Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

A proposal

Posted by BMac 
A proposal
Posted by: BMac (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 09:45PM

Let's never, ever talk about today ever again.

Q: talk about what?
A: exactly

Great. Thanks.

Re: A proposal
Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 09:47PM

BMac

Great. Thanks.

The lacrosse team looked pretty good (but don't talk about faceoffs).

Posted by: dbilmes (---.sub-174-236-34.myvzw.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 09:53PM

BMac

Great. Thanks.

Unfortunately, after watching I may have PTSD and may need to talk about the game in therapy.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 09:54PM

It's no worse than a 1-0 loss. Tomorrow's a new day.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 09:55PM by Jordan 04.

Posted by: HockeyMan (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 10:42PM

Jordan 04
It's no worse than a 1-0 loss.

Oh yes it is. A riduclous display. Embarrassing shot totals, and a complete lack of discipline.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 11:36PM

Jordan 04
It's no worse than a 1-0 loss. Tomorrow's a new day.
What's worse than than a 1-0 loss? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Posted by: ScrewBU (---.158.58.41.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 11:54PM

I have another proposal. #FireSchafer and find a coach that won't embarrass the university any further. See: the Denver series post game conferences, the 5 minute majors every other game, the nut shots (Ferlin on national TV), the 7 game losing streak, and now this. He should be GONE. ahhhhhhh...see ya you goon!

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2013 12:02AM

ScrewBU
I have another proposal. #FireSchafer and find a coach that won't embarrass the university any further. See: the Denver series post game conferences, the 5 minute majors every other game, the nut shots (Ferlin on national TV), the 7 game losing streak, and now this. He should be GONE. ahhhhhhh...see ya you goon!
"Reporting for duty, Sir! To replace the absent Facetimer."

To your point: Wouldn't this be the coach of a non-scholarship DI team who has done more, for more years, than anybody else with the same constraints either in the past two decades, or ever, except for Ned Harkness in a different, smaller era?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2013 01:01AM

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 17, 2013 09:39AM

One of the reasons why I am not an NHL fan is the fights. That is why I like college hockey. I am becoming a bigger fan of the Womens game where skill and speed is prized over size and big hits.

The trajectory of the college game is that it will become more and more focused on concussions and injuries. Over the next few years the ice will tilt even further towards skating and passing teams and against slow grinders. We need to get with the program.

I am not the biggest fan on this board but last night I was embarrassed again for our University. The score does not matter. The box full of red players does. Either this is the sort of game the coach wants played or the coach is not able to bend the team to his will. I hope it is the latter.

IMHO both coaches should be suspended for the next game along with a number of players. If I want to watch hockey fights I will watch the Bruins.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2013 11:48AM

You're right.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2013 12:18PM

Towerroad
One of the reasons why I am not an NHL fan is the fights. That is why I like college hockey. I am becoming a bigger fan of the Womens game where skill and speed is prized over size and big hits.

The trajectory of the college game is that it will become more and more focused on concussions and injuries. Over the next few years the ice will tilt even further towards skating and passing teams and against slow grinders. We need to get with the program.

I am not the biggest fan on this board but last night I was embarrassed again for our University. The score does not matter. The box full of red players does. Either this is the sort of game the coach wants played or the coach is not able to bend the team to his will. I hope it is the latter.

IMHO both coaches should be suspended for the next game along with a number of players. If I want to watch hockey fights I will watch the Bruins.

Were you watching the game or just listening to the radio broadcast? During the second period intermission they showed the Q coach talking to his players. His whole focus was let's get through this period without those types of problems. He even specifically mentioned #s 14 & 28 (McCarron & Lowry). I don't know what he said without the camera, but I don't see how you can punish him. Based upon what he did during the season, I also don't think Schafer would want the actions and penalties.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2013 12:20PM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2013 02:54PM

BMac

Great. Thanks.

The Fort Myers NewsPress conveniently only lists the scores for three games from the ECAC hockey tourney (I'm still shocked that there are college hockey scores listed in the newspaper). Did you all know that Yale, Renesslear and Union (NY) all won last night? :-P

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2013 12:50PM

Rita
BMac

Great. Thanks.

The Fort Myers NewsPress conveniently only lists the scores for three games from the ECAC hockey tourney (I'm still shocked that there are college hockey scores listed in the newspaper). Did you all know that Yale, Renesslear and Union (NY) all won last night? :-P
I don't think that I have ever seen RPI spelled as Renesslear before.)

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2013 05:04PM

ursusminor
Rita
BMac

Great. Thanks.

I don't think that I have ever seen RPI spelled as Renesslear before.)

It was newspaper 0.5 pt font size. My eyes did the best they could and it isn't in the speling guide. I didn't mean to offend anyone's alma mater.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login