Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

CU at Harvard tickets on sale today

Posted by CUDrew0105 
CU at Harvard tickets on sale today
Posted by: CUDrew0105 (134.174.163.---)
Date: August 23, 2010 11:09AM

Just a quick heads up that at Harvard tickets went on sale this morning at 10 through the web only. You will not be able to call in to the ticket office this year and reserve seats. There was a computer glitch this morning, but that appears to be corrected as I was just able to get through and get tickets. This is 1 month earlier than these tickets usually go on sale, so I wanted to give everyone a heads up before they are all gone!

Free Iggy!!!!

Re: CU at Harvard tickets on sale today
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: August 23, 2010 12:48PM

CUDrew0105
Just a quick heads up that at Harvard tickets went on sale this morning at 10 through the web only. You will not be able to call in to the ticket office this year and reserve seats. There was a computer glitch this morning, but that appears to be corrected as I was just able to get through and get tickets. This is 1 month earlier than these tickets usually go on sale, so I wanted to give everyone a heads up before they are all gone!
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Just got 4.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 23, 2010 01:29PM

Jim Hyla
CUDrew0105
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Just got 4.
Ditto.

Section 1, row H, seats 1 and 2

Posted by: ajh258 (---.res-wired.cornell.edu)
Date: August 23, 2010 02:15PM

Aren't the CU sections usually in 14 and 15? I know I could just stand there in the back but Section 1 is on the opposite end.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 23, 2010 04:03PM

ajh258
Aren't the CU sections usually in 14 and 15? I know I could just stand there in the back but Section 1 is on the opposite end.
Well, you could spend the day at your computer waiting for Harvard's computer to offer you sections 14 or 15, or take good seats when they pop up. Section 1 is in a corner--the best place to watch a hockey game.

Date: August 23, 2010 04:47PM

Al DeFlorio
ajh258
Well, you could spend the day at your computer waiting for Harvard's computer to offer you sections 14 or 15, or take good seats when they pop up. Section 1 is in a corner--the best place to watch a hockey game.
Well, second best.;-) Sec. 13 is the CU fan corner. Usually 13 to 19, or so are all Cornell fans. 14-15 are more general CU fans, 16-18, or so, are more Boston based CU fans. Certainly more than half the fans in attendance are expected to be CU.

There still seem to be single tickets for sale.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: August 23, 2010 05:10PM

Ticket searches now returning Section 13, the Cornell corner.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: August 23, 2010 05:20PM

Beeeej
Ticket searches now returning Section 13, the Cornell corner.

Yay! I just got 2 at Section 13 and no lottery! See you guys there =D

Posted by: RichH (167.225.107.---)
Date: August 23, 2010 05:39PM

Dammit, still giving me alternating Section 1 and Section 7. I wish it were a little more sophisticated in seat selection ability.

Interesting that the CU game is the same price as the other home games, while grad students & kids get hit with a $2 hike.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: August 24, 2010 03:24PM

Just got mine in section 24

Posted by: dbilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: August 25, 2010 08:53PM

This really sucks. I don't check eLynah for a few days and I miss out on the Sucks tickets. They're only selling individual seats online now.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 26, 2010 11:37AM

dbilmes
This really sucks. I don't check eLynah for a few days and I miss out on the Sucks tickets. They're only selling individual seats online now.
So buy them. You can always move, god knows it's never full.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: August 26, 2010 12:33PM

Jim Hyla
dbilmes
Particularly not next year, when it could be a battle of sub-.500 teams.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: August 26, 2010 04:17PM

Jim Hyla
dbilmes

Exactly. I rarely spend more than 1 period in any one section or standing area. So many people to see scattered all over the place, plenty of unoccupied seats (especially on the opposite end) in most sections, and you rarely see their ushers do anything, really.

Date: August 27, 2010 09:31PM

RichH
Jim Hyla
dbilmes

Exactly. I rarely spend more than 1 period in any one section or standing area. So many people to see scattered all over the place, plenty of unoccupied seats (especially on the opposite end) in most sections, and you rarely see their ushers do anything, really.

It's not the ushers I'm worried about. It's the party of 20 that arrives half way through the 2nd and says "hey, we have all these seats," and then forces you to move down to some weird spot.

Posted by: profudge (---.bluebird.ibm.com)
Date: August 30, 2010 10:06AM

Digression: got this in an e-mail from a retired friend:

This has got to be the GREATEST promo for the USMC that I, as an American, have ever seen ... OOH-RAH!!!!

(see attached image) innocent

Posted by: Cornell95 (---.natick.army.mil)
Date: September 02, 2010 11:45AM

I even checked the Harvard website the first week of August to see if they had updated it
Was still showing the 2009/2010 schedule and no mention of 2010/2011 tickets being released

Check back 10days later and totally sold out
Hopefully I will be able to score tickets from the CCoB when they sell their block
(weird game time this year too, Saturday 4pm)

Date: September 02, 2010 01:58PM

Try again. It looks like the open up a section at a time. I checked this AM and there were multiple seats in Section 1 which will probably be a Red section.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 02, 2010 08:06PM

Cornell95
I even checked the Harvard website the first week of August to see if they had updated it
Was still showing the 2009/2010 schedule and no mention of 2010/2011 tickets being released

Check back 10days later and totally sold out
Hopefully I will be able to score tickets from the CCoB when they sell their block
Ooh, lots of drinking time after the game.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: September 03, 2010 08:30AM

Cornell95
The Harvard athletics web site has it as 7.

Date: September 03, 2010 09:40AM

Well that is one way to win. Schedule the game at 4 and tell the other team it is at 7. Might also mean that Sucks fans would outnumber the faithful.

Posted by: jaybert (76.233.2.---)
Date: September 13, 2010 11:48AM

OCD pays off.

a bunch more tickets are not available. i just picked up 8 tickets in section 13. i saw large blocks in 9, 21, 22, 13.

enjoy!!

Posted by: Cornell95 (---.natick.army.mil)
Date: September 13, 2010 03:35PM

myself and another friend just picked up blocks in Section 8
(straight across from the pep band, not to self, bring ear plugs)

Date: September 13, 2010 04:57PM

jaybert
OCD pays off.

a bunch more tickets are not available. i just picked up 8 tickets in section 13. i saw large blocks in 9, 21, 22, 13.

enjoy!!
Boy, that's news to me; I thought a bunch more have always been not available.nut

Posted by: jaybert (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 14, 2010 12:49AM

Jim Hyla
jaybert
OCD pays off.

enjoy!!
Boy, that's news to me; I thought a bunch more have always been not available.nut

:) pickings are getting more slim...section 9 now.

hopefully everyone who was looking for tickets was able to pick some up. guessing they'll be sold out again soon.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: September 15, 2010 02:55PM

jaybert
OCD pays off.

enjoy!!

This is how they have worked it the last couple of years. Releasing tickets in spurts over a period of time. I guess we can live with this method...beats the "4-game package" plan they once had.

Posted by: RobertSchur (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: September 23, 2010 07:52PM

Ooops...Did NOT anticipate this and only just saw it. The new cowbell guy just got shut out of Harvard tickets. Anybody have extras to sell? PM me please if you do.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: September 23, 2010 09:16PM

RobertSchur
Ooops...Did NOT anticipate this and only just saw it. The new cowbell guy just got shut out of Harvard tickets. Anybody have extras to sell? PM me please if you do.
Keep trying at the Harvard Athletics web site. This year they seem to be dribbling out the tickets. A few minutes ago they were happy sell me one, but I didn't take it.

Re: CU at Harvard tickets - you go, you'll find a way to get in
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 23, 2010 09:20PM

[clear]
February 19, 2010, Cornell at Harvard, second period.

Robert, this was a complete sellout, no-tickets-available game, according to Harvard. It looks as if (though maybe the camera is just distorting things, sort of like what the media does to poor Christine O'Donnell) there are a sprinkling of vacancies in the stands, plus one more in front of the Harvard net.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.lightlink.com)
Date: September 23, 2010 11:32PM

Try the lotto at our ticket office later this year. If you nor your friends can get enough tickets, there's always people willing to sell them face value on game day.

Posted by: RobertSchur (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: September 24, 2010 01:44AM

There are singles available, though not in the Cornell corner. A ticket is just a way in the door though, so I'll probably just instruct the crew to buy the singles and we'll find a place to sit together.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 24, 2010 03:15PM

For a loyal Harvard hockey fan, there must be nothing more disheartening than hearing a chant from the Cornell visitors, "This is our house."

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.atc-nycorp.com)
Date: September 27, 2010 08:54AM

billhoward
For a loyal Harvard hockey fan, there must be nothing more disheartening than hearing a chant from the Cornell visitors, "This is our house."

You're right, they don't like it. I recently heard from both of them.

Date: September 27, 2010 01:01PM

Actually I think the most disheartening moment comes just before the 3rd period. First the Sucks announcer reminds both Sucks fans that they are about to play their anthem. The the band begins and the jumbtron helps both fans follow the bouncing ball through the lyrics. A few even manage to sway in time. The pathetic scene draws to a close and the Sucks band finishes up. Immediately there is a drum roll and 2000 Cornellians stand and sing. My favorite movement of the game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2010 02:08PM by Towerroad.

Date: September 28, 2010 01:13PM

Harvard to host Swedish National Under-20 Team. Another reason to learn their anthem? Anybody going to be in Boston 11/1?

Posted by: munchkin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 28, 2010 10:45PM

I'll probably go to that game. They canceled playing BU on the trip which is too bad; BU while not the best team in Hockey East by any standards now, would still probably have a slight bit more parity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login