Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 3, CC 2 (Saturday) postgame

Posted by billhoward 
Cornell 3, CC 2 (Saturday) postgame
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2012 09:52PM

Cornell 3 PPGs to go with the 2 Friday. Something like 5x14 on power play for the weekend. Outstanding PK, too. CC killed themselves with all those penalties. Let's hope CC is the real deal and not some marginal team we should have beaten up on even more. (CC was 3-1 and #19 in USCHO coming in; Cornell was #7.)

Re: Cornell 3, CC 2 (Saturday) postgame
Posted by: Robb (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: October 27, 2012 10:08PM

Even if they're mediocre, with the sweep every time they even tie a TUC it will help our Common Opponent category... /waytooearly

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2012 10:26PM

Just saw on Twitter that Union's star player injured knee tonight.

Date: October 27, 2012 10:36PM

dbilmes
USCHO score update thread said he took a knee-to-knee hit late in the 2nd, tried a shift in the 3rd, but couldn't go. The fact that he even tried has to be encouraging - hopefully a more thorough examination doesn't uncover serious trouble.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2012 11:05PM

First time since 2007 that Cornell has won its first 2 NC games.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 28, 2012 02:21PM

If you're wondering who they're talking about it's Shayne Gostisbehere. ;)

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2012 05:24PM

CowbellGuy
Conflicted about this one, but given that the NHL probably wont exist by the time he develops as a prospect I guess sucks for Union?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: October 28, 2012 05:37PM

css228
CowbellGuy
Conflicted about this one, but given that the NHL probably wont exist by the time he develops as a prospect I guess sucks for Union?
Maybe sanity will prevail and we'll go back to having 3 or 4 professional hockey leagues in a few years. The NHL-as-pro-monopoly has been far more trouble than it's worth.

Date: October 28, 2012 08:28PM

CowbellGuy
Yeah, him. Had no freaking clue how to spell it...

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2012 12:48AM

Robb
dbilmes
USCHO score update thread said he took a knee-to-knee hit late in the 2nd, tried a shift in the 3rd, but couldn't go. The fact that he even tried has to be encouraging - hopefully a more thorough examination doesn't uncover serious trouble.

From Adam's weekend recap on CHN [www.collegehockeynews.com]:

The only major story on this game was a potential injury to star defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere, who took a knee on knee hit trying to make an end-to-end rush. But after the game, coach Rick Bennett said he was OK. "He’s fine. That’s what happens when you don’t want to keep it simple,” he said.

Date: October 29, 2012 09:17AM

Robb
CowbellGuy

Thanks to the ELynah Twitter feed I know how to spell all sorts of odd names. Well, last names anyway. I had to look up if it was Shayne or Shane. ;)

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2012 01:08PM

CowbellGuy
Robb
CowbellGuy

Thanks to the ELynah Twitter feed I know how to spell all sorts of odd names. Well, last names anyway. I had to look up if it was Shayne or Shane. ;)
It even taught me how to spell "MacCarron." ;)

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: October 29, 2012 04:02PM

I'm not going to live that down for a while, am I? I blame Beeeej for scheduling his wedding during the exhibition games. I need a preseason too.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 29, 2012 07:39PM

CowbellGuy
I'm not going to live that down for a while, am I? I blame Beeeej for scheduling his wedding during the exhibition games. I need a preseason too.
Yeah. What kind of Cornell hockey couple schedules their wedding when Cornell hockey is on the ice? :-P

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 30, 2012 12:21PM

KeithK
CowbellGuy
Yeah. What kind of Cornell hockey couple schedules their wedding when Cornell hockey is on the ice? :-P
An elderly one. They had no more time to waste. ;)

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 31, 2012 07:58AM

Trotsky
KeithK
CowbellGuy

Yeah, but the entire party will have iPads streaming Redcast.

cheer

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2012 08:13AM

Johnny 5
Trotsky
KeithK
CowbellGuy

Yeah, but the entire party will have iPads Android tablets streaming Redcast.

cheer

FYP?
Am I wrong?

Date: October 31, 2012 08:46AM

marty
Johnny 5
Trotsky
KeithK
CowbellGuy

Yeah, but the entire party will have iPads Android tablets streaming Redcast.

cheer

FYP?
Am I wrong?

Why would such an important event feature anything but the best??

banana

Date: October 31, 2012 09:34AM

I'm guessing he was referring to the need for Flash to stream Redcast.

Date: October 31, 2012 09:39AM

CowbellGuy

Exactly.

Date: October 31, 2012 10:05AM

marty
CowbellGuy

Exactly.

No, actually the iDevices stream Redcast just fine without the outdated Flash.
You troglodytes don't carry Blackberrys do you??

whistle

Date: October 31, 2012 11:00AM

Hey, don't lump me in there. I was just assuming since I never use Redcast. I'm quite happy with my second iPad, third iPhone, fifth MacBook Pro, iMac and Mac Pro. ;)

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: October 31, 2012 11:41AM

CowbellGuy
Hey, don't lump me in there. I was just assuming since I never use Redcast. I'm quite happy with my second iPad, third iPhone, fifth MacBook Pro, iMac and Mac Pro. ;)

I think you may need to update your avatar and replace it with either a picture of Steve Jobs or the Apple logo :). (I'd paste/link to an image, but my work pc doesn't have the "grab" function like my mac does).

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: October 31, 2012 11:42AM

Rita
CowbellGuy

I think you may need to update your avatar and replace it with either a picture of Steve Jobs or the Apple logo :). (I'd paste/link to an image, but my work pc doesn't have the "grab" function like my mac does).

Steve Jobs wearing the Buffaslug? The Buffaslug butting heads with the Apple logo?

Date: October 31, 2012 12:04PM

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but Redcast looks pretty crappy on my Android device - it doesn't scale properly so I only see the top half of the video regardless of whether I'm holding it in landscape or portrait mode. I probably don't have something set right, but I'm too old to know how to fix it....

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2012 12:44PM

Robb
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but Redcast looks pretty crappy on my Android device - it doesn't scale properly so I only see the top half of the video regardless of whether I'm holding it in landscape or portrait mode. I probably don't have something set right, but I'm too old to know how to fix it....
Picture quality is excellent on my ASUS Transformer Android tablet.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.customer.alter.net)
Date: October 31, 2012 01:09PM

Robb
I see two problems on my Android tablet:

(1) The video only plays directly in the browser, and won't "pop out": if I try to pop it out, I get an error saying that the stream is unplayable.
(2) Every so often a popup appears that stops stream playback (usually with some unhelpful message like "All previous issues have been resolved!";), and I have to restart it.

As a result, I watched it on my desktop on Saturday, which coincided with the upgrade in stream quality, though they were unrelated.

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.207.252.64.snet.net)
Date: October 31, 2012 04:16PM

Jobsabuffaslug levitating an apple. Aren't I creative, putting my liberal arts degree to work?

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: October 31, 2012 05:33PM

Jerseygirl
Jobsabuffaslug levitating an apple. Aren't I creative, putting my liberal arts degree to work?

Nice! Works for me, will it works for Age? :)

Date: October 31, 2012 07:31PM

Thanks Al for mentioning the tablet you use.
I haven't heard definitive information concerning the quality of the archive of Saturday's game. (I am often at RIP's Houston Field House during the games and this makes Redcast an iffy buy for me.) Last year I bought one month instead of the season.

A favorable review of the archive would make buying the season more palatable.

My tablet is the Lenovo A2109 which I assume it's not in use by others on eLynah.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-192-15.myvzw.com)
Date: November 01, 2012 11:14AM

For those that want to attempt to replicate the utility of the Asus Transformer with a lower cost option check out this:

One day keyboard sale

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 01, 2012 08:21PM

Jerseygirl

Wouldn't a true liberal arts grad write "am I not" or "ain't" instead of "aren't?" There's so many things wrong with that contraction their.

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 01, 2012 08:37PM

Scersk '97
Jerseygirl

Wouldn't a true liberal arts grad write "am I not" or "ain't" instead of "aren't?" There's so many things wrong with that contraction their.

No. A true liberal arts grad learns the rules of grammar and usage, understands them, and then breaks them as she sees fit. Less criticism of my grammar, more admiration of the Jobsabuffaslug, please.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 01, 2012 10:33PM

Jerseygirl
Scersk '97
Jerseygirl

No. A true liberal arts grad learns the rules of grammar and usage, understands them, and then breaks them as she sees fit. Less criticism of my grammar, more admiration of the Jobsabuffaslug, please.

This!

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 02, 2012 01:59AM

Jerseygirl
Scersk '97
Jerseygirl

Agreed.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 03, 2012 01:03AM

Jerseygirl
Scersk '97
Jerseygirl

I would think that a liberal arts grad, having already learned "the rules of grammar and usage" whilst obtaining her liberal arts degree, would not need to learn them again. Here's a statment that I can stand behind: "A true liberal arts grad understands the rules of grammar and usage and breaks them as she sees fit."

Jobsabuffaslug is cute. Reminds me of a psychedelic The Donald. But an all-black jersey? So played out. "Hey Steve, the 2000s called. They want their uniform trends back."

PS My compliments on your de-lurking. Two years is two long.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2012 01:05AM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2012 06:38AM

CC comes back to beat Wisco in OT, 5-4.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login