Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

RIP @ Cornell

Posted by flyersgolf 
RIP @ Cornell
Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2013 01:53PM

RPI has won 6 in a row, 2nd in ECAC. Their student produced online video of RPI hockey games is impressive and free.

I hope our gritty big boys can contain themselves until the game is in hand, before they discuss with Greg Burgdoerfer the hit he put on Cole Bardreau.

Re: RIP @ Cornell
Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 22, 2013 01:58PM

flyersgolf
I hope our gritty big boys can contain themselves until the game is in hand, before they discuss with Greg Burgdoerfer the hit he put on Cole Bardreau.

Don't even suggest it, we still need everybody for the next game.

Granting that somebody should lay a hit on that guy that's so hard his goonier brother feels it, I hope it's not us. This is when Bob Gaudet would be useful.

Posted by: css228 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: February 22, 2013 02:11PM

Trotsky
flyersgolf

Granting that somebody should lay a hit on that guy that's so hard his goonier brother feels it, I hope it's not us. This is when Bob Gaudet would be useful.
Don't worry, McCarron will probably get it out of the way in the first shift he's on the ice with Burgdoerfer...

Posted by: BMac (---.smartleaf.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 02:18PM

I know the players aren't supposed to read this board, but perhaps some of the videos on this list may give them ideas...

Posted by: Ben (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 02:31PM

Trotsky
flyersgolf

jtn27 and I are pretty sure that McCarron will drop the gloves on the opening face-off. Hopefully Schafer doesn't start him.

Posted by: ScrewBU (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2013 03:12PM

Ben
Trotsky
flyersgolf

jtn27 and I are pretty sure that McCarron will drop the gloves on the opening face-off. Hopefully Schafer doesn't start him.

Definitely think there's going to be a 5 minute major tonight. We've had a drought, it's been what, 4 games? Probably in the first period too.

Posted by: marty (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 04:39PM

RIP'S string is eight in league play. They lost a non-league game to Onion after beating us on Troy.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 05:28PM

Ben
Trotsky
flyersgolf

If only, if youre gonna get a game misconduct at least drop the gloves.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2013 05:33PM

css228
Ben
Trotsky
flyersgolf

If you drop the gloves, you'll get a Game DQ, and if it's McCarron, it would be his second, so he'd miss the next 2 games.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-215-0.myvzw.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 05:50PM

If the team could excuse the elder Burghdorfer for the shit he pulled they should be able to stay focused here. Their revenge was on the scoreboard.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2013 06:08PM

marty
If the team could excuse the elder Burghdorfer for the shit he pulled they should be able to stay focused here. Their revenge was on the scoreboard.
Just curious, which one is the elder Burgdoerfer? I have never seen any mention as to which twin was born first. Or are you referring to their father, the wrestler?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 07:34PM

css228
What kind of retard drops the gloves when everyone on the ice is wearing a cage? Any player that does this should get a game misconduct simply for displaying excessive stupidity.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2013 07:46PM

You forget...

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 08:04PM

Trotsky
You forget...

Ah, the infamous Dim Mak. Unfortunately, the actual Touch of Death that finally got David Carradine requires a lot less clothing and a lot more belts than the typical hockey player wears.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-215-5.myvzw.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 09:45PM

Cornell really put it to RIP in the first. We were in section N next to their bench. Bailen looked like he was playing his heart out to no avail. When the Red stepped up play in the last few minutes of the third I took another look at him and his face was so contorted that I didn't recognize him at first.

On a happier note Fulton had quite the smile on his face after the only RIP goal.

What really impressed me was how Cornell dominated such a hot team. They haven't been letting their opposition near their goalie on this run.

Don't be surprised if Toothpaste gets by them tomorrow. They look tired. :-)

Posted by: Thomas Larson (---.sub-75-250-191.myvzw.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 10:18PM

Love the win. Great game. But am I the only one who thinks "RIP" is insufferably lame?

Date: February 22, 2013 10:29PM

Weirdly, this Cornell squad is the first since 2009-10 to have three 10+ goal scorers.

Date: February 22, 2013 11:01PM

Thomas Larson
Love the win. Great game. But am I the only one who thinks "RIP" is insufferably lame?

Lame, yes, but have you been to "The Morgue"? Please suggest an equally disparaging name.

Posted by: ScrewBU (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 11:11PM

marty
Thomas Larson

Lame, yes, but have you been to "The Morgue"? Please suggest an equally disparaging name.

I thought we were onto something when we used to chant "trade school" instead of "safety school" but it never got distilled into a nice sound bite.

Date: February 22, 2013 11:16PM

ScrewBU
marty
Thomas Larson

I thought we were onto something when we used to chant "trade school" instead of "safety school" but it never got distilled into a nice sound bite.

University, Institute.

Doesn't work really well as the average Engineer is proud to be institutionalized.

An old motto of theirs:

"Tute, love it or leave it."

Date: February 22, 2013 11:16PM

ScrewBU
marty
Thomas Larson

"In-sti-tute" has the same meter.

Posted by: MattS (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 11:22PM

Overall am excellent game. I thought it was the best games I have seen the boys play all year. There was ample opportunity for them to implode when the refs decided that Ferlin need to take up residence in the box. However, the didn't and were very solid on the PK.

The goal that Andy did let in was a bit weak but he played well otherwise. The D made some nice plays also and in both zones. Millers SHG was a thing of beauty.

My only complaint was how uninspired the students were. The boys played well and with Burgdoefer being an easy target I would have thought they could have been a bit more original. But unfortunately they stuck with the same tired routine except a few times booing Burgie when he had the puck.

Posted by: Thomas Larson (---.sub-75-213-242.myvzw.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 11:30PM

Do we need any disparaging names for the teams? I think they're all silly, from "Aints" to "Onion" to -- gasp -- "Sucks." I know, I know. Blasphemy.

Date: February 23, 2013 12:19AM

Thomas Larson
Do we need any disparaging names for the teams? I think they're all silly, from "Aints" to "Onion" to -- gasp -- "Sucks." I know, I know. Blasphemy.
Not my thing, but others' mileage varies. Cheer purging rarely ends well. I'd advise if you don't like it don't do it. An it harm none do what ye will.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2013 12:20AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Ben (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2013 12:39AM

MattS
My only complaint was how uninspired the students were. The boys played well and with Burgdoefer being an easy target I would have thought they could have been a bit more original. But unfortunately they stuck with the same tired routine except a few times booing Burgie when he had the puck.
The last win we saw was December 1st. The people who are always there on time (me, jtn27, css228, etc.) and make noise were there on time and made noise. The people who are always late were late and didn't make noise.

I thought tonight was a win, and a good one, but without dominance. We took our chances, but didn't create a lot of them.

Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2013 08:51AM

According the box score, Iles was given an assist on Miller's shortie. I seem to remember Miller simply breaking up an RPI pass and skating in unassisted...does anyone recall otherwise?

[collegehockeystats.net]

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2013 10:00AM

sah67
According the box score, Iles was given an assist on Miller's shortie. I seem to remember Miller simply breaking up an RPI pass and skating in unassisted...does anyone recall otherwise?

[collegehockeystats.net]

Iles saved, with the rebound going out, untouched, to near the blue line. Basically the RPI defender fell and Miller picked it up, skating in SH. It was an assist.

My question is when is Ferlin ever going to learn to control himself? The penalty which lead to that SH was simply awful, especially since it was his third. He skated behind the RPI net, and in full view of the official in the corner, threw his body into a RPI player. The player was facing the boards and had nothing to do with the play, which was up ice by then. It was a penalty that would have gone unnoticed with only one official, but come on you just can't do that. He doesn't seem to be able to control himself. At least it makes him less likely to get picked up by a pro team, as if that was ever a real prospect next year. They would not be able to tolerate it.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2013 10:40AM

Thomas Larson
You cold blame it on auto-correct.

Date: February 23, 2013 03:17PM

Jim Hyla
sah67

[collegehockeystats.net]

Iles saved, with the rebound going out, untouched, to near the blue line. Basically the RPI defender fell and Miller picked it up, skating in SH. It was an assist.

My question is when is Ferlin ever going to learn to control himself? The penalty which lead to that SH was simply awful, especially since it was his third. He skated behind the RPI net, and in full view of the official in the corner, threw his body into a RPI player. The player was facing the boards and had nothing to do with the play, which was up ice by then. It was a penalty that would have gone unnoticed with only one official, but come on you just can't do that. He doesn't seem to be able to control himself. At least it makes him less likely to get picked up by a pro team, as if that was ever a real prospect next year. They would not be able to tolerate it.

"Scouts?"
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2013 03:18PM by Trotsky.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login