Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

The Jersey

Posted by CowbellGuy 
The Jersey
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2010 01:39PM

[clear]

That is all.

Re: The Jersey
Posted by: pfibiger (---.embarqservices.net)
Date: October 25, 2010 03:25PM

How much can these jerseys cost? Can we at elynah each sponsor a jersey to get rid of these monstrosities? Is there an annual fund checkbox I can tick to build up a slush fund so that this never happens again?

Posted by: pfibiger (---.embarqservices.net)
Date: October 25, 2010 03:33PM

Also: It's unusual that a freshman goaltender has a (correctly) painted mask at this point in the season. Is that in fact Andy's Cornell mask? If so, anyone know what's on it? Age, do you have a picture of it?

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: October 25, 2010 03:52PM

I got a couple closer-up pictures of Andy Iles that show the helmet. I wouldn't be surprised he's got the helmet done already. He's an Ithaca native who's paid attention to Big Red Hockey his whole life. I bet he's been working on the helmet for months.

Date: October 25, 2010 04:16PM

Andy was still wearing his old helmet in the Red/White game, so he likely just got the new helmet. I don't think it's unprecedented, but it certainly is unusual with the last crop of goalies to have it ready this soon.

As for the jerseys, someone heard from a certain AAD that the jerseys were not a mistake but ordered intentionally that way and no one told Schafer. If that's true, it's a whole other thing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 04:17PM by CowbellGuy.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 25, 2010 05:00PM

CowbellGuy
As for the jerseys, someone heard from a certain AAD that the jerseys were not a mistake but ordered intentionally that way and no one told Schafer. If that's true, it's a whole other thing...
I can easily imagine some bean counter going for this jersey type to save a few bucks.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: October 25, 2010 06:07PM

KeithK
CowbellGuy
I can easily imagine some bean counter going for this jersey type to save a few bucks.
Why would this jersey be any less expensive than the traditional Cornell jersey?

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: October 25, 2010 06:07PM

Can't we make a deal with the company from whom we ordered the jerseys? We'll buy from them for the next seven (or ten or whatever it takes) years at whatever the regular price is that we pay, if they give us free replacements this year. Has anyone at least tried to do something? Or whoever ordered these should pay for the replacements.

Alternatively, can't we use last year's.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 25, 2010 07:22PM

Is there also a deeper, more Harvard Crimson-like hue to the jerseys? Maybe it's just us and the players like how the jerseys are styled (maybe). Feedback from somebody less than 5 years out of Cornell?

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: October 25, 2010 08:01PM

t
billhoward
Is there also a deeper, more Harvard Crimson-like hue to the jerseys? Maybe it's just us and the players like how the jerseys are styled (maybe). Feedback from somebody less than 5 years out of Cornell?

the jerseys they got stuck with look to me like the same design that the women's team wears. aside from the similarity to BU, i don't think they are all that bad. at least it's not a non-traditional look with ugly graphics and such. anyway, the away jerseys should remain the same i believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 08:03PM by imafrshmn.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 25, 2010 08:05PM

Josh '99
KeithK
CowbellGuy
Why would this jersey be any less expensive than the traditional Cornell jersey?

Because it's the Detroit Red Wings blank. I'm sure there are tons of these being manufactured, compared to our unique coloring/stripe combination, which I'm sure have to be custom ordered. Same reason why these blanks were the ones used for PSP's replicas for a while. The closest I've seen to our usual stripings are one of the Miami Redhawks' jerseys, and even those are slightly different because the red stripe is all the way at the bottom hem.

Posted by: munchkin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 25, 2010 08:26PM

I'm less than 5 years out, and I like the normal (read old) ones.

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 25, 2010 11:08PM

I have been a devoted Cornell hockey fan since 1968. I didn't even notice that the jerseys were different. I watched the players wearing them.

There actually have been some changes in the Cornell jersey styling over the last 50 years. It isn't like someone toyed with an iconic image when they placed their jersey order whether it was mistaken or intentional.

Posted by: mha (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 25, 2010 11:47PM

imafrshmn
aside from the similarity to BU, i don't think they are all that bad. at least it's not a non-traditional look with ugly graphics and such. anyway, the away jerseys should remain the same i believe.

I gather the new away jerseys match the new home jerseys. And, I don't think these jerseys are ugly. I just think they're wrong. :-\

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 25, 2010 11:51PM

Just Win, Bâby.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: October 25, 2010 11:57PM

dag14
I have been a devoted Cornell hockey fan since 1968. I didn't even notice that the jerseys were different. I watched the players wearing them.
It's not like we're all going to root for Harvard because some idiot ordered the wrong jerseys. But it's hard to not notice the change and disappointing to see us go with a less unique style.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 12:12AM

"Laundry? We're talking about laundry? The real season's about to start and we're talking about laundry?"

- Allan Iverson, college hockey player

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 07:39AM

I like the old style better but it might be an economy move. The whole University is taking large cuts owning to the losses in the endowment and the need to offer more discounts (the proper term for financial aid) in the presence of out of control tuition and the economic meltdown.

In the end my loyalty is to the team and the players in the uniform. If it is Carnelian I am cheering for it.

Posted by: underskill (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2010 08:37AM

Towerroad
I like the old style better but it might be an economy move. The whole University is taking large cuts owning to the losses in the endowment and the need to offer more discounts (the proper term for financial aid) in the presence of out of control tuition and the economic meltdown.

In the end my loyalty is to the team and the players in the uniform. If it is Carnelian I am cheering for it.

If that's the case, you don't take the money out of athletic's one showpiece program--leave the cheap PSP/Detroit/BU uniform templates with the women's team. Besides, I doubt any Red Wings fans want any link to Ned Harkness on any level.

I suppose it could always be worse though. [uscho.teamfanshop.com]

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 09:10AM

Sticking the (#1 ranked) women's team with what are perceived as inferior uniforms would probably not pass muster in the politically correct would of the University. I dislike political correctness but in is case both teams should wear the same uniform and each deserves our support.

Let's hope that when the puck drops this is a thing of the past.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 09:47AM

Towerroad
both teams should wear the same uniform and each deserves our support.
Equality and all that, but the teams have historically not worn the same uniforms, so sticking the women's team with the men's kit would be just as bad as sticking the men with the women's.

It could be worse. It has been worse. I don't have a photo handy, but there was a dalliance in the Nethery-Tredway Era with stupendously ugly sweaters.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 09:48AM by Trotsky.

Date: October 26, 2010 09:54AM

Trotsky
Towerroad
Equality and all that, but the teams have historically not worn the same uniforms, so sticking the women's team with the men's kit would be just as bad as sticking the men with the women's.

It could be worse. It has been worse. I don't have a photo handy, but there was a dalliance in the Nethery-Tredway Era with stupendously ugly sweaters.

Referring to historic precedence when talking about gender equity issues in college sports is probably not the best way to make the point. I like the idea that they wear the same uniform it is part and parcel of the Cornell Hockey Brand (although this argues for the old style for both)

Date: October 26, 2010 10:10AM

Towerroad
Trotsky
Towerroad

Referring to historic precedence when talking about gender equity issues in college sports is probably not the best way to make the point. I like the idea that they wear the same uniform it is part and parcel of the Cornell Hockey Brand (although this argues for the old style for both)
The point is their traditional style belonged to them and is "unequal" only by a retroactive application of the current fad for labeling everything traditional as insidious.

Date: October 26, 2010 10:14AM

Clearly it is time to drop the puck!

Date: October 26, 2010 10:16AM

Clearly. 3 days 9 hours and counting. cheer

Date: October 26, 2010 11:49AM

RichH
Josh '99
KeithK
CowbellGuy

Because it's the Detroit Red Wings blank. I'm sure there are tons of these being manufactured, compared to our unique coloring/stripe combination, which I'm sure have to be custom ordered. Same reason why these blanks were the ones used for PSP's replicas for a while. The closest I've seen to our usual stripings are one of the Miami Redhawks' jerseys, and even those are slightly different because the red stripe is all the way at the bottom hem.
Hmm, I suppose that's plausible. Do we know that they (that is, what we're referring to as the "traditional" Cornell jerseys) actually do cost more, then?

Date: October 26, 2010 03:35PM

Josh '99
RichH
Josh '99
KeithK
CowbellGuy

Hmm, I suppose that's plausible. Do we know that they (that is, what we're referring to as the "traditional" Cornell jerseys) actually do cost more, then?

Let me take a stab.

I estimate that the total run of sweaters for the men, women, and faithful is on the order of 3000 per season. For runs of this length machine set up is a meaningful part of the cost equations. Making one style for men, women and fans probably yields mfg cost savings which at the wholesale level means price savings.

There is one other big cost win. The sleeves for both the home and away sweaters are the same so I suspect there is some real set up savings in the sleeve production department. Instead of making 16 sleeve styles (4 sizes, 2 sides, 2 colors combos) they only have to make 8.

So, I suspect that these cost less to make and probably cost less to buy than the more complex older style. Rest assured though they will not cost you less in the CU Store.

That being said I like the old style with the narrower elbow band and home and away sleeves better.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: October 26, 2010 04:59PM

Towerroad
I estimate that the total run of sweaters for the men, women, and faithful is on the order of 3000 per season. For runs of this length machine set up is a meaningful part of the cost equations. Making one style for men, women and fans probably yields mfg cost savings which at the wholesale level means price savings.
For one thing I highly doubt the total number of Cornell hockey jersies produced per year is anywhere near 3000. That would be 3/4 of Lynah Rink buying a new jersey every year.

Secondly, and more importantly, the jersies sold to the general public other than the game-worn ones are not actual jersies. They are not only not made the same way or are lacking features; they aren't even made of the same material. The official game jersies are made of a complex two-layer weave that breathes well despite being heavy-gauge and highly durable. The stuff fans buy at the games or in the campus store would turn to shreds inside of one game. FWIW, my team buys jersies very similar to Cornell's from a Canadian company but far thinner and less durable, and those cost us $90/pc for "standard" styles, so getting a game-worn, custom-designed jersey for $125 is likely to be below cost and therefore a huge steal.

Your point that economies of scale are the reason for this, however, is likely to be spot-on if indeed cost considerations were part of the decision, and it wasn't just a mistake. But IMO if true this is dumb: the cost of the jersies would be completely covered by auctioning off the prior year's jersies, as I guarantee an auction would net more than their cost given how fast they sell out first-come-first-served.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 05:01PM by Kyle Rose.

Date: October 26, 2010 05:17PM

Towerroad
Josh '99
RichH
Josh '99
KeithK
CowbellGuy

Let me take a stab.

There is one other big cost win. The sleeves for both the home and away sweaters are the same so I suspect there is some real set up savings in the sleeve production department. Instead of making 16 sleeve styles (4 sizes, 2 sides, 2 colors combos) they only have to make 8.

So, I suspect that these cost less to make and probably cost less to buy than the more complex older style. Rest assured though they will not cost you less in the CU Store.

That being said I like the old style with the narrower elbow band and home and away sleeves better.
Since you seem to have a decent handle on the practicalities of the manufacturing process, let me ask another question: is the cost of machine setup mitigated at all by the fact that we're doing the same "special order" every year? By which I mean, yes, your manufacturing equipment needs to be set up differently than it is to make Red Wings/BU-style sleeves, but it's the same different setup every year, as contrasted with the NHL in the 1990s where it seemed like every team was rolling out a new third jersey that would require a new manufacturing process every year.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2010 06:10PM

Towerroad
Sticking the (#1 ranked) women's team with what are perceived as inferior uniforms would probably not pass muster in the politically correct would of the University. I dislike political correctness but in (th)is case both teams should wear the same uniform and each deserves our support.

Which, of course, is the whole point of "political correctness". Welcome to our side.:-D

Date: October 26, 2010 07:10PM

Josh '99
Towerroad
Josh '99
RichH
Josh '99
KeithK
CowbellGuy

Let me take a stab.

Since you seem to have a decent handle on the practicalities of the manufacturing process, let me ask another question: is the cost of machine setup mitigated at all by the fact that we're doing the same "special order" every year? By which I mean, yes, your manufacturing equipment needs to be set up differently than it is to make Red Wings/BU-style sleeves, but it's the same different setup every year, as contrasted with the NHL in the 1990s where it seemed like every team was rolling out a new third jersey that would require a new manufacturing process every year.

I don't want to overstate my expertise in apparel mfg but I have worked for mfg companies for a long time. In my experience there is a mix of set ups. One time like programming a robot or stencils for PCB's. There is some of that in apparel. I believe most of the fabric cutting or lettering is done on CNC controlled equip and if the BU style is a standard style then there are costs to be avoided. My guess is that the bigger overhead cost is the actual production and with every job there is a period of set up and in this case it might be ordering and getting the right color materials on the equipment (Carnelian is not Crimson after all thank God!) Longer runs on fewer sku's is a classic formula for lowering mfg costs.

Date: October 26, 2010 07:16PM

I suspect that when it comes to Campus speech codes and people taking grave offense at any idea that is right of center you and I might disagree but when it comes to gender equality is sports I have seen what a positive effect sports have had on my daughters and other girls I have coached to think any other way.

So of course we are on the same side. We both cheer for the Red and fully understand that Harvard Sucks!

LGR

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 26, 2010 07:37PM

Jim Hyla
Towerroad
Sticking the (#1 ranked) women's team with what are perceived as inferior uniforms would probably not pass muster in the politically correct would of the University. I dislike political correctness but in (th)is case both teams should wear the same uniform and each deserves our support.

Which, of course, is the whole point of "political correctness". Welcome to our side.:-D
Wearing different jerseys has nothing to do with gender equality. Oh sure, maybe if the women were forced to wear flimsy practice jerseys thee might be an issue but not based on style.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 11:58PM

I like the old style better. Go Red.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: October 27, 2010 07:37AM

KeithK
Jim Hyla
Towerroad

Wearing different jerseys has nothing to do with gender equality. Oh sure, maybe if the women were forced to wear flimsy practice jerseys thee might be an issue but not based on style.
Oh come on Keith, do you really think I have that narrow a view of gender equality. No, it was an opportunity too good to pass up. Smiley and all.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2010 10:58PM

Towerroad
Sticking the (#1 ranked) women's team with what are perceived as inferior uniforms would probably not pass muster in the politically correct would of the University. I dislike political correctness but in is case both teams should wear the same uniform and each deserves our support.

What happened to the student-designed women's hockey uniforms from several years back?
Cornell Chronicle
The Cornell University women's ice hockey team has snazzy new uniforms, thanks to the creativity of a class of undergraduate students in textiles and apparel in the university's College of Human Ecology. Cornell is the only Ivy League university with a department of textiles and apparel; the project is a classic example of how faculty find "real life" interdisciplinary, practical challenges for students as vehicles for learning.
After a fashion show, of sorts, during which students presented their designs, the hockey players selected the uniform design by Adrianna Hirtler '99, an agricultural, resource and managerial economics major.
"We picked a uniform that had pizzazz and a touch of old-time flavor to it, with a tie eyelet that the old NHL [National Hockey League] uniforms had," says Carol Mullins, coach of the hockey team. "The lightweight nylon jersey has a nice gray mesh underarm cooling panel and numbers on the shoulders for visibility to the fans."

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 28, 2010 01:32AM

David Harding
Towerroad

What happened to the student-designed women's hockey uniforms from several years back?
Cornell Chronicle
The Cornell University women's ice hockey team has snazzy new uniforms, thanks to the creativity of a class of undergraduate students in textiles and apparel in the university's College of Human Ecology. Cornell is the only Ivy League university with a department of textiles and apparel; the project is a classic example of how faculty find "real life" interdisciplinary, practical challenges for students as vehicles for learning.
After a fashion show, of sorts, during which students presented their designs, the hockey players selected the uniform design by Adrianna Hirtler '99, an agricultural, resource and managerial economics major.
"We picked a uniform that had pizzazz and a touch of old-time flavor to it, with a tie eyelet that the old NHL [National Hockey League] uniforms had," says Carol Mullins, coach of the hockey team. "The lightweight nylon jersey has a nice gray mesh underarm cooling panel and numbers on the shoulders for visibility to the fans."

I don't know, but I suspect the players didn't want to look like candy canes.

Posted by: Weder (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2010 03:21AM

cbuckser
David Harding
Towerroad

Cornell Chronicle

I can't find any pictures online, but I think the student-designed jerseys were different from the candy-cane jerseys of the late '90s (which were essentially old-school Red Wings jerseys). For what it's worth, one of the women's players once told me that the team liked the candy-cane jerseys.

Posted by: RichH (167.225.107.---)
Date: October 28, 2010 12:32PM

Weder
cbuckser
David Harding
Towerroad

Cornell Chronicle

I can't find any pictures online, but I think the student-designed jerseys were different from the candy-cane jerseys of the late '90s (which were essentially old-school Red Wings jerseys). For what it's worth, one of the women's players once told me that the team liked the candy-cane jerseys.

I thought the student-designed jerseys also had some shiny, metallic silver accents in them as well.

Date: October 28, 2010 11:08PM

Weder
cbuckser
David Harding
Towerroad

Cornell Chronicle

There is a photo in what was at the time known as Cornell Magazine. It's a 48MB download of the whole issue, but on page 24 you can see them in glowing color.
Prof Susan Ashdown
Also, the uniform had to make the women look tough, not like candy canes.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 29, 2010 01:04AM

David Harding
Weder
cbuckser
David Harding
Towerroad

Cornell Chronicle

There is a photo in what was at the time known as Cornell Magazine. It's a 48MB download of the whole issue, but on page 24 you can see them in glowing color.
Prof Susan Ashdown
Also, the uniform had to make the women look tough, not like candy canes.

I stand corrected.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2010 05:43PM

Did you think the Tredway era (80's) was worse than the approx 1974 shirt???

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2010 06:44AM

The '74 thing is a monstrosity. It could be a Canucks sweater.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2010 07:46PM

Yeh...Worst Cornell Jersey ever.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2010 10:41PM

I think the '74 men's jersey was designed by students too.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 05, 2010 12:49PM

from USCHO a barb at the end.

Date: November 05, 2010 04:25PM

Brian and I were talking about they jerseys last Saturday at the BU game. We decided this season's jersey would be a collector's item that no one would want to have. And I don't believe for a second that it was intentional,

Date: November 05, 2010 05:03PM

Oh, it was intentional.

Date: November 05, 2010 05:53PM

munchkin
Brian and I were talking about they jerseys last Saturday at the BU game. We decided this season's jersey would be a collector's item that no one would want to have. And I don't believe for a second that it was intentional,
Can something be a collector's item if nobody wants it?

Date: November 05, 2010 06:32PM

Josh '99
munchkin
Can something be a collector's item if nobody wants it?

Good Question.

And, Age, why do you say it was intentional? Has anyone in the hockey office come out saying that it was their intention to switch jerseys and not even have the home/road jerseys be inverses of each other anymore?

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: January 21, 2011 01:19PM

In the Jan.-Feb. edition of Cornell Magazine, there's a one page article written by Mark Anbinder describing the jersey issue. It mentions the chilly reception this year's uniforms have gotten on elynah. Most importantly, it concludes with a quote from Mike Schafer that next year we'll be back to the traditional design.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.calsnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 21, 2011 01:50PM

jkahn
In the Jan.-Feb. edition of Cornell Magazine, there's a one page article written by Mark Anbinder describing the jersey issue. It mentions the chilly reception this year's uniforms have gotten on elynah. Most importantly, it concludes with a quote from Mike Schafer that next year we'll be back to the traditional design.

Get your limited edition jersey here!

Date: January 21, 2011 07:05PM

ajh258
jkahn

Yeah, it actually almost makes me want to buy one just for the oddity factor.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2011 09:49PM

Just burn them now and be done with it.

Date: January 21, 2011 10:17PM

ajh258
jkahn

You won't have a complete set without one.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 21, 2011 10:19PM

jkahn
Linky!

Date: January 22, 2011 09:09AM

judy
jkahn
Linky!
Here is a link

[cornellalumnimagazine.com]

I am forced to conclude that the only plausible explanation for the Mens performance this year is that the new uniform has offended the hockey gods. They seem real pissed off. The home uniform is clearly cursed. So I offer the following solution:

First we must stop offending the gods. The team must wear anything but the offending sweater. It would be good if they just ordered a batch of new, old style, uncursed uniforms. Borrowing uniforms from the faithful could work I am sure there would be a line 1000 strong offering to help turn the season around. Taking some old 60's sweaters out of their picture frames might help reverse the bad mojo. Hell, even XXXL white T shirts with Cornell scrawled across the front would be better. This last suggestion has an element of humiliation and atonement that could be interpreted by the gods as a sign of contrition.

Secondly, all traces of the offending article must be consigned to the flames. Sacrifices must be made. All game worn, signed jerseys, all the inventory in the store and locker room, any instance of our folly must be rooted out and destroyed. A large bonfire in the Arts Quad between Ezra and Andy with the faithful, the team, coaches, Athletic Dept. and administrators right up the the President and Trustees on their knees pleading for the gods favor and vowing never to sin again. It may be be necessary to perform the ultimate act of mortification and sing the Harvard Alma Mater as a sign of just how deeply we will debase ourselves to regain the gods favor. I strongly recommend that anyone involved in the actual ordering of this filthy rag not attend. Human sacrifice, while pleasing to the gods, is to be discouraged (unless we lose to Harvard).

Finally, after every last one of these abominations has been hunted down and consigned to the flames. It may be necessary to destroy all pictures of our shame. Deleting them from 1000's of cameras, athletic and Sun archives, and even reshooting the team pictures in travel uniforms, or the atoning T shirts. We must never again speak of the cursed garments, they never existed, we do not know what you are talking about and if you don't stop we will beat you to a pulp or cut you with our sarcasm.

Of course, the hockey gods are mercurial. While the men have struggled mightily in their cursed apparel the women have done spectacularly well. The gods clearly favor the female form in this blessed garment. So they should clearly keep them but we must all, to our dying day swear that there was never an instance in recorded history when the men wore that design, never; it did not happen; that picture you have was photoshopped; let me see it; where is my lighter?

Let Go Red!
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2011 11:28AM by Towerroad.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2011 09:45AM

judy
jkahn
Linky!
MHA in CAN
(Fortunately, the all-red road uniforms have not been changed.)

eLF-level nitpick: assuming the road unis are from Red Wings blanks and look like the jerseys PSP sold in the past, this year's road uniforms are also different: the "real" Cornell unis have red below the white stripe at the waist, while the rred Big Red Wings jerseys have the white stripe at the bottom with no red below it.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: January 24, 2011 10:57AM

jtwcornell91
judy
jkahn
Linky!
MHA in CAN

eLF-level nitpick: assuming the road unis are from Red Wings blanks and look like the jerseys PSP sold in the past, this year's road uniforms are also different: the "real" Cornell unis have red below the white stripe at the waist, while the rred Big Red Wings jerseys have the white stripe at the bottom with no red below it.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: January 24, 2011 05:09PM

jtwcornell91
judy
jkahn
Linky!
MHA in CAN

I was going to mention this also, but honestly, the one game I've seen this season with the road reds was at QU, and I didn't remember to take a look. I figure I'll confirm this during the upcoming weekend.

Date: January 24, 2011 09:02PM

jtwcornell91
judy
jkahn
Linky!
MHA in CAN

An observable with which to test the Red Wings blank hypothesis!

Date: January 25, 2011 07:52AM

David Harding
jtwcornell91
judy
jkahn
Linky!
MHA in CAN

An observable with which to test the Red Wings blank hypothesis!

Then these too must be consigned to the flames. Does our shame know no bounds.

Date: January 25, 2011 08:22AM

Towerroad
Does our shame know no bounds.
I think we all know the answer to this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login