Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

February 3 RPI Game Viewing Locations

Posted by Aaron M. Griffin 
February 3 RPI Game Viewing Locations
Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2012 11:15PM

I am going to be in Philadelphia this coming Friday evening, February 3. I know that the RPI game is on NBC Sports Network. I was wondering if there is/can be/will be a gathering place for Cornell fans to watch the game in Philly. I figured that I might as well post this now, after a weekend like this, one cannot help but look to the future for better things.

Re: February 3 RPI Game Viewing Locations - Atlanta
Posted by: rmandel (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: January 29, 2012 09:28AM

Join the Cornell Atlanta Alumni Association as we watch the Cornell men’s hockey team take on RPI. The game is scheduled for Friday, February 3 at 7:30 PM. We have invited the RPI Alumni Club of Atlanta to join us.

Cornell Men’s Hockey vs RPI
Friday, February 3 at 7:30 PM

The Famous Pub
Toco Hills Shopping Center
2947 North Druid Hills Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 633-1425
www.famouspubsports.com

NOTE: The Famous Pub is now NON-SMOKING and family friendly!!!!
No event fee or cover. Everyone pays for their own food and beverage. Wear your RED!

Re: February 3 RPI Game Viewing Locations - Atlanta
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 29, 2012 10:57AM

rmandel
Join the Cornell Atlanta Alumni Association as we watch the Cornell men’s hockey team take on RPI. The game is scheduled for Friday, February 3 at 7:30 PM. We have invited the RPI Alumni Club of Atlanta to join us.

Cornell Men’s Hockey vs RPI
Friday, February 3 at 7:30 PM

The Famous Pub
Toco Hills Shopping Center
2947 North Druid Hills Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 633-1425
www.famouspubsports.com

NOTE: The Famous Pub is now NON-SMOKING and family friendly!!!!
No event fee or cover. Everyone pays for their own food and beverage. Wear your RED!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think of

this every time they see the name of that pub?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: February 3 RPI Game Viewing Locations
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 29, 2012 09:29PM

NBC Sports will just pick up the RPI feed.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 29, 2012 10:56PM

NorCal:

[www.cornellnorcal.com]

The RPI club has invited the Cornell club to join them at the Tied House in Mountain View (for those in the peninsula, that's where we had about 100 people watching the Sweet Sixteen game a couple years back.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 29, 2012 10:57PM

billhoward

I am pretty sure that they will use their own cameramen. When the local TV channel broadcasts games, they use their own cameramen. I wouldn't expect NBC to use a student club, although I suspect that RPI-TV would be up to it.

BTW, the DC RPI and Cornell alum orgs will be showing the game at the Crystal City Sports Pub in Arlington. I'll watch from the comfort of home.

Date: January 29, 2012 11:32PM

I keed.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2012 05:31AM

ursusminor
billhoward

I am pretty sure that they will use their own cameramen. When the local TV channel broadcasts games, they use their own cameramen. I wouldn't expect NBC to use a student club, although I suspect that RPI-TV would be up to it.

BTW, the DC RPI and Cornell alum orgs will be showing the game at the Crystal City Sports Pub in Arlington. I'll watch from the comfort of home.

Ralph,

Take this joke as both a tip of the hat to RPI TV and a rip on the horrible Redcast that we endure from Lynah. This respect for RPI TV has been reiterated by Bill and some other regular board users (including me).

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 30, 2012 07:52AM

marty
ursusminor
billhoward

Ralph,

Take this joke as both a tip of the hat to RPI TV and a rip on the horrible Redcast that we endure from Lynah. This respect for RPI TV has been reiterated by Bill and some other regular board users (including me).

See, we can be polite to guests. One of our own would have just got a "whoosh" in reply (probably followed by jerk/typical rolleyes)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 30, 2012 10:34AM

I'll probably just watch at home (now that I know for certain I actually get the channel airing the game), unless I hear from someone that there's an actual NYC plan. Now that I'm in Brooklyn, I'm probably not the ideal guy to make those arrangements anymore.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: January 30, 2012 01:42PM

jtwcornell91
marty
ursusminor
billhoward

Ralph,

See, we can be polite to guests. One of our own would have just got a "whoosh" in reply (probably followed by jerk/typical rolleyes)

Aw, gee. B-]

Posted by: ugarte (66.9.23.---)
Date: January 30, 2012 03:01PM

jtwcornell91
marty
ursusminor
billhoward

Ralph,

On the other hand, Ralph's been around here long enough that he's one of us even though he roots for the wrong team.

So... "whoosh!"

Posted by: releck97 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 30, 2012 07:22PM

The Chapter House will throw it on their massive flat screen.cheer

Posted by: snert1288 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 31, 2012 11:09PM

I am actually going to be on Long Island for a few years and wanted to know if you guys had heard of the Cornell Club out here ever getting together to watch these games. I don't think I have NBC Sports, and would prefer to watch with other Cornellians instead of the random friends I hit up with cable. Thanks.

Date: February 01, 2012 09:05AM

releck97
The Chapter House will throw it on their massive flat screen.cheer
For those who haven't been there lately, how massive is massive?

Posted by: Cornell95 (---.natick.army.mil)
Date: February 03, 2012 11:59AM

Greater Boston area

There is a strong likelihood I will be catching the game at Firefly's in Framingham
Very average BBQ and draft beer list, and the bartenders are non-attentive and dont know anything about the channel packages they have

But they have 4 large screens over the bar area and seem willing to put on the games if I know the channel
Last week there was a live band starting up during the 3rd period... they didnt suck

For those of you with a decent cable pkg or heading out to the bars

Dish Network 151 (SD/HD)
DirecTV 603 (SD/HD)

Comcast Boston 65 / 865
RCN Cable - 382 / 691
Verizon Fios (Boston) - 90 / 590

No Keeding Now
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 05, 2012 11:16AM

billhoward
I keed.

I know that this will make Bill's head explode but his kidding became reality albeit a day later.

The Time Warner Cable game live broadcast on Channel One in the Capital District on Saturday night was the "Big Red Freakout". This game marked a first for RPI hockey as the live cable offering on TW was not broadcast by the Time Warner crew.

Intro

Credits

The game rebroadcasts were scheduled for Sunday at 6PM and Monday 2/6 at 7:30PM. When using Channel One for local sports Time Warner has no HD available. Ch. 3 and Ch. 1803 are being used for the replays and the HD on 1803 looked fine for the few seconds that I watched on Sunday.

I don't know if you might be able to catch the replay in areas outside of the Capital District.

There is also a good chance that this will be available on demand from Time Warner (in addition to being available on demand at RPITV.org.) If so those in the area may have to dig through the menus as TW has large issues with essentially hiding games. (i.e., Some of the RIP games are listed under the Onion menu.)
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2012 06:41AM by marty.

Date: February 07, 2012 04:01PM

I don't think that anyone except a Toothpaste fan would watch it, but the RPI-Colgate game is now avaiable [www.rpitv.org].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login