Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell @ Q

Posted by flyersgolf 
Cornell @ Q
Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 10, 2012 07:13PM

Great to see Ferlin out there, not sure he was going to make it after he could not go in the 3rd.

Re: Cornell @ Q
Date: November 10, 2012 08:25PM

More of the same lack of effort during the start of the second. Why the hustle is not every shift is puzzling. Cornell is dogging it on the back check. Just watch and you will not see players digging in to get back. I was surprised Dias was benched as there were others that were really slacking until the 3rd period last night.

One thing I left out from last night was Wilcox is still adjusting to the speed of the game. He has way too many turnovers. I remember when they benched Whitney for games when he was young for the same reason. Wilcox needs to speed it up mentally and physically. I thought for sure Stoick would be in there tonight.

Like many have said in other posts, the power play does not work. To much standing around and no traffic in front!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2012 08:28PM by flyersgolf.

Posted by: BearLover (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: November 10, 2012 08:28PM

...And for the third game in a row, Cornell heads into the 3rd period down 2-0. I disagree with the comment about the lack of hustle; I think they're hustling, they're just pressing too hard and taking bad penalties as a result. Many of their other penalties are inexcusable, such as Bardreau's check on a power play and basically everything De Swardt does. They think they're more skilled than their opponents, and maybe they are, but their skill plays never work and result in a break the other way for their opponent.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2012 08:30PM by BearLover.

Date: November 10, 2012 08:31PM

When there is a give away in the offensive zone, there is not that quick burst to get the puck back or get back on D. It is a nice leisurely stroll back for some.

Wow Princeton 4 Gate 0 final

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 10, 2012 08:32PM

flyersgolf
One thing I left out from last night was Wilcox is still adjusting to the speed of the game. He has way too many turnovers. I remember when they benched Whitney for games when he was young for the same reason. Wilcox needs to speed it up mentally and physically. I thought for sure Stoick would be in there tonight.

Here we go again. It's the ghost of Sasha Pokulok. Don't confuse calmness with being slow. Willcox is fine.

Posted by: BearLover (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: November 10, 2012 08:54PM

Put Kanji in. What a joke.

Date: November 10, 2012 09:29PM

I never felt that way about Pokulok. Watching from ice level it was my opinion of what I saw, seen too many games to be confused. It is early and things will only get better. Shooting the puck on goal with traffic and driving the net will cure some of these ills. With a National TV audience next friday and the lynah faithful the energy should be through the roof.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 10, 2012 10:05PM

Hopefully, at the end of the season I will be able to say I saw Cornell's worst game of the season. If we play much worse than this, I don't want to see it!
We came out and played a great first shift, but lost the momentum once we started taking penalties. We did a good job of killing two lengthy 5-on-3s, but other than that, there wasn't much positive to take out of the loss. I don't think we lost due to lack of effort. Late in the third period, Craig, for example, was throwing some good checks. But for much of the night, it seemed like Quinnipiac was being the more physical team.
To add to the misery of the Cornell fans, the Quinnipiac rink is my least favorite ECAC venue. The canned music is way too loud, and Q fans show no spontaneity. Most of the student section had cleared out long before the end of the game, perhaps to go clubbing in nearby New Haven. The Q pep band's rendition of the Star Spangled banner was the worst I have heard in my life. Unfortunately, not only was there no Cornell pep band present, but there was no cowbell either.
All in all, a miserable night for the Lynah Faithful.

Posted by: Ben (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2012 10:35PM

dbilmes
Unfortunately, not only was there no Cornell pep band present, but there was no cowbell either.
Over to you, Chris.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 11, 2012 07:33AM

Now I'm really looking forward to the Hahvahd game!
Not.

pain

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2012 08:00AM

After six games, Cornell has scored a total of five first and second period goals, has given up eight, and has been outshot in those two periods, 134-91.

Date: November 11, 2012 08:04AM

Al DeFlorio
After six games, Cornell has scored a total of five first and second period goals, has given up eight, and has been outshot in those two periods, 134-91.

I guess it's tough to shoot/score when you always have 2 men in the penalty box.

thud
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2012 07:43AM by Johnny 5.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 11, 2012 01:34PM

dbilmes
Hopefully, at the end of the season I will be able to say I saw Cornell's worst game of the season. If we play much worse than this, I don't want to see it!
We came out and played a great first shift, but lost the momentum once we started taking penalties. We did a good job of killing two lengthy 5-on-3s, but other than that, there wasn't much positive to take out of the loss. I don't think we lost due to lack of effort. Late in the third period, Craig, for example, was throwing some good checks. But for much of the night, it seemed like Quinnipiac was being the more physical team.
To add to the misery of the Cornell fans, the Quinnipiac rink is my least favorite ECAC venue. The canned music is way too loud, and Q fans show no spontaneity. Most of the student section had cleared out long before the end of the game, perhaps to go clubbing in nearby New Haven. The Q pep band's rendition of the Star Spangled banner was the worst I have heard in my life. Unfortunately, not only was there no Cornell pep band present, but there was no cowbell either.

This. Plus the ridiculous traffic in and out of that place.

Looked to me like Cornell got most dramatically "out-physicalled" in front of the Q net. It was rebound after rebound with no one winning the loose pucks to score. Hard to swallow losing that badly, in every phase of the game, to a team that lost to AIC four days earlier.

They honored the '02 Q team at the game and inducted them as a whole into the Q Hall of Fame. I guess they finally got some revenge for this.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2012 05:02PM

sprint suicides all week. "line up on the goal line!"

Date: November 12, 2012 07:46AM

The Rancor
sprint suicides all week. "line up on the goal line!"

Hey, the Crescent is free of snow!!

dribble

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.northlandsecurities.com)
Date: November 15, 2012 02:22PM

Herbies are a good thing. You don't want to skate in the game? That's fine, we'll skate now.

Again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login