Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Q @ CU

Posted by flyersgolf 
Q @ CU
Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 08, 2013 01:43PM

So far a fantastic season for Quinnnipiac. They have not lost since Nov. 6th. They get scoring from everywhere on their roster. Great night to get things turned around. Optimistic? Certainly. Will need a complete team effort.

Re: Q @ CU
Posted by: css228 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: February 08, 2013 01:46PM

flyersgolf
So far a fantastic season for Quinnnipiac. They have not lost since Nov. 6th. They get scoring from everywhere on their roster. Great night to get things turned around. Optimistic? Certainly. Will need a complete team effort.
I believe your optimism is misplaced, like mine is every time the Flyers enter a shootout.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: February 08, 2013 01:55PM

flyersgolf

How cold is it in Philly? Seems like your brain cells might be freezing up. ;-)

Sincerely,
The Pessimist in South Florida

Posted by: redice (---.sub-75-194-127.myvzw.com)
Date: February 08, 2013 02:06PM

Q is due to lose.... Lynah is the place!!

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: BearLover (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2013 03:51PM

Predicting 6-2 Quinnipiac victory

Posted by: profudge (---.hmpt.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 08, 2013 03:58PM

Snowing since about 3 PM still relatively light snow - almost 1/2 inch down now - air temp 31 degrees curently I am 20 miles south of Cornell. I plan on making the game tonight will give myself an extra 15-20 mins of commute time.

Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2013 05:03PM

Being stuck in Boston with no way to do anything on a Friday night (public transportation down, roads closed, bars closed, friends too far to be walkable),

I am VERY GLAD THERE'S SOMETHING TO WATCH TONIGHT.

And go red.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2013 05:36PM

BearLover
Predicting 6-2 Quinnipiac victory

That's generous. I was thinking 6-1, or maybe even 6-0. I've already decided the game should be called The (slightly before) St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2013 06:56PM

Don't tell Andy Noel but the game is streaming free once again tonight here:
WHCU Stream

On your phones you can listen via the WunderRadio or TuneIn apps. The basic version of TuneIn is free.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 08, 2013 07:08PM

Good start: 1-0 QU only about a minute and a half in.

Wake me next season. Zzzzzzz....

Date: February 08, 2013 07:40PM

Soft goal, but overall carried play. Ryan and Dag pushed the play into the offensive zone.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2013 09:57PM

Gently rocking...

Date: February 08, 2013 10:12PM

Who is CU's Roy Hobbs?

Date: February 08, 2013 10:36PM

I tuned in with 5 minutes left, saw the goal, saw them pull the goalie, then Dags turns it over for an ENG.

Even with the goal, the whole time they looked beaten.

Can we please just see them go out there and kill a man? I don't care if they lose. Just get pissed and finish every check, hit some guys, and feel better? None of the remaining games matter. None of them. They either start winning in the tourney or they don't. So might as well loosen up.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 08, 2013 10:44PM

I don't know. They played reasonably well, from what I saw. It was, after all, an incredibly fluky first goal, and that changes the tenor of the game.

So, they didn't beat the #1 team in the nation. So what? To do so would really be asking too much at this point. Get them in the tournament, perhaps. I'm more concerned about the Browns, Clarksons, and Harvards.

Posted by: carpy85 (66.152.117.---)
Date: February 08, 2013 11:00PM

Scersk '97
I don't know. They played reasonably well, from what I saw. It was, after all, an incredibly fluky first goal, and that changes the tenor of the game.

So, they didn't beat the #1 team in the nation. So what? To do so would really be asking too much at this point. Get them in the tournament, perhaps. I'm more concerned about the Browns, Clarksons, and Harvards.

I agree. I thought tonight Cornell had done well against Q compaired to what people were predicting. The team didnt go in the penalty box as much as they have in the past and I thought that the game was faster than what it has been played earlier this season. I think that the team is improving, but had the misfortune of playing a team ranked #2 in the nation right now. I think that tomorrow nights game will tell if we can get of of this slump or not.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2013 11:01PM

Scersk '97
I'm more concerned about the Browns, Clarksons, and Harvards.

They're 1-3 against those teams with an aggregate score of 7-14. Why be concerned?

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 08, 2013 11:22PM

Well, right. That's why I'm concerned. This team generally plays up to its competition but has not been taking care of business versus less talented teams like...

Basically, I see Princeton, Harvard, and Brown as must wins, RPI and Union as might wins, and Yale and Dartmouth as hope to wins. Win out (somehow) and, well, I think that we'll still back into a bye, considering the bunching in the league; win the must wins and split the might wins, and its home ice in the first round (whee!); go sub .500 in the next seven... Ugh.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2013 11:58PM

Odd game. We played very well in some stretches, yet QU probably should have had at least 2 and maybe several more goals just on blind chance. They had great disipline and opened up chsnces from all over. Very solid team.

Connor Jones is my midseason selection for league MVP -- he was all over the place and IMHO far more of an impact than Langlois.

First job is to climb outta 11th. I think this team can start down that path tomorrow night, and maybe earn tney way back up a few slots by the playoffs.

Right now my goal is: 8th.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 09, 2013 08:03AM

thud
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2013 08:15AM by Johnny 5.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 09, 2013 11:35AM

Trotsky
Odd game. We played very well in some stretches, yet QU probably should have had at least 2 and maybe several more goals just on blind chance. They had great disipline and opened up chsnces from all over. Very solid team.

Connor Jones is my midseason selection for league MVP -- he was all over the place and IMHO far more of an impact than Langlois.

First job is to climb outta 11th. I think this team can start down that path tomorrow night, and maybe earn tney way back up a few slots by the playoffs.

Right now my goal is: 8th.
Eh at this point, I think I'd rather have the refund for unused home playoff tickets than a first round playoff loss at home.

Date: February 09, 2013 11:42AM

Can't really fault them for losing to the #1 overall team in the country.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 09, 2013 12:21PM

Trotsky

No, but you can fault them for losing to Brown, Harvard, and Maine, and not putting more of a fight against the #1 overall team in the country.

Date: February 09, 2013 12:24PM

jtn27
Trotsky

No, but you can fault them for losing to Brown, Harvard, and Maine, and not putting more of a fight against the #1 overall team in the country.

Certainly (although I thought they put up a good fight against Q).

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 09, 2013 01:40PM

It would appear people are moving further along in the Five Stages of Grief. Some have already reached Acceptance.

Posted by: carpy85 (66.152.117.---)
Date: February 09, 2013 01:54PM

nyc94
It would appear people are moving further along in the Five Stages of Grief. Some have already reached Acceptance.

Accepting that this year is over sounds the most logic at this point. I dont doubt anyone who accepts that this is a terrible season. Personally I think that the team is just starting to accept that their heart and soul was taken from them when Cole Bardreau got the season ending injury. One person doesnt make a team, but this season could definitely show different.

Date: February 09, 2013 02:10PM

carpy85
nyc94

Accepting that this year is over sounds the most logic at this point. I dont doubt anyone who accepts that this is a terrible season. Personally I think that the team is just starting to accept that their heart and soul was taken from them when Cole Bardreau got the season ending injury. One person doesnt make a team, but this season could definitely show different.
At this point Schafer is pretty much just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2013 02:12PM by css228.

Posted by: Ben (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 09, 2013 02:12PM

carpy85
nyc94

Or it means that the team is mentally weak. If a season crashes because a team loses one top-six forward, that team is fragile and pathetic. Bardreau was good, but not the only incisive attacking player in the fall. We have three senior captains, who should be wearing Cs because of their leadership ability. It's time for them to lead.

Posted by: redice (---.sub-75-194-152.myvzw.com)
Date: February 09, 2013 02:42PM

Ben
We have three senior captains, who should be wearing Cs because of their leadership ability. It's time for them to lead.

We watched one of those captains cough up the puck in front of his empty net Friday evening. Unthinkable!!!

-Ned Harkness

Date: February 09, 2013 02:45PM

redice
Ben
We have three senior captains, who should be wearing Cs because of their leadership ability. It's time for them to lead.

We watched one of those captains cough up the puck in front of his empty net Friday evening. Unthinkable!!!
D'Agostino had a bad turnover?!?!?!?! No way...

Date: February 09, 2013 02:57PM

css228
redice
Ben

D'Agostino had a bad turnover?!?!?!?! No way...
We definitely haven't seen that before. Penguins quality.

Date: February 09, 2013 03:03PM

The season is far from over. Let's see what happens tonight.

BTW, if anybody would like to introduce themselves, my wife and I will be in C-11-5/6 tonight. C was empty last night due to the large number of diaspora who were cock blocked by the storm, so come for the eLynah comraderie, stay for the good seats.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2013 03:06PM by Trotsky.

Date: February 09, 2013 03:12PM

Trotsky

BTW, if anybody would like to introduce themselves, my wife and I will be in C-11-5/6 tonight. C was empty last night due to the large number of diaspora who were cock blocked by the storm, so come for the eLynah comraderie, stay for the good seats.
BOOOO, euthanizing this season is the only merciful way to go.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 09, 2013 03:55PM

Trotsky

Try and mug the camera and say "hi" to those of us chatting and whining on Redcast :-P. Given how the team is playing, that might be the redcast highlight.

Posted by: Ken711 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 09, 2013 05:04PM

Bring on the lacrosse season.....

Posted by: Thomas Larson (---.sub-75-206-186.myvzw.com)
Date: February 09, 2013 05:16PM

Is it just me, or is Cornell playing the best hockey of any team in the league right now?

Date: February 09, 2013 05:38PM

Thomas Larson
Is it just me, or is Cornell playing the best hockey of any team in the league right now?
I'm pretty sure it's neither, it's whatever hallucinogens you've been taking. Unless you mean right at this very moment in history, in which case we may be the only team on ice, so you could be correct. But I doubt that.

Date: February 09, 2013 06:48PM

Let your fat lady graphic become a beloved and hated tradition. May it come rarely, but if our season is truly over, I can't think of a better way to signal it.

Beautiful graphic. Just beautiful.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 10, 2013 12:00PM

Thank you. I don't think it's over till it's over, but never hurts to have her warmed up and waiting onstage.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 12, 2013 06:27AM

BMac
Let your fat lady graphic become a beloved and hated tradition. May it come rarely, but if our season is truly over, I can't think of a better way to signal it.

Beautiful graphic. Just beautiful.

We live to serve.

But, harken to that famous quotation from the late Ayatollah Khomeini,

"He would Sunni create one great Shiite that many small Kurds"!

Perhaps, ours is yet to be??

rock
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2013 06:33AM by Johnny 5.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login