Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Red Cast Really Sucks

Posted by flyersgolf 
Page: Previous1 2 34Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Red Cast Really Sucks (now in HD)
Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: September 04, 2012 03:51PM

Jacob '06

Football, sprint football, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's ice hockey, wrestling and men's and women's lacrosse will have all home games/dual meets broadcast on RedCast, with audio also available for road contests for football, men's basketball and men's lacrosse contests. Additionally, select events in other sports will also be made available for broadcast on a game-by-game basis. A men's soccer package that includes audio only will be available for home games. Additional contests are expected to be added, with volleyball, baseball, gymnastics and other sports likely to have games broadcast.

No road audio for hockey, or is that just an oversight?

An oversight, it seems. It now lists men's ice hockey:

Football, sprint football, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's ice hockey, wrestling and men's and women's lacrosse will have all home games/dual meets broadcast on RedCast, with audio also available for road contests for football, men's basketball, men's ice hockey and men's lacrosse contests. Additionally, select events in other sports will also be made available for broadcast on a game-by-game basis. A men's soccer package that includes audio only will be available for home games. Additional contests are expected to be added, with volleyball, baseball, gymnastics and other sports likely to have games broadcast.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: September 04, 2012 04:03PM

Jacob '06

Football, sprint football, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's ice hockey, wrestling and men's and women's lacrosse will have all home games/dual meets broadcast on RedCast, with audio also available for road contests for football, men's basketball and men's lacrosse contests. Additionally, select events in other sports will also be made available for broadcast on a game-by-game basis. A men's soccer package that includes audio only will be available for home games. Additional contests are expected to be added, with volleyball, baseball, gymnastics and other sports likely to have games broadcast.

No road audio for hockey, or is that just an oversight?
It better be, or they are going to need bomb detection equipment.

Re: Red Cast Really Sucks
Posted by: flyersgolf (---.dhcp.gnvl.sc.charter.com)
Date: September 04, 2012 11:57PM

Wow, good news. Thanks to all who wrote letters. Now will there be growing pains with this new system? Will we be allowed to plug in an hdmi cable on applicable devices and watch on a big screen?

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 05, 2012 12:07AM

flyersgolf
Will we be allowed to plug in an hdmi cable on applicable devices and watch on a big screen?
They really can't stop you on that one. Even if they can, I don't see why they would go to the trouble of programming the new Red Cast so it wouldn't transfer through an HDMI cable to your big screen. If anything its just going to be that the quality, as always, won't fail to disappoint.

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: September 18, 2012 10:26AM

Anyone watch sprint football friday to see what the quality is like (or to watch a five hour game)? It doesn't look like it's archived...help

Also, either I'm getting really old or the new interface is tough to look at/navigate.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 18, 2012 10:30AM

I watched ten or fifteen minutes of the game last week. The quality of the stream was certainly a significant step up from the hockey redcast last year. I didn't try watching any of the video on my phone or tablet, I'll probably try it out on a football game some time in the next few weeks.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 18, 2012 02:58PM

I watched a good chunk of what turned out to be a wild game. Broadcast quality is far superior to what we've been used to. More cameera angles as well. My only real complaint is that the director should stick with the "longer" view camera that takes in more of the field. Far too often they go with the close-up cameras and we end up missing part of the play.

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 18, 2012 04:59PM

200% better than any sprint video I watched in the past. I was heading out the door to attend the game when I heard thunder. Saved me hanging around for what turned out to be a 2 hr weather delay. So I particularly appreciated the fact that I could drink beer in my jammies in my living room to watch a pretty decent Redcast broadcast of the game.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: September 18, 2012 05:11PM

dag14
I particularly appreciated the fact that I could drink beer in my jammies in my living room to watch a pretty decent Redcast broadcast of the game.

Oh, like you can't do that at the game...

Date: September 18, 2012 09:04PM

Since I am no longer an undergrad, I wouldn't do jammies at a football game....

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 19, 2012 04:46PM

dag14
Trotsky
dag14
I particularly appreciated the fact that I could drink beer in my jammies in my living room to watch a pretty decent Redcast broadcast of the game.
Oh, like you can't do that at the game...
Since I am no longer an undergrad, I wouldn't do jammies at a football game....
Not to mention what a mess a football game would probably make in your living room.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 21, 2012 05:42PM

Chris '03
Anyone watch sprint football friday to see what the quality is like (or to watch a five hour game)? It doesn't look like it's archived...help

Also, either I'm getting really old or the new interface is tough to look at/navigate.
Still not archived. Video quality may be improved, but service isn't.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 21, 2012 09:30PM

Does anyone here know how hard it would be for Redcast to make their signal available on the Roku box?

Posted by: munchkin (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 22, 2012 08:21AM

marty
Does anyone here know how hard it would be for Redcast to make their signal available on the Roku box?
That would make me incredibly happy if someone knows how to set up a private channel for that, or just knows the steps to make it happen individually. I use Plex Media Server for files that are on my computer to stream, but that doesn't work with live streaming events.

Posted by: TimV (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 22, 2012 03:50PM

Uhhh, Whut???

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: September 22, 2012 04:48PM

You're never going to be able to extract the stream to another service without the Flash layer handling authentication. You might be able to use something like Jaksta to archive the stream as it's coming in and if you can directly share that file out yourself you may be able to make something work.

Or if you have a recent Mac and an AppleTV you could just use AirPlay to stream your whole display to your TV ;)

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-192-15.myvzw.com)
Date: September 22, 2012 06:56PM

marty

My point here is that if it were available on Roku and Apple TV they should be able to increase the audience. How hard this is would determine if it was economically viable.

Date: September 24, 2012 09:40PM

marty
marty

My point here is that if it were available on Roku and Apple TV they should be able to increase the audience. How hard this is would determine if it was economically viable.
Its probably more of a question of whether or not it'd be worth Roku's time to maintain the channel (i.e. would it bring in enough new users). My initial instinct is no, but given some of the other stuff they have on there...

Date: September 28, 2012 07:22PM

Trying to get my first taste of "new" redcast. Anyone else trying to watch sprint football? It's really choppy for me. Not watchable at all.

Date: September 28, 2012 07:32PM

Chris '03
Trying to get my first taste of "new" redcast. Anyone else trying to watch sprint football? It's really choppy for me. Not watchable at all.
That may have something to do with the weather around here tonight.

Date: September 28, 2012 08:21PM

The sprint feed is horrible. And live stats shows the Columbia final football score from last year....

Date: September 28, 2012 08:23PM

No video now for football.

Volleyball looks like an aging VHS cassette.

Date: September 28, 2012 08:30PM

When I was watching the sprint video it showed no score. Linking to live stats via the sprint football schedule, live stats shows Cornell up 20-0 as the second half starts.

Still no video even though second half has started. And the weather is not that bad. It is drizzling with no lightning, etc.

Date: September 28, 2012 08:44PM

dag14
When I was watching the sprint video it showed no score. Linking to live stats via the sprint football schedule, live stats shows Cornell up 20-0 as the second half starts.

Still no video even though second half has started. And the weather is not that bad. It is drizzling with no lightning, etc.

Choppy video back up. CU 20 PU 0, PU driving.

Date: September 28, 2012 08:45PM

Chris '03
dag14

Choppy video back up. CU 20 PU 0, PU driving.

...and scoring.

Date: September 28, 2012 08:53PM

dag14

Wouldn't know, I'm unfortunately too sick to actually go to the game or I'd be there.

Date: September 28, 2012 09:20PM

dag14
The sprint feed is horrible. And live stats shows the Columbia final football score from last year....
If there's any improvement I'm missing it. Cornell should be ashamed of the poor quality.cuss

Date: September 28, 2012 09:31PM

Al DeFlorio
dag14
If there's any improvement I'm missing it. Cornell should be ashamed of the poor quality.cuss

At least the CU twitter feed has updates... but they're waaaaaay ahead of the redcast "feed."

22-15, onside kick coming 1:44 to go.

Date: September 28, 2012 09:36PM

And the feed died again.

The more things change...

Date: September 28, 2012 09:36PM

Chris '03
Al DeFlorio
dag14

At least the CU twitter feed has updates... but they're waaaaaay ahead of the redcast "feed."

22-15, onside kick coming 1:44 to go.
Response from Sidearm:

"We apologize for the choppiness and have been attempting all night to resolve this issue. We can refund your pass if you would like."

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 29, 2012 01:10PM

Hoping last night was an aberation for the "new and improved" redcast. The first sprint game had none of the technical problems we saw last night.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-192-14.myvzw.com)
Date: October 06, 2012 07:49PM

The first RPI TV streaming of the season is on the air. For those who can't wait to see the Goofers play on Fox later tonight, tune in and enjoy.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 18, 2012 07:21AM

Chris '03
[cornellbigred.com]

"RedCast has added multi-bitrate streams that work similar to ESPN3 broadcasts"

Now in HD and on mobile devices.

Let's see how quickly it fails!

Wait!!
I love the Skype quality video!! Especially on a Retina display iPad!!!!

bang

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-192-15.myvzw.com)
Date: October 18, 2012 09:35AM

Johnny 5
Chris '03
[cornellbigred.com]

"RedCast has added multi-bitrate streams that work similar to ESPN3 broadcasts"

Now in HD and on mobile devices.

Let's see how quickly it fails!

Wait!!
I love the Skype quality video!! Especially on a Retina display iPad!!!!

bang

Could you possibly bring the iPad to the games and Skype it to me?demented

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: October 19, 2012 11:53AM

Glad I didn't believe the press and buy a season pass. When others confirm the video of actual hockey games is more reliable and looks decent, then I'll give them some money.

Fool me twice... can't get fooled again.

Date: October 19, 2012 12:08PM

What gets me most this year is that the archiving is worse than ever. There are literally two archived videos from the fall season. One of which is the Princeton sprint game that was unwatchable. At least in the past there was a reasonable expectation that if you miss a game you can watch it later. I have little faith that will be the case this year.

Date: October 19, 2012 07:03PM

7:04 and no Redcast. Business as usual.

Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 19, 2012 07:06PM

No audio, no video, nothing. The usual. Congrats. Consistency year to year.

Date: October 19, 2012 07:09PM

Stats do work though.

Date: October 19, 2012 07:10PM

I "contacted" Sidearm at 6:40 and they said the game starts at 7. Then they put up an "announcement" to that effect on the Redcast page. 7:08 and still no audio or video.

Funny I never get this wretched service when I watch away games at other schools' webcast providers (e.g., Bucknell football).

Posted by: Tom14850 (---.urmc.rochester.edu)

are you guys getting the stupid subscription ordering popup every time you click on the video box for the under 18 game?

Tom14850
are you guys getting the stupid subscription ordering popup every time you click on the video box for the under 18 game?
No. That might even be progress!help

Date: October 19, 2012 07:14PM

I had problems watching soccer at Colgate. No video until about 20 min into the game after we had scored a goal. Must be an upstate NY sidearm phenomenon.

Date: October 19, 2012 07:19PM

This is indemic of how companies are run in this country today. Do you think they even tried this service out before tonight? Year after year sidearm gets paid, why?

Date: October 19, 2012 07:24PM

Well it finally came on. Very jittery picture.

Posted by: MattShaf (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 19, 2012 07:43PM

Hey at least I can watch on my ipad this year! Video quality is above average through quiktime.
Matt

Posted by: lhayes (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 19, 2012 07:45PM

(never mind -- got it)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 08:01PM by lhayes.

Date: October 19, 2012 08:00PM

lhayes
Just viewing the new interface for the first time. Is it possible get the video to be full screen? I can get the redcast page to be full screen, but half of it is stats

(Not sure if it's worth it to watch the video anyway -- the zamboni has been jumping around the rink.)
click the box with red arrows in the lower right corner

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 20, 2012 10:32AM

this an athletic dept snaufu as much as anything.. if they want a good product they have to care and clearly they dont, just another in the long line of issues that dept has

Date: October 20, 2012 01:26PM

Brown football webcast started on time. No choppiness. Plenty of replays. Fair picture quality. Excellent sound. Announcers not too annoying. And for $8 you can watch all day. [Soccer after football today.]

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 20, 2012 09:46PM

Brock Hockey was fine on my setup tonight. Fairly sharp, ran smoothly. I like the roster with stats on screen, but the clock in that frame doesnt run realtime, and the power play on the five minute major looked as bad it looked on the old Redcast. Overall much better aside from the archiving issues already pointed out. I checked the Harvard lacrosse game on the archives and that resolution was horrible. [Pointing left, then right] GOOD Redcast....BAD Redcast...

Date: October 22, 2012 08:05PM

I watched Brock on my wired computer, it was grainy and choppy.. had to switch over to my kindle Fire HD using wireless and it was crystal clear and the picture was twice as big then fed the HDMI out to my 55" TV and it was great as well

Date: October 22, 2012 10:43PM

upprdeck
I watched Brock on my wired computer, it was grainy and choppy.. had to switch over to my kindle Fire HD using wireless and it was crystal clear and the picture was twice as big then fed the HDMI out to my 55" TV and it was great as well
Yes, much better video on my ASUS tablet than laptop. Will have to try HDMI to TV.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 23, 2012 09:01PM

Just watched the women beat SLU 5-1. The Redcast on my pc looked good, hopefully they are going to be getting better. Both that is.

Date: October 26, 2012 06:42PM

Video is up... and crappy. But they seem to be trying to get the clock to be displayed, which would be nice.

Date: October 26, 2012 06:52PM

I see roughly the same quality (not HD) on both Android and my desktop. It looks smoother on Android, and less blurry simply because the screen is smaller. They still have work to do.

Date: October 26, 2012 07:00PM

I love how my stream was interrupted to let me know Sprint football is back. Thanks, guys. rolleyes

Date: October 26, 2012 07:03PM

I really have to wonder if anyone at Sidearm or the AD actually uses their own product. It has really fundamental usability issues that should be caught in about 15 minutes of user testing. I repeat something I said on Facebook a few days ago: "If you talk to people who actually write software, you find that computers are the way they are because writing software is neat. Programmers don't actually care what users think."

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 26, 2012 07:22PM

Internet stream from CC. Crystal clear:

[www2.coloradocollege.edu]

Edit: audio, that is
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2012 08:14PM by jeff '84.

Date: October 26, 2012 07:53PM

None HD picture tonight, same picture as all previous years. I think every time the camera pans left the plug comes out and the screen goes black. I have finally just started to laugh about this service. My guess is no ones job is on the line concerning any part of this production.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2012 07:54PM by flyersgolf.

Posted by: niss (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 26, 2012 08:13PM

This has to be a joke. I can't even get the thing to work, on any browser. No video, no sound. Yet a pop up box tells me when I log on that "all technical difficulties have been fixed". Yeah right.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 26, 2012 08:47PM

jeff '84
Internet stream from CC. Crystal clear:

[www2.coloradocollege.edu]

Edit: audio, that is

Very good announcer.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 26, 2012 10:30PM

Kyle Rose
Programmers don't actually care what users think."

Speak for yourself!

Date: October 26, 2012 10:40PM

CowbellGuy
Kyle Rose
Programmers don't actually care what users think."

Speak for yourself!
I'm speaking empirically. Of course I care what my users think, but I'm a single developer with a user base of about 100. From experience in larger organizations, I know this attitude dominates: developers *claim* to care what users think, but they don't act in accordance with that, which means they don't really care.

Date: October 27, 2012 09:21AM

i will second that.. stay around cornell enough and you can see it.. programmers think everyone "think" like they do but dont bother to actually find out. Its also a case of the only thoughts that matter is how fast can i get this done.

Date: October 27, 2012 11:00AM

upprdeck
i will second that.. stay around cornell enough and you can see it.. programmers think everyone "think" like they do but dont bother to actually find out. Its also a case of the only thoughts that matter is how fast can i get this done.

And I'll give it a third. Being in the middle of switching to EMR (electronic medical records) I'm sure that the systems were never tested in the real world. Three, out of six, of us have quit trying to use the system, and have gone back to straight dictating and have the transcriptionists stick them into the proper sections. The systems look like they were developed to fill in all the blanks so you could bill the maximum code possible. They are not meant to maximize patient care.

I know there are good systems out there, the VA has one; but those were developed in house by large organization like Mayo and Cleveland Clinic. What a difference it might make if the software designers would just spend a week with a group of MDs as they see patients.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 27, 2012 11:25AM

Jim Hyla
The systems look like they were developed to fill in all the blanks so you could bill the maximum code possible.

Medicare Bills Rise as Records Turn Electronic

Posted by: cmoberg (---.public.wayport.net)
Date: October 27, 2012 11:46AM

While I was the Director of System Services at Georgetown Hospital we developed a partial EMR in the early/mid 90s! Best features, IMHO, were the bedside order entry and results reporting (the platform was cutting edge client server with Sun Workstations, SQL back ends, and legacy anciallary system interfaces). Our design assertion was that cost savings came from directly presenting the ordering physician quick and full access to med and test orders and results from past outpatient and in patient episodes or care.

Date: October 27, 2012 12:07PM

cmoberg
While I was the Director of System Services at Georgetown Hospital we developed a partial EMR in the early/mid 90s! Best features, IMHO, were the bedside order entry and results reporting (the platform was cutting edge client server with Sun Workstations, SQL back ends, and legacy anciallary system interfaces). Our design assertion was that cost savings came from directly presenting the ordering physician quick and full access to med and test orders and results from past outpatient and in patient episodes or care.

You were absolutely correct. The things that have been useful in outpatient practice are access to hospital records online, and the ability to merge some lab results. If they had forgotten about fully EMR and made it mandatory that all lab, Xray, path, etc. results were available online, and that they were uniform in reporting, so that they could easily be imported into everyones EMR, that would have improved care and reduced costs. (What a terrible sentence)

Posted by: cmoberg (---.public.wayport.net)
Date: October 27, 2012 02:33PM

Jim, sure could have used a voice of support like yours from the outpatient side back then. We were so far ahead of the curve on EMR that we faced heavy headwinds from many docs and even senior hospital administrators. You would have loved the lab results reporting, it was spreadsheet like with episodes (dates of care) as columns and rows as test results. The was a great benefit to patients coming in through the ER. It also supported practioner specific custom views. There was also a very early PACS system that the Radiology Dept was piloting. We brought low res proxies to the bedside from that.

A huge problem then as now is nomenclature and codification. Hard to fuse a lifetime care record from multiple entities. I was involved in an ARPA project around the same time that looked to bridge this divide among the participant institutions.

Alas, I became disenchanted an left healthcare IT in 1997. So interesting that I can jump right back in as the landspace remains much the same. Sigh.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 27, 2012 02:51PM

I didn't wade entirely through that very lengthy article, but there was a heavy implication that there is a large number of doctors gaming the system.

Truth be told, the reason for "hospitals and physicians to bill more for their services, whether or not they provide additional care" is not because they are billing for care not rendered, but rather that they were previously underbilling for services that they did render. This occurred because the coding rules are unfathomably complex, AND the rules change every year. As Jim points out, many of the EMRs are structured so that the docs don't leave payments they deserve for care they did provide on the table because of inexpertise with the coding rules.

In my opinion, it's not that the billing piece of EMRs are set up to increase undeserved income. Rather, they are set up to minimize the impact of a reimbursement system that is transparently structured to provide convenient ways for payors to evade fair reimbursement for work actually done through a complex system of regulations and deadlines with penalties for the "Gotcha" type of infractions that inevitably follow. cusscuss

Date: October 27, 2012 05:44PM

The last few seasons I've waited to see the comments here re: Redcast before purchasing the product.

They haven't had any of my money since spring of 2010.

CC free audio stream was very good last night. Very competent announcer compared to what we normally get from our fellow ECAC broadcasts.

Date: October 27, 2012 06:57PM

Video quality is WAAAAAAAY better now. This is HD. Someone must have found the good video/bad video switch. (It's inside the doll next to the good/evil switch.)

And let it not be said that I never give credit where credit's due. I may also throw in an "it's about time" or "WTF took you so long??", but this alum greatly appreciates the upgrade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 07:04PM by Kyle Rose.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 27, 2012 06:59PM

Kyle Rose
Video quality is WAAAAAAAY better now. This is HD. Someone must have found the good video/bad video switch. (It's inside the doll next to the good/evil switch.)

Crystal-clear 360p at 1400 Kbps tonight. This is RPItv-quality video.

Date: October 27, 2012 07:02PM

cbuckser
Kyle Rose

Crystal-clear 360p at 1400 Kbps tonight. This is RPItv-quality video.
To these eyes, it looks better than 360p, but maybe that's because it looks so much better than the 36p they had before.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2012 09:48PM

Quality was pretty good: video feed, power play, penalty kill. Though the feed dropped or froze a half-dozen times. I hope it's not just supercharged atmospherics announcing Hurricane Sandy.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2012 09:58PM

Jordan 04
The last few seasons I've waited to see the comments here re: Redcast before purchasing the product.

They haven't had any of my money since spring of 2010.

CC free audio stream was very good last night. Very competent announcer compared to what we normally get from our fellow ECAC broadcasts.
We got our money's worth today, with hockey and with the Cornell Princeton football game (Cornell 37-35). Good quality video. Football feed was solid most all game long (unlike the Princeton and Cornell defenses). Some of the graphics are too aggressive ("What does this SFX widget do? Ooh, nice, now let's push the flame surfacing slider all the way to 10. Huh, now that the bear is on fire, let's make him rotate like a barber pole." ) Cornell right now is like a HS graphic design student design class just handed a pack of 100 royalty fonts. Of course you're going to use them all. Why should ransom notes have all the fun?

Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2012 07:53PM

I didn't get a chance to see Saturday's game live, but the archive up on-line looks pretty much the same as Friday's game did. Was it much better quality than what this archive looks like or am I just losing it?

Posted by: bnr24 (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2012 07:56PM

semsox
I didn't get a chance to see Saturday's game live, but the archive up on-line looks pretty much the same as Friday's game did. Was it much better quality than what this archive looks like or am I just losing it?

It actually was much better Saturday. The women's game was awful quality video for me, but the men's game looked much more high quality in real time. (Admittedly, I haven't looked at the archives for Saturday yet.)

Date: November 02, 2012 04:50PM

Women's game looks like crap (SD). I wonder why Lynah video quality is so schizophrenicinconsistent? If they could do it for last Saturday night, why not today?

Posted by: Weder (---.atlanta.hp.com)
Date: November 02, 2012 04:52PM

Kyle Rose
Women's game looks like crap (SD). I wonder why Lynah video quality is so schizophrenicinconsistent? If they could do it for last Saturday night, why not today?

Today's broadcast has also featured the always amusing appearance by the Big Red Question Mark.

Date: November 02, 2012 04:55PM

Slightly off-topic, I hope that Princeton player is all right. Collisions with the boards were responsible for all three of my major injuries playing hockey: I respect and fear them.

Posted by: Ben (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 02, 2012 06:47PM

Kyle Rose
Slightly off-topic, I hope that Princeton player is all right. Collisions with the boards were responsible for all three of my major injuries playing hockey: I respect and fear them.
I was in B with a friend and we were both appalled by how long it took to get the player off. It must have been a half-hour before they finally got her to the ambulance.

Date: November 02, 2012 06:50PM

No me gusto rojocast. 6:48; nada.

Date: November 02, 2012 07:07PM

Trotsky
No me gusto rojocast.
No me gusta. Gustar means "to be pleasing", not "to like". Hence No (Not) me (to me) gusta (pleasing) rojocast (fuck, I'm not even going to touch that).

Please tell me I'm not the first one to correct someone's grammar in a language I don't even speak.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2012 07:10PM

I thought it was me with the first time logging on for the season and renewed subscription issues. yuck.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2012 07:14PM

Listening to Colgate announcer. Can't get Redcast audio to work. Worked fine for both CC games last weekend.

Date: November 02, 2012 07:19PM

Greg found this, which works: [wkxzfm.com]

As I just said in chat, RedCast is again meeting my expectations.

Posted by: lhayes (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 02, 2012 07:20PM

Here's the Colgate link:

[wkxzfm.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 07:29PM by lhayes.

Posted by: MattShaf (---.sub-174-255-32.myvzw.com)
Date: November 02, 2012 07:50PM

Even more infuriating about tonight is that Sidearm supports Colgate Hockey for both audio and video, yet we wouldn't even be offered the video b/c it's an away game.

Date: November 02, 2012 09:14PM

I paid %5.95 to watch/listen to the Colgate b'cast and enjoyed it very much. Loved the comments about the "packed Starr Rink." Was it really packed? It is hard to tell watching the video stream but I would have sworn there were lots of empty seats.

Date: November 02, 2012 10:40PM

dag14
I paid %5.95 to watch/listen to the Colgate b'cast and enjoyed it very much. Loved the comments about the "packed Starr Rink." Was it really packed? It is hard to tell watching the video stream but I would have sworn there were lots of empty seats.

Announced attendance was over capacity. Certainly empty seats, and late comers; much like Lynah.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 02, 2012 11:58PM

Jim Hyla
dag14

Announced attendance was over capacity. Certainly empty seats, and late comers; much like Lynah.

It was pretty much full. There were a few empty seats here and there, but no empty sections that stuck out. It was probably as full as could be reasonably expected for an arena of that size.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2012 06:29PM

Minor Miracle (no.. not the ND kicker making a kick twitch), Redcast is up and running for men's hockey and before 6:30! Pre-game show :).

Date: November 03, 2012 06:39PM

Mike on the pre-game essentially saying Colgate kicked our asses up and down the ice last night.

Date: November 03, 2012 06:39PM

Rita
(no.. not the ND kicker making a kick twitch)

Ugh.

Date: November 03, 2012 07:13PM

Interesting Mike wasn't asked about Esposito, at least while I was listening.

Date: November 30, 2012 08:56PM

This product has had a multiple problems on every broadcast this year. Last home game it froze up 3 - 5 times a period. Tonight the audio is screwed up. Instead of freezing up tonight it just kicks you off and you have to log on again. 3 times in the first, twice in the second. Has anyone else noticed that the HD picture has been downgraded from the first game of the year? We put an hdmi cable to the ipad and watch it on the big screen. Picture I think went from 1080 or 720 to 480p, which is what is coming through tonight.

Date: November 30, 2012 09:13PM

flyersgolf
Has anyone else noticed that the HD picture has been downgraded from the first game of the year? We put an hdmi cable to the ipad and watch it on the big screen. Picture I think went from 1080 or 720 to 480p, which is what is coming through tonight.
I actually only noticed one game that appeared to my eyes to be truly HD: that would be the second Colorado College game. Other than that, it has varied from last year's awfulness to "decent" like it is tonight.

Date: November 30, 2012 09:35PM

It's more confounding to me that it would be so inconsistent than if it were simply terrible every game.

Looks like they won't get my $ for the 3rd or 4th straight year.

Page: Previous1 2 34Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login