Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell at Yale 2013

Posted by TimV 
Cornell at Yale 2013
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2013 11:21AM

Clicking the icon on CUAthletics website takes you to Youtube Yale All Access. Is that free video?dribble

Re: Cornell at Yale 2013
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 02, 2013 11:41AM

TimV
Clicking the icon on CUAthletics website takes you to Youtube Yale All Access. Is that free video?dribble

Yes, I think so. And great as well. See what money can do.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2013 02:25PM

Jim Hyla
TimV

Hopefully this is what we need for tonight's video.

Link

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2013 03:07PM

marty
Jim Hyla
TimV

Hopefully this is what we need for tonight's video.

Link

It's great in full screen. LGR

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 02, 2013 07:13PM

Yale's video is beautiful: HD, smooth, professional graphics, cameraman is paying attention, it plays from within XBMC so I can watch full-screen in my living room, etc.

RedCast would be ridiculously embarrassing, if anyone at athletics had any shame.

Posted by: BearLover (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2013 07:14PM

I haven't seen Cornell so dominated in the first seven minutes since they played Yale 2 years ago...

Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 07:17PM

Yeah, they're owning us but nice goal there. Loving the replay.

Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 07:51PM

Not to play to stereotypes, but J.Crew should sponsor the Yale broacast crew:

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 08:22PM

BMac

Or "beautiful hair Breck."woot

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-215-68.myvzw.com)
Date: March 02, 2013 08:26PM

Al DeFlorio
BMac

Looks like J. Peterman.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 09:20PM

marty
Al DeFlorio
BMac

Looks like J. Peterman.

Yes, and the female anchor sounded like Jessica Simpleton.
Tough loss. They had a number of great chances, including two dingers.
The penalty monkey bites again.
#2 in the nation? That's gotta be worth sumpthin', huh??

doh

Posted by: Ben (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2013 09:27PM

I believe I just heard Topher Scott call the team "a national title contender" on WHCU. What title does he expect them to contend for? Most Spectacular Underachievement?

Posted by: BearLover (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2013 09:44PM

Ben
I believe I just heard Topher Scott call the team "a national title contender" on WHCU. What title does he expect them to contend for? Most Spectacular Underachievement?
Should be a great rematch between Cornell and Michigan in the finals.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 09:48PM

So are the standings accurate on uscho.com? Do we go to Brown next weekend or are there tiebreakers they're not taking into account?

Posted by: kingpin248 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 09:51PM

Greenberg '97
So are the standings accurate on uscho.com? Do we go to Brown next weekend or are there tiebreakers they're not taking into account?

CHN has it listed correctly; Cornell plays at Princeton next weekend.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 09:53PM

kingpin248
Greenberg '97

Right, right. CHN. Rookie mistake. demented

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 10:03PM

Kyle Rose
Yale's video is beautiful: HD, smooth, professional graphics, cameraman is paying attention, it plays from within XBMC so I can watch full-screen in my living room, etc.

RedCast would be ridiculously embarrassing, if anyone at athletics had any shame.

This.

Date: March 02, 2013 10:04PM

So it looks like if all the upper seeds except Princeton win, we would go to Q for the next round. Most realistic upset winner otherwise looks like Clarkson over Brown, which would then send us to RPI. I'd love that.

Gate might work if SLU's guy hasn't recovered from his appendectomy yet.

Naaahhh...

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 10:18PM

Al DeFlorio
BMac

Interesting. Adlon Adams (the female announcer) played hockey for Breck HS in Minnesota. (No, I didn't just look this up. She was the main topic of conversion on the score thread when RPI played in New Haven earlier this year.)

Edit: Never mind. It was Blake HS. doh
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2013 10:20PM by ursusminor.

Posted by: toddlose (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 10:34PM

kingpin248
Greenberg '97

Excuse my language here, but Princeton has to be sh**ting their pants with this match up. We have to be the last lower seeded team they want to see coming in for a 3 game set.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2013 03:12AM

toddlose
kingpin248
Greenberg '97

Excuse my language here, but Princeton has to be sh**ting their pants with this match up. We have to be the last lower seeded team they want to see coming in for a 3 game set.

I guess I'll excuse the fact that your "i" and "t" keys somehow magically turned themselves into asterisks for a brief moment. You say you're going to swear, and then still self-censor. smashfreak

I'm reminded of the 2002 season. IIRC, after a dreadful start, Yale got on a bit of a hot streak near the end of the season. Tim Taylor called his squad "the best 10th place team ever." They had to win 4-straight at the end of the season to make the playoffs that year (remember that phrase?). It gave some pause to CU's matchup with them in the QF series, which was a very tight weekend.

Honestly, I'm not scared of facing any of the other 5-12 teams...I would bet Cornell would win a series against any of them the way CU is playing now. 1-4 is a different story, and Yale is the team, not Quinnipiac (by a small margin, mind you), that I would not want to see. Yale just has the right game-plan against us. On the flip-side, I would have most liked to have seen Brown, but Princeton is #2, even though they're both ahead of us in the standings.

Date: March 03, 2013 09:20AM

RichH
Yale is the team, not Quinnipiac (by a small margin, mind you), that I would not want to see. Yale just has the right game-plan against us

The first period last night was like a horrible replay of the two Atlantic City routs. The Lynah game, and periods 2 and 3 last night, were far more even.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2013 09:44AM

We actually outplayed Yale for much of the last two periods. It was much like the Harvard game a few weeks ago, where we did everything but put the puck in the net. We had two shots hit the post about a minute apart in the third period with 5/6 minutes left. Yale had to feel lucky to escape with 2 points. Amazingly, we didn't have a single power play and only had one Friday night against Brown.

Date: March 03, 2013 10:57AM

Jeez.

THE GAME IS ABOUT PUTTING THE PUCK IN THE FREAKING NET!!!!!!twak

We haven't been able to do that for YEARS. When we won, we won by defensively holding a (usually) slim lead.

Date: March 03, 2013 11:54AM

Yale is interesting to watch. As Alain said in the pregame, the philosophy he instills in his players is that it is everyone's job to create offense. "Whenever you touch the puck, think about scoring." They are our anti-matter.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2013 11:55AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Ben (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 03, 2013 12:14PM

dbilmes
Amazingly, we didn't have a single power play and only had one Friday night against Brown.
You're implying that this could have made a difference. Our PP is 44th at 14.41%.

Date: March 03, 2013 03:50PM

toddlose

RPI (The Institoot) isn't eager to see us either.upto

Posted by: jek86 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: March 03, 2013 06:22PM

anybody know why Mowrey didn't play last night? I thought he was a significant absence as one of the faster guys on the team. Without him and Bardreau in the line-up I was not surprised we couldn't keep up with Yale in the first period. Also I haven't seen Gotovets play in weeks...any word?

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 03, 2013 07:41PM

Ben
dbilmes
Amazingly, we didn't have a single power play and only had one Friday night against Brown.
You're implying that this could have made a difference. Our PP is 44th at 14.41%.

And, their PP is +79%.

bang

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2013 07:50PM

TimV
toddlose

RPI (The Institoot) isn't eager to see us either.upto

An RPI thread on USCHO talking about Cornell? Without reading first, let me guess: something about Schafer being fat and how we always goon it up but the refs love us otherwise RPI would be undefeated?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: underskill (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 03, 2013 07:50PM

jek86
anybody know why Mowrey didn't play last night? I thought he was a significant absence as one of the faster guys on the team. Without him and Bardreau in the line-up I was not surprised we couldn't keep up with Yale in the first period. Also I haven't seen Gotovets play in weeks...any word?

definitely looked like the Ferlin/Lowry/Miller line was the only one capable of generating any offense.

Date: March 03, 2013 08:10PM

Very accurate guess based on historic behavior, but no. They don't want to see us. Similar sentiments on the Brown thread.

Posted by: slh10 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 03, 2013 08:49PM

I have wondering the same about Gotovets. Didn't see him last week with the other non dressing players and don't recall hearing any mention of him being injured.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2013 10:55PM

slh10
I have wondering the same about Gotovets. Didn't see him last week with the other non dressing players and don't recall hearing any mention of him being injured.
Last tweet from him was Feb 24. A retweet Feb 28.

Posted by: MattS (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2013 10:17AM

slh10

I have been wondering about him also. From what I have gathered he hasn't even traveled with the team since before the Dartmouth/Harvard weekend. Makes me think since there has been no rumors of injury that it is something else (grades/discipline).

Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 07, 2013 10:42AM

MattS
slh10

I have been wondering about him also. From what I have gathered he hasn't even traveled with the team since before the Dartmouth/Harvard weekend. Makes me think since there has been no rumors of injury that it is something else (grades/discipline).

“In that game, we had an awful lot of chances,” said Schafer, who said Cornell will welcome back previously injured defenseman Kirill Gotovets for this weekend’s games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login