Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros - December 2010

Posted by Beeeej 
Alumni in the Pros - December 2010
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 01, 2010 10:00AM

A somewhat discombobulated interview with Douglas Murray, including some stuff about Cornell and the UberTap.

[www.vancouversun.com]

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Alumni in the Pros - November 2010
Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: December 02, 2010 08:22PM

Moulson with a nice goal off of a pretty feed from Tavares tonight against the Rangers.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 02, 2010 08:29PM

nr53
Moulson with a nice goal off of a pretty feed from Tavares tonight against the Rangers.
Also playing some really good two-way hockey and earned Howie's compliments for his hustle on D.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net)
Date: December 06, 2010 09:59PM

Riley?

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2010 10:14PM

ebilmes
Riley?

Elie, you might have too much time on your hands if you are trolling through YouTube for bad informercials ;-).

Let's hope he gets promoted to the big club soon or else he'll be type-casted into hawking Shamwows and cat scratchers on late night TV and during NC$$ playoff hockey games :-P.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2010 10:51PM

ebilmes
Riley?

Wow.

A few observations: Riley didn't even get to say a line in this uh, ad. I bet Michal Jordan must be pretty popular playing in North Carolina. The guy at the end...if he was trying to look a lot like Ricky Gervais, he succeeded.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.inet6.dpw.com)
Date: December 07, 2010 01:32PM

RichH
ebilmes
Riley?

Wow.

A few observations: Riley didn't even get to say a line in this uh, ad. I bet Michal Jordan must be pretty popular playing in North Carolina. The guy at the end...if he was trying to look a lot like Ricky Gervais, he succeeded.

Instead of recording an infomercial, Riley Nash and his team put on a clinic against the Syracuse Crunch last night. They won 10-3, scoring 8 goals in the second period, including "two goals in a span of 21 seconds, three in 1:07, four in 1:41, five in 2:41, six in 3:39, seven in 7:15, and eight in a span of 13:44." Riley was the only two goal scorer for the Checkers.

This reminds me of a game I saw in Syracuse over Thanksgiving in 1998 when Providence scored an AHL-record 10 goals in the first period, en route to a 14-2 victory.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2010 03:26PM by amerks127.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.jsc.nasa.gov)
Date: December 07, 2010 04:21PM

Douglas Murray with his 4th assist of the season last night as the Sharks defeat the Red Wings 5-2.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - December 2010
Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 09, 2010 09:48PM

Douglas Murray notches his first goal of the year, albeit in a losing effort to Buffalo as the Sharks lose 6-3.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: December 14, 2010 11:41AM

"San Jose defenseman Douglas Murray was scratched from the line-up because of a lower-body injury." Murray Scratched

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 14, 2010 01:56PM

Had never seen this before (as near as I can tell, it is legitimate, and, of course, forever). Andy Iles definitely has a team to go to someday...

Posted by: judy (65.172.13.---)
Date: December 15, 2010 10:08AM

Has everybody seen

this?

It's the Belfast Giants doing Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas". Spotted early on was a #5 Gleed jersey, yup, one of ours. Since I can't put names to faces, I have no idea if Jon Gleed actually appears in the video.

Posted by: Robb (---.198-178.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: December 15, 2010 11:36AM

judy
Has everybody seen

this?

It's the Belfast Giants doing Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas". Spotted early on was a #5 Gleed jersey, yup, one of ours. Since I can't put names to faces, I have no idea if Jon Gleed actually appears in the video.
And in a cruel twist of irony, the video of an Irish team is unavailable outside the US because it contains content belonging to Sony. I'll have to remember to check back when I'm in the US over Christmas...

Posted by: Swampy (---.219.128.131.dhcp.uri.edu)
Date: December 15, 2010 03:05PM

judy
Has everybody seen

this?

Then again, do you think that after Justin Milo transferred to Vermont Mike ever thought of singing this?

Re: Alumni in the Pros - December 2010 (thread drift, it's Swampy's fault)
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: December 15, 2010 08:56PM

That song started badly, like Mariah Carey writhing with something less than ecstacy, something closer to full body diaper rash. It rewards those who stuck it through to the second half when the lyrics diverged from All I Want For Christmas: "They may have killed our Savior / That's not the best behavior / That's okay, he rose again three days later."

Re: Alumni in the Pros - December 2010 (thread drift, it's Swampy's fault)
Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 15, 2010 09:17PM

billhoward
That song started badly, like Mariah Carey writhing with something less than ecstacy, something closer to full body diaper rash. It rewards those who stuck it through to the second half when the lyrics diverged from All I Want For Christmas: "They may have killed our Savior / That's not the best behavior / That's okay, he rose again three days later."

Well,

the original with Mariah Carey has something like 22.5 million hits. This version has almost 1.2 million! That's still not too shabby.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 09:31PM by Swampy.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - December 2010 (thread drift, now my fault)
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: December 16, 2010 06:41AM

Swampy
billhoward

Well,

the original with Mariah Carey has something like 22.5 million hits. This version has almost 1.2 million! That's still not too shabby.
>>> ... not too shabby

Which would be a line from Adam Sandler's

Chanukah Song I. You can see from the original lyics including this version with worst-spelled lyrics of all time, any song. Actually, no, there must be worse; the bar is set low. But the transcriptionist is off to a good start with an alternative to yarmulke, makes Rod Carew sound faintly Lebanese, and then turns "in show biz" to "rich o' biz." And there is no wrong spelling of Chanukah. (Maybe Sandler could produce a Semitic follow-up to "A Day Without a Mexican.";)

Put on your yamakah,
here comes Hanukah,
so much funnukah to celebrate Hanukah,
OJ Simpson,
NOT A JEW!,
but geuss who is?,
Hall o' famer Rod Karou!

We got Ann Landers and her sister Dear Abby,
Harrison Fords a quater Jewish!,
NOT TO SHABBY!

Some people think,
Ebaniser Scrooge is,
well he's not but geuss who is?,
all three Stooges!!!

So many Jews are rich o' biz, [[i]sic[/i]]
Tom Cruise isn't,
but I heard his agent is!

Posted by: CUontheslopes (---.nmmlaw.com)
Date: December 16, 2010 09:13AM

Getting back to hockey from the sideshow above...

Ryan O'Byrne notched an assist last night in Colorado's game against Chicago. He's 20th in the NHL in +/- at +11 and has been logging over 20 mins of ice time a night. Sounds like he's found a good fit in Colorado, which was desperate for defensemen when it picked him up from Montreal.

Date: December 16, 2010 09:30AM

billhoward

Chanukah Song I.
It is important to remember there was a time before we knew Adam Sandler sucked. And that time was December 1990, when he did TCS on SNL the first time.

FWIW, it is "Carew."

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: December 16, 2010 12:05PM

Trotsky
billhoward

Chanukah Song I.
It is important to remember there was a time before we knew Adam Sandler sucked. And that time was December 1990, when he did TCS on SNL the first time.

Nah, he still sucked then, too.

Date: December 16, 2010 03:15PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
billhoward

Chanukah Song I.

I said a time before we knew he sucked. I am celebrating our lost innocence.

There was even a time before we knew Jim Carrey sucked, and that was when he was on ILC, oddly, also in 1990.

Oh 1990, those halcyon days...

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 16, 2010 08:16PM

Matt Moulson notches his 11th goal of the season as the Islanders have taken a rare three-goal lead over Anaheim in the second period.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: December 17, 2010 07:40AM

Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
billhoward

Chanukah Song I.

I said a time before we knew he sucked. I am celebrating our lost innocence.

No, I knew he sucked back then. I've never liked Adam Sandler.

Jim Carrey didn't jump the shark until The Mask.

Date: December 17, 2010 10:34AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
No, I knew he sucked back then. I've never liked Adam Sandler.
He had me fooled for a while. But I was on to Jimmy Fallon from the beginning.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 17, 2010 12:19PM

CUontheslopes
Ryan O'Byrne notched an assist last night in Colorado's game against Chicago. He's 20th in the NHL in +/- at +11 and has been logging over 20 mins of ice time a night. Sounds like he's found a good fit in Colorado, which was desperate for defensemen when it picked him up from Montreal.
When will the Avs realize that he sucks and doesn't deserve all that ice time? :-}

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: December 17, 2010 01:35PM

the moulson goal was a beauty... stole the puck and put it top shelf on the backhand

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 17, 2010 06:18PM

I'm sure there are more appropriate threads for this but this is just too cool to bury in JSID: A former AIC goalie - and current HS hockey coach - got a one-game stint with the Coyotes when Bryzgalov got the flu and Phoenix needed a backup goalie on VERY short notice.

[deadspin.com]

Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.179.---)
Date: December 17, 2010 08:12PM

J-S Giguere's latest groin reinjury has again had a trickle-down effect and brought Ben Scrivens back to the Toronto Marlies.

In addition, I just realized today that Mike Iggulden will play for Team Canada in the Spengler Cup later this month.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: December 17, 2010 09:59PM

Colin Greening scored a goal and got in a fight tonight against Jon Mirasty of the Syracuse Crunch. Mirasty is a real heavy-weight. He had 269 PIM in just 53 games last season. I'll try to post video, but I sure hope Greening held his own.

Posted by: profudge (---.dr04.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 18, 2010 07:23PM

From the Binghamton Sens blog in the Binghamton paper:

Joy Lindsey
Eventually, three individual shoving matches were going on around Levasseur, and then Greening and Mirasty's turned ugly, leading to Greening's second pro fight.

Greening held his ground, and even landed some big punches, which surprised me considering he spent the last four years fight-free at Cornell while Mirasty was piling up the penalty minutes. Though nothing bad came of it for the B-Sens, Kleinendorst didn't really think it was a necessary exchange.

"I don't know," Kleinendorst said. "The problem there was we got our lead too big, too quick. Frankie's an intelligent guy, and he knew, and he knows, there's no reason to at that point. Mirasty, up to that point, had been honest. He plays a certain way, and I thought that he played the way that he needs to play, and there was no disrespect. I don't exactly know what started that, but I think we could have done without it."

Daugavins had a slightly different take.

"It's end of the game, it's 7-0, and players like Mirasty, they just try to look for trouble," Daugavins said. "I think Frankie did a good job not fighting him, because there's no need of getting injury on a guy like him who can't play hockey. He is just out there to find somebody to fight, and every time he touches the puck, it's like advantage for our team because he's losing it and we get a chance to go on offense. Greening stepped up and did very good, because he probably didn't want to fight, but he did really good. I was very impressed with him."

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 18, 2010 10:03PM

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 19, 2010 12:50AM

Six more Binghamton Sens games this season will be on Time Warner.
[www.binghamtonsenators.com]

Date: December 19, 2010 01:22AM

Douglas Murray doesn't appear in this

Sharks mock holiday album commercial, but he gets mentioned at about 55 seconds in.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 22, 2010 09:38PM

Moulson won't get a point, but he setup the play and got the "third assist" and a plus on an overtime goal Tavares just scored.

Date: December 23, 2010 07:44PM

Good news: Isles up 3-zip early on NJ.

Bad news: Moulson hasn't been out for his last couple shifts and may have gone to the lockeroom.

Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.179.---)
Date: December 23, 2010 08:13PM

Matt Moulson got checked or elbowed in the head by Anton Volchenkov on the first shift of the game. Matt went to the dressing room and missed several shifts before returning and getting a plus on John Tavares's goal. Matt stayed in the dressing room, however, for the start of the second period.

Edit: Matt did not return to the game after the first intermission. The Islanders lone beat reporter had no update on Matt's condition or symptoms.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 11:23PM by cbuckser.

Greening video
Posted by: ebilmes (---.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net)
Date: December 27, 2010 10:18PM

"Greening's finding his groove"

[www.wicz.com]

Date: December 27, 2010 11:02PM

cbuckser
Matt Moulson got checked or elbowed in the head by Anton Volchenkov on the first shift of the game. Matt went to the dressing room and missed several shifts before returning and getting a plus on John Tavares's goal. Matt stayed in the dressing room, however, for the start of the second period.

Edit: Matt did not return to the game after the first intermission. The Islanders lone beat reporter had no update on Matt's condition or symptoms.

After missing the next game, Moulson returned in time for tonight's epic horror 7-2 loss to the Rangers.

Date: December 28, 2010 01:38AM

Trotsky
cbuckser

After missing the next game, Moulson returned in time for tonight's epic horror 7-2 loss to the Rangers.

Matt Moulson didn't miss any games. After passing his neurological tests, he played 21½ minutes in the Islanders' 4-1 win over the Habs last night.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 28, 2010 09:31AM

Trotsky
cbuckser

You mean you weren't amused by the Rangers' broadcasters spending the first half of the game paying lip service to Roloson for not giving up soft goals, and then Roloson proceeding to give up three bad ones in the second half of the game?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login