Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

If we can bring Coke to Pepsi Arena, can we bring Krispy Kremes to Providence?

Posted by jeh25 
If we can bring Coke to Pepsi Arena, can we bring Krispy Kremes to Providence?
Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: March 12, 2003 08:41AM

Discuss.

(John wanders off in search of more coffee.)

Re: If we can bring Coke to Pepsi Arena, can we bring Krispy Kremes to Providenc
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 12, 2003 09:53AM

Perhaps everyone should smuggle as much coke (er, Coke) as possible into The Arena Formerly Known as Knickerbocker to make a statement about the corporate motives that led to the end of the Lake Placid Experience.

Re: If we can bring Coke to Pepsi Arena, can we bring Krispy Kremes to Providenc
Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: March 12, 2003 10:23AM

Or maybe everyone in the NYC area should just go to the conference finals in Albany because it is so convenient. That would also be a statement. (Every time I try to get out of this argument, they pull me back in!)

Posted by: schoaff (---.biostat.ufl.edu)
Date: March 12, 2003 11:08AM

When do we get to smuggle in bricks from the Boston Garden? Or we could just cheer something to protest the Hockey East divorce. Maybe something like "Screw BU." rolleyes

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 12, 2003 03:58PM

Execept as we just learned from Phil B, the real reason for the switch was not convenience for the fans but sponsorship issues for the league.

Now go drink your Avaya. :-P

Posted by: Josh Herman '99 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2003 05:21PM

John T. Whelan '91 wrote:

Perhaps everyone should smuggle as much coke (er, Coke) as possible into The Arena Formerly Known as Knickerbocker to make a statement about the corporate motives that led to the end of the Lake Placid Experience.
I was just gonna smuggle in Coke because it tastes better.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 12, 2003 05:28PM

Josh Herman '99 wrote:

I was just gonna smuggle in Coke because it tastes better.
And it's iconically like Cornell rather than Penn.

Post Edited (03-12-03 17:28)

Posted by: pat (---.geo.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2003 05:32PM

But they'll be SERVING Coke. Me, I'm smuggling in Moxy. And no, I'm not that guy at the bottom of H and J.

Posted by: Josh Herman '99 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2003 05:35PM

OK, fine. But it'll be at inflated arena prices. :-P

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2003 05:50PM

Pat Carr '96 wrote:

But they'll be SERVING Coke. Me, I'm smuggling in Moxy. And no, I'm not that guy at the bottom of H and J.

Because if you were, you'd know that it's spelled "Moxie," you poser. :-}

Date: March 12, 2003 06:00PM

Pat Carr '96 wrote:

And no, I'm not that guy at the bottom of H and J.

Just how big is this guy that he is at the bottom of not one, but two sections? (And sections that don't even appear to be contiguous at that. Let me guess. There is no Section I.)

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2003 06:09PM

big red apple wrote:

Just how big is this guy that he is at the bottom of not one, but two sections? (And sections that don't even appear to be contiguous at that. Let me guess. There is no Section I.)

The Moxie guy sits at the bottom corner of H. During intermission, he usually stands up against the glass on the aisle, so when people see him, his section is ambiguous.

Correct. There is no Section I.

Date: March 12, 2003 06:21PM

You caught me. I'm really smuggling in Royal Crown Cola.

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: March 12, 2003 06:22PM

Just a bit of trivia - there was a section I through at least 'the '71-72 season. At that point there was no Section O. In '72-'73 or shortly thereafter, Section I was eliminated and the subsequent letters all moved around one section.

Date: March 12, 2003 06:25PM

Makes sense. After all, there's no "I" in "Lynah." demented

Post Edited (03-12-03 18:26)

Re: If we can bring Coke to Pepsi Arena, can we bring Krispy Kremes to Providence?
Posted by: jy3 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2003 07:01PM

what if we smuggle in some jolt ;-)

Post Edited (03-12-03 19:02)

Re: Jolt
Posted by: Tom Tseng '87 (---.stanford.edu)
Date: March 12, 2003 07:40PM

WE WILL ALL BE WIDE AWAKE AND TALKING A MILE A MINUTE!!!!!!!
Yeah, the first and last time I had a Jolt Cola was in my sophomore year when the drink came out. Wow, I was wide awake at 2:00 am, and could not figure out why my body did not want to fall asleep. Bad trip, man.... snore

Re: If we can bring Coke to Pepsi Arena, can we bring Krispy Kremes to Providence?
Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dial.spiritone.com)
Date: March 12, 2003 07:57PM

"Bawls" is the new, Cornell-related equivalent:

[www.bayarea.com]

(Founder is a Cornell alum. Saw him profiled on Lou Dobbs' Moneyline.)

Date: March 12, 2003 08:09PM

Tell me about it. When I was a junior I had a job at Collegetown Bagels working the last shift on Sunday nights. I would usually get out of work at ~3AM (an hour after last call + clean up). One Monday I had papers due in two classes. The first was due at noon, and the other at 7PM. The plan was to write the first paper, turn it in, get some sleep and then write the second paper. (Note to the kids: this is NOT recommended behavior)

I grabbed a sixpack of Jolt from the CTB cooler, walked across the street to my Sheldon Court dorm and mainlined 4 cans so that I could write the first paper. Needless to say, I wrote it much faster than I anticipated that I would. (When you are writing crap, it writes itself quickly.) At 6:30AM I was done, but it was too early to turn the paper in. My prof's secretary was obviously not at work, and we needed to sign in when we delivered our papers. So I tried to go to sleep. I felt like every after-school special "cautionary example". I was both freezing and burning up, and I couldn't stop shaking. After shivering and shaking for a while, I decided to just get up and walk it off. So I walked up to campus to get breakfast at Trillium. It was even too early to go get breakfast, and I had to sit on the steps and wait for the doors to be unlocked. I think I was still shivering. The buzz didn't wear off for a long time. The evening paper was of dubious quality as well.

I blame Jolt for everything. Because it wasn't my fault.

Moxie - ugh!
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2003 01:28AM

Has anyone reading this actually tried Moxie? It is a bizarre taste likely in the style of many elixirs from the past. I wouldn't know as I have never tried any other similarly medicinal soft drink.smashfreak

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---.biotech.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2003 09:37AM

big red apple wrote:

The buzz didn't wear off for a long time.
Hmm. Caffeine doesn't appear to work as advertised on me. Chugged a 6-pack of Jolt at about 8pm before attempting to study for an Orgo test and fell asleep within 20 minutes.
coffee

Post Edited (03-13-03 09:38)

Posted by: Beeeej (---.ia2.marketscore.com)
Date: March 13, 2003 01:22PM

First, caffeine doesn't always work instantly (unless you crush some No-Doz and snort it - it depends on how it's ingested). Second, although it can be a strong stimulant, if you're already exhausted, it's not necessarily going to keep you from falling asleep.

Third, I don't understand why anybody would drink six Jolts when they could just have a 2-liter of Mountain Dew. At least it tastes good!

Beeeej

Posted by: Lowell Frank '99, '03 (---.med.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2003 01:44PM

[Q] they could just have a 2-liter of Mountain Dew. At least it tastes good![/Q]

Ew. I'll have the crab juice.

Date: March 13, 2003 02:32PM

Jolt does taste gross, but by what definition of "good" does Mountain Dew taste "good"? I'd rather have crab juice.

Edit: Should have read Lowell before responding to Beeeej.

Post Edited (03-13-03 14:50)

Posted by: Tom Tseng '87 (---.stanford.edu)
Date: March 13, 2003 05:35PM

Maybe I could bring some to the Freshmen Sendoff this summer, and introduce this drink to the newbies :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login