Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Who do you want to win in AC?

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 18, 2013 01:29PM

Poll
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
54 votes were received.
Q 13

24%
Yale 5

9%
Union 5

9%
Brown 31

57%

2 Threads since can't put both in one.

Re: Who do you want to win in AC?
Posted by: Robb (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2013 01:31PM

How is this even a question? Go Bruno!

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.28.---)
Date: March 18, 2013 01:35PM

Could not care less.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 18, 2013 01:48PM

50 years is a long wait. Throw Brown a bone.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: March 18, 2013 01:54PM

My two-year-old is in a "poop" phase. At Princeton and Q, every time we yelled "Let's Go Red!" she added "Let's Go Poop!" I kept trying to explain to her that Brown wasn't playing. She'll be so excited on Friday.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2013 02:37PM

None of the above.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.d.usd.edu)
Date: March 18, 2013 02:41PM

Ugh. Brown, I guess. Then... Yale? Really?

Posted by: gomestar (199.67.140.---)
Date: March 18, 2013 02:46PM

I'll root for whatever gets the most ECAC teams into the NCAA's. I'm assuming that'd be a union vs. brown champtionship with a brown victory.

a brown win would also mean Q doesn't open the NCAA's in Providence. which I kind of like.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.customer.alter.net)
Date: March 18, 2013 02:46PM

Ice. Open up. Swallow all.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-215-2.myvzw.com)
Date: March 18, 2013 03:35PM

I guess I agree with Kyle, but I'm looking for a sinkhole to swallow Boardwalk Hall.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 18, 2013 04:16PM

marty
I guess I agree with Kyle, but I'm looking for a sinkhole to swallow Boardwalk Hall.
I no longer have any beef with AC and Boardwalk Hall. There's no longer any reason for me to ever go there.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.customer.alter.net)
Date: March 18, 2013 04:44PM

KeithK
marty
I no longer have any beef with AC and Boardwalk Hall. There's no longer any reason for me to ever go there.
QFT. The sooner it is forgotten, the better. And the Boardwalk Hall people were very nice, so I wish no ill will toward them: the arena just happens to be in a dump a 6 hour drive from where I live.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2013 05:11PM

marty

They will need to relocate the conference tourney to Tampa to have a chance of that happening. So if Lake Placid doesn't draw well......

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2013 05:11PM

marty
It's a perfectly nice building if you just like history and architecture. What we really want is for the sinkhole to swallow the ice, like Kyle said, so that perfectly nice building can never host our hockey tournament again.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 19, 2013 05:53PM

Union has to win, I've heard they will dominate the ECAC for the next decade.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2013 07:26PM

French Rage
Union has to win, I've heard they will dominate the ECAC for the next decade.
Well, it's about time somebody broke SLU's strangehold, which was declared in 2000.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.northlandsecurities.com)
Date: March 19, 2013 11:43PM

Q

Posted by: ugarte (38.96.141.---)
Date: March 20, 2013 10:13AM

For a while I thought not posting at all would be an indication that I don't care at all what happens in AC. Then I decided I'd rather say it. My preferences for ECAC champion - especially if Harvard has already been eliminated - are 1. Cornell 2. Don't care.

Once the NCAA tournament starts I'll probably develop some emotions about the national champion but the conference is either for us or total indifference unless there is some kind of interesting or compelling storyline. I suppose if Brown wins I might think that's kind of neat but that's based only on past fondness for underdogs.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 20, 2013 12:45PM

ugarte
For a while I thought not posting at all would be an indication that I don't care at all what happens in AC. Then I decided I'd rather say it. My preferences for ECAC champion - especially if Harvard has already been eliminated - are 1. Cornell 2. Don't care.

Once the NCAA tournament starts I'll probably develop some emotions about the national champion but the conference is either for us or total indifference unless there is some kind of interesting or compelling storyline. I suppose if Brown wins I might think that's kind of neat but that's based only on past fondness for underdogs.

You're right, I should have put in an "I don't care" option. I'd like Brown, but I don't really care.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2013 02:03PM

Want Q to win, get the best seeding possible, make the final four, and win it all. The ECAC needs the lift. Yale and Union disappointed us the past couple years. Brown making the NCAAs just delivers cannon fodder for Minnesota, BC or Miami. Okay, RIT did make the Frozen Four, so anything is possible. For Q to fade out on Friday in Atlantic City, that would add more ECAC teams to the playoffs since it couldn't not make the NCAAs.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2013 02:05PM

billhoward
Want Q to win, get the best seeding possible, make the final four, and win it all. The ECAC needs the lift. Yale and Union disappointed us the past couple years. Brown making the NCAAs just delivers cannon fodder for Minnesota, BC or Miami. Okay, RIT did make the Frozen Four, so anything is possible. For Q to fade out on Friday in Atlantic City, that would add more ECAC teams to the playoffs since it couldn't not make the NCAAs.
QU is already guaranteed the top seed in the NCAA tourney.

Posted by: redice (---.sub-75-194-99.myvzw.com)
Date: March 20, 2013 02:12PM

I don't follow the math on such things. But, any ECAC tournament/NCAA regional outcomes that maximize the number of ECAC teams in the Frozen Four is fine with me and good for our conference.

I hold abolutely no loyatly toward QU winning the ECAC tournament title.. It's CU or "I could give a shit" for me!!

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: March 20, 2013 02:57PM

You know, this week seems very odd in that I'm not procrastinating by playing "you are the committee" to see what needs to happen to keep Cornell from playing the likes of Minnesota, or how to keep them in an Eastern regional. :`-(

I noticed that the CCHA semis are Saturday afternoon and the finals Sunday afternoon. I guess that is some special dispensation from the NC$$ selection committee so they can have an "our conference is being disbanded" bash. FWIW, the selection show will be Sunday night at 9 pm on ESPNU.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 22, 2013 04:42PM

2-0 Brown after 1

edit: moving score updates to conference tournament thread.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2013 04:49PM by nyc94.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2013 04:49PM

The game is on FCS Atlantic (on TW cable) for anyone having trouble finding this as I did earlier.

Posted by: judy (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2013 05:39PM

FCS - also known as channel 623 on DirecTV

Posted by: BearLover (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2013 07:11PM

I'm late, but I'm extremely bitter about this season so I wanted to minimize the number of ECAC teams making it...oh well.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2013 07:25PM

BearLover
I'm late, but I'm extremely bitter about this season so I wanted to minimize the number of ECAC teams making it...oh well.
If it makes you feel any better, in December we looked almost a lock to get 4 ECAC teams in.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2013 09:31AM

Trotsky
BearLover
If it makes you feel any better, in December we looked almost a lock to get 4 ECAC teams in.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but aren't nearly all of the teams that make it to the ECAC championship in AC members of the ECAC?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login