Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Quarterfinals at Q

Posted by Greenberg '97 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Quarterfinals at Q
Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 10, 2013 10:42PM

Online ticketing system appears to show that Friday's game is sold out. Anyone with any insight into this?

Edited to add: Stubhub has a few available for each game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2013 10:43PM by Greenberg '97.

Re: Quarterfinals at Q
Posted by: BearLover (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2013 02:14AM

Cornell outnumbers Q with 8 drafted players to 3. There should be little, if any, talent advantage for Q. Let's see if the boys can pull it together.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 03:37AM

Call the ticket office, ask about standing room. With Q on break, are there really 3500 faculty and townspeople, plus students livng nearby and not sunning in Panama City, to fill the place? 'course, being ranked #1 may have a bandwagon effect on potential fans.

Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 08:49AM

FWIW, the Quinnipiac thread on USCHO mentioned that the games on both Friday and Saturday were already either sold out or SRO, likely excluding whatever allotment Cornell gets.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 09:39AM

I would expect a tough atmosphere at (First Against the Wall Come the Revolution) Arena. They drew 101% for the year, there's a jock culture there that's much more reminiscent of a Hockey East school, and they've been great all year to allow the snowball of "the in thing on campus" to build. Plus if the RS game on NBCS is any indicator, they flood the building with thunder sticks, piped-in derp music, and the other geegaws of the contrived "atmosphere" of a pro game.

The way to handle that is to come out hard early and take the facetimers out of it.

Posted by: dbilmes (72.10.101.---)
Date: March 11, 2013 10:25AM

The best way to get tickets is through the Cornell ticket office. I just spoke with them and they haven't received the tickets yet from Q, but expect to have them available to purchase online later in the day.
As for the atmosphere at Q, it's terrible. They blast loud music before the game, during the game and between periods. The thundersticks they give out are annoying. Their fans don't know that much about hockey. I've been to several games there listed as sellouts where there were hundreds of empty seats. The parking situation stinks since there's only one access road to and from the parking area.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 11:49AM

semsox
FWIW, the Quinnipiac thread on USCHO mentioned that the games on both Friday and Saturday were already either sold out or SRO, likely excluding whatever allotment Cornell gets.

Plus remember they've known when/where these games will be for two weeks (well for even more given how early they clinched the RS), so they've had plenty of time to sell the tickets.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: March 11, 2013 12:01PM

Trotsky
Plus if the RS game on NBCS is any indicator, they flood the building with thunder sticks, piped-in derp music, and the other geegaws of the contrived "atmosphere" of a pro game.

Spot on. I wonder if they'll dig out the giant inflatable bobcat head that their team skated through on their way onto the ice several years ago. The general M.O. for the managment of the concrete bunker is to provide the residents of Hamden, CT with the best ECHL atmosphere they can.

I'm not sure if the dorms they were building up on that hill are done, but I'm sure the drunk bus that they provide to cart a lot of them to and from the arena (and as I learned after the Yale game, to the bars of New Haven) will be running.

Date: March 11, 2013 12:07PM

BearLover
Cornell outnumbers Q with 8 drafted players to 3. There should be little, if any, talent advantage for Q. Let's see if the boys can pull it together.

As Harvard has proven time and time and time again, the number of draft picks you sport amounts to approximately bupkis on the ice.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2013 12:19PM

RichH
BearLover

As Harvard has proven time and time and time again, the number of draft picks you sport amounts to approximately bupkis on the ice.
Exactly, I'm sure there are some organizations that want those picks back.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 12:23PM

css228
RichH
BearLover

If you're talking about our current guys rather than Harvard's sucky alumni, it seems awfully soon to say that any of them are wasted draft picks.

Date: March 11, 2013 12:25PM

For those planning to attend hockey games at Q who might be unaware, the lacrosse team plays at Yale Saturday afternoon at 1.

Posted by: css228 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 11, 2013 12:58PM

Josh '99
css228
RichH
BearLover

If you're talking about our current guys rather than Harvard's sucky alumni, it seems awfully soon to say that any of them are wasted draft picks.
Talking in general, that there have been many busts in NHL draft picks, though there is one Pennsylvania organization which I'm sure wants its pick back, not that I particularly care because this kind of thing never gets old

Date: March 11, 2013 01:07PM

Tickets just went live on the CU Athletics website:

[cornellbigredtickets.universitytickets.com]

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 11, 2013 01:14PM

Josh '99
Tickets just went live on the CU Athletics website:

[cornellbigredtickets.universitytickets.com]

Thanks, I just called them 15 min before your post and was told to not expect anything till Tuesday AM.twak

Posted by: dbilmes (72.10.101.---)
Date: March 11, 2013 01:25PM

Tickets are being sold online through ticket office website. They're only selling tickets for Games 1 and 2 so they don't have to deal with refunds after we sweep the series. If by some chance there is a Game 3, fans will have to buy them at Q at the end of Game 2 on Saturday night.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: March 11, 2013 03:16PM

Purchased. Once again, in for Game 1 only due to work commitments on Saturday. Thanks for the info!

Date: March 11, 2013 05:32PM

dbilmes
Tickets are being sold online through ticket office website. They're only selling tickets for Games 1 and 2 so they don't have to deal with refunds after we sweep the series. If by some chance there is a Game 3, fans will have to buy them at Q at the end of Game 2 on Saturday night.

If there is a game 3, I hope they're smart enough to again have it at 5 PM. Getting home at 2 AM, to get up at 6, isn't fun.

Date: March 12, 2013 05:20PM

I don't see that anyone has talked about Iles injury on Fri night and that Hogan was dressed Sat. I assume he was there in case Iles couldn't play? Maybe he was dressed Fri and I just didn't notice. Anyone else notice? Fortunately Iles seemed OK and I never thought about it after that.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2013 06:35PM

They usually dress all three goalies -- home and away.

Posted by: BearLover (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2013 06:45PM

Gotovets didn't play Saturday again. Anyone know the word? Mowrey looks like he'll be back. When's the last time Cornell beat the #1 team in the country?

Date: March 12, 2013 07:20PM

BearLover
When's the last time Cornell beat the #1 team in the country?

I'm just excited 1) To beat Trotsky to the punch and 2) I actually found something I was looking for on his site. ;-)

[www.tbrw.info]

11/15/96 vs. UVM. That same team also tied #1 Michigan at Yost in January. Since then, CU has only played #1 (however Greg defines it in this chart) once until this season: the 4-3 loss to UHN in the 2002 NCAA QF in Worcester. Also since then, Cornell has 2 wins vs. #2s: 12/06 vs. UNH in Florida and last season's NCAA win vs. Michigan.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2013 08:17PM

RichH
BearLover

I'm just excited 1) To beat Trotsky to the punch and 2) I actually found something I was looking for on his site. ;-)

There's an index.

(But yeah, I know, search engine. I know.)

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2013 10:36PM

Larry72

Maybe I've missed it at all the away games that I've been to, but Sue Detzer and I both thought it was funny to see Hogan at an away game.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2013 12:57AM

Trotsky
RichH
BearLover

There's an index.

(But yeah, I know, search engine. I know.)

The index was the first place I went. The page I linked to wasn't listed in the index, but then after another frustrating visit to the "Cornell History" section, I found it under the oh-so-obvious "Cool Stuff" heading.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2013 11:48AM

Jim Hyla
dbilmes

If there is a game 3, I hope they're smart enough to again have it at 5 PM. Getting home at 2 AM, to get up at 6, isn't fun.

[quinnipiac.prestosports.com]

Q has Sunday's possible Game 3 listed as a 7:30 p.m. start time, presumably because their women's basketball team is expecting to be playing in their conference championship game in the attached basketball arena at 5 p.m. If we go to a game three, I'm keeping the hotel room for Sunday night as need a place to work during the day on Sunday.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2013 12:06PM

RichH
BearLover

[www.tbrw.info]

11/15/96 vs. UVM. That same team also tied #1 Michigan at Yost in January. Since then, CU has only played #1 (however Greg defines it in this chart) once until this season: the 4-3 loss to UHN in the 2002 NCAA QF in Worcester. Also since then, Cornell has 2 wins vs. #2s: 12/06 vs. UNH in Florida and last season's NCAA win vs. Michigan.

I'll take the info he has on his site over the design of his site any day.

IIRC, the 2002 NCAA QF game was the game UHN earned our nickname for them by having their fans hold up their letter cards in the wrong order.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 13, 2013 12:55PM

Jim Hyla
Larry72

Maybe I've missed it at all the away games that I've been to, but Sue Detzer and I both thought it was funny to see Hogan at an away game.

It's rare for the third goalie to make trips. Usually Colgate is the only regular season away game they'll take all three to, assuming they have three. Travel restrictions might be different for playoff games.

Date: March 13, 2013 01:04PM

I just spoke to Sue Detzer. CU sold 50 tickets from Ithaca and CC of Hartford has another 50. Band is going so the attendance may be better than PU. Unfortunately I had to call her because now I can't go:`-(, but that means there are tickets at the ticket office if someone needs them.

Date: March 13, 2013 01:30PM

Tom Pasniewski 98
RichH
BearLover

[www.tbrw.info]

IIRC, the 2002 NCAA QF game was the game UHN earned our nickname for them by having their fans hold up their letter cards in the wrong order.

What design?

BTW, how I define it is the USCHO poll. If I am ever successful in finding the pre-USCHO polling from the days of that TV (radio?) station out of Detroit (St. Paul?), I will include that. This would be nice, since it would capture all of those weeks in the 60's when Cornell must have been in the top 2 or 3.

And yes, your memory is correct, that was the immortal UHN game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 01:31PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: css228 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2013 01:40PM

Trotsky
Tom Pasniewski 98
RichH
BearLover

[www.tbrw.info]

What design?

BTW, how I define it is the USCHO poll. If I am ever successful in finding the pre-USCHO polling from the days of that TV (radio?) station out of Detroit (St. Paul?), I will include that. This would be nice, since it would capture all of those weeks in the 60's when Cornell must have been in the top 2 or 3.

And yes, your memory is correct, that was the immortal UHN game.
I prefer their other nickname: "The University of No Hardware"

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.dynamic.sonic.net)
Date: March 13, 2013 02:38PM

CowbellGuy
Jim Hyla
Larry72

It's rare for the third goalie to make trips. Usually Colgate is the only regular season away game they'll take all three to, assuming they have three. Travel restrictions might be different for playoff games.
I believe everybody makes the trip for playoff games.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 13, 2013 05:47PM

Jim Hyla
Unfortunately I had to call her because now I can't go:`-(, but that means there are tickets at the ticket office if someone needs them.
Say it ain't so! Who's going to provide the Lynah Faithful with Snickers?

Date: March 14, 2013 09:21AM

dbilmes
Jim Hyla
Unfortunately I had to call her because now I can't go:`-(, but that means there are tickets at the ticket office if someone needs them.
Say it ain't so! Who's going to provide the Lynah Faithful with Snickers?
The Q ushers would probably heave them anyway.

Like young cops, young programs overreact.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 15, 2013 10:21AM

I'm going with a former Q hockey player who is no my 1999 son's T1 coach. Good guy. Free food and beer but I've been encouraged not to wear jeans or red and white colors......

Date: March 15, 2013 11:56AM

RatushnyFan
I'm going with a former Q hockey player who is no my 1999 son's T1 coach. Good guy. Free food and beer but I've been encouraged not to wear jeans or red and white colors......

And you're going to agree?bolt

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 15, 2013 12:47PM

RatushnyFan
Why no jeans? The other part makes sense.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2013 03:15PM

Josh '99
RatushnyFan
Why no jeans? The other part makes sense.

Not Ivy League enough for the ticks.

Date: March 15, 2013 03:57PM

I've mentioned that I'm not going, but not that I wonder if anyone would bring Snickers for the band, and to throw if you wish. Also newspapers, don't forget your newspapers.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 15, 2013 09:48PM

Newspapers were dutifully handed out. Band got to the game about half way through the first period. Don't know why. No Snickers.

Date: March 15, 2013 10:10PM

Larry72
Newspapers were dutifully handed out. Band got to the game about half way through the first period. Don't know why. No Snickers.

Thanks, chat was talking about traffic problems.????

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2013 10:12PM

Pep band bus had mechanical difficulties, according to band members.

Date: March 15, 2013 10:15PM

Box Score says attendance 3103. It holds 3286. How in the world could that many ticket holders not show up?

Date: March 15, 2013 10:19PM

Jim Hyla
Box Score says attendance 3103. It holds 3286. How in the world could that many ticket holders not show up?
It's their break. Maybe they have significant season ticket #s?

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 15, 2013 10:26PM

Anybody staking out an NYC watch location for Saturday night?

Date: March 15, 2013 11:12PM

The road playoff record gets a little better.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: March 15, 2013 11:32PM

Jim Hyla
I've mentioned that I'm not going, but not that I wonder if anyone would bring Snickers for the band, and to throw if you wish. Also newspapers, don't forget your newspapers.

Damn, didn't see this until just now. I was going to offer but didn't want to steal your thing. I even have a bag of them at home.

Date: March 15, 2013 11:48PM

Greenberg '97
Jim Hyla

Damn, didn't see this until just now. I was going to offer but didn't want to steal your thing. I even have a bag of them at home.
I'll bet they sell them in New Haven. Right next to the batteries.

Date: March 16, 2013 06:12AM

Greenberg '97
Jim Hyla

Well, I won't be there tonight either.:`-(Go for it.:-)

Date: March 16, 2013 08:31AM

Morning news:

CHN

USCHO

Ithaca Journal

NewHaven Register

Any others?

Posted by: gored (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 08:43AM

Although I am sure this is posted elsewhere (I didn't have the energy to search), Sat game is televised live on NESN. Let's Go Red!

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 08:59AM

gored
Although I am sure this is posted elsewhere (I didn't have the energy to search), Sat game is televised live on NESN. Let's Go Red!

"Grrrrr,....!!"
Apparently not in Myrtle Beach!!
Shoulda brought the laptop and not the iPad.

Oh, we'll....
Any word on Axell? Concussion??

Yes, LET'S GO RED!!!!!

cheer cheer cheer

Date: March 16, 2013 09:08AM

Johnny 5
gored

"Grrrrr,....!!"

NESN broadcasts different programming regionally? I would have thought it's the same programming everywhere.

Date: March 16, 2013 09:46AM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla
It's their break. Maybe they have significant season ticket #s?
There were hundreds of empty seats all throughout the rink. The student section was half empty, but that's only a small section. Every time I go to Q and they list a sellout there are hundreds of empty seats.

Posted by: gored (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 09:48AM

This is Q's Spring Break. Much to our advantage.

Date: March 16, 2013 09:49AM

Jordan 04
Johnny 5
gored

"Grrrrr,....!!"

NESN broadcasts different programming regionally? I would have thought it's the same programming everywhere.

I thought so, too.
Nope.

bang

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 10:00AM

Johnny 5
Jordan 04
Johnny 5
gored

"Grrrrr,....!!"

I thought so, too.
Nope.

bang
Surprisingly, NESN is not available on some cable networks in Fairfield County, CT. Very strange. That's MSG, YES, and Yankees territory, I suppose.

Posted by: drs48 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 10:04AM

Will NESN livestream on the PC?

Date: March 16, 2013 10:09AM

drs48
Will NESN livestream on the PC?

I think they use Flash, so not on iDevices.
I'll check to see if they stream to PC.
I am doubtful.

Date: March 16, 2013 10:13AM

Probably too esoteric to expect someone to pop it up on one of the bootleg streaming sites, huh?

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 10:47AM

Jordan 04
Probably too esoteric to expect someone to pop it up on one of the bootleg streaming sites, huh?

I'm hoping this might be streaming it, but I have no experience with this:

[www.livestream.com]

There are other similar sites that Google found.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 11:54AM

Jim Hyla
Greenberg '97
Jim Hyla

Well, I won't be there tonight either.:`-(Go for it.:-)

Neither will I. I'm working late today (probably just late enough to get home too late to start the drive), then the 4-year-old has to be up early tomorrow. To play hockey, though, so it's OK.

Trotsky
I'll bet they sell them in New Haven. Right next to the batteries.

Yes, yes, that is true. My point was that I was staring at a bag of snickers in my house, thinking, maybe I should bring these...

Date: March 16, 2013 01:09PM

OK then, who will bring Snickers?:`-(

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2013 02:16PM

Bryce Van Brabant has been suspended for tonight's game by the ECAC.

Date: March 16, 2013 02:24PM

CowbellGuy

I assume that's Axell.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 02:30PM

CowbellGuy

What (and when) was the play? I arrived 5:00 into the first and don't remember seeing anything egregious.

Edit: Reviewing the box score, I guess the elbow at 10:32?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 02:35PM by Greenberg '97.

Date: March 16, 2013 03:14PM

Axell coming back?

Date: March 16, 2013 03:34PM

Greenberg '97
CowbellGuy

What (and when) was the play? I arrived 5:00 into the first and don't remember seeing anything egregious.

Edit: Reviewing the box score, I guess the elbow at 10:32?
I'm pretty sure there was no penalty on the play when Axell got injured.

Date: March 16, 2013 03:51PM

[www.collegehockeynews.com]
CHN
The ECAC suspended Quinnipiac forward Bryce Van Brabant "in accordance with the League’s supplemental discipline process," as the result of his actions in Friday's game against Cornell.

The League action was taken after review of an incident that occurred in first period in the teams' quarterfinal playoff game. Cornell won Game 1.

Based upon the League’s action, Van Brabant is not eligible to compete in Game 2, set for Saturday.
When did Axell go down, first period? Not that the two must be related, but you can add a supplemental penalty for something the on-ice officials missed.

Date: March 16, 2013 04:29PM

It was the first period.

Posted by: carpy85 (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 05:16PM

billhoward
[www.collegehockeynews.com]
CHN
The ECAC suspended Quinnipiac forward Bryce Van Brabant "in accordance with the League’s supplemental discipline process," as the result of his actions in Friday's game against Cornell.

The League action was taken after review of an incident that occurred in first period in the teams' quarterfinal playoff game. Cornell won Game 1.

Based upon the League’s action, Van Brabant is not eligible to compete in Game 2, set for Saturday.
When did Axell go down, first period? Not that the two must be related, but you can add a supplemental penalty for something the on-ice officials missed.

I heard something somewhere about Axell getting a puck to his head and possibly got a concussion from it, but I am not sure how accurate that would be. I do know that he changed back into his day clothes and was in the stands by the end of the game last night.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 05:36PM

Jim Hyla

Well... Coach Pecknold's facial expressions (when Q is behind) always make ME chuckle. (Rimshot)

Posted by: msphi81 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 05:39PM

Axel got elbowed in the head by Van Brabant. It should have been a 5 minute major and a game DQ but the ref who was 20 feet away was lookng up the ice and didn't see it even though about 2000 other people at the game same exactly what happened.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-215-11.myvzw.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 06:51PM

TimV
Jim Hyla

Well... Coach Pecknold's facial expressions (when Q is behind) always make ME chuckle. (Rimshot)

Do they still make Chuckles candy?. I think the Snickers tradition will live - hopefully as long as Screw BU.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.sub-174-236-34.myvzw.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 06:52PM

The bad news for Game 2 is that Q had passed out headache-inducing thunder sticks to try to get their fans to make some noise.

Posted by: WillCMJr (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 08:15PM

Wow, Iles pulled... There's something you don't see everyday.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 08:22PM

WillCMJr
Wow, Iles pulled... There's something you don't see everyday.
Still a treat to finally watch Kanji play.

Posted by: gored (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 08:32PM

I think I prefer Iles at this point. This is the worst game I have seen in a very long time. It almost doesn't seem real.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 08:40PM

question.. on the 2nd Quin goal. is the player really allowed to stand in the crease in college hockey and wait for a puck to hit his skate?

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 08:59PM

I starting to suspect that Q does not miss Van Brabant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 09:00PM by ugarte.

Posted by: Lisa92 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 09:05PM

I'm watching the Twitter feed, so I'm not really getting a feel of the game. What on earth is happening? Is Cornell playing so badly? Is Quinnipiac that good? Some combo. of the two?

Also, did Iles have an off night, or is it more an issue of Q's offense and/or Cornell's lack of defense?

Posted by: ChipJ (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 09:31PM

Yeah, what is the record worst loss for us in an ECAC tournament? This has to be in the top three.

Posted by: hypotenuse (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 09:33PM

The second game-
Reminds me of the Cornell-BU game in 197? In which BU beat us 9-0 at Lynah. (BU was later forced to forfeit the game, which was Cornell's first loss at Lynah in years) like this one, the game just got away from us. Hopefully we can wake up tomorrow with no hangover and get out act together.

Date: March 16, 2013 09:39PM

embarrassing

Date: March 16, 2013 09:59PM

ChipJ
Yeah, what is the record worst loss for us in an ECAC tournament? This has to be in the top three.

The record is 0-10 at Quinnipiac.

The record was 0-6 vs Yale, and 3-9 at Michigan.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 10:25PM

"Did you see the women get knocked out in overtime?"
"Yeah, that seemed devastating. Let's definitely avoid that."

Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 10:31PM

27 PIMs for McCarron...what's the Cornell record for a single player in a single game?

Posted by: tretiak (---.sb.sd.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 10:37PM

For those who watched, do you think there will be any suspensions? Any video of the donneybrooks?

Date: March 16, 2013 10:39PM

tretiak
For those who watched, do you think there will be any suspensions? Any video of the donneybrooks?
Would be surprised if there aren't any. McCarron for starters...

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2013 11:00PM

sah67
27 PIMs for McCarron...what's the Cornell record for a single player in a single game?

I'm pretty sure Rob Levasseur got 30 minutes in a game once in the mid '80's.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2013 11:58PM

Q had the rare double major up on the board..........a 10 minute penalty.

That was the worst Cornell game I've ever seen. Period. The one game I get to go to this year, bummer.

Posted by: snert1288 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 17, 2013 01:00AM

If McCarron is out then Russel Goodman should be too. He got two game misconducts on one play and a total of 30 PIM.

Date: March 17, 2013 01:04AM

If we win by 1 tomorrow we advance to AC after a cumulative -8 goal differential in the series.

That alone is reason to win; it would be hysterical.

Posted by: Ben (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 17, 2013 01:15AM

Trotsky
If we win by 1 tomorrow we advance to AC after a cumulative -8 goal differential in the series.

If the season continues as it has been going, we will win tomorrow, get thrashed 12-0 by Yale in AC, win the consolation and squeak into the NCAAs where Minnesota will pummel us into the ice. Literally.

If nothing else, they need to get Miller two points tomorrow.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 17, 2013 03:02AM

RatushnyFan
Q had the rare double major up on the board..........a 10 minute penalty.

That was the worst Cornell game hockey game sporting event thing I've ever seen. Period. The one game I get to go to this year, bummer.

FYP.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 17, 2013 08:39AM

Trotsky

Look at the bright side, we move up into a three way tie with BU and Wisconsin for 18th in the pairwise.

Date: March 17, 2013 08:57AM

Was Andy reinserted simply to spare Kanji further embarrassment? If so, that seems pretty classy as Coach could have easily continued to make Kanji the sacrificial lamb in preparation for tonight's game.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 17, 2013 09:14AM

tretiak
I hope so, it should probably include both coaches

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2013 10:04AM

Jordan 04
Was Andy reinserted simply to spare Kanji further embarrassment? If so, that seems pretty classy as Coach could have easily continued to make Kanji the sacrificial lamb in preparation for tonight's game.

That was my take on it, but who knows.

Posted by: snert1288 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 17, 2013 10:17AM

Everything I've seen from Iles tells me he is a tough competitor. I would not be surprised if he advocated to coach to put him back in. It was his game and he would finish it. That said I think it was smart to spare him part of that second period.

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login