Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell-Clarkson 12/3 postgame

Posted by billhoward 
Cornell-Clarkson 12/3 postgame
Posted by: billhoward (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2011 09:10AM

There goes the neighborhood:

[clear]
Section B at Lynah Saturday 12/3/11

Loved the defense last night. Loved all those rebounds the Clarkson goaltender gave up off his pads. And we couldn't put a single one past Paul Karpowich (32 saves). It's feeling more and more like Cornell can make a strong run in the playoffs if we re-discover the offense that took apart Yale and Harvard. Without the offense we could be the spoiler once or twice in the NCAAs but if another team puts up 2 against Cornell, that's the end of the run. If's David McKee and 59 saves-are-not-enough all over again.

I take it from hearing the Clarkson, uh, band play that it doesn't have a School of Music. Did I hear the Cornell chant "safety cowbell"? Spot on.

Too bad hockey and hoops couldn't have played a day-night doubleheader. (81-79 OT over Lehigh)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 09:11AM by billhoward.

Re: Cornell-Clarkson 12/3 postgame
Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: December 04, 2011 09:38AM

I've just chastised my friends who sit in Section B for allowing the above abomination to occur.

Never again.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2011 12:47PM

Ben
I've just chastised my friends who sit in Section B for allowing the above abomination to occur.

Never again.
I'd rather leave my seat empty than sell it to a Clarkson fan.

Posted by: billhoward (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2011 01:43PM

It is nice that this lone, brave fool didn't get mugged for showing up with clothing from the opponents' team. Where we joke about it, at a pro game, or some college games, people have gotten hurt for wearing their colors. Still, there *is* a Clarkson section and it had available seats.

Did anybody in Section B see him crack a smile? Know his story?

Posted by: jtn27 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: December 04, 2011 02:23PM

He brought his young kids to the game (for some reason they're not in this picture). They couldn't have been older than 8 or 10 years old. I think that's why he didn't get abused too much. However, in between periods he would stand up and taunt the Faithful. Needless to say, that was not tolerated. But I agree that it's nice he didn't get mugged. We're not drunk NFL fans. We're mean but civilized.

Date: December 04, 2011 02:27PM

billhoward

Also, I don't know if he personally smiled, but all the Clarkson fans celebrated when it ended in a tie. How pathetic.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: December 04, 2011 02:34PM

jtn27
billhoward

Also, I don't know if he personally smiled, but all the Clarkson fans celebrated when it ended in a tie. How pathetic.
Pathetic? A tie on the road against the first place team in the conference is a pretty good outcome.

Date: December 04, 2011 02:42PM

KeithK
jtn27
billhoward

Pathetic? A tie on the road against the first place team in the conference is a pretty good outcome.

You kind of supported what I was trying to say. They had such low expectations for last night's game (because they are pathetic) that they celebrated a tie. We, on the other hand, (not being pathetic) expected a win and were disappointed by a tie.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 02:43PM by jtn27.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2011 02:54PM

jtn27
KeithK
jtn27
billhoward

You kind of supported what I was trying to say. They had such low expectations for last night's game (because they are pathetic) that they celebrated a tie. We, on the other hand, (not being pathetic) expected a win and were disappointed by a tie.
Given how outplayed they were, I can understand celebrating the luck that it wasn't a tie. Karpowich was incredible last night, if only because he was never in a poor position. There was one time during the 3rd I thought we were going to be able to snipe a goal top shelf near post on him, but he made a nice glove save. I can understand why they celebrated a tie, but at the same time, their expectations should be higher than celebrating a scoreless tie. Especially because it reiterates that their offense is nothing to worry about.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 04, 2011 03:35PM

KeithK
jtn27
billhoward

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 04, 2011 06:52PM

Great photo, Bill. Gotta love that guy!

Posted by: sah67 (---.sub-174-252-201.myvzw.com)
Date: December 04, 2011 07:02PM

Esposito is turning into a solid penalty killer. He had a shift last night where he singlehandedly kept Clarkson hemmed in their zone for a good 20-25 seconds while they were on the PP. It was Scali-esque.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 07:03PM by sah67.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 04, 2011 08:13PM

jtn27
KeithK
jtn27
billhoward

Ah, but given the situation, I would have been happy with a tie at MSG.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: December 10, 2011 03:45PM

jtn27
KeithK
jtn27
billhoward

No. You are saying something different. If my team goes on the road to play a top team in the conference I am usually going to consider a tie a good outcome. That's true whether Cornell is 10th in the standings or 2nd. Or first for that matter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login