Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Harvard Hockey T-Shirt Slogan Contest

Posted by TimV 
Harvard Hockey T-Shirt Slogan Contest
Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: October 19, 2010 05:17PM

I am not making this up. In my email (On the list from prior ticket purchase) I got the folowing invitation:

Attention Harvard Students,
The Harvard hockey season is upon us and we want YOU to pick the slogan for the first give-a-way!To kick off the season, 250 student t-shirts will be given away at the Men’s Hockey home opener vs Union on November 5 at 7 p.m. The only thing we are missing is a slogan!

Submit your best slogan today on Facebook! Visit www.GoCrimson.com/HockeySlogan, click to attend the Facebook event, and post your slogan on the event wall. If yours is chosen, it will be printed on 250 t-shirts and given away to the first 250 students at the Friday, November 5th Men’s Hockey game! Hurry, the deadline for submission is Friday, October 22nd at Midnight.

I don't know if I'm up to the task. It'll have to be good enough for 225 vsiting team fans to want to wear after the usual 25 students show up and claim their shirts.

I'm sure you all can help me. Whadaya say Trotsky, billhoward, ugarte, et al?bananabananabanana

Re: Harvard Hockey T-Shirt Slogan Contest
Posted by: munchkin (---.partners.org)
Date: October 19, 2010 06:14PM

I got this in my e-mail and was a little surprised that they'd send it to the list of anyone who has purchased tickets in the past. That's a rather broad audience to be asking for a team slogan.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 19, 2010 09:00PM

munchkin
I got this in my e-mail and was a little surprised that they'd send it to the list of anyone who has purchased tickets in the past. That's a rather broad audience to be asking for a team slogan.

I wonder how many on the list are "cornell.edu" emails.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 19, 2010 09:06PM

TimV
I am not making this up. In my email (On the list from prior ticket purchase) I got the folowing invitation:

Attention Harvard Students,
The Harvard hockey season is upon us and we want YOU to pick the slogan for the first give-a-way!To kick off the season, 250 student t-shirts will be given away at the Men’s Hockey home opener vs Union on November 5 at 7 p.m. The only thing we are missing is a slogan!

Submit your best slogan today on Facebook! Visit www.GoCrimson.com/HockeySlogan, click to attend the Facebook event, and post your slogan on the event wall. If yours is chosen, it will be printed on 250 t-shirts and given away to the first 250 students at the Friday, November 5th Men’s Hockey game! Hurry, the deadline for submission is Friday, October 22nd at Midnight.

I don't know if I'm up to the task. It'll have to be good enough for 225 vsiting team fans to want to wear after the usual 25 students show up and claim their shirts.

I'm sure you all can help me. Whadaya say Trotsky, billhoward, ugarte, et al?bananabananabanana
Harvard Hockey: We have to give you t-shirts to get you to show up.

[/the easy answer]

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 19, 2010 10:43PM

Makes me want to go back for this year's game and bring along suitable (eyes of the beholder) Harvard slogan T-shirts.

I'm free-associating here: Erich Segal ... money ... "Bright" Center ... money ... grades ... grade inflation ... privilege ... empty seats ... bridge named after your college ... seafood ... schrod or scrod ...

The official winner will be something like: HARVARD HOCKEY - THE LOVE STORY CONTINUES. They'll probably put 'Love Story' in quotes to make sure everyone gets the play on words.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 20, 2010 08:36AM

"Gracious Hosts"

Posted by: pfibiger (97.101.186.---)
Date: October 20, 2010 08:51AM

Trotsky
"Gracious Hosts"

heh.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: October 20, 2010 02:00PM

Only 250? I know, I know, that may still exceed the number of people who show up. But as a public service, shouldn't they hand one out to everyone who attends, just to provide something that could be used to shield one's eyes against the glare from Teddie's dome?

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 20, 2010 09:09PM

Killer
Only 250? I know, I know, that may still exceed the number of people who show up. But as a public service, shouldn't they hand one out to everyone who attends, just to provide something that could be used to shield one's eyes against the glare from Teddie's dome?

So Teddy's still there and hasn't been let go over the summer?

Posted by: billhoward (---.sub-75-198-224.myvzw.com)
Date: October 21, 2010 10:46AM

pfibiger
Trotsky
"Gracious Hosts"

heh.
Subtle is good. Some of them would get it.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.atc-nycorp.com)
Date: October 21, 2010 11:04AM

Oh My Lord.

I foolishly allowed my curiosity to get the best of me and went and visited the site. Don't Do That. Some of the suggestions are bad beyond any conceivable level of wretchedness.

Please, PLEASE, help me to un-see that!

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: October 21, 2010 03:47PM

Give My Regards
Oh My Lord.

I foolishly allowed my curiosity to get the best of me and went and visited the site. Don't Do That. Some of the suggestions are bad beyond any conceivable level of wretchedness.

Please, PLEASE, help me to un-see that!

I see what you mean, I want to wash my eyes out with H2SO4. On the other hand there is one that could be improved by just changing the last d to an f

Harvard Ice Hockey - that's the smell of ultimate dedication!
Go Crimson!

Date: October 22, 2010 04:01PM

My Sister Married a Harvard Investment Banker (Still Serving Time) and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt

Date: October 22, 2010 04:07PM

Google shows eLynah's thread (this) ranking higher than the Harvard T-shirt contest on Facebook.

This suggestion has a nice edge (are we all reading it the same way?):
One Team, One Goal

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: October 22, 2010 04:09PM

billhoward
My Sister Married a Harvard Investment Banker (Still Serving Time) and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt
If only some of them did have to pay for their mistakes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login