Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Liberty Hockey Invitational?

Posted by nyc94 
Liberty Hockey Invitational?
Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 21, 2013 11:46PM

October 25-26, 2013 at the Prudential Center in Newark. "Princeton, Yale, Brown and Dartmouth competing for the Liberty Trophy."

"Over the next three years, the tournament will feature Princeton and Yale, who will be staples of the event, along with invitational spots from Hockey East teams Maine, Massachusetts, Massachusetts-Lowell, Merrimack and Vermont."

[www.uscho.com]

Re: Liberty Hockey Invitational?
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2013 12:00AM

nyc94
October 25-26, 2013 at the Prudential Center in Newark. "Princeton, Yale, Brown and Dartmouth competing for the Liberty Trophy."

"Over the next three years, the tournament will feature Princeton and Yale, who will be staples of the event, along with invitational spots from Hockey East teams Maine, Massachusetts, Massachusetts-Lowell, Merrimack and Vermont."

[www.uscho.com]

Is it getting that hard for the Ivies to schedule non-conference games that they need to create a tournament?

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2013 12:09AM

Rita
nyc94

[www.uscho.com]

Is it getting that hard for the Ivies to schedule non-conference games that they need to create a tournament?
I think some have also decided that it's a big disadvantage to start the season against a non-ECAC team who has already played four games.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 22, 2013 12:14AM

jkahn
Rita
nyc94

[www.uscho.com]

I think some have also decided that it's a big disadvantage to start the season against a non-ECAC team who has already played four games.

They have been playing the "Ivy Shootout" to start the season for a few six years now but I think it has always been on campus. Not sure how many tickets they're going to sell in Newark.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2013 12:24AM by nyc94.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2013 09:25AM

nyc94
They have been playing the "Ivy Shootout" to start the season for a few six years now but I think it has always been on campus. Not sure how many tickets they're going to sell in Newark.
Cornell and Colgate didn't threaten the capacity of the Prudential Center Thanksgiving Weekend 2010. It sounds as if all the Ivy schools recognize the value for visibility, alumni events, whatever, to be in the NY area with sports. Just that we go there first to MSG and Roosevelt Island.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 22, 2013 11:00AM

Is there anything in the NCAA regs barring two D-1 teams from playing in Canada?

I would love to go to a Cornell NC game in, say, Toronto or Montreal. It wouldn't hurt recruiting either, and it would be nice to play a game in the parents' backyard for once.

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: March 22, 2013 11:08AM

Trotsky
Is there anything in the NCAA regs barring two D-1 teams from playing in Canada?

I would love to go to a Cornell NC game in, say, Toronto or Montreal. It wouldn't hurt recruiting either, and it would be nice to play a game in the parents' backyard for once.

I doubt it. Didn't SLU and Clarkson play in Ottawa a while back? Didn't CU women play SLU on a reservation in Canada (though that may have been in NY, I forget)?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.sub-174-236-104.myvzw.com)
Date: March 22, 2013 12:31PM

Trotsky

Clarkson and North Dakota played a game in Winnipeg in January 2012.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2013 06:39AM

This thread title had me worried. I thought that the 4 ECAC Liberty League teams (Clarkson, RPI, SLU, and Union) were going to do something stupid and form a new league with fellow LL member RIT.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2013 07:01AM

ursusminor
This thread title had me worried. I thought that the 4 ECAC Liberty League teams (Clarkson, RPI, SLU, and Union) were going to do something stupid and form a new league with fellow LL member RIT.

No league would be silly enough to set up play with only four or five opponents.twak
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2013 08:28AM by marty.

Posted by: ugarte (38.96.141.---)
Date: March 23, 2013 01:27PM

ursusminor
I was afraid that they were going to play a tournament at Jerry Falwell U! (Not joking.)

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2013 06:15AM

marty
ursusminor

No league would be silly enough to set up play with only four or five opponents.twak
and no league would be silly enough to move their tourney to Atlantic City. ;)

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2013 10:04AM

Stop, I'm a closet Michigan fan...........stupid Big 10 conference. I will miss the CCHA.

Posted by: ugarte (38.96.141.---)
Date: March 25, 2013 10:56AM

RatushnyFan
Stop, I'm a closet Michigan fan...........stupid Big 10 conference. I will miss the CCHA.
This was very brave of you. We will support you, whoever you love.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 25, 2013 10:57AM

ugarte
ursusminor
I was afraid that they were going to play a tournament at Jerry Falwell U! (Not joking.)
They could point to the ice to rebut global warming...

(My first thought when I saw "Liberty" was that, too. That's depressing.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login