Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Alumni in the Pros: March 2012

Posted by David Harding 
Cornell Alumni in the Pros: March 2012
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2012 05:49PM

Time Marches on...whistle

Re: Cornell Alumni in the Pros: March 2012
Posted by: Roy 82 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 04, 2012 02:58PM

David Harding
Time Marches on...whistle

Ide agree.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com)
Date: March 04, 2012 10:21PM

Greening continues to move down the lineup. This author wonders whether last year's lengthy season hurt his productivity.

[www.the6thsens.com]

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 04, 2012 10:39PM

ebilmes
Greening continues to move down the lineup. This author wonders whether last year's lengthy season hurt his productivity.

[www.the6thsens.com]

Greening basically skated on the 4th line tonight with Condra and Konopka, and his -2 rating doesn't help. He wasn't blantantly to blame for either panther goal and did have some good shifts in the offense zone. Maybe if he had winked at me during warm-ups he would have had a better game....:-/

Greening did get a few spot shifts on Spezza's line and also on Turris's line when Michalek, Butler and Klinhammer were out, presumably with skate issues, . The ice at the BAC wasn't very good. Michalek lost an edge along the boards and it looked much worse (like couldn't skate leading one to think ACL/MCL).

I got a chance to display some of my collection of "random hockey trivia" in that after the game, some panther fans threw plastic rats on the ice. Some people were asking what that was all about so I got to explain how the 1996 panthers took Scott Mellanby's killing a rat in the locker room as a good luck omen for the Stanley Cup playoff run.

Date: March 06, 2012 08:18PM

Bobby Butler is out tonight for the Sens, so Colin Greening is reunited with Spezza and Michalek and has a goal and an assist and the first period isn't even over yet. banana

I guess the warm weather in Tampa is thawing out the Sens; Turris and Gonchar have also snapped their cold spells (and now 3-0 Ottawa).

Posted by: abbottfan (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2012 09:02PM

Greening just completed the Gordie Howe hat trick with a fight about halfway through the second

Date: March 06, 2012 09:07PM

abbottfan
Greening just completed the Gordie Howe hat trick with a fight about halfway through the second

It was Greening's forechecking that led to a Tampa roughing call and the ensuing fight. Ottawa got a PP on the exchange and scored. Greening didn't land too many punches, but didn't embarass himself either.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2012 10:39PM

Can someone explain how Scrivens hasn't been given more of a chance in Toronto given how bad Reimer and Gustavsson have been?

Posted by: cbuckser (---.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 07, 2012 01:35AM

css228
Can someone explain how Scrivens hasn't been given more of a chance in Toronto given how bad Reimer and Gustavsson have been?
James Mirtle, a Globe and Mail reporter, [url=]explained that Ben Scrivens appeared to lose confidence in himself during his previous stint with the Leafs[/url]. Mirtle has a background in hockey analytics, and he is not prone to making cliches.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 07, 2012 02:19AM

Doug Murray returned to the ice tonight after missing a number of games with a broken Adam's Apple (*cringe*). He had a pretty uneventful game from the box score and I only remember hearing his name once watching the third period. But it's good to see him back out there.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2012 02:06PM

Rita
abbottfan

It was Greening's forechecking that led to a Tampa roughing call and the ensuing fight. Ottawa got a PP on the exchange and scored. Greening didn't land too many punches, but didn't embarass himself either.
The game ended in a 7-3 rout for the Sens. Milan Michalek scored a natural hat trick (with the latter two goals being into the empty net) in the third period after the Lightning had scored to close the deficit to 4-3, but Greening was named the game's first star for his contributions. Have to figure he's at least earned another audition with decent linemates.

Lance Nethery signed as Assistant Coach for Team Suisse
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 07, 2012 02:20PM

Restoring the Cornell-Switzerland connection.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 07, 2012 03:38PM

KeithK
Doug Murray returned to the ice tonight after missing a number of games with a broken Adam's Apple (*cringe*). He had a pretty uneventful game from the box score and I only remember hearing his name once watching the third period. But it's good to see him back out there.

The less his name is associated with the current streak of Sharks hockey the better....

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 07, 2012 04:45PM

French Rage
KeithK

The less his name is associated with the current streak of Sharks hockey the better....

Actually, he also played Saturday against the Blues. I heard his name mentioned once in the third period - it was the Sharks' color guy singing his praises for playing a great game and bringing a lot of energy after the long absence. Sadly, by the time I tuned in the Blues were up 2 goals and just kind of controlled play the rest of the way through.

Re: Lance Nethery signed as Assistant Coach for Team Suisse
Date: March 08, 2012 12:50PM

As awesome as that link is, is it possible that maybe you meant it to be to something else?

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2012 01:44PM

Josh '99
As awesome as that link is, is it possible that maybe you meant it to be to something else?

See the subject line; JTW changed it for his post. Lance Nethery is the focus of his post.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 08, 2012 02:24PM

Beeeej
Josh '99

See the subject line; JTW changed it for his post. Lance Nethery is the focus of his post.
I understood that part, but I swear to god the last time I clicked through that link, it went to this story.

Date: March 08, 2012 02:25PM

Josh '99
Beeeej
Josh '99

I understood that part, but I swear to god the last time I clicked through that link, it went to this story.

Okay, now that's funny.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jtn27 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 08, 2012 03:10PM

Josh '99
Beeeej
Josh '99

And it still does go to that story.

Posted by: ugarte (66.9.23.---)
Date: March 08, 2012 04:39PM

Beeeej
Josh '99
Beeeej
Josh '99

Okay, now that's funny.
Hockey Bird is angry! If you don't allow him to get his aggression out with fighting he will be forced to get chippy with his stick, you stupid pigs.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 08, 2012 04:46PM

jtn27
Josh '99
Beeeej
Josh '99

And what story would that be?

Date: March 08, 2012 04:57PM

Roy 82
jtn27
Josh '99
Beeeej
Josh '99

And what story would that be?

Never mind.

Re: Cornell Alumni in the Pros: March 2012 - Moulson 3/8 vs Devils
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 09, 2012 02:23AM

In the 5-1 loss at New Jersey Thursday 3/8, Matt Moulson was -2, had 4 shots (most of the Isles), and looked good around the net. He played 21 minutes.

As a Devils occasional attendee (half dozen games a year), it's depressing how many empty seats there are. We got $30 tickets that included a $10 food credit and T-shirt. Attendance looks even worse because the lower level seats between the blue lines have private lounges in back of the seats and maybe half those fans spend the game there, so the best seats are half-empty. Box score said attendance was 14,573 vs. capacity 17,625.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 09, 2012 01:06PM

I go to 5 or so Devils games a year and always on a promotion (never full price). Totally agree on the generally weak crowd. In some ways it's a more entertaining brand of hockey than it used to be. My sense is you'll always be fighting an uphill battle given the Rangers popularity. For a long time, the Devils were very consistent winners and attendance was still a problem. I like the new arena but I don't like driving to Newark, that's probably another issue along with ticket prices.

At least it's not hard getting seats when you want to go. rolleyes

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 09, 2012 01:39PM

RatushnyFan
My sense is you'll always be fighting an uphill battle given the Rangers popularity.
I could be worse. You could be a fan of the third team in the area who are so irrelevant they don't even rate a mention. :(

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 09, 2012 01:58PM

Trotsky
RatushnyFan
My sense is you'll always be fighting an uphill battle given the Rangers popularity.
I could be worse. You could be a fan of the third team in the area who are so irrelevant they don't even rate a mention. :(

The Bridgeport Sound Tigers?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: March 09, 2012 02:21PM

French Rage
Trotsky
RatushnyFan

No, the future Kansas City something-or-others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2012 02:22PM by jtn27.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 09:10PM

Moulson nets #29 vs. NYR.

Date: March 12, 2012 02:52PM

jtn27
French Rage
Trotsky
RatushnyFan

No, the future Kansas City something-or-others.
I thought he meant Princeton.

Date: March 12, 2012 02:55PM

jeff '84
Moulson nets #29 vs. NYR.
A vexing trend. Moulson has 20 points in 19 career games vs. the Rangers, his most against any team.

Putting aside the fact that he plays for the Islanders, though, it's great to see him on the verge of his third straight 30-goal season, and he's already set a career high with 58 points.

Date: March 12, 2012 03:32PM

Josh '99
A vexing trend. Moulson has 20 points in 19 career games vs. the Rangers, his most against any team.
Where by "vexing" you mean "making it even more enjoyable."

OTOH, what is our record in those 19 games? Even with that jump start on scoring I would be shocked if it was over .500*.

(* counting OT losses as losses and shoot-out decisions as ties, as all right-thinking people do)
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2012 03:35PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: nshapiro (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 12, 2012 04:16PM

Along those right-thinking lines, why doesn't the NHL scrap the stupid system and go to 5 points for a game, splitting them:
5-0 for a regulation win
4-1 for an OT win
3-2 for a shootout win

Posted by: kingpin248 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 12, 2012 04:19PM

Trotsky
Josh '99
Where by "vexing" you mean "making it even more enjoyable."

OTOH, what is our record in those 19 games? Even with that jump start on scoring I would be shocked if it was over .500*.

(* counting OT losses as losses and shoot-out decisions as ties, as all right-thinking people do)

The first game was in '07-'08 when Moulson was with the Kings. In the 18 games against the Rangers in his three seasons with the Isles, they're 6-11-1.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: March 12, 2012 04:45PM

nshapiro
Along those right-thinking lines, why doesn't the NHL scrap the stupid system and go to:
2-0 for a win
1-1 for a tie

FYP.

Posted by: nshapiro (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 12, 2012 04:52PM

I agree completely...but shootout is here to stay, and creating an extra point for a game that goes into overtime is bogus.

Date: March 12, 2012 04:58PM

nshapiro
I agree completely...but shootout is here to stay, and creating an extra point for a game that goes into overtime is bogus.
If they want to go as far as the 5-point system you suggest, they could at least go to 3 for winning a hockey game, 2 for winning a shootout, 1 for losing a shootout, and 0 for losing a hockey game.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: March 12, 2012 05:39PM

RichH
nshapiro
Along those right-thinking lines, why doesn't the NHL scrap the stupid system and go to:
2-0 for a win
1-1 for a tie

FYP.

Thank you. I hate that a game becomes worth more points because it goes to OT. You want points? Then win or tie the game. The losing team should get zip, regardless of when they lost.

Posted by: nr53 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2012 06:10PM

Josh '99
nshapiro
If they want to go as far as the 5-point system you suggest, they could at least go to 3 for winning a hockey game, 2 for winning a shootout, 1 for losing a shootout, and 0 for losing a hockey game.

I'm a fan of this as well. Losing in overtime should not be rewarded in any way.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2012 08:26PM

nshapiro
but shootout is here to stay

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Date: March 12, 2012 09:28PM

Ryan O'Byrne is back in the line-up for Colorado and just picked up an assist on the Avalanche's first goal. banana banana

Date: March 14, 2012 08:50AM

Josh '99
Putting aside the fact that he plays for the Islanders, though, it's great to see him on the verge of his third straight 30-goal season, and he's already set a career high with 58 points.
Make it 30 goals and 59 points. I watched for a bit last night, he looks great. Great nose for the net and his skating looks significantly improved compared to when he first broke into the league. He looked good with Tavares 4x4 during OT. Now if only the Islanders could learn to hold onto 4-1 leads late in the second period......

Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: March 14, 2012 08:41PM

Greening picked up his fourteenth goal of the season in the first period against Montreal tonight.

Posted by: abbottfan (---.sub-174-254-161.myvzw.com)
Date: March 16, 2012 09:23PM

Greening just scored his 15th goal of the season against Montreal.

Date: March 17, 2012 10:57AM

Nice interview on NHL Tonight for Greening as well, lots of airtime!

He also stood up for himself against PK Subban, it was a strong effort throughout the game.

Don't Mess With Me

Date: March 18, 2012 01:23AM

abbottfan
Greening just scored his 15th goal of the season against Montreal.

Greening is on a roll, picking #16 in a 3-1 to Toronto on Saturday night.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: March 20, 2012 09:28PM

Fun fact-
With 2 goals tonight, Matt Moulson is one away from #100 for his NHL career total.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 09:29PM by Cactus12.

Date: March 24, 2012 08:53PM

Moulson just knocked in #33.

That's #100 career!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 08:56PM by jeff '84.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2012 03:08AM

Greening had a goal and an assist in Ottawa's 8-4 shellacking of the Pens.

Posted by: abbottfan (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2012 02:26PM

Last night was also Greening's 100th game in Ottawa. He played a great game.

Date: March 28, 2012 08:26PM

Matt Moulson getting Lady Byng consideration:

[www.newsday.com]

Trophy Tracker: Moulson favorite for Lady Byng (from February)

[www.nhl.com]

Posted by: sah67 (---.ornith.cornell.edu)
Date: March 29, 2012 10:43AM

Ben Scrivens was called up by the Leafs today, with Jussi Rynnas being sent back down to the Marlies.

Posted by: profudge (---.dr04.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 29, 2012 11:01AM

ESPN.com NHL
Sharks D Douglas Murray apparently was injured during the first period. The team didn't immediately update his condition. ...

Hope Douglas is back very soon.

Posted by: TheMatrix (---.ccmr.cornell.edu)
Date: March 29, 2012 01:22PM

Collins has officially signed a 2 year entry level contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets. He was 187th overall in the 2008 Entry Draft.
[bluejackets.nhl.com]

Posted by: sah67 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 29, 2012 02:50PM

sah67
Ben Scrivens was called up by the Leafs today, with Jussi Rynnas being sent back down to the Marlies.

And just like that, Scrivens is sent back down and Rynnas is brought up without Ben even dressing for a game. Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said it was a "reward" for Scrivens so that he could earn NHL money for a day.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: March 29, 2012 03:06PM

sah67
sah67

And just like that, Scrivens is sent back down and Rynnas is brought up without Ben even dressing for a game. Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said it was a "reward" for Scrivens so that he could earn NHL money for a day.

Now he can buy quite a few cups of coffee at his local Tim Horton's. Guess Ben will be bringing the donuts to his next Marlies team meeting. :-P

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 29, 2012 06:06PM

Rita
sah67
sah67

Now he can buy quite a few cups of coffee at his local Tim Horton's. Guess Ben will be bringing the donuts to his next Marlies team meeting. :-P

Ah, that's a shame. I was hoping to see him on TV tonight (Flyers play the Leafs).

Date: March 29, 2012 06:13PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

Ah, that's a shame. I was hoping to see him on TV tonight (Flyers play the Leafs).
It would have been, but at least I don't have conflicting interests now.

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.altnpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 29, 2012 06:33PM

css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

I would have had no conflicting loyalties in that game. :-D

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: March 29, 2012 06:46PM

Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

Note that I said interests, not loyalties. I woulda hope for Ben to play well and then Claude to pull that sick dangle for the third time this year against Toronto (He also did it preseason)

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 29, 2012 06:59PM

sah67
sah67

To be clear, they didn't call him up just to give him NHL money out of the goodness of the hearts. They needed a goalie for practice, although they could've kept Rynnas for that purpose.

Date: March 29, 2012 07:02PM

css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

Note that I said interests, not loyalties. I woulda hope for Ben to play well and then Claude to pull that sick dangle for the third time this year against Toronto (He also did it preseason)

I just wanted to seize on one of the rare opportunities to support Toronto unequivocally. Such opportunities are few and far between for Sabres fans. Were it Scrivens at Toronto against Buffalo, I would hope that both Miller and Scrivens played an amazing game and be contented with whichever outcome resulted.

Scrivens was amazing to watch at Cornell.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: March 29, 2012 07:21PM

Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

I just wanted to seize on one of the rare opportunities to support Toronto unequivocally. Such opportunities are few and far between for Sabres fans. Were it Scrivens at Toronto against Buffalo, I would hope that both Miller and Scrivens played an amazing game and be contented with whichever outcome resulted.

I'm totally pro-Scrivens, but I could never root unequivocally for Toronto. Not after they employed Tie Domi...

Date: March 29, 2012 07:28PM

css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

I'm totally pro-Scrivens, but I could never root unequivocally for Toronto. Not after they employed Tie Domi...

Avoiding the joke about a fan of the Broad Street Bullies disliking a team for its employment of an enforcer.

I've put off buying a Scrivens NHL jersey (I own a game-worn Cornell one) in case that he ends up with a more palatable franchise.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: bnr24 (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 29, 2012 07:39PM

Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

Avoiding the joke about a fan of the Broad Street Bullies disliking a team for its employment of an enforcer.

I've put off buying a Scrivens NHL jersey (I own a game-worn Cornell one) in case that he ends up with a more palatable franchise.
Uh huh. Like you're not going to have Scrivens jerseys from every team he plays for (excepting maybe one).

Date: March 29, 2012 09:31PM

sah67
sah67

Ben may be back in the Air Canada Center real soon. Gustavsson got hurt in warm-ups tonight and couldn't play.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 29, 2012 09:41PM

abbottfan
Ottawa's Greening Prepared for the Long Haul

Greening credited much of his success last season to his decision to play a full collegiate career at Cornell. Now, he can also thank his time with the B-Sens for making him the player he is today.
"This time last year, there were about seven or eight of us that we're getting shipped up and down, driving all night to get back to Binghamton and driving all day to get here to Ottawa. Those kinds of experience are very, very important when you look at back it. Everyone's tired this time of year, because we've gotten banged up, but we went through that last year, really pushing to get that playoff spot. Those experiences really, really help us, especially right now."

Date: March 29, 2012 11:08PM

profudge
ESPN.com NHL
Sharks D Douglas Murray apparently was injured during the first period. The team didn't immediately update his condition. ...

Hope Douglas is back very soon.

He is out for tonight's game v. the Coyotes due to a "lower body injury".

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 30, 2012 07:57AM

bnr24
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

Uh huh. Like you're not going to have Scrivens jerseys from every team he plays for (excepting maybe one).

Good thing Ben wasn't playing. The Leafs left Rynnas hung out to dry. 7-1 Flyers.

Posted by: css228 (---.sub-166-248-24.myvzw.com)
Date: March 30, 2012 10:17AM

Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

Has nothing to do with him being an enforcer and everything with being the Rob Artest of hockey.

Date: March 30, 2012 11:41AM

css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

Has nothing to do with him being an enforcer and everything with being the Rob Artest of hockey.
Ron Artest.

Posted by: css228 (---.sub-166-248-24.myvzw.com)
Date: March 30, 2012 12:05PM

Josh '99
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

Ron Artest.
Wow that typo was bad.

Date: March 30, 2012 12:06PM

css228
Josh '99
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

Ron Artest.
Wow that typo was bad.

Wow that typo was nad.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: March 30, 2012 01:07PM

Josh '99
css228
Ron Artest.
Metta World Peace.

Posted by: judy (65.172.13.---)
Date: March 30, 2012 01:24PM

Ben
Josh '99
css228
Ron Artest.
Metta World Peace.

Metta World Peace appeared on

Dancing with the Stars.

Tie Domi was on

Battle of the Blades.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 30, 2012 03:51PM

Congratulations. I now think that every current thread in this forum with more than 10 posts is off topic.

banana banana banana

Date: March 30, 2012 03:58PM

ursusminor
Congratulations. I now think that every current thread in this forum with more than 10 posts is off topic.

banana banana banana
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

Date: March 30, 2012 04:03PM

ursusminor

banana banana banana

Have you seen the 2012-13 thread?

Date: March 30, 2012 04:16PM

jtn27
ursusminor

banana banana banana

The exception that proves the rule? ;-)

Date: March 30, 2012 04:19PM

Trotsky
ursusminor

banana banana banana
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

I didn't say that there was anything wrong with that. :-)

Edit: And I add that I was named after the author of that quote. (That should get this further off topic before the April thread starts.)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 04:22PM by ursusminor.

Date: March 30, 2012 10:42PM

ursusminor
jtn27
ursusminor

banana banana banana

The exception that proves the rule? ;-)

I have now sent that thread off topic. You are now correct. You're welcome.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2012 09:56AM

Scrivens recalled, as expected.

Just a guess, but I would think there's a decent chance he plays tonight considering how poorly Rynnas played in the last game. And even if he doesn't start, if Rynnas duplicates that performance, he'll get in.

Posted by: jts15 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2012 11:46AM

@jonasTSN1050: Gustavsson out tonight. Scrivens looks to be the starter with Rynnas backing up.

@markhmasters: Ben Scrivens in the home net (usually reserved for that night's starter) as morning skate begins
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2012 11:50AM by jts15.

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: March 31, 2012 07:36PM

css228
Aaron M. Griffin
css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
sah67
sah67

I guess that I am the one with conflicting loyalties tonight as Scrivens plays Miller and the Sabres. Should be interesting.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: March 31, 2012 08:19PM

abbottfan

Greening got some love from Don Cherry during the 1st intermission of tonight's HNIC. Surprising (to me), because I didn't think Cherry liked the "college kids". They had few clips of some of Colin's most recent goals.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 31, 2012 09:41PM

jts15
@jonasTSN1050: Gustavsson out tonight. Scrivens looks to be the starter with Rynnas backing up.

@markhmasters: Ben Scrivens in the home net (usually reserved for that night's starter) as morning skate begins

And Ben picks up the win! With a last-second save to clinch it.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 06:46AM

Rita
Greening got some love from Don Cherry during the 1st intermission of tonight's HNIC. Surprising (to me), because I didn't think Cherry liked the "college kids".
He's from Canada so that makes it OK.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2012 11:05AM

Trotsky
Rita
Greening got some love from Don Cherry during the 1st intermission of tonight's HNIC. Surprising (to me), because I didn't think Cherry liked the "college kids".

Does Don Cherry even realize Newfoundland is part of Canada now?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: April 01, 2012 12:35PM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Rita

Does Don Cherry even realize Newfoundland is part of Canada now?

I think so, because he was praising other "newfies" during that segment and he had to go there in 2011 when New Foundland / Labrador won Kraft Hockeyville. :-)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2012 01:59PM by Rita.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login