Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

lles is not the answer

Posted by Cop at Lynah 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: lles is not the answer
Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2011 02:47PM

Kyle Rose
Tom Lento
Trotsky
Kyle Rose
KeithK
The "it's the system" line has been an ongoing joke here for years and years. It's a safe bet that anytime you see "it's the system" on this forum without any further explanation it's sarcastic.
Typical. rolleyes
Jerk.

For the record:

1) I was being sarcastic
2) Kyle really is a jerk :-P
If I invoke the name RichS, does that mean he'll show up? If so... oops. :-)
YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE! cuss

Posted by: mikek (---.insight.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2011 04:26PM

Aaron M. Griffin

Give Joshua Boyd a break. We all cannot be as astute as we commentators on ELynah are. It's also Boyd's first year following the ECAC. He has many things to learn.

I want to give the guy a break, but I find it hard to when he writes things like this in the ECAC picks column:

Joshua Boyd

Josh: Yikes. A pair of top 10 teams (No. 8/8 Yale and No. 4/4 BC) - it doesn't get much better than this. Yale, of course, received its ranking a day before being heavily upset in a 7-6 shootout by previously 0-11 Sacred Heart. The Bulldogs feature one of the country's hottest goalies in Jeff Malcolm, who has three shutouts and a .932 save percentage thus far.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 25, 2011 07:35PM

mikek
Aaron M. Griffin

Give Joshua Boyd a break. We all cannot be as astute as we commentators on ELynah are. It's also Boyd's first year following the ECAC. He has many things to learn.

I want to give the guy a break, but I find it hard to when he writes things like this in the ECAC picks column:

Joshua Boyd

Josh: Yikes. A pair of top 10 teams (No. 8/8 Yale and No. 4/4 BC) - it doesn't get much better than this. Yale, of course, received its ranking a day before being heavily upset in a 7-6 shootout by previously 0-11 Sacred Heart. The Bulldogs feature one of the country's hottest goalies in Jeff Malcolm, who has three shutouts and a .932 save percentage thus far.

I can't believe he didn't say anything about the Yale Brown game either. It's one of the biggest rivalries in the ECAC and Brown looks better than ever to upset Yale... yet 5-3 Yale with no explanation.

Posted by: css228 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 26, 2011 12:49PM

mikek
Aaron M. Griffin

Joshua Boyd

Agreed, its really hard to call someone a hot goalie a few days after giving up he gave up 5 goals on 15 shots. I really want himn to be a good columnist. He's just not.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 01:21AM

css228
mikek
Aaron M. Griffin

Joshua Boyd

Agreed, its really hard to call someone a hot goalie a few days after giving up he gave up 5 goals on 15 shots. I really want himn to be a good columnist. He's just not.

Looks like Boyd's gone:

[www.uscho.com]

First and foremost, please welcome Nate Owen to the USCHO/ECAC family. The Nutmeg Stater takes over for the short-lived Josh Boyd, who - despite being a consummate professional - simply couldn't figure out how to extend the standard day to 38 hours, and therefore has had to relinquish his position.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 28, 2011 01:42PM

ajh258
I can't believe he didn't say anything about the Yale Brown game either. It's one of the biggest rivalries in the ECAC...
It is? Those schools have like 12 fans combined.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2011 01:51PM

Josh '99
ajh258
I can't believe he didn't say anything about the Yale Brown game either. It's one of the biggest rivalries in the ECAC...
Yale's been selling out Ingalls for years.

Date: November 28, 2011 01:54PM

Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258
I know, I was exaggerating for dramatic effect.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: November 30, 2011 09:17AM

Brown's been selling pizza for years.

Posted by: ugarte (66.9.23.---)
Date: November 30, 2011 01:28PM

Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258
If Yale has been selling out games, that isn't an "exaggeration" it is a "joke with a faulty premise."

Date: November 30, 2011 02:47PM

ugarte
Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258
If Yale has been selling out games, that isn't an "exaggeration" it is a "joke with a faulty premise."
For it to be a "joke with a faulty premise" it would have to have been a joke in the first place, which it wasn't, but I guess when you're holding a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. :-}

Posted by: RichH (167.225.107.---)
Date: November 30, 2011 02:50PM

Killer
Brown's been selling pizza for years.

Actually, you can add Brown to the list of schools that give away pizza to students in an attempt to bribe them to show up for the Cornell game. It happened at Meehan this season.

Date: November 30, 2011 02:51PM

Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258
For it to be a "joke with a faulty premise" it would have to have been a joke in the first place, which it wasn't, but I guess when you're holding a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. :-}
You won't get any argument from me when you say it wasn't a joke in the first place.

Date: November 30, 2011 03:00PM

ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258
You won't get any argument from me when you say it wasn't a joke in the first place.
Am I supposed to be bothered by the insinuation that something I didn't intend to be funny wasn't funny?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2011 03:01PM by Josh '99.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: November 30, 2011 03:05PM

Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258
Am I supposed to be bothered by the insinuation that something I didn't intend to be funny wasn't funny?
Lord knows I hate to agree with Charles on anything, but one of the following three things is true:
  • You actually believe Yale and Brown have 12 fans combined, in which case you would be dumb.
  • You understand that they have more fans, but just didn't know that Yale has been selling out and so thought it was funny (i.e., a "joke" ) to exaggerate the low attendance you thought they had.
  • You understand that they have more fans, and knew that Yale was selling out their games, but thought it was funny (i.e., a "joke" ) to recall their historical travails as a perennial bottom-dweller by referring to low attendance in the past.
Quit while you're behind. ("Dig UP, stupid.";)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2011 03:06PM by Kyle Rose.

Date: November 30, 2011 03:14PM

Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258
It also wasn't very dramatic.

I'll stop now.

Date: November 30, 2011 03:17PM

ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258

OR WAS IT?

:-D

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: December 01, 2011 07:45AM

ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258

I'll stop now.

Time for a "Jerk" "Typical" exchange?

Date: December 01, 2011 10:19AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258

I'll stop now.

NO! That joke has strayed so far from where it began. I am being a jerk. On purpose. The response to being a jerk is not "jerk/typical." The "typical" part makes no sense in that exchange.

The response to a person calling for everyone to stop fighting was "jerk/typical."

Don't think I don't know what is going to happen next.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 01, 2011 10:27AM

ugarte
Jeff Hopkins '82
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258

I'll stop now.

NO! That joke has strayed so far from where it began. I am being a jerk. On purpose. The response to being a jerk is not "jerk/typical." The "typical" part makes no sense in that exchange.

The response to a person calling for everyone to stop fighting was "jerk/typical."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2011 10:28AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2011 11:50PM

Adam's article on Iles in the NY Hockey Journal. (via ECAC site)

Date: December 02, 2011 07:55AM

ugarte
Jeff Hopkins '82
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
ajh258

I'll stop now.

Asshole flipd :-D

Date: December 02, 2011 10:56AM

Jim Hyla
"Iles was 4-years-old when Jason Elliott backstopped Cornell to an ECAC championship..."

Did everyone hear my bones creak or is it all in my head?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: December 02, 2011 01:28PM

ugarte
Jim Hyla
"Iles was 4-years-old when Jason Elliott backstopped Cornell to an ECAC championship..."

Must be you. Not I.:-}

Posted by: Robb (---.62-188.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: December 02, 2011 02:51PM

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 02, 2011 05:24PM

Coincidence or not? I'm leaning towards not.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 03, 2011 12:29AM

ugarte
Jim Hyla

You can still hear?!

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 03, 2011 12:37AM

Does anyone know what the record for most shutouts in a season for Cornell is?

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: December 03, 2011 12:48AM

css228
Does anyone know what the record for most shutouts in a season for Cornell is?
It's 10, set by Dave McKee in 2005.

(H/T [www.tbrw.info] Once upon a time I knew these things off the top of my head but now I have to go look.)

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 03, 2011 10:39PM

Can't help but wonder "what if" BU didn't get that bogus 5 on 3 leading to the one regulation time goal in last six games....

Posted by: jtn27 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: December 04, 2011 01:03AM

jeff '84
Can't help but wonder "what if" BU didn't get that bogus 5 on 3 leading to the one regulation time goal in last six games....

I'm convinced that we would have won that game 2-0 if the refs had been competent.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2011 07:15AM

jtn27
jeff '84

I'm convinced that we would have won that game 2-0 if the refs had been competent.

Or if the flux capacitor had been adjusted correctly.:`-(

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2011 04:38PM

marty
Or if the flux capacitor had been adjusted correctly.:`-(
1.21 gigawatts?!

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 04, 2011 09:04PM

ftyuv
ugarte
Jim Hyla

You can still hear?!
I'd LOVE a beer.

Date: December 05, 2011 08:24AM

ugarte
ftyuv
ugarte
Jim Hyla

You can still hear?!
I'd LOVE a beer.

I love you too, dear.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: December 07, 2011 07:35AM

USCHO article on the streak. With this quote:

“Five straight shutouts at home … we’ve never had that at Cornell,” Big Red coach Mike Schafer said. “We’re going to win a lot of games if that keeps up.”

Read more: [www.uscho.com]
doh

Two other interesting quotes. The first not about Iles, but former Colgate David McIntyre:

McIntyre said he was able to work on his defense while at Colgate, and cited this as a reason for his quick rise up the ladder in the pro game.

“Our coach stressed defensive play when I was there so my defensive game got to develop,” he said. “When I made the transition to the [AHL] and this league, I was able to put defense first. That’s my role; to play ‘D’ and be tenacious.”

and from Schafer on Iles and Ferlin picks, or not, for US Juniors:

“He’s clearly shown he’s capable, especially at the BU game in front of 18,000 people,” Schafer said, referring to the Red Hot Hockey matchup against Boston University Nov. 26 at Madison Square Garden.

Iles is the only collegiate goalie listed.

“It’s great for Brian; he was kind of an underdog, a last-minute replacement in the summer and he came through,” Schafer said. “Brian has produced and performed and was named and Andy has produced and performed and he wasn’t.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 07:44AM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 07, 2011 10:51AM

Tenacious D? Really?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Robb (---.etn.com)
Date: December 07, 2011 11:31AM

It certainly sounds as if Schafer would strongly prefer to be without Andy's services in Florida - interesting. I think that's a good attitude in the long run - if players know that he has their best long-term interests in mind (rather than being willing to sacrifice those for the short term gain of a non-conference win or two), that has to be a plus for potential recruits.

Date: December 07, 2011 11:33AM

Beeeej
Tenacious D? Really?
In fairness, kids today probably don't (and shouldn't) get the cultural reference (to say nothing of the meta-reference). "If your parents don't hate your music you're doing it wrong." -- Iggy Pop

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 07, 2012 12:00AM

the answer is undeniable!

Date: January 07, 2012 12:42AM

imafrshmn
the answer is undeniable!
Definitely tonight's first star of the game.

Posted by: sah67 (132.236.164.---)
Date: January 10, 2012 11:23AM

At least Andy isn't under the scrutiny of the Buffalo media:

Date: January 10, 2012 11:24AM

sah67
At least Andy isn't under the scrutiny of the Buffalo media:
\

They should shut up an be glad they still have a team.

Date: January 10, 2012 11:37AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
they still have a team.
Everything in life is only for now.

Posted by: sockralex (170.202.22.---)
Date: January 10, 2012 12:22PM

Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82
they still have a team.
Everything in life is only for now.

Hartford Sabres!

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.mobility-up.psu.edu)
Date: January 10, 2012 12:35PM

The Buffalo media market provides too much exposure and money to the NHL. The Bills might leave Buffalo because they are barely profitable (they even play a "home game" each season in Toronto), but the Sabres control one of the largest media shares in the NHL. Say what you will about Buffalo and Western New York, but their viewership in hockey is undeniable.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 10, 2012 02:15PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Oh please. Complaining about your team's performance is part of being a fan. It's part of being glad you have a team.

Date: January 10, 2012 02:27PM

KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82
Oh please. Complaining about your team's performance is part of being a fan. It's part of being glad you have a team.
The Bostonification of fandom. "What does not kill me makes me whiney."

Posted by: ftyuv (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: January 10, 2012 03:32PM

Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

Yeah, we definitely have a lock on that market. rolleyes

Date: January 10, 2012 04:08PM

ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

Y'ever listen to sports radio in Philly? No way Boston has a lock on the whiney market. :-D

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2012 04:45PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

Y'ever listen to sports radio in Philly? No way Boston has a lock on the whiney market. :-D
And then there's the Mets.yark

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 10, 2012 06:12PM

Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

Complaining isn't the ONLY thing that matters in being a fan. But if you're a devoted follower of a sports team, when you have an emotional attachment, it's hard not to be upset when things seem to be going wrong.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2012 10:01PM

Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

I'm long since past complaining about the Mets. My expectations are so low that I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of breaking 70 wins next year. They may just pull it off.

Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: January 11, 2012 09:39AM

Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

I'm long since past complaining about the Mets. My expectations are so low that I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of breaking 70 wins next year. They may just pull it off.

Another benefit of their ineptitude will be the availability of choice seats at Citi Field; of course the pricing won't reflect the quality of the product, but that's another story.

Date: January 11, 2012 10:15AM

scoop85
of course the pricing won't reflect the quality of the product, but that's another story.
Oddly, they are lowering prices this year, so market forces may actually be injecting some sanity there.

We have returned to the days of yore. "A Met fan has 62 thrills a year. A Yankee fan 62 disappointments."

Posted by: KenP (---.ssmcnet.noaa.gov)
Date: January 11, 2012 10:55AM

Trotsky
scoop85
of course the pricing won't reflect the quality of the product, but that's another story.
Oddly, they are lowering prices this year, so market forces may actually be injecting some sanity there.

We have returned to the days of yore. "A Met fan has 62 thrills a year. A Yankee fan 62 disappointments."
As a Yankee fan I can say that every Met win is a disappointment for me. If they lost all 162 games I'd be pining for a longer season.

Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: January 11, 2012 11:18AM

KenP
Trotsky
scoop85

As a Yankee fan I can say that every Met win is a disappointment for me. If they lost all 162 games I'd be pining for a longer season.
Here I thought y'all had bigger fish to fry. It's good to know that we still matter.

Date: January 11, 2012 06:12PM

scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

Another benefit of their ineptitude will be the availability of choice seats at Citi Field; of course the pricing won't reflect the quality of the product, but that's another story.
Stubhub is your friend. Seats were dirt cheap toward the end of last season.

Date: January 12, 2012 02:47PM

Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

Seats are always dirt cheap right before the game when they aren't selling out. I think the team dumps their extras on stubhub and underbids the lowest available to (a) get something for the unsold tix and (b) get people to the stadium buying beer and merch.

Date: January 13, 2012 12:33PM

ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

Seats are always dirt cheap right before the game when they aren't selling out. I think the team dumps their extras on stubhub and underbids the lowest available to (a) get something for the unsold tix and (b) get people to the stadium buying beer and merch.
Sure, but you can't always find premium seats for 25% of face value a week before the game like you could for the Mets last fall.

Date: January 13, 2012 01:55PM

Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

Sure, but you can't always find premium seats for 25% of face value a week before the game like you could for the Mets last fall.
We are agreeing.

Date: January 13, 2012 02:00PM

ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

We are agreeing.
My misunderstanding, then.

Date: January 13, 2012 02:40PM

Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

We are agreeing.
It'd be a shame if cordiality and agreement put a stop to all these nested quotes.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 02:40PM by ftyuv.

Date: January 13, 2012 02:44PM

ftyuv
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

We are agreeing.
It'd be a shame if cordiality and agreement put a stop to all these nested quotes.

No it wouldn't.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: January 13, 2012 02:53PM

Iles is looking answery among the conference leaders:

Goals Against Average:                                 Minutes    GA     GAA
  1   Andy Iles                Cornell            SO    483:38    11    1.36
  2   Eric Hartzell            Quinnipiac         JR    560:29    15    1.61
  3   Paul Karpowich           Clarkson           SR    545:42    16    1.76
  4   Troy Grosenick           Union              SO    327:43    10    1.83
  5   Colin Stevens            Union              FR    224:46     7    1.87
  6   Eric Mihalik             Colgate            SO    356:39    12    2.02
  7   Jeff Malcolm             Yale               JR    475:49    17    2.14
  8   Matt Weninger            St. Lawrence       SO    526:00    21    2.40
  9   Steve Michalek           Harvard            FR    532:27    24    2.70
 10   Bryce Merriam            Rensselaer         JR    407:32    19    2.80
 11   Sean Bonar               Princeton          SO    536:32    28    3.13
 12   Mike Clemente            Brown              SR    418:35    22    3.15
 13   James Mello              Dartmouth          SR    303:51    17    3.36

Save Percentage:                                         Saves    GA     Pct
  1   Paul Karpowich           Clarkson           SR       273    16    .945
  2   Andy Iles                Cornell            SO       176    11    .941
  3   Jeff Malcolm             Yale               JR       254    17    .937
  4   Eric Hartzell            Quinnipiac         JR       219    15    .936
  5   Eric Mihalik             Colgate            SO       168    12    .933
  6   Troy Grosenick           Union              SO       136    10    .932
  7   Colin Stevens            Union              FR        88     7    .926
  8   Matt Weninger            St. Lawrence       SO       229    21    .916
  9   Steve Michalek           Harvard            FR       227    24    .904
 10   Bryce Merriam            Rensselaer         JR       162    19    .895
 11   James Mello              Dartmouth          SR       141    17    .892
 12   Sean Bonar               Princeton          SO       219    28    .887
 13   Mike Clemente            Brown              SR       167    22    .884

Winning Percentage:                                         W- L- T      Pct
  1   Andy Iles                Cornell            SO        6- 1- 1     .812
  2   Troy Grosenick           Union              SO        4- 1- 1     .750
  3   Eric Mihalik             Colgate            SO        4- 2- 0     .667
  4   Jeff Malcolm             Yale               JR        5- 3- 0     .625
  5   Steve Michalek           Harvard            FR        3- 2- 3     .562
  6   Eric Hartzell            Quinnipiac         JR        3- 2- 4     .556
  7   James Mello              Dartmouth          SR        2- 2- 1     .500
  8   Matt Weninger            St. Lawrence       SO        4- 5- 0     .444
      Paul Karpowich           Clarkson           SR        3- 4- 2     .444
 10   Mike Clemente            Brown              SR        3- 4- 0     .429
 11   Sean Bonar               Princeton          SO        3- 5- 1     .389
 12   Colin Stevens            Union              FR        0- 1- 2     .333
 13   Bryce Merriam            Rensselaer         JR        1- 6- 0     .143

Date: January 13, 2012 03:53PM

Beeeej
ftyuv
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

We are agreeing.

No it wouldn't.
Yes it would.

Date: January 13, 2012 04:32PM

ugarte
Beeeej
ftyuv
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

We are agreeing.

No it wouldn't.
Yes it would.
Parrot of an answer?

Date: January 13, 2012 04:37PM

marty
ugarte
Beeeej
ftyuv
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

We are agreeing.

No it wouldn't.
Yes it would.
Parrot of an answer?
Parrot of an answer?

Date: January 13, 2012 04:43PM

ftyuv
marty
ugarte
Beeeej
ftyuv
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

We are agreeing.

No it wouldn't.
Yes it would.
Parrot of an answer?
Parrot of an answer?
Dead Parrot, live thread...

Date: January 13, 2012 05:01PM

marty
ftyuv
marty
ugarte
Beeeej
ftyuv
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

We are agreeing.

No it wouldn't.
Yes it would.
Parrot of an answer?
Parrot of an answer?
This isn't an argument, it's just contradiction.

Posted by: Redscore (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2012 05:59PM

Duck Season
Rabbit Season
Duck Season
Rabbit Season
Rabbit Season
Duck Season
Blam!!!!

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: January 13, 2012 07:22PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
marty
ftyuv
marty
ugarte
Beeeej
ftyuv
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
scoop85
Dafatone
Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
ftyuv
Trotsky
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82

We are agreeing.

No it wouldn't.
Yes it would.
Parrot of an answer?
Parrot of an answer?
This isn't an argument, it's just contradiction.
No it isn't.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 13, 2012 09:49PM

Trotsky

Nice effort, but Iles has lost this thread.

Date: January 13, 2012 09:53PM

Trotsky

It's the system.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2012 10:07PM

Close enough for a "when to pull the goalie" thread since I can't find the thread that with that discussion (BU/Jack Parker/etc).

In tonight's UNO-UM-Duluth game, with UNO down 4-2 with just over 6 min left in the 3rd and a 4 v 4 skater situation, UNO pulls their goalie.

They are controlling the puck in Duluth's zone and the linesmen notice that there are 5 skates for UNO and blows the whistle for a too many men on the ice. OOOPS. They didn't notice and obviously weren't expecting UNO to be pulling the goalie given the time/situation.

Dean Blais almost blew a gasket with that whistle. UNO continued playing with the extra skater until UM-Duluth got an ENG with about 4 min (?) or so left.

UM_D tacks on another (with UNO goalie's in net) to make it 6-2 and extends their winning streak to 17 games.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2012 10:49AM

Article on Iles in Syracuse Post-Standard.

Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: January 19, 2012 12:18PM

I think Mayotte must be having a positive impact, as it seems that Iles is scrambling around far less than last year, or even at the beginning of the season.

Date: January 19, 2012 12:36PM

scoop85
I think Mayotte must be having a positive impact, as it seems that Iles is scrambling around far less than last year, or even at the beginning of the season.
Definitely, he's out of position far less often this year.

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 20, 2012 08:31PM

Out of poistion alot tonight - reverting back to the flopping around on his stomach. D-men saved two sure goals for him - not a good night for Andy through 2 periods. He needs to be the difference in the 3rd for CU to hold on.

Posted by: MotherPucker (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 20, 2012 08:52PM

Iles HAS been the difference so far in this game... not sure what game you are watching but both goals allowed were the result of rebounds off saves that were Iles doing his job... Defensive letdowns and good bounces for Dartmouth are more the culprit then Andy having to scramble. He has made some outstanding saves to keep this game close, as well as an amazing paddle down save before the second Dartmouth goal. Stay out of the box and be more disciplined and we wouldn't be seeing some of these gaffs.

Date: January 20, 2012 09:46PM

Iles has lost his stick a lot recently though. Three times in the last two games. We were lucky not to be scored on either time.

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 20, 2012 10:38PM

Great save by Iles on the last Dartmouth power play - stayed upright and had great anticipation to make the save of the game when Cornell needed it the most.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 21, 2012 08:38AM

Cop at Lynah
Out of poistion alot tonight - reverting back to the flopping around on his stomach. D-men saved two sure goals for him - not a good night for Andy through 2 periods. He needs to be the difference in the 3rd for CU to hold on.

A buddy who works the rink overheard Brisson reaming him for not staying in net as they exited after period 2.
whistle

Date: January 23, 2012 01:01PM

Trotsky
Invitation to someone with Photoshop skills:

Send it to my e-mail account.
It's what I do, in part.
B-]

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2012 08:05PM

From NHL.com - Home cooking keeps Cornell goalie clicking

Date: January 26, 2012 07:22AM

Sorry. I was bored.

crazy

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 12:25AM

I think it's appropriate to bring this thread back to the top today. Andy was pretty damn good carrying us to a major upset of a major power tonight. Let's go red!

Date: March 24, 2012 12:35AM

Ronald '09
I think it's appropriate to bring this thread back to the top today. Andy was pretty damn good carrying us to a major upset of a major power tonight. Let's go red!
Yeah can we just sticky note this to the top.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 12:36AM by css228.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 01:21AM

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 26, 2012 09:13PM

I guess after his great performance for the shutout against CC, it's time to bump this thread up again.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 27, 2012 03:13PM

He's still not the answer, but maybe the question was "which goalie is not good?"
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 03:17PM by ftyuv.

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.cupolice.cornell.edu)
Date: March 04, 2014 02:30PM

As the original creator of this post, I would like to say that Andy has represented Cornell Hockey very well over his 4 years here. Andy provided stability in net, and although not earth shattering numbers in terms of wins and losses, he was steady throughout his career. Andy has one last hurrah in the coming weeks and I wish him and the entire CU hockey team all the best as they strive for an ECAC championship and NCAA berth.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 04, 2014 03:11PM

Cop at Lynah
As the original creator of this post, I would like to say that Andy has represented Cornell Hockey very well over his 4 years here. Andy provided stability in net, and although not earth shattering numbers in terms of wins and losses, he was steady throughout his career. Andy has one last hurrah in the coming weeks and I wish him and the entire CU hockey team all the best as they strive for an ECAC championship and NCAA berth.
Good show, sir!

Posted by: ajh258 (64.212.61.---)
Date: March 04, 2014 03:59PM

Cop at Lynah

As the first person to reply to your original post, I offer the same response that I gave two and a half years ago.

ajh258
Agreed.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login