Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Alumni in the Pros: May 2012

Posted by jtwcornell91 
Cornell Alumni in the Pros: May 2012
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: May 12, 2012 10:41PM

Is there really not a May thread yet?

Justin Krueger feature

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Cornell Alumni in the Pros: May 2012
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2012 11:49AM

Ben in Round 2.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: May 13, 2012 09:40PM

Are there any Cornellians left in the NHL playoffs (even bench warmers)? I'm not aware of any.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 15, 2012 09:10AM

More Kruger:

Hockey's Future

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: May 15, 2012 09:56AM

jtn27
Are there any Cornellians left in the NHL playoffs (even bench warmers)? I'm not aware of any.

For the last couple of years, keeping us up to date on Cornellians remaining at any level of pro hockey playoffs has been Josh's bag, but he may be busy with other things.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jtn27 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 15, 2012 09:02PM

jtn27

I looked it up. The answer is no.

[www.cbssports.com]

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 17, 2012 01:05PM

jtn27
jtn27

[www.cbssports.com]
In the AHL playoffs, the Western Conference final will feature a matchup between Ben Scrivens and the Toronto Marlies and Yann Danis and the Oklahoma City Barons. (Danis is backed up by David LeNeveu, but Danis has played every minute so far in the playoffs so a Cornellian vs. Cornellian goaltending matchup seems unlikely unless Danis gets injured, despite the fact that LeNeveu was almost as good as Danis during the regular season.) Both of their teams are packed with former NCAA players. Scrivens's teammates include Jerry D'Amigo (RPI), Matt Frattin (UND), Jake Gardiner (Wisconsin), Joe Colborne (Denver), Simon Gysbers and Will Acton (LSSU), and Jay Rosehill (UMD), while LeNeveu's include Mark Arcobello (Yale), Tyler Pitlick (Mankato), Chris Vande Velde and Taylor Chorney (UND), Tanner House (Maine), and Dan Ringwald (RIT).

In the Eastern Conference final, Raymond Sawada is now with the St. John's IceCaps (when did that happen?), who play the Norfolk Admirals. Sawada's teammates up in Newfie country incude Brock Trotter (Denver), John Albert and Jason DeSantis (Ohio State), Zach Redmond (Ferris State), Travis Ramsey (Maine), Marco Rosa (Merrimack), and Kevin Clark (UAA). Their opponents will include Alex Killorn (Harvard), Trevor Smith (UNH), Cory Conacher (Canisius), Mike Kostka (UMass), Evan Oberg (UMD), and Jeff Dimmen (Maine). So, while no Cornellians are still activin the NHL playoffs, the odds are good that one will lift the Calder Cup. Both series start tonight, by the way. Just remember to root against Norfolk because Harvard sucks.

As for the lower minors and Europe, I don't have time to look into them, though I do remember reading a few weeks ago that the Abbotts' Swedish team had the best record in the regular season but an early exit from the SEL playoffs, and that Cam missed the whole season due to injury. And here's a video interview with Chris.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: May 17, 2012 01:22PM

Josh '99
jtn27
jtn27

[www.cbssports.com]
In the AHL playoffs, the Western Conference final will feature a matchup between Ben Scrivens and the Toronto Marlies and Yann Danis and the Oklahoma City Barons. (Danis is backed up by David LeNeveu, but Danis has played every minute so far in the playoffs so a Cornellian vs. Cornellian goaltending matchup seems unlikely unless Danis gets injured, despite the fact that LeNeveu was almost as good as Danis during the regular season.) Both of their teams are packed with former NCAA players. Scrivens's teammates include Jerry D'Amigo (RPI), Matt Frattin (UND), Jake Gardiner (Wisconsin), Joe Colborne (Denver), Simon Gysbers and Will Acton (LSSU), and Jay Rosehill (UMD), while LeNeveu's include Mark Arcobello (Yale), Tyler Pitlick (Mankato), Chris Vande Velde and Taylor Chorney (UND), Tanner House (Maine), and Dan Ringwald (RIT).

In the Eastern Conference final, Raymond Sawada is now with the St. John's IceCaps (when did that happen?), who play the Norfolk Admirals. Sawada's teammates up in Newfie country incude Brock Trotter (Denver), John Albert and Jason DeSantis (Ohio State), Zach Redmond (Ferris State), Travis Ramsey (Maine), Marco Rosa (Merrimack), and Kevin Clark (UAA). Their opponents will include Alex Killorn (Harvard), Trevor Smith (UNH), Cory Conacher (Canisius), Mike Kostka (UMass), Evan Oberg (UMD), and Jeff Dimmen (Maine). So, while no Cornellians are still activin the NHL playoffs, the odds are good that one will lift the Calder Cup. Both series start tonight, by the way. Just remember to root against Norfolk because Harvard sucks.

As for the lower minors and Europe, I don't have time to look into them, though I do remember reading a few weeks ago that the Abbotts' Swedish team had the best record in the regular season but an early exit from the SEL playoffs, and that Cam missed the whole season due to injury. And here's a video interview with Chris.

Thank you Josh. This made my day **]

Date: May 18, 2012 06:05AM

Ben Scrivens shutout game one

AHL West Final

The Marlies must have one of those system things.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2012 11:40AM by marty.

Date: May 18, 2012 12:49PM

marty

AHL West Final

The Barons should pull their sieve.

Posted by: RichH (167.225.107.---)
Date: May 18, 2012 01:18PM

Josh '99
marty

AHL West Final

The Barons should pull their sieve.

Or at least put up a really obnoxious website to advertise how amazing their goaltender is while being on a bad team.

(I know the Barons aren't bad...just let me make my joke, OK?)

Date: May 24, 2012 06:04AM

Ben Scrivens shutout.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: May 24, 2012 01:54PM

Anything else worth mentioning about Scriven's shutout that you may have noticed in the article?

Oh, I don't know, hmmm, maybe this:

"Yann Danis made 10 saves on 12 shots in defeat. He was replaced by David LeNeveu to start the third period."
rock
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2012 07:44PM by Roy 82.

Date: May 24, 2012 01:56PM

Roy 82
Anything else worth mentioning about Scriven's shutout that you may have notice in the article?

Oh, I don't know, hmmm, maybe this:

"Yann Danis made 10 saves on 12 shots in defeat. He was replaced by David LeNeveu to start the third period."
rock
Nice to see Lenny get some playoff action. He saw and stopped only three shots in the third; the Marlies scored their third goal after he was pulled for an extra attacker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login