Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Colorado College Roll Call?

Posted by RichH 
Colorado College Roll Call?
Posted by: RichH (---.st.northropgrumman.com)
Date: December 14, 2011 05:19PM

Anyone? Bueller?

Due to some friends dropping out, and some weighty work commitments coming up in January, the chances I go are now slimming down. In the "tempting" column is the fact that airfares to Denver that weekend can still be found for a song (Under $250 R/T from many east coast airports), as it turns out the weekend after the New Year is low traveled.

I'd like to make the trip and defend our Vladivostok street-cred, but I understand holiday fatigue and travel commitments are big for this one.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2011 05:24PM by RichH.

Re: Colorado College Roll Call?
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 14, 2011 05:25PM

I was tempted, but then Dad decided that Mom's 70th birthday dinner should be on the 7th. And for some reason, they weren't interested in having it at Phantom Canyon Brewing Company.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: bernie (204.76.128.---)
Date: December 14, 2011 06:45PM

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 14, 2011 07:25PM

I was absolutely planning to go. I'm a lonely west coaster now, and this is by far the closest they'll come to me all year. Unfortunately my family made other plans over that weekend, so I'll be back east instead. Argh.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 14, 2011 08:11PM

I'll be there plus one. It was kind of a no-brainer considering that one of the guys I went to Cornell games with for four years now lives in Colorado Springs. We got tickets through the CC ticket office (not Cornell) but in theory are in/close to the visitor's section.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 15, 2011 07:26AM

I've seen the building and it's impressive (although a little too cookie cutter modern). I wish we were going.

Posted by: RichH (---.st.northropgrumman.com)
Date: December 15, 2011 10:22AM

Trotsky
I've seen the building and it's impressive (although a little too cookie cutter modern). I wish we were going.

Yeah, I thought it was the same site as the building that hosted the first 10 NCAA championships (including Ned's 1954 title with RPI) as well as Ken Dryden's last collegiate game in the 1969 NCAA Final, but a minute of research says that the old place, the Broadmoor World Arena, was at the Broadmoor resort. The current building, "World Arena," is 4 miles away near the interstate and opened in 1998.

I've seen the current arena from the highway, and I've had cocktails at the Broadmoor resort, oblivious to it's relevance to college hockey history.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 15, 2011 09:46PM

RichH
Trotsky

Yeah, I thought it was the same site as the building that hosted the first 10 NCAA championships (including Ned's 1954 title with RPI) as well as Ken Dryden's last collegiate game in the 1969 NCAA Final, but a minute of research says that the old place, the Broadmoor World Arena, was at the Broadmoor resort. The current building, "World Arena," is 4 miles away near the interstate and opened in 1998.

I've seen the current arena from the highway, and I've had cocktails at the Broadmoor resort, oblivious to it's relevance to college hockey history.
My wife learned something about me when on the way from Portland to DC after a 10 hour drive I took us 90 miles out of our way to get to Colorado Springs and then spent 90 more minutes looking for the Broadmoor at 11 pm before asking somebody and finding out the rink no longer exists. And then another 20 to see the new barn because oh well, what the hell.

And yet, she stayed.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2011 09:48PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: December 16, 2011 08:03AM

Trotsky
RichH
Trotsky

My wife learned something about me when on the way from Portland to DC after a 10 hour drive I took us 90 miles out of our way to get to Colorado Springs and then spent 90 more minutes looking for the Broadmoor at 11 pm before asking somebody and finding out the rink no longer exists. And then another 20 to see the new barn because oh well, what the hell.

And yet, she stayed.

Has she got a sister? whistle

Colorado College weekend
Posted by: CAS (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 20, 2011 10:26AM

Hope many Faithful join me. Flights from the New York area airports are plentiful and reasonably priced [many under $250 roundtrip]. Hotels are good values. Excellent opponent [CC now ranked #5/6]. See you in beautiful Colorado Springs!

Posted by: rouls78 (---.ks.ok.cox.net)
Date: December 21, 2011 12:39PM

I'll be there with three children for both games, Only a 500 mile drive from Wichita,KS. Any pre/post game meeting location?

Posted by: CAS (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 22, 2011 10:58AM

I'll be there + 1 for both games, flying in from NYC. Was also wondering about a meeting spot for the Faithful.

Posted by: captens1 (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: December 24, 2011 09:44PM

I expect to be there Saturday night. Still trying to see if I can convince a friend or two to join me.

Tom Hamill '85, PhD '97

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 31, 2011 08:12PM

Air Force 2, Colorado College 1 last night.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 03, 2012 02:06PM

Nice road trip: Cornell stays in Florida to practice (no return flight to Ithaca) and then on to Colorado.

Posted by: dag14 (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: January 03, 2012 07:07PM

Weather on the gulf coast in the 50s today and unbelievably windy; hard frost warnings for tonight. Granted it isn't as bad as Ithaca in January but I doubt the boys are sunning on the beach and frolicking in the surf between practice sessions...Outlet mall maybe?

Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: January 03, 2012 09:42PM

dag14
Weather on the gulf coast in the 50s today and unbelievably windy; hard frost warnings for tonight. Granted it isn't as bad as Ithaca in January but I doubt the boys are sunning on the beach and frolicking in the surf between practice sessions...Outlet mall maybe?
I'm trying to imagine them frolicking.....nope, not working.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: January 04, 2012 11:38AM

If you want to keep it that way, best to avoid their Twitter feeds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login