Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell - Ferris St. Pregame

Posted by KenP 
Cornell - Ferris St. Pregame
Posted by: KenP (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 01:10PM

(reposted from the other thread)

jtn27
KenP
trainbow
KenP
If we play well, get some scoring and hold on, I think we can have a lead heading into the 3rd period. If that happens, I'll bet the farm that the blow the lead, and it'll come down to a crapshoot for who moves on.
Quite a predicton, it turns out.
If only I could call the stock market that well...

I'll settle for a prediction for tonight's game.
Ferris State was the CCHA regular season champion, then got embarrasingly dumped out of the conference tourney. Good defense, and they know what's at stake.

My biggest concern is Cornell's inconsistency. If last night's team shows up tonight I'd say we have a chance. Just as easily I could see the rails fall off, i.e. a repeat of the Harvard game, or a repeat of the start of last night's game. Will they be too tired to play with the same intensity? Will Ferris be more effective at capitalizing on the abundance of chances we know Cornell is going to offer?

If they can make it through the first 10 minutes of the game without being down more than 2 goals, I give them a chance.

Re: Cornell - Ferris St. Pregame
Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 01:48PM

Announcers last night said that Cornell was 11-2-2 on Friday nights (now 12-2-2). I didn't check for accuracy. Have we generally had tougher opponents Friday nights or is it possible that we have conditioning issues?

Posted by: ajh258 (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 01:48PM

Here's the regional preview from USCHO, which I think sums up their team pretty well.

We need to hunker down on defense, be patient with the puck in the offensive zone, and play all 60 minutes in order to win today. It's not going to be easy, but after last night, anything seems possible.

Posted by: css228 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 01:56PM

RatushnyFan
Announcers last night said that Cornell was 11-2-2 on Friday nights (now 12-2-2). I didn't check for accuracy. Have we generally had tougher opponents Friday nights or is it possible that we have conditioning issues?
Probably has more to do with the fact that like 90% of college programs, we use the entire week to prepare for Friday's opponent and don't worry about Saturday until Friday is done.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 02:12PM

css228
RatushnyFan
Probably has more to do with the fact that like 90% of college programs, we use the entire week to prepare for Friday's opponent and don't worry about Saturday until Friday is done.
Why wouldn't that affect our Saturday opponent as well?

Posted by: adamw (---.cst.lightpath.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 02:23PM

Some other Ferris reading material ... copied from Michigan post-game thread...

[www.collegehockeynews.com]

Date: March 24, 2012 02:46PM

Trotsky
css228
RatushnyFan
Why wouldn't that affect our Saturday opponent as well?
Sure it does, but if anything itd just make the Saturday games more of a crapshoot.

Posted by: releck97 (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 04:09PM

Is DeSwardt eligible for tonight?

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 04:09PM

releck97

Yes. It was a Game Misconduct, not a Game Disqualification. A DQ gets you at least a game suspension. He can play tonight.

Date: March 24, 2012 04:20PM

RichH
releck97

Yes. It was a Game Misconduct, not a Game Disqualification. A DQ gets you at least a game suspension. He can play tonight.
Thanks. That is what I thought. What made me question myself was a statement on the chat last night by someone who was quite sure we would see Dias instead of Armand. IMHO, we need DeSwardt to have a chance tonight.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 04:23PM

ajh258
Here's the regional preview from USCHO, which I think sums up their team pretty well.

We need to hunker down on defense, be patient with the puck in the offensive zone, and play all 60 minutes in order to win today. It's not going to be easy, but after last night, anything seems possible.

Sounds right. I thought we played pretty much amazing last night. My only critique was that while I understand the defensive play in the 3rd, it seems that trying to keep possession in the offensive zone is also sound defense.

Date: March 24, 2012 04:49PM

releck97
RichH
releck97

Thanks. That is what I thought. What made me question myself was a statement on the chat last night by someone who was quite sure we would see Dias instead of Armand. IMHO, we need DeSwardt to have a chance tonight.
Yeah that was me. I personally think after 2 misconducts in his last 3 games Schafer is going to hesitate to play DeSwardt. Could be wrong though.

Posted by: adamw (---.cst.lightpath.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 05:38PM

css228
Yeah that was me. I personally think after 2 misconducts in his last 3 games Schafer is going to hesitate to play DeSwardt. Could be wrong though.

Actually, 2 in 2 games - because he was benched for the ECAC consolation game after taking the penalty against Harvard.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 05:44PM

css228
releck97
RichH
releck97

Has Schafer said anything about DeSwardt playing or not playing tonight?

Date: March 24, 2012 05:47PM

jtn27
css228
releck97
RichH
releck97

Has Schafer said anything about DeSwardt playing or not playing tonight?
No, but as Adam said above, there is precedent for him benching DeSwardt after a misconduct.

Date: March 24, 2012 06:21PM

The difference here is that last night's penalty looked alot like most 2 minute penalties this year. My guess? Coach plays him.

Posted by: CUrafter (---.geo.cornell.edu)
Date: March 24, 2012 08:51PM

I just really want to see Whitney take 300mph slap shots all game

Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 10:04PM

Attendance looks really light

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login