Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

To The Band

Posted by WillCMJr 
To The Band
Posted by: WillCMJr (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2012 10:13AM

Could you please go back to doing Pinball Wizard? It used to be a second intermission staple and I always thought was the most impressive song you played. Sweet child of mine and freebird kinda fall flat. Please go back to your money song, I miss it!

Thanks,

A lifelong Big Red pep band fan.

Re: To The Band
Posted by: jtn27 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 22, 2012 11:17AM

While we're making requests, I would like to suggest that the band play "Candy Man" from Willy Wonka when the scorer throws candy in the crowd before the 3rd period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2012 11:17AM by jtn27.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 22, 2012 03:31PM

jtn27
While we're making requests, I would like to suggest that the band play "Candy Man"

"It was always you, Helen."

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2012 08:33PM

And it goes without saying that we want to hear the Notre Dame and MSU fight songs on Saturday.

Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 23, 2012 01:20AM

Wow. While we're making requests.....

MY OLD CORNELL!!!!

Alumni LOVE IT. WE NEED IT. IT'S IMPORTANT TO US.

Pleeeeeeeease. Pretty please!

Posted by: BearLover (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 23, 2012 01:59AM

Play Dr. Worm more!

Posted by: gonyr (---.buffalo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2012 08:52AM

BMac
Wow. While we're making requests.....

MY OLD CORNELL!!!!

Alumni LOVE IT. WE NEED IT. IT'S IMPORTANT TO US.

Pleeeeeeeease. Pretty please!

This.
It should be a staple, played at every single game.

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: November 23, 2012 09:39AM

marty
And it goes without saying that we want to hear the Notre Dame and MSU fight songs on Saturday.
The Michigan State fight song had great effect last time, but I think Ohio State's fight song would have more impact if the pep band were to add another, especially, if Ohio State beats Michigan in football earlier Saturday.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.lightspeed.snantx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 23, 2012 10:13AM

As long as we're making requests, I request the peanut gallery stop telling the band what to play.

Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 23, 2012 12:37PM

Yes, they're not there for OUR enjoyment, dammit!

And they HATE request. Hate them.

Date: November 23, 2012 02:53PM

Jordan 04
As long as we're making requests, I request the peanut gallery stop telling the band what to play.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.sub-70-192-66.myvzw.com)
Date: November 24, 2012 09:44PM

To anyone who's not here or able to find a way to watch, they're playing Pinball Wizard now. Or just finished by the time I typed this. Here's to a strong third. Let's go red!

Posted by: HeafDog (---.c3-0.80w-ubr2.nyr-80w.ny.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 25, 2012 02:01AM

Sorry, Jordan, but here goes:

"Talking in Your Sleep" by the Romantics. It would make a GREAT pep band song.

And definitely more of "Hold On, I'm Comin'". Totally heart that one.

Posted by: BMac (---.smartleaf.com)
Date: November 26, 2012 11:34AM

Band: Awesome job on Saturday.

My Old Cornell at the very beginning, the new fight song at a time out, pinball wizard, Espana, the alma mater, and plenty, plenty of Davy. The team's performance helped with that last one.

Thanks guys.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 26, 2012 11:41AM

What he said. A great performance that brought so much more atmosphere to the game. My non-Cornell guests who are from the DC area and see a lot of Caps games commented about how much more they enjoyed the college game.rock

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 26, 2012 11:51AM

To the band,

Thanks for being at the game on Saturday. Too bad Michigan's band couldn't manage the same, since it would've been nice to hear the contrast between your broad repertoire and their one song played over and over and over.

Posted by: KGR11 (---.stantec.com)
Date: November 26, 2012 01:20PM

I assume that the reason the Pep Band has not played Pinball Wizard and Dr. Worm as much recently is because they are also marching band concert songs. Conductors in the fall usually try to play as many "Pep Band Only" songs as possible since the marching band usually exhausts most of their repertoire on football game days.

The conductors try not to repeat songs that the marching band plays for two reasons: First, it's considered a bad idea to repeat concert songs in the same weekend because band members may get bored of the song. A bored band does not sound good. Second, fall conductors tend to practice "Pep Band Only" songs in rehearsal more because they know that the marching band is rehearsing the shared songs.

The spring will probably see a greater rate of Pinball Wizard performances.

Also, in the case that you have future requests or comments for the pep band, I suggest that you check out the pep band website pasted below, which has the essential contact information. Pep band leadership does not necessarily check e-Lynah, so this is the easiest way to make your requests/comments known.
[pepband.bigredbands.org]

Posted by: Hizobueno (---.dsl.irvnca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 26, 2012 03:09PM

Play Funky Town!!! banana

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: November 26, 2012 06:32PM

OK, so everyone enjoyed the Pep Band. Why not do a modest contribution to their cause. I mean MONEY. If many of us gave a little, it would help their travel expenses. As an official CU function, they can't go by car and buses cost. So throw a few bucks their way. You can assign some of your vast contribution to the Cornell Fund. Thanks in advance.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 27, 2012 07:12PM

Based on this thread, maybe the band should hold a fund raising auction. Take bids for playing (or not playing) certain songs.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 27, 2012 08:21PM

KeithK
Based on this thread, maybe the band should hold a fund raising auction. Take bids for playing (or not playing) certain songs.

Tradition!

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 28, 2012 09:33AM

Trotsky
KeithK

Tradition!

The Cornell band plays songs from Fiddler on the Roof? looking

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: November 28, 2012 12:54PM

Date: December 22, 2012 05:48AM

Jim Hyla
OK, so everyone enjoyed the Pep Band. Why not do a modest contribution to their cause. I mean MONEY. If many of us gave a little, it would help their travel expenses. As an official CU function, they can't go by car and buses cost. So throw a few bucks their way. You can assign some of your vast contribution to the Cornell Fund. Thanks in advance.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Because of Jim's post I checked out the Pep Band web page and since it had no donation link I sent a message via that page. Here is the response. In the seasonal giving spirit, I second Jim's idea of supporting the band. If you do it in the manner noted here there is another seasonal benefit that begins on January 1 and runs through April 15. i.e. the donation is deductible.

And while on the topic don't forget to send Mike some money for the team - I think it is often used for recruiting trips - and Age can be reached via the PayPal button to the right of the message board page assuming you are not reading this on your phone or tablet.

Neil and Nick - Pep Ban managers

Hi Marty,

You may make a donation to the Pep Band at [www.giving.cornell.edu]

In the First Designation Box, select "Athletics and Physical Education"
In the second, select "Other"
In the "other designation..." space, type "Big Red Pep Band."

We do not have the specific Cornell Fund number, but our representative in the Gifts Office will make sure the funds get to our account if you follow the process above.

Thank you for your support. We will also get a link on the new web page.

-Neil (outgoing 2012 manager) & Nick (incoming 2013 manager)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login