Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

BU's Trivino Arrested and Booted From Team

Posted by scoop85 
BU's Trivino Arrested and Booted From Team
Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: December 13, 2011 09:55AM

When I went to look at the Lowry article, I saw this bit of news. What a shame and a waste.

Given his previous alcohol-related incident referenced in the story, it doesn't take a great leap to assume alcohol was likely involved here as well.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2011 09:55AM by scoop85.

Re: BU's Trivino Arrested and Booted From Team
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 13, 2011 10:06AM

scoop85
When I went to look at the Lowry article, I saw this bit of news. What a shame and a waste.

Given his previous alcohol-related incident referenced in the story, it doesn't take a great leap to assume alcohol was likely involved here as well.
I have more sympathy with the female student.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: December 13, 2011 12:22PM

The Comments on that story are creepy.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: December 13, 2011 12:36PM

Trotsky
Agreed. Due process before throwing someone in prison is critical, but due process before throwing a known troublemaker off the team after another set of witnessed allegations of antisocial (not to mention criminal) behavior?

Sorry, but there's no human right to play for a hockey team: Trivino did it entirely at the school's and coaching staff's pleasure which, by virtue of the attention his actions have drawn, he no longer has.

The comments at this link are a stunning illustration of why I hate tribalism: "my team, right or wrong."

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 13, 2011 12:41PM

Kyle Rose
Trotsky
Agreed. Due process before throwing someone in prison is critical, but due process before throwing a known troublemaker off the team after another set of witnessed allegations of antisocial (not to mention criminal) behavior?

Sorry, but there's no human right to play for a hockey team: Trivino did it entirely at the school's and coaching staff's pleasure which, by virtue of the attention his actions have drawn, he no longer has.

The comments at this link are a stunning illustration of why I hate tribalism: "my team, right or wrong."
Agreed. The team could definitely argue that putting himself in a situation where these allegations are possible to begin with shows poor judgment and is unbecoming of a higher code of conduct expected of a student who represents his school in athletics. That said, the best argument they have is that Trivino has been in trouble before, and by putting himself in a position where we're talking about this, he probably violated any conditions that Parker set before previously allowing him to continue playing hockey.

Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: December 13, 2011 01:04PM

Al DeFlorio
scoop85

I have more sympathy with the female student.

I certainly wasn't expressing sympathy for him. Sorry for any confusion. Certainly the alleged victim deserves all the sympathy.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 13, 2011 10:37PM

css228
Kyle Rose
Trotsky

Agreed. The team could definitely argue that putting himself in a situation where these allegations are possible to begin with shows poor judgment and is unbecoming of a higher code of conduct expected of a student who represents his school in athletics. That said, the best argument they have is that Trivino has been in trouble before, and by putting himself in a position where we're talking about this, he probably violated any conditions that Parker set before previously allowing him to continue playing hockey.

After recent events at Penn State and Syracuse, we're going to see much more "zero tolerance" for athletic misbehavior. Being on a team is not a right, and they haven't thrown him out of school yet. That may await the due process (remember Duke lacrosse). Standards for being on a varsity team can and should be higher.

Posted by: munchkin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 14, 2011 09:58AM

The CHN article was extremely well written and can be found here.

Posted by: RichH (---.st.northropgrumman.com)
Date: December 14, 2011 04:22PM

munchkin

Reading that article is a reminder of why I (and I have to assume, much of the hockey and Boston communities) have so much respect for Jack Parker.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: December 14, 2011 05:16PM

RichH
munchkin

Reading that article is a reminder of why I (and I have to assume, much of the hockey and Boston communities) have so much respect for Jack Parker.

And why it's sometimes more satisfying to continue to do what you do best, rather than jump to the next level for the money. I suspect he goes home each night happy with how he's doing things.

Posted by: Greg M (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: December 16, 2011 10:43AM

And now Charlie Coyle has left BU due to academic reasons (purportedly, although there's a rumour it has something to do with Parker's handling of the Trivino situation) and has signed with the St. John's Seadogs. Big blow for BU.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 16, 2011 12:05PM

Greg M
And now Charlie Coyle has left BU due to academic reasons (purportedly, although there's a rumour it has something to do with Parker's handling of the Trivino situation) and has signed with the St. John's Seadogs. Big blow for BU.
I'd like our odds if we get them in a rematch now.

Posted by: Swampy (131.128.163.---)
Date: December 16, 2011 12:05PM

Greg M

And a blow to us if BU starts to drop in the RPI. Let's hope BU can do what Virginia did last year in lacrosse (short of winning the national title), and continue to perform at a high level after disrupting influences have left the team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login