Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

NHL Draft

Posted by jkahn 
NHL Draft
Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 23, 2012 11:46AM

Reece Willcox drafted by Flyers in 5th round, number 141 overall.

Re: NHL Draft
Date: June 23, 2012 12:13PM

John McCarron drafted by Oilers in 6th round, 153rd overall. One might think the Oilers would be leery about signing Cornellians after they wanted to get Riley Nash to leave after his junior year and he refused (although he did leave after a trade to the 'Canes).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2012 12:14PM by jkahn.

Date: June 23, 2012 12:39PM

Joakim Ryan to the Sharks in round 7, 198th overall.

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: June 23, 2012 01:23PM

Mark Jankowski taken first round, #21 overall, by Calgary. In addition to all the other famous relatives listed in his bio, his father, Len Jankowski '82, played four seasons at Cornell, a fact that actually got mentioned on last night's broadcast.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.cmdnnj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 25, 2012 09:53AM

jkahn

I'm kind of staggered by how late he went—a steal for the Sharks.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: June 25, 2012 10:12AM

Scersk '97
jkahn

I'm kind of staggered by how late he went—a steal for the Sharks.

As the last round was winding up I was already composing a tweet in my head about how a lot of teams would regret not drafting him when he enters free agency in 3 years. ;)

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 25, 2012 11:47PM

Great talent but 1) is he big enough for the next level and 2) can he improve the defensive side of his game enough? Sees the ice really well and I like his confidence the few times I saw him.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: June 26, 2012 12:56PM

RatushnyFan
Great talent but 1) is he big enough for the next level and 2) can he improve the defensive side of his game enough? Sees the ice really well and I like his confidence the few times I saw him.

It's the Sharks, so no one's concerned about him playing defense.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: June 26, 2012 02:50PM

French Rage
RatushnyFan

Zzzzzzzzing.

(The Islanders, on the other hand, may never draft another forward.)

Posted by: ugarte (207.239.110.---)
Date: June 26, 2012 05:20PM

French Rage
RatushnyFan

DOUGLAS MURRAY IS DOWN ON THE RICOCHET!

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 26, 2012 10:25PM

The Ithaca Journal reviews the Cornell draftees this morning.
Staff report
Incoming Cornell hockey freshman Reece Willcox, along with Big Red sophomores-to-be John McCarron and Joakim Ryan, were selected over the weekend in the annual NHL Entry Draft.

Cornell was the only ECAC Hockey school to have three players drafted. That gives the 2012-13 Big Red eight NHL draft picks on its roster, the most it has had since the 2006-07 season.
They continue with a couple of paragraphs on each one, a breakdown of all eight draftees by position, and a one-sentence summary of last year's record.

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: June 27, 2012 12:02AM

David Harding
Staff report
Incoming Cornell hockey freshman Reece Willcox, along with Big Red sophomores-to-be John McCarron and Joakim Ryan, were selected over the weekend in the annual NHL Entry Draft.

Cornell was the only ECAC Hockey school to have three players drafted. That gives the 2012-13 Big Red eight NHL draft picks on its roster, the most it has had since the 2006-07 season.
They continue with a couple of paragraphs on each one, a breakdown of all eight draftees by position, and a one-sentence summary of last year's record.

I did not realize that fact.

Sucks will have nine on its roster. Another fact that I did not realize:

Robert S. Samuels
...the Crimson now has seven drafted players in its rising freshmen and sophomore classes.

It should make next season very interesting.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: June 27, 2012 07:00AM

Aaron M. Griffin
David Harding
Staff report

Robert S. Samuels
...the Crimson now has seven drafted players in its rising freshmen and sophomore classes.

But I like the only comment to that story:

I'm not sure that I understand. These people have just graduated HIGH SCHOOL, and have already been drafted by the NHL?!

Are they expected to drop out of Harvard in order to play hockey professionally?

Or, are they being drafted 4 years in advance of the date on which they are expected to join their respective teams?

Probably from Harvard's best fan.

So, go with it.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: June 27, 2012 07:45AM

Jim Hyla
Aaron M. Griffin
David Harding
Staff report

Robert S. Samuels

I'm not sure that I understand. These people have just graduated HIGH SCHOOL, and have already been drafted by the NHL?!

Are they expected to drop out of Harvard in order to play hockey professionally?

Or, are they being drafted 4 years in advance of the date on which they are expected to join their respective teams?

So, go with it.

Harvard Hockey...100 years of cluelessness

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: June 27, 2012 12:56PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Aaron M. Griffin
David Harding
Staff report

Robert S. Samuels

So, go with it.

Reminds of the Colgate fan site where fans (i.e. people tempted to attend because of free pizza) could ask the goalie (I think Dekanich (sp?)) a question, and one fan complained about Cornell having an easier schedule to finish out the year (this was January or so), and the goalie had to point out since we were travel partners that we had the exact same opponents remaining.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: ftyuv (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: June 27, 2012 01:12PM

French Rage
Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Aaron M. Griffin
David Harding
Staff report

Robert S. Samuels

So, go with it.

Reminds of the Colgate fan site where fans (i.e. people tempted to attend because of free pizza) could ask the goalie (I think Dekanich (sp?)) a question, and one fan complained about Cornell having an easier schedule to finish out the year (this was January or so), and the goalie had to point out since we were travel partners that we had the exact same opponents remaining.

Maybe the fan had looked at the schedule and saw that in some of the weekends, Colgate played the harder opponent Friday and the easier one Saturday. That would mean that Colgate gets the hard opponent when they're fresh, while Cornell gets them once they've been tired out by Colgate (while Cornell, having played the easy opponent the night before, is relatively well-rested).

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: June 27, 2012 01:55PM

ftyuv
French Rage
Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Aaron M. Griffin
David Harding
Staff report

Robert S. Samuels

So, go with it.

Maybe the fan had looked at the schedule and saw that in some of the weekends, Colgate played the harder opponent Friday and the easier one Saturday. That would mean that Colgate gets the hard opponent when they're fresh, while Cornell gets them once they've been tired out by Colgate (while Cornell, having played the easy opponent the night before, is relatively well-rested).
You might be overestimating the analytical abilities of Colgate hockey fans.

Date: June 27, 2012 02:08PM

Al DeFlorio
ftyuv
French Rage
Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Aaron M. Griffin
David Harding
Staff report

Robert S. Samuels

So, go with it.

That's not the only thing I'm overestimating!

(Heyoo?)

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: June 27, 2012 08:01PM

ftyuv
Al DeFlorio
ftyuv
French Rage
Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Aaron M. Griffin
David Harding
Staff report

Robert S. Samuels

So, go with it.

(Heyoo?)

If you meant that as a joke, you went in much too much detail for me. Maybe Al and I are just too old for it.

Date: June 27, 2012 08:04PM

Jim Hyla
ftyuv
Al DeFlorio
ftyuv
French Rage
Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Aaron M. Griffin
David Harding
Staff report

Robert S. Samuels

So, go with it.

(Heyoo?)

If you meant that as a joke, you went in much too much detail for me. Maybe Al and I are just too old for it.

My first comment was meant as a joke-ish. Which is to say, I don't think the Colgater would have actually thought it, but the funny thing is that the goalie's dismissivness of the question could have also been wrong, though his dismissiveness of the questioner was almost certainly right. :) The second post was just nonsense.

Posted by: css228 (---.middlebury.edu)
Date: July 11, 2012 06:50PM

Posted by: bnr24 (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 11, 2012 08:00PM

Not as awesome as he will look in Red and White

Date: July 11, 2012 08:12PM

Not sure I'll be able to support him after seeing that.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: July 12, 2012 07:57AM

Aaron M. Griffin
Not sure I'll be able to support him after seeing that.

Let's go Flyers!

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 13, 2012 07:04PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Let's go Flyers!
No. Just no.

Date: July 14, 2012 01:57AM

More from Willcox. He will play in the Flyers Prospect Camp scrimmage tomorrow. I know that the Rangers streamed the scrimmage at the end of their camp, but the Flyers website is unclear whether they will stream their scrimmage. The scrimmage is Saturday at 9:00 am.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login