Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell section at Pepsi Arena

Posted by Will 
Cornell section at Pepsi Arena
Posted by: Will (128.253.12.---)
Date: March 06, 2003 12:54PM

As I was purchasing my Lynah playoff tickets earlier today, I asked the guy working the ticket window about the Cornell section at the Pepsi Arena should the Big Red advance to that round. He told me that the tickets for Cornell's block would go on sale the Monday morning after the home playoff weekend and that there would be approximately 400 tickets up for grabs. Now, I know that, should neither Union nor RPI make it that far, it should be pretty easy to just buy tickets online. However, for the first time at a non-Lynah game this year, I'd like to sit with a large group of Cornell fans (although, I must admit, pissing off Harvard and Princeton fans in their own arenas was a lot of fun :-D) and I figure getting into the Cornell block would be the best way to go about doing this. My question is, what should I expect in terms of obtaining tickets in the Cornell block? If I show up (with friends in tow--let's say we'll need ten tickets total, all together obviously) just before the time the ticket office opens, will we be able to get tickets very easily? Or should I expect more of a campout situation a la back in September for season tickets? Remember that the Monday these tickets go on sale is during Spring Break and I expect many students to not be around. Also, does anyone know the maximum number of tickets a single person can purchase? (I think I have one friend who graduated who might want to be included in these plans.) Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated.

Re: Cornell section at Pepsi Arena
Posted by: A-19 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2003 09:38PM

last year we got cu block tix for placid. 5 of us showed up about 20 minutes before the ticket office opened (i forget if it opened at 9am or 10am). there were maybe 7 students and 10 "townies" in line, and we received third row tickets. last year, cornell officially had a whole 2 or three sections, and they sell to people in line before they even deal with phone orders. i'm not sure how many tickets each person is allowed to buy, though you're always better off showing up with more people to alleviate the problem should it arise. don't forget that also those "400" tickets aren't really 400- the cornell hockey assoc takes off the top, then the band gets an allotment (that's a good thing). when i asked about harvard tickets this year, i was told the "technical" cu section was 100 tickets, but only ~60 to sell to students. even so, thats a ton of tickets and i'm not particularly worried about not getting good seats, especially if i show up a few minutes early. hope that's informative.

-mike

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 06, 2003 10:13PM

Last year for Placid I got 8 tickets which I bought around noon. There was no limit for one person as far as I knew and although the tickets were beginning to run out when I showed up, I wouldn't have put it past more than 2/3rd or so. With it being spring break week, I'd definitely expect a lighter crowd and more people buying through Ticketmaster. With it being in Albany on the other hand, I would maybe think more people might go. But if you show up before they open you'll be fine. I'd say call the ticket office sometime in the next week to find out if there's a limit, but I wouldn't expect one, or at least not below 8 or 10.

Posted by: dadeo (---.dialup.cornell.edu)
Date: March 07, 2003 01:12AM

So is there anyplace to inquire about carpooling to albany and then providence? If so, lmk. If not, I am looking for riders...
thx

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 07, 2003 08:31AM

dadeo wrote:

> So is there anyplace to inquire about carpooling to albany and
> then providence? If so, lmk. If not, I am looking for
> riders...
> thx

This would be the place, though it might be a bit early for people to know exactly what they're doing as far as the regional goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login