Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Quick Question - Women's ticketing?

Posted by RinkRatInExile 
Quick Question - Women's ticketing?
Posted by: RinkRatInExile (---.viacom.com)
Date: November 02, 2010 10:46AM

Hello all,

Just wondering if women's hockey is a ticketed sport at Cornell. There's a chance I'm going to be coming up on Saturday for the football game, and I was thinking of making my way over to Lynah afterwards. Do I need to worry about getting a ticket?

Also, how far from Schoellkopf is Lynah? Would I want/need to drive from one to the other? It's been a while since I've been in Ithaca, and while I could probably get my answers with a couple of web searches, I'd rather ask you folks and engage with the community a bit.

Thanks,

EO

Re: Quick Question - Women's ticketing?
Posted by: ajh258 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: November 02, 2010 10:50AM

For women's tickets, adults are $6, seniors $5, children from 5 to high school $4. Not sure if you can buy at the door, but call the athletics ticket office 607-255-4247 for more info.

Schoellkpf Field is right across the street from Lynah. No need to drive.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: November 02, 2010 01:26PM

Might as well make this the pregame thread. ECAC awards Jenner Rookie OTW, Mazzotta Goalie OTW. Brandon Thomas's IJ preview.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 02, 2010 02:41PM

ajh258

In fact the parking garage behind/under the Schoellkopf west stands/press box is one of the more convenient places to park for a hockey game.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: November 02, 2010 03:26PM

jtwcornell91
ajh258

In fact the parking garage behind/under the Schoellkopf west stands/press box is one of the more convenient places to park for a hockey game.
Just be sure to back in to your spot or it will be very difficult to get out if you're trying to leave at the same time as everyone else.

Personally, I just head down to Ctown for a few hours after the game, leaving the car in the garage for the duration. :-D

Date: November 02, 2010 03:31PM

Kyle Rose
jtwcornell91
ajh258

Just be sure to back in to your spot or it will be very difficult to get out if you're trying to leave at the same time as everyone else.

Personally, I just head down to Ctown for a few hours after the game, leaving the car in the garage for the duration. :-D

I prefer to leave my car in the parking lot at the Hillside if I get to town early enough to check in. :-D

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 02, 2010 06:48PM

ajh258
For women's tickets, adults are $6, seniors $5, children from 5 to high school $4. Not sure if you can buy at the door, but call the athletics ticket office 607-255-4247 for more info.
They charge for women's hockey now? How long has that been the case? I really doubt I would've gone to any games when I was on campus if I'd had to pay but then I hear the squad has improved a little bit since the '90s.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: November 02, 2010 09:46PM

KeithK
ajh258
They charge for women's hockey now? How long has that been the case? I really doubt I would've gone to any games when I was on campus if I'd had to pay but then I hear the squad has improved a little bit since the '90s.

Students are free if they have Big Red Sports Pass.

Date: November 02, 2010 11:29PM

KeithK
I hear the squad has improved a little bit since the '90s.

Nice understatement. :-D

BTW, I noticed that there was a new red banner in the rafters, but the three new white banners had not appeared yet. Are they waiting to do some sort of raising at the first non-exhibition home game?

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2010 11:48PM

jtwcornell91
KeithK
I hear the squad has improved a little bit since the '90s.

Nice understatement. :-D

BTW, I noticed that there was a new red banner in the rafters, but the three new white banners had not appeared yet. Are they waiting to do some sort of raising at the first non-exhibition home game?

That would be pretty sweet. I wish I could get out there to see a game this year, but it's not likely. Hopefully there will be some decent video streams. I seem to remember redcast carrying some games last season.

As far as women's tickets/admission - I think they've always technically charged admission for non-students but back in the late 90s and early 2000s nobody ever bothered to collect it. It didn't have anything to do with performance - I can't remember any ticket takers or anything in 1997-98, when the team was solid if unspectacular. Of course, at that time students had free admission to all sporting events (except men's hockey), so they probably figured the majority of fans wouldn't be paying and it wasn't worth it to hire people to take tickets/check IDs.

The last time I went to a women's hockey game (3-4 years ago) there was a lady sitting at a table by the entrance collecting cash payments in a cardboard box. They might have polished things up since then.

For those looking for tickets - I highly doubt the games will even come close to selling out. You might be able to get away with bringing some cash to the rink, but if you're traveling from out of town you should probably call the ticket office to check on the policy.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: November 03, 2010 03:03AM

I can't imagine them charging admission and then not allowing you to buy tickets/pay at the door. How stupid would that be?

The season high for attendance so far was 423 in tonight's loss to Mercyhurst. I don't see them selling out this weekend.

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2010 06:48AM

jtwcornell91

From Doug Derraugh's e-mail women's ice hockey update: "On Saturday Nov. 6th we play Dartmouth at 4 pm at Lynah Rink. Dartmouth has also yet to lose a game and have played great so far. Before the game we will be unveiling our Ivy League, ECAC and NCAA banners from our 2009/2010 season. Our four graduated seniors from last year, Liz Zorn, Laura Danforth, Mel Jue, and Kelly McGinty, will be returning to perform the unveiling."

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 03, 2010 01:20PM

ACM
Our four graduated seniors from last year, Liz Zorn, Laura Danforth, Mel Jue, and Kelly McGinty, will be returning to perform the unveiling."
Classy! rock

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2010 08:39PM

Tom Lento
The last time I went to a women's hockey game (3-4 years ago) there was a lady sitting at a table by the entrance collecting cash payments in a cardboard box. They might have polished things up since then.

Yep, it's now 3 ladies with a metal cashbox.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login