Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Atlantic City Tickets: Which Side is the Home Team

Posted by ConquistadorX90 
Atlantic City Tickets: Which Side is the Home Team
Posted by: ConquistadorX90 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2012 01:15PM

Hey does anyone know which side of the rink at Boardwalk Hall the home team will get for the semifinal game. I want to make sure i see two periods of offense in the semi final game from the right section.

Re: Atlantic City Tickets: Which Side is the Home Team
Posted by: finchphil (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 01:22PM

ConquistadorX90
Hey does anyone know which side of the rink at Boardwalk Hall the home team will get for the semifinal game. I want to make sure i see two periods of offense in the semi final game from the right section.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this. There will be a ton of empties...you should have your choice of seats to move around and see THREE periods of offense.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2012 01:48PM

I think Cornell students will get section 103/104, but I'm not 100% sure. Dartmouth sat in that section last year with the 2nd seed. We sat in 107/106 as the 3rd seed.

I will ask the ticket office tomorrow and will let you know.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 01:56PM

Which side is the home team side? This side is the home team side!
Which team is the other side? This side is the other side!
Home team side! Home team side!
Other side! Other side!

Posted by: jtn27 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 11, 2012 02:05PM

I assume that tickets go on sale tomorrow morning. Is that correct? Does anyone know what time specifically?

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 03:31PM

jtn27
I assume that tickets go on sale tomorrow morning. Is that correct? Does anyone know what time specifically?
Cornell hockey fans have already started camping out in front of the ticket office.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 03:57PM

dbilmes
jtn27
Cornell hockey fans have already started camping out in front of the ticket office.

Hopefully the CU Police has the riot gear ready. I'm practicing my speed-dial.

Actually, I did camp out for Lake Placid tickets in 1996. Not a full night, as I think I got there around 2-3 am, but there was a line. That's how excited we were to be going there after that pasting of Colgate in the QF. Of course there were other factors. We didn't know what the capacity was like, since the last time we had made it (1992) was the last year the championship weekend was played in Boston, and with Clarkson and Vermont advancing, we expected high demand for tickets.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2012 04:01PM by RichH.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2012 04:11PM

dbilmes
jtn27
After watching the end of the St. Bonaventure vs Xavier game just held there I'm glad they have some time to get ready for hockey. Apparently someone in their booking office is making up for losing the Miss America pageant.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 04:43PM

Particularly with RPI and Clarkson eliminated, Cornell's side of the building may be the whole building (or at least the third of it that is filled).

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 08:47PM

Trotsky
Particularly with RPI and Clarkson eliminated, Cornell's side of the building may be the whole building (or at least the third of it that is filled).
ECAC's choice of Atlantic City would have made it a 460-mile drive for the Knights. Not a carbon neutral tourney site.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 08:58PM

ftyuv
Which side is the home team side? This side is the home team side!
Which team is the other side? This side is the other side!
Home team side! Home team side!
Other side! Other side!

OK, so I'm not the only one who immediately thought that.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 12, 2012 08:32AM

For all y'all's info, the Marriott Courtyard a few blocksabout a mile from Boardwalk Hall seems to have become available for a Friday->Sunday stay using rewards points sometime over the past week. Now if parking at the Trump Plaza is still free, this will be my cheapest ECAC Championship weekend ever, even counting gas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2012 08:41AM by Kyle Rose.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2012 10:00AM

Kyle Rose
For all y'all's info, the Marriott Courtyard a few blocksabout a mile from Boardwalk Hall seems to have become available for a Friday->Sunday stay using rewards points sometime over the past week. Now if parking at the Trump Plaza is still free, this will be my cheapest ECAC Championship weekend ever, even counting gas.

Alas, I'm only about 20% of the way there points-wise. If only the ECAC tournament would occur after my next few business trips...

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2012 10:46AM

I just spoke to Gene in the Athletic Ticket Office. Tickets are now on sale at cornellbigredtickets.com. If you purchase that way you have to pick the tickets up at will-call, and you aren't given seat locations at time of purchase. The alternative is Ticketmaster, where you could purchase e-tickets, and would be given seat locations. Gene doesn't know what sections Cornell will be allocated. Ticketmaster did have seats in Sections 106 and 120 available.

I chose to purchase through Cornell, based on the fact that the total cost is about $10 per ticket less expensive that way, and everyone seems to be saying that it's easy to move around at these games. I probably would have been willing to pay a few bucks more to avoid having to deal with will-call, but $20 seemed excessive.

Date: March 12, 2012 10:47AM

andyw2100
I chose to purchase through Cornell, based on the fact that the total cost is about $10 per ticket less expensive that way, and everyone seems to be saying that it's easy to move around at these games. I probably would have been willing to pay a few bucks more to avoid having to deal with will-call, but $20 seemed excessive.

Will Call at Boardwalk Hall was a breeze and a pleasure last year; it should be easy enough to walk up late in the second game to avoid any lines, but the lines weren't even bad right before our semi last year.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 12, 2012 10:59AM

Beeeej

Will Call at Boardwalk Hall was a breeze and a pleasure last year; it should be easy enough to walk up late in the second game to avoid any lines, but the lines weren't even bad right before our semi last year.

Thanks, Beeeej. I'm hoping to get there in time to catch most, if not all of the first game, but it's good to know will-call should not be an issue.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2012 11:14AM

One more year on ECACH's Atlantic City contract.:-(

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 12, 2012 01:25PM

Beeeej
andyw2100

Late in the second game will avoid a lot of things.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2012 01:27PM

ajh258
I think Cornell students will get section 103/104, but I'm not 100% sure. Dartmouth sat in that section last year with the 2nd seed. We sat in 107/106 as the 3rd seed.

I will ask the ticket office tomorrow and will let you know.
Cornell ticket office does not have the tickets physically, so I had to order them online as will-call tickets. I have no idea where my seats are.

Date: March 12, 2012 01:40PM

Jim Hyla
Beeeej
andyw2100

Late in the second game will avoid a lot of things.

Whoops. Man, I'm really hitting my stride today.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: dbilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 12, 2012 02:36PM

Is Cornell ticket office only selling the two-game package?

Date: March 12, 2012 03:04PM

dbilmes
Is Cornell ticket office only selling the two-game package?

No, the individual days are available too.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 12, 2012 05:55PM

Beeeej
andyw2100

Will Call at Boardwalk Hall was a breeze and a pleasure last year;

With the possible exception that the entrace doorway to the ticket windows smelled like urine.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2012 11:19PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Beeeej
andyw2100

With the possible exception that the entrance doorway to the ticket windows smelled like urine.
Not enough breeze, eh?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 13, 2012 07:51AM

David Harding
Jeff Hopkins '82
Beeeej
andyw2100

With the possible exception that the entrance doorway to the ticket windows smelled like urine.
Not enough breeze, eh?

Not even close.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login