Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

NC$$_ Women v. Mercyhurst

Posted by Rita 
NC$$_ Women v. Mercyhurst
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2013 06:08PM

Hey, this deserves its own thread.

From the ECAC Harvard and Clarkson are in as well.

Hockey East sends BU and BC.

The only 2 western teams Minnesota and N.Dakota meet in the quarterfinals. Go NDAK Go.

Re: NC$$_ Women v. Mercyhurst
Posted by: Ben (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2013 06:10PM

Rita

The only 2 western teams Minnesota and N.Dakota meet in the quarterfinals. Go NDAK Go.
North Dakota is 10th in Pairwise, behind Wisconsin...how did they get in ahead of the Badgers?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2013 06:15PM

Ben
Rita

North Dakota is 10th in Pairwise, behind Wisconsin...how did they get in ahead of the Badgers?
They beat them in WCHA Tourney.

Date: March 10, 2013 06:16PM

Link to the NC$$ article and the Bracket.

[www.ncaa.com]

#1 Minnesota v. #8 N.Dakota
#4 BC v. #5 Harvard

#2 Cornell v. #7 Mercyhurst
#3 BU v. #6 Clarkson

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2013 06:21PM

Edit: I'm too late.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2013 06:23PM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2013 06:25PM

How different is women's hockey from men's....75% of the teams are from the east.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2013 06:35PM

dag14
How different is women's hockey from men's....75% of the teams are from the east.
And the ECAC sends the most teams.

Date: March 10, 2013 06:36PM

dag14

Usually from the west, Minnesota-Duluth and Wisconsin are strong and in the tourney. I haven't followed the women's game this year (just what was posted on ELF), so it is surprising that those teams are "down" especially considering that it is not an Olympic year. Last year's championship games was a 4-2 Gopher win over Wisconsin.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2013 06:46PM

dag14
It aint that different. 100% of the 12 NCAA titles have been won by the West (5 Minnsota-Duluth, 4 Wisconsin, 3 Minnsota).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2013 06:46PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2013 07:58PM

Rita

[www.ncaa.com]

#4 BC v. #5 Harvard

#3 BU v. #6 Clarkson

The good news is that Cornell doesn't have to face Minnesota until the finals. The bad news, beyond the bad news of their 38-0 record and ridiculous GF and GA numbers, is that after being taken to OT on Feb. 16th after winning all their other games by 2 or more goals this season, Minnesota has not allowed a single goal - 6 straight shutouts - 377 straight minutes and counting. The silver lining, if there is one, is that Minnesota has not had to face any of the top seven teams in the Pairwise this season. So, there's hope.

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2013 10:13PM

Jim Hyla
Ben
Rita

They beat them in WCHA Tourney.

North Dakota has a much higher RPI than Wisconsin or Northeastern, and there's speculation that the committee may have discounted Wisconsin's and North Dakota's many losses to Minnesota when making comparisons with non-WCHA teams.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2013 10:54AM by Weder.

Posted by: Ken70 (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 09:04AM

Note paragraph 6 on the NCAA page:

"The semifinal games will be played at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. ET on Friday, March 22. The championship game will be played live at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 24"

And I'm not sure that's a mistake from the writer's (or editor's, if there is one) viewpoint.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 10:31AM

Tom Pasniewski 98
Rita

[www.ncaa.com]

#4 BC v. #5 Harvard

#3 BU v. #6 Clarkson

The good news is that Cornell doesn't have to face Minnesota until the finals. The bad news, beyond the bad news of their 38-0 record and ridiculous GF and GA numbers, is that after being taken to OT on Feb. 16th after winning all their other games by 2 or more goals this season, Minnesota has not allowed a single goal - 6 straight shutouts - 377 straight minutes and counting. The silver lining, if there is one, is that Minnesota has not had to face any of the top seven teams in the Pairwise this season. So, there's hope.
I am rooting for ND and if necessary, I would even root for Harvard (although I will shower afterwards).

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 10:58AM

Time for Saturday's game is set for 1 p.m.

EDIT: Oops, think the NCAA.com free stream is just for the Frozen Four. But I believe NCAA tournament games are supposed to be streamed free, so the Redcast feed should be open to all.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2013 11:34AM by Weder.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 12:29PM

Towerroad
Tom Pasniewski 98
Rita

[www.ncaa.com]

#4 BC v. #5 Harvard

#3 BU v. #6 Clarkson

I am rooting for ND and if necessary, I would even root for Harvard (although I will shower afterwards).
As much as we hear from the fans of schools in other conferences about how any given ECAC men's team with a strong record can't be any good because of playing a soft schedule, I would love love LOVE it if the Lady Gophers bowed out against a battle-tested Eastern team, even if it's Sucks or BC.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 01:04PM

Josh '99
Towerroad
Tom Pasniewski 98
Rita

[www.ncaa.com]

#4 BC v. #5 Harvard

#3 BU v. #6 Clarkson

As much as we hear from the fans of schools in other conferences about how any given ECAC men's team with a strong record can't be any good because of playing a soft schedule, I would love love LOVE it if the Lady Gophers bowed out against a battle-tested Eastern team, even if it's Sucks or BC.

While I won't complain if the Lady Gophers lose to UND, BC or Sucks, just as I am glad that Cornell will face Q this weekend in a two-out-of three in their own barn (cement monolith) rather than one game in AC or not have to get through Q at all, I want the Eastern team that takes down Minnesota to be Cornell in the national title game in their own arena. To be the best, you have to beat the best at the best.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 01:16PM

Tom Pasniewski 98
To be the best, you have to beat the best at the best.

Typically, no.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: March 12, 2013 03:20PM

Weder

EDIT: Oops, think the NCAA.com free stream is just for the Frozen Four. But I believe NCAA tournament games are supposed to be streamed free, so the Redcast feed should be open to all.

REDCAST has the Women v. Mercyhurst game on the schedule and it is listed as being FREE.

[www.cornellbigred.com]

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-215-27.myvzw.com)
Date: March 12, 2013 04:50PM

Rita
Weder

REDCAST has the Women v. Mercyhurst game on the schedule and it is listed as being FREE.

[www.cornellbigred.com]

It's not worth it.

Posted by: Weder (---.atlanta.hp.com)
Date: March 12, 2013 05:09PM

marty
Rita
Weder

[www.cornellbigred.com]

It's not worth it.

I've found the quality of the feed for women's games to be pretty good this season, but who knows what's going to happen when a lot more people are trying to access the feed this weekend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login