Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

General Women's Thread

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Page:  1 23Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
General Women's Thread
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: November 19, 2012 01:23PM

Seven Women's Hockey Players Make Team Canada Meco Cup Roster.

Re: General Women's Thread
Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2012 09:40PM

It took OT but the women beat Dartmouth 2-1. Woods and Saulnier had the goals. I had the game up on my computer but couldn't really concentrate due to a family dinner so have no comments about the game or quality of play.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 12:36AM by dag14.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2012 08:59AM

Unfortunately the Women fall to Harvard as well. It will be interesting to see how that mixes up the next poll.

Posted by: bnr24 (---.altnpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 30, 2012 12:49AM

Jim Hyla
Unfortunately the Women fall to Harvard as well. It will be interesting to see how that mixes up the next poll.
Sad that we lost a spot to Clarkson. Glad we'll have a chance at them this weekend.

Date: January 07, 2013 06:38PM

Canada, with 7 from Cornell, wins the Meco Cup. Here's the roster.

Posted by: Weder (---.atlanta.hp.com)
Date: January 09, 2013 03:38PM

So the recruiting thread on USCHO lists four forwards and a goalie as committed for next season. I assume that there will be at least two defensemen coming in as well. So that seems like a large class given there are three seniors on this season's roster. Can I assume that the expectation is that Jenner and possibly others will be out for the Olympics? And will there really be four goalies on the roster next season?

Posted by: mattj711 (---.sub-174-252-211.myvzw.com)
Date: January 09, 2013 06:15PM

Weder
So the recruiting thread on USCHO lists four forwards and a goalie as committed for next season. I assume that there will be at least two defensemen coming in as well. So that seems like a large class given there are three seniors on this season's roster. Can I assume that the expectation is that Jenner and possibly others will be out for the Olympics? And will there really be four goalies on the roster next season?

I am aware of one defenseman that has committed for next season. She was select for the Canadian U 18 team that played a three game series against the USA this past summer. She is suppose to be very fast.

Date: January 12, 2013 12:34PM

Today's NU game has free NU video here.

The BC game is here for about $10.

And of course there's always Redcast audio.

Date: January 12, 2013 02:07PM

NU video has very good quality so far. Syncs well with Redcast audio.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2013 04:05PM

Jim Hyla

Very depressing broadcast because our Redcast sucks so much in comparison.

Congrats to the team on a great win.

Date: January 12, 2013 04:05PM

Women win 4-2. Looked good, especially the 42 day layoff. BC tomorrow.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2013 09:57PM

mattj711
Weder

I am aware of one defenseman that has committed for next season. She was select for the Canadian U 18 team that played a three game series against the USA this past summer. She is suppose to be very fast.

3 new recruits from the same team seems unusual. Does that mean plan B?

Does a 4th goalie mean someone's transferring?

Posted by: Ben (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 12, 2013 11:48PM

ithacat
mattj711
Weder

Could Slebodnick be in the mix for the US Olympic Team?

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2013 12:25AM

Ben
ithacat
mattj711
Weder
So the recruiting thread on USCHO lists four forwards and a goalie as committed for next season. I assume that there will be at least two defensemen coming in as well. So that seems like a large class given therOe are three seniors on this season's roster. Can I assume that the expectation is that Jenner and possibly others will be out for the Olympics? And will there really be four goalies on the roster next season?

As of now, yes. (So is Gagliardi.)
[www.usahockey.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2013 02:17PM

Jim Hyla

BC game is being streamed for free at [www.bceagles.com]

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 13, 2013 02:30PM

marty
Jim Hyla

Very depressing broadcast because our Redcast sucks so much in comparison.

Congrats to the team on a great win.
Couldn't agree more. It is so sad when I see such a professional high qualty stream / well done broadcast on all levels and then I compare it to what we at Cornell get. Not only is the quality better but, right there in big letters on their site "All GoNUxstream live and on-demand broadcasts are provided free of charge for all fans," they do it free for all. deadhorse

Date: January 13, 2013 02:35PM

Score 1-1 Sorry I should have posted the free earlier. The women look quite good. BC came out strong and got a goal at 15 sec. Early shots 5-1 BC, but after that CU looked good and shots ended up 12-11 BC. We still have too many penalties, we are the most penalized in ECAC, 12-1/2 min. per game.

Date: January 13, 2013 03:27PM

Weder
Ben
ithacat
mattj711
Weder
So the recruiting thread on USCHO lists four forwards and a goalie as committed for next season. I assume that there will be at least two defensemen coming in as well. So that seems like a large class given therOe are three seniors on this season's roster. Can I assume that the expectation is that Jenner and possibly others will be out for the Olympics? And will there really be four goalies on the roster next season?

As of now, yes. (So is Gagliardi.)
[www.usahockey.com]

And I didn't think a Canada-USA game could get more interesting.

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2013 03:47PM

RichH
Jim Hyla

By "stream" do you mean a montage of still photos?

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2013 04:46PM

Roy 82
RichH
Jim Hyla

No, it was decent quality video for me.

BC scored with 43.3 seconds left in the 3rd to tie the game at 3, and BC won in OT.

Date: January 13, 2013 05:18PM

RichH
Roy 82
RichH
Jim Hyla

No, it was decent quality video for me.

BC scored with 43.3 seconds left in the 3rd to tie the game at 3, and BC won in OT.

Recap here. Considering no games in 42 days, and no real practices, they looked good this weekend. Obviously could have beaten BC. Unfortunately it makes it hard for them to get ahead of them in the PWR. We need to beat Harvard and then again in playoffs, and have Harvard do well in the Beanpot. We'll never get ahead of Minny, but could with Harvard and maybe second. Much too early to worry.

Posted by: jacks9110 (---.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 14, 2013 05:13PM

ithacat
mattj711
Weder

Plan B meaning we didn't get our top ranked recruits? If so, I don't know. Seems some top Canadian juniors are still uncommitted (at least publically).
Plan B meaning we settled? If so, I am not sure how this applies to the IVYs and non-academic scholly schools. Seems to me in such situations you would gladly take all comers who are good enough to play. We are not holding schollys for the super star recruits, because of limited schollys. That would be a BU, Hockey East situation.

Posted by: Ben (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 15, 2013 10:43PM

WICE got back to winning ways with an 8-1 drubbing of Syracuse. Jenner scored her second hat-trick of the season, an she's on pace to be the first Cornell player to 200 points since Digit Degidio/Murphy (136 points after tonight). The North Country teams come to visit Lynah this weekend.

Date: January 18, 2013 09:22PM

The women get off to a slow start [no score after one period] but beat St. Lawrence 6-0.

Posted by: Ben (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 18, 2013 09:49PM

dag14
The women get off to a slow start [no score after one period] but beat St. Lawrence 6-0.
Bizarre scoring situation in that game. The first goal, midway through the 2nd (which I couldn't see from Section B), was reviewed and called off, but still counted on the scoreboard, box score, and in the goal announcements. Whether she had two goals or one, it was another great game from Jenner. Campbell also looks more incisive than last semester, and although Woods went off injured in the 2nd after blocking a shot, she came back on and took some shifts in the 3rd. Winning tomorrow is more important.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 19, 2013 12:47AM

Ben
dag14
Bizarre scoring situation in that game. The first goal, midway through the 2nd (which I couldn't see from Section B), was reviewed and called off, but still counted on the scoreboard, box score, and in the goal announcements. Whether she had two goals or one, it was another great game from Jenner. Campbell also looks more incisive than last semester, and although Woods went off injured in the 2nd after blocking a shot, she came back on and took some shifts in the 3rd. Winning tomorrow is more important.

We're definitely seeing some mojo returning to the Big Red Women... Jess Campbell is back to playing at a high level, Jenner continues her dominance all over the ice, Slebodnick is sharpening up in net... freshmen D Poudrier and Richardson are looking a lot more comfortable playing the system... Jill Saulnier is playing with perhaps more intensity than anyone else on the team... Taylor Woods is a pesky and skillful freshman forward of the Saulnier mold. Freshmen Brown, Zorn, and Murray are dealing with various injuries and might not be back too soon, with the loss of Zorn perhaps most impactful due to her great poise and puck possession skill. Senior forward Erin Barley-Maloney has become a key playmaker, and of course our all-american D duo of Fortino and Rougeau continues to be our bedrock and possess perhaps the most savvy and hockey IQ on the team. Things are looking up, but beating Clarkson tomorrow will be crucial.

Date: January 19, 2013 09:27AM

Ben
dag14

There were two reviews in the 2nd period. The first rang off the cross bar and didn't count, which looked like the correct call to me (I was over in H during the 2nd). The second review was more interesting as it looked like the puck may have crossed the goal line and then was cleaned out by a SLU player before having the rebound buried. The SLU goalie appeared to argue that the rebound was kicked in the net. I think in the second review both pucks might have been goals, though the initial shot was close.

Date: January 19, 2013 06:40PM

Women beat Clarkson 3-1. Overall a good effort against an excellent team, although there were some periods of sloppy passing and poor judgment calls on the clear, etc.

And we were lucky. Clarkson had a 3 on 0 and didn't score....I guess they don't practice that play.

Date: January 19, 2013 06:55PM

dag14
Women beat Clarkson 3-1. Overall a good effort against an excellent team, although there were some periods of sloppy passing and poor judgment calls on the clear, etc.

And we were lucky. Clarkson had a 3 on 0 and didn't score....I guess they don't practice that play.
I thought we were excellent and fully deserved the win. Jenner should have scored on that ridiculous set of moves late in the 3rd. We're now tied for 2nd in the ECAC, and we need Sucks to lose some games down the stretch.

Date: January 19, 2013 07:00PM

We definitely deserved the win but against nationally ranked teams, we can't afford to make any mistakes because good teams will make you pay.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2013 09:03PM

Dag, Ben, agree on all points. Clarkson is a tough team and Erica Howe is a first-rate goalie. Lauren Slebodnick came up huge for the Red, especially in the 3rd. Clarkson was able to keep our defenders honest up at the blue line... case in point was the 3-on-0 which resulted from a gamble by Poudrier to go for a puck in the neutral zone with no support behind her. Pretty damn satisfying win, and a treat to watch. Great intensity and level of play from both teams.

Date: January 20, 2013 02:20PM

Ben
dag14

I thought we were excellent and fully deserved the win. Jenner should have scored on that ridiculous set of moves late in the 3rd. We're now tied for 2nd in the ECAC, and we need Sucks to lose some games down the stretch.

Maybe, but her goal, Cornell's second, was pretty neat.

Date: January 20, 2013 04:00PM

The video of the first goal failed to do it justice the camera angle is not wide enough. Barley-Maloney won the face off cleanly back to Campbell [I think] who was parked in the high slot. Her one-timer was a rocket down low and the goaltender never had a chance.

Date: January 22, 2013 05:25PM

Jenner and Slebodnick get "Weekly ECAC Awards".

Date: January 25, 2013 05:35PM

Today's game against Yale available free.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2013 07:27PM

3-0 Red after one

Date: January 25, 2013 08:55PM

women beat Yale 5-0. A thorough beat down.

Date: January 25, 2013 08:57PM

The free video feed from Yale, complete with video replays, was better than any paid RedCast product. From the broadcast announcers comments, I am guessing it is a student enterprise, at least in part.

Date: January 25, 2013 08:57PM

And Clarkson beats Harvard 3-1, so Cornell and Clarkson are tied for 2nd, four points behind Harvard but both with a game in hand.

Date: January 25, 2013 08:59PM

dag14
The free video feed from Yale, complete with video replays, was better than any paid RedCast product. From the broadcast announcers comments, I am guessing it is a student enterprise, at least in part.

Since CU is shacking up with Google in NYC for the moment, maybe someone can go down the hall and get a similar YouTube setup for us?

Date: January 26, 2013 06:14PM

Women win 4-2 over Brown, Jenner gets a goal and three assists. Clarkson and Sucks (in overtime) both win as well.

Posted by: Fred54 (184.70.85.---)
Date: January 28, 2013 12:05AM

Great team success - perhaps Schafer should take some notes..

Posted by: jtn27 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: January 29, 2013 01:10PM

Coach Derraugh goes for the most wins in Cornell history tonight versus Mercyhurst.

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: January 29, 2013 01:24PM

jtn27
Coach Derraugh goes for the most wins in Cornell history tonight versus Mercyhurst.

I'm confused....
Sun Preview

Based in Erie, Penn., the Lakers have the nation’s third highest scoring offense (4.38 goals per game) and its third highest scoring defense (1.50 goals allowed per game).

The Red is the nation’s highest scoring offense with 83 goals in 20 games, averaging 4.15 per game. Cornell is also second in goals allowed giving up just 32, averaging 1.59.

Lakers score 4.38 gpg, Red score 4.15. Cornell is #1 and Mercyhurst #3?
Lakers allow 1.5 gpg, Red allow 1.59. Cornell is #2 and Mercyhurst is #3?

Apparently, per USCHO, Cornell is #4 in offense and 6 in defense. Mercyhurst is 3 and 3. The Gophers lead both categories with a 5.65 gpg and .77 gaa.

Maybe the Cornell ranks are ECAC only?

Posted by: Thomas Larson (132.236.172.---)
Date: January 29, 2013 02:15PM

The lesson is to never trust the Sun, even though they likely take things straight from CBR writeup which has the numbers corret.

Date: January 29, 2013 03:56PM

The bench has been getting shorter the past several games. From what I've seen, a couple of injured players could be out for some time, but has anyone heard anything about players returning this week?

Date: January 29, 2013 04:07PM

Weder
The bench has been getting shorter the past several games. From what I've seen, a couple of injured players could be out for some time, but has anyone heard anything about players returning this week?
It's the same three players who have been out since the winter break: Brown, Zorn, and Murray.

Date: January 29, 2013 04:43PM

Ben
Weder
It's the same three players who have been out since the winter break: Brown, Zorn, and Murray.

Pittens wasn't listed in the box scores for the Brown and Yale games, and I wasn't paying close enough attention to the video for the Yale game to remember if that was correct.

Date: January 29, 2013 05:39PM

Weder
Ben
Weder

Pittens wasn't listed in the box scores for the Brown and Yale games, and I wasn't paying close enough attention to the video for the Yale game to remember if that was correct.
Sorry, you are quite right. Just went back and watched a bit of the Yale game and I didn't see her taking any shifts.

Date: January 29, 2013 10:27PM

4-0 win over Mercyhurst after a great first period and some good penalty killing in the third. Union & RPI next.

Date: January 30, 2013 08:14AM

Root for Harvard in the Beanpot. It's about the only way we can move up in the PWR.

Date: February 01, 2013 10:24PM

Women up to #4 in PWR at the moment after beating Union 8 goals to 6 shots on goal tonight.
[www.uscho.com]

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 01, 2013 10:41PM

Jim Hyla
Root for Harvard in the Beanpot. It's about the only way we can move up in the PWR.
Oh the horror

Date: February 02, 2013 12:04AM

We should also note that Sucks tied 2-2 with Dartmouth, Clarkson beat SLU, and Jenner notched her third hat-trick of the season tonight.

Date: February 02, 2013 11:37AM

Chris '03
Women up to #4 in PWR at the moment after beating Union 8 goals to 6 shots on goal tonight.
[www.uscho.com]

And if we beat Harvard, and they help in the Beanpot, we might get third. Second seems too tough, but I haven't tried to see if it's possible. Maybe someone needs to write a script to do that.:-D

Date: February 02, 2013 06:27PM

Women beat a pesky RPI team 3-1. 2-0 after the first, an ugly second period where we survived only because RPI is chippy but otherwise inept. Stronger play in the third but all in all, not the best effort from our team. The RPI fans might argue about the officiating [and one guy was pretty vocal throughout the game] but my sense was that it was pretty bad both ways meaning inconsistent calls.

Date: February 02, 2013 07:58PM

dag14
Women beat a pesky RPI team 3-1. 2-0 after the first, an ugly second period where we survived only because RPI is chippy but otherwise inept. Stronger play in the third but all in all, not the best effort from our team. The RPI fans might argue about the officiating [and one guy was pretty vocal throughout the game] but my sense was that it was pretty bad both ways meaning inconsistent calls.

Officiating seemed bad both ways to me as well. RPI put a lot of effort into this game and nearly made it dicey. A lot of interferences and cheap shots went uncalled which definitely played into RPI's favor. Lots of frustration on both teams. Not the best effort from the Red to be sure, but the overall trend in their level of play since dropping the OT game to BC is very encouraging....Campbell, Jenner, and Slebodnick have all been on top of their games, and now the lineup is finally being replenished by the freshmen Brown and Zorn to add some valuable depth.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2013 08:03PM

dag14

Sounds like comments here about the RPI men. :)

Date: February 02, 2013 08:10PM

dag14
Our win, combined with St. Lawrence's come-from-behind victory over Clarkson, puts us alone in second, one point behind Sucks. It also helps us by moving SLU back into the TUCs.

Date: February 03, 2013 12:45AM

And now we need Harvard to beat BC, to move up in PWR.

Posted by: jftf1958 (---.mmm.ca)
Date: February 03, 2013 09:33PM

at least we have something to be proud of this year

Date: February 04, 2013 08:32AM

jftf1958
at least we have something to be proud of this year

Like most years, recently.

Date: February 05, 2013 09:21PM

Sucks falls to BC, 2-1, but Northeastern beats BU, 3-0. Not all bad for us.

Date: February 06, 2013 07:13AM

Ben
Sucks falls to BC, 2-1, but Northeastern beats BU, 3-0. Not all bad for us.

Up to 3 in PWR. We could overtake BC, with some help. Of course that requires us to win out.

Jenner gets Player-of-the-Week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2013 07:26AM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: Swampy (131.128.163.---)
Date: February 06, 2013 04:20PM

From here:

CornellBigRed
Jenner and the Big Red have another important conference series this weekend, traveling to Quinnipiac and Princeton on Friday and Saturday. Cornell is alone in second place in the league standings and will be looking to keep pace with league-leader Harvard before the teams meet in Lynah Rink on Jan. 15.

Boy, it's going to be a long season!wtf

Posted by: dbilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: February 06, 2013 08:50PM

Swampy
From here:

CornellBigRed
Jenner and the Big Red have another important conference series this weekend, traveling to Quinnipiac and Princeton on Friday and Saturday. Cornell is alone in second place in the league standings and will be looking to keep pace with league-leader Harvard before the teams meet in Lynah Rink on Jan. 15.

Boy, it's going to be a long season!wtf

It's also going to be a miniscule crowd at Quinnipiac on Friday night if the major snowstorm predicted for CT on Friday materializes. Getting up that long, steep hill to the Q rink isn't going to be fun!

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 06, 2013 09:03PM

Speaking of, is the snow supposed to be bad for the Ithaca area Friday?

Inquiring, driving minds want to know.

Date: February 06, 2013 09:25PM

AT this point, all the attention is focused on New England and the coast. Unless things change, travel/weather in Ithaca should be no worse this weekend than is typical for February.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2013 10:02PM

dag14
AT this point, all the attention is focused on New England and the coast. Unless things change, travel/weather in Ithaca should be no worse this weekend than is typical for February.

Not sure that's quite right. This is an excerpt from the weather alert I received earlier this evening:

---
NYZ009-015>018-022>025-036-037-044>046-055>057-062-PAZ039-040-
080215-
/O.CON.KBGM.WS.A.0001.130208T1200Z-130209T1200Z/
NORTHERN ONEIDA-YATES-SENECA-SOUTHERN CAYUGA-ONONDAGA-STEUBEN- SCHUYLER-CHEMUNG-TOMPKINS-MADISON-SOUTHERN ONEIDA-CORTLAND-
CHENANGO-OTSEGO-TIOGA-BROOME-DE-SULLIVAN-SUSQUEHANNA-
NORTHERN WAYNE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF.BOONVILLE.PENN YAN.SENECA FALLS.
AUBURN.SYRACUSE.CORNING.HORNELL.WATKINS GLEN.ELMIRA.
ITHACA.ONEIDA.UTICA.ROME.CORTLAND.NORWICH.ONEONTA.
COOPERSTOWN.OWEGO.BINGHAMTON.WALTON.DELHI.MONTICELLO.
MONTROSE
914 PM EST WED FEB 6 2013

WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRI MORNING THROUGH SAT MORNING.

* LOCATIONS.ALL OF CNTL NY.& EXTREME NORTHEAST PA.

* HAZARDS.POSSIBLE HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS.POTENTIAL FOR 8 TO 12 INCHES.WITH LOCALLY GREATER THAN A FOOT POSSIBLE NEAR & NO. OF THE THRUWAY CORRIDOR.& ALSO IN SECTIONS OF THE CATSKILLS.

* TIMING.SNOW WILL DEVELOP FRI MORNING.WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL PERHAPS OCCURRING DURING THE AFTERNOON & EVENING HRS. SNOW SHOULD TAPER OFF LATE FRI NIGHT OR EARLY SATURDAY.

* TEMPS.IN THE MID 20S TO LWR 30S FRIDAY.FALLING INTO THE UPPER TEENS & 20S FRI NIGHT.

* WINDS.SOUTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH FRI BECOMING NW AT 10 TO 15 MPH FRI NIGHT.

* IMPACTS.HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS.

A WINTER STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT BECAUSE HEAVY SNOW IS A POSSIBILITY.BUT NOT A CERTAINTY. AT THIS TIME.THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 7 INCHES OR MORE. TRAVEL CONDITIONS COULD BECOME HAZARDOUS.SO IT IS IMPORTANT TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS & STATEMENTS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL IN THE WATCH AREA.

&&

$$
---

Date: February 07, 2013 07:12AM

Central New York is on the western edge of the predicted path of Nemo and likely west of the area where the normal snow/air movement from the west collides with the mass moving in from the south, which is why I said, "unless things change." That is why we have a winter storm watch in effect. Ithaca currently shows 2-4 inches expected Friday into Saturday. That is pretty normal for February.

Of course, it is crucial to factor in where one is driving to Ithaca from....Rochester and Syracuse -- not bad. Philly to Ithaca could be a mess. Unless you leave today!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2013 07:14AM by dag14.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: February 07, 2013 12:55PM

This question applies to both the men and women, but since we're talking about the weather here, this seems as good of a place as any to post it. As has already been mentioned, Hamden is expected to get a lot of snow tonight and tomorrow morning. What happens if the roads are closed and our women's team can't get to Hamden and/or Q's men's team can't get to Ithaca? I assume the games would be rescheduled for a Sunday or a weeknight? How often does it happen that games get canceled due to weather? I don't think it's happened in the last few years. This problem would probably also affect Harvard and maybe Dartmouth (I'm not sure if they're in the storm's path that far north).

Posted by: dag14 (---.ag.cornell.edu)
Date: February 07, 2013 01:18PM

I think the women are already on the road. They practiced this morning and I know they travel today. I am also fairly sure that the Q'pac men's team will arrive in Ithaca today. Most teams travel on Thursday since Ithaca is several hours away from every other team except Colgate. Even Union and RPI tend to come in the day before.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.sub-174-255-118.myvzw.com)
Date: February 07, 2013 03:17PM

According to CHN all four Hockey East men's games scheduled for Friday have been postponed.

Posted by: kingpin248 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 07, 2013 03:32PM

Friday's women's game has been moved up six hours, from 7 pm to 1 pm.

Date: February 08, 2013 08:14AM

kingpin248

I love how on the current CornellBigRed page where they talk about all the cancelations and time changes, they headline it with a picture of the men's team and then at the end say their schedule is not expected to change. Maybe they think the picture will capture attention or is it false advertising?

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2013 08:44AM

Jim Hyla
kingpin248

I love how on the current CornellBigRed page where they talk about all the cancelations and time changes, they headline it with a picture of the men's team and then at the end say their schedule is not expected to change. Maybe they think the picture will capture attention or is it false advertising?
Judgment call. How about giving benefit of the doubt to the trained professionals?

A lot of Boston is shutting down already (BU no classes, Harvard cutting back at noon (or is that every Friday?). GoHarvardDotCom could use something like this:

Date: February 08, 2013 10:42AM

Cornell sent out an email this morning noting that there is no current plan to close the university but that there always remains the possibility that things might change. It isn't snowing here yet and snow is predicted to start early afternoon. Local weather forecasters, unlike the Weather Channel, are currently predicting 3-5 inches locally today with more accumulations possible overnight.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.sub-174-252-53.myvzw.com)
Date: February 08, 2013 10:55AM

Snowing quite hard in New Haven area. Will be surprised if more than a handful of fans make it to Q for today's game. I won't be among them!

Date: February 08, 2013 11:05AM

Looks like the game will be streamed for the snowbound:
[www.necfrontrow.com]

Date: February 08, 2013 11:12AM

dbilmes
Snowing quite hard in New Haven area. Will be surprised if more than a handful of fans make it to Q for today's game. I won't be among them!
Surprised if more than a handful of fans make it to any Q game? If the 6"-12" of snow planned for NJ doesn't materialize or gets plowed, I want to try to make the Princeton women's game Saturday at 4.

3" of snow in Ithaca is not an emergency situation.

Date: February 08, 2013 12:29PM

Predictions in Ithaca are now one inch of snow by 6 p.m. with more presumably falling over night. But how much more and how quickly it accumulates remains an open question. So with any luck, those already in central NY can get to the men's game and home again without incident.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2013 12:54PM

dag14
So with any luck, those already in central NY can get to the men's game and home again without incident.
The way the men's team has been playing, perhaps it's better luck if they can't make it to the game!

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: February 08, 2013 01:22PM

I couldn't get the audio or video from the Q site. But ... surprisingly... the Redcast audio feed is up and running. However, I tune in and Q scores :(.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2013 01:23PM

dbilmes
dag14
So with any luck, those already in central NY can get to the men's game and home again without incident.
The way the men's team has been playing, perhaps it's better luck if they can't make it to the game!

The last time I dreaded a weekend the way I do now was during the spring of '95,

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2013 02:14PM

2-0 Q after 2

Date: February 08, 2013 02:52PM

3-0 EN SH

Date: February 08, 2013 02:54PM

3-1 PP 1min

Date: February 08, 2013 02:56PM

4-1 EN

Date: February 08, 2013 03:31PM

So, I didn't get to see the game, except for the last 7-8 min. Did anyone see how we did in the beginning?

Jim Hyla
Up to 3 in PWR. We could overtake BC, with some help. Of course that requires us to win out.

Maybe I should shut up.

Date: February 09, 2013 01:03AM

Loss drops us back to 4th in PWR. Sucks plays back-to-back-to-back from Sunday through Tuesday against Yale, @Dartmouth, and then against BU. Their game against Brown will be a week from next Tuesday. Hopefully their busy schedule will result in dropped points.

Date: February 09, 2013 09:22AM

Ben
Loss drops us back to 4th in PWR. Sucks plays back-to-back-to-back from Sunday through Tuesday against Yale, @Dartmouth, and then against BU. Their game against Brown will be a week from next Tuesday. Hopefully their busy schedule will result in dropped points.

But beat BU.

Date: February 09, 2013 03:05PM

Ben

...or not. Yale @ Sucks postponed, no new date set.

Date: February 09, 2013 05:55PM

4-1 over Princeton this afternoon.

Date: February 09, 2013 05:58PM

dag14
4-1 over Princeton this afternoon.
Nearly got a good break in the Clarkson-Union game. Union led twice, but Clarkson came back to win. We're joint top with Clarkson on 30 points, Sucks is third with 29 and two games in hand.

Re: General Women's Thread CU 4 Princeton 1
Date: February 09, 2013 09:29PM

Team dominated Princeton but could not open up a 1-0 first period lead. Felt like Cornell far outshot Princeton. (States: 46-15 shots.) Trying to shoot from the point through a swarm of players did not work. Nor did superior passing (couple nice behind-the-backs) when the final pass / shot didn't go in the net. Princeton tied early in the third. Cornell pulled away late plus an ENG for the 4-1 final score. Tough weekend to play on the road (not that it helped the men) with a long bus trip from Quinnipiac to Princeton after the Friday loss at Q.

Date: February 11, 2013 07:18PM

Huge game coming up for the Red against Harvard on Friday... It's being promoted pretty heavily, they're giving away rally towels, and it's the only game in town. Cornell vs. Harvard has become a pretty fierce rivalry on the women's side in the past couple years. Some talk in the air about letting the fish fly for the first time at a women's game. Calling all ye Faithful to pack Lynah Rink, give these ladies some loud support, and maybe start a new tradition. Unfortunately I cannot go, myself.

Date: February 11, 2013 07:41PM

imafrshmn
Huge game coming up for the Red against Harvard on Friday... It's being promoted pretty heavily, they're giving away rally towels, and it's the only game in town. Cornell vs. Harvard has become a pretty fierce rivalry on the women's side in the past couple years. Some talk in the air about letting the fish fly for the first time at a women's game. Calling all ye Faithful to pack Lynah Rink, give these ladies some loud support, and maybe start a new tradition. Unfortunately I cannot go, myself.
I will buy and throw fish for Friday if I know that I won't get kicked out of Lynah. But I doubt that will be possible.

Date: February 11, 2013 07:58PM

Ben
imafrshmn
I will buy and throw fish for Friday if I know that I won't get kicked out of Lynah. But I doubt that will be possible.

I agree, I doubt you'll have the strength in numbers as with the men. Nowhere to hide. Plus the women could be penalized with the game held up. Not a good idea in a crucial game.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 11, 2013 08:04PM

A goal for this game (other than winning) is to fill Lynah Rink for the first time for a women's hockey game. Students and CU Staff get in free. I believe that tickets are just $6 each for the rest of us.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 11, 2013 08:08PM

Larry72
A goal for this game (other than winning) is to fill Lynah Rink for the first time for a women's hockey game. Students and CU Staff get in free. I believe that tickets are just $6 each for the rest of us.
I really hope they sell it out. With students getting in free, everybody should bring 30 of their best friends.

Page:  1 23Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login