Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Recruit Andy Iles playing this week!

Posted by Trigger 
Cornell Recruit Andy Iles playing this week!
Posted by: Trigger (---.nhl.com)
Date: July 28, 2010 05:37PM

In case anyone else has the hockey itch already...

Incoming Cornell goaltender Andy Iles will be attending the US National Junior Team Evaluation Camp from July 30-August 8 in Lake Placid. Andy is a local product, and the Big Red's highly-touted netminder of the future. If you'd like to see him play, Fasthockey.com will be carrying games from August 3-7 at 4pm each day. The games are pay-per-view, but I think you'll be able to watch some of the practice sessions for free.

Or you can travel up to Lake Placid to watch him live - depending on how advanced your hockey withdrawal has become...

Re: Cornell Recruit Andy Iles playing this week!
Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: August 01, 2010 03:21PM

...And it didn't go so well, apparently:

[www.nhl.com]

Was anyone there? Were they soft?

EDIT:

He previously did better:

In the Blue net, Michael Houser started and stopped 14 of 16 shots, and then Andy Iles stopped 16 of 18 shots in relief.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 03:23PM by LaJollaRed.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.rutgers.edu)
Date: August 02, 2010 11:10AM

Iles made it through first round of cuts (down from 42 to 28 - 3 goalies left). Does anyone know if they carry 2 or 3 goalies on the final roster? I'm assuming Campbell will be the starter. Don't know anything about Gothberg.

EDIT - sorry forgot to attach the link to the current roster: [www.usahockey.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 11:13AM by Ronald '09.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: August 02, 2010 12:42PM

Ronald '09
Iles made it through first round of cuts (down from 42 to 28 - 3 goalies left). Does anyone know if they carry 2 or 3 goalies on the final roster? I'm assuming Campbell will be the starter. Don't know anything about Gothberg.

Gothberg was a sixth round pick by the Bruins in this year's draft.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 02, 2010 11:19PM

Our son, a college goalie but playing at a much different level from the U-20 team, is working in Lake Placid this summer, saw Saturday's intra-squad scrimmage, and felt Iles did not play up to expectations. Scott said Iles seemed out of positon at times after making initial saves. That was just the one game.

BTW the Lake Placid Olympic ice facility is getting a significant expansion of its convention / meeting facilities. Maybe that will help draw in a few more meetings, conferences, whatnot. LP could use the traffic. Even with summer lacrosse and rugby tournaments plus the Ironaman plus two weeks of horse shows the place doesn't fill up. Maybe LP will make another bid for the ECACs if Atlantic City fails to draw.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: August 04, 2010 03:16PM

billhoward
Maybe LP will make another bid for the ECACs when Atlantic City fails to draw.

FYP

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 04, 2010 06:21PM

Iles saved 18 out of 21 shots in a 6-3 victory over Finland today after sitting as the backup when Campbell saved 24 out of 27 shots against Sweden in a 6-3 win yesterday. I'm assuming Gothberg will get the third game (Friday against Sweden) after being a healthy scratch yesterday and being the backup to Iles today. The final game is Saturday against Finland again.

I didn't get to see any of today's game, but the three Finland goals were 5x5, 5x4, and 5x3 respectively. No idea whether they were soft or not.

As far as I can tell, the final roster is 22 players, so 13 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies. And I think Campbell is pretty much a lock to be the starter unless he really plays horribly or gets hurt after his semi-heroic performance last year and his overall polish as a netminder compared with the other two.

I would think if Iles makes the team, even if Campbell played every minute, it would be worth missing the two games in Florida for the experience he would gain just being part of a team like that. Do people older than me who were following Cornell hockey when other players had this opportunity have any comments on that?

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: August 05, 2010 06:47AM

Ronald '09
I would think if Iles makes the team, even if Campbell played every minute, it would be worth missing the two games in Florida for the experience he would gain just being part of a team like that. Do people older than me who were following Cornell hockey when other players had this opportunity have any comments on that?
I can't comment on other Cornell players, but it definitely helped the development of RPI's Jerry D'Amigo last year.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 05, 2010 09:14AM

ursusminor
Ronald '09
I can't comment on other Cornell players, but it definitely helped the development of RPI's Jerry D'Amigo last year.
Is this the tournament that LeNeveu played in? I don't think it helped him much; if anything it showed how far behind Marc-Andre Fleury he was.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: August 05, 2010 10:44AM

ugarte
ursusminor
Ronald '09
Is this the tournament that LeNeveu played in? I don't think it helped him much; if anything it showed how far behind Marc-Andre Fleury he was.
One would hope that seeing that would have been helpful.

Posted by: Snapper (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 05, 2010 10:50AM

I wouldnt worry about Mr Iles. He has won at every level. Put any doubt out of your mind. Cornell will enjoy his play, consider yourself lucky to have someone in goal with his abilities. GO AI

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: August 05, 2010 11:13AM

Snapper
I wouldnt worry about Mr Iles. He has won at every level. Put any doubt out of your mind. Cornell will enjoy his play, consider yourself lucky to have someone in goal with his abilities. GO AI
Artificial Intelligence? whistle

Posted by: CKinsland (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: August 05, 2010 03:12PM

ursusminor
Snapper
Artificial Intelligence? whistle

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: August 06, 2010 11:53AM

Gothberg starting and Campbell backup today.

Date: August 06, 2010 06:12PM

Rough game for Gothberg and Team USA, losing 4-1 to Sweden. He gave up all four goals on 28 shots. From the live blog, it sounds like he had a pretty rough game overall. That's got to help Iles's chances of making the final roster. Not sure who will be in net tomorrow against Finland. That's the final game of this camp.

Box score: [www.usahockey.com]
Game blog: [usahockey2.com]

Date: August 07, 2010 02:06PM

Campbell starting today. Iles dressed as backup, Gothberg a healthy scratch.

EDIT: Campbell gave up 3 goals on 17 shots in a 8-3 victory over Finland.

A final statistic in terms of games played/dressed:
Campbell: 2 starts, 1 backup
Iles: 1 start, 2 backups
Gothberg: 1 start, 1 backup

Not sure if that means anything, but it seems to indicate the order is Campbell then Iles then Gothberg.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2010 06:27PM by Ronald '09.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-75-194-64.myvzw.com)
Date: August 09, 2010 07:01AM

ursusminor
Ronald '09

It did...... and then he returned to Troy. He seemed ready to set the world on fire for maybe two our three games.

I felt he came down to earth (or maybe down to the play of the other Engineers) after a bit. Hopefully he will be in good form this fall. It would be great to see some excitement beyond the renovation of the north end of the rink.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2010 07:07AM by marty.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: August 10, 2010 01:36PM

marty
It would be great to see some excitement beyond the renovation of the north end of the rink.

Are there plans to renovate the east, west, and south ends? And the middle? And then burn it to the ground and build a proper rink? No? Thought I'd ask.

Posted by: jts15 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 11, 2010 08:20AM

marty
Hopefully he will be in good form this fall.

Nothing confirmed but this makes it sound like he's moving on to the pro level.
[www.tsn.ca]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2010 09:14AM

jts15
marty
Hopefully he will be in good form this fall.

Nothing confirmed but this makes it sound like he's moving on to the pro level.
[www.tsn.ca]

"he"=D'Amigo, not Iles. Don't scare me like that! panic

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: profudge (---.dr04.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: August 11, 2010 11:12AM

Pretty much the same info at:

Jerry D'Amigo May sign w/ Toronto, Binghamton Press & Sun

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: August 11, 2010 05:16PM

D'Amigo has signed, via ECAC website.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-75-194-50.myvzw.com)
Date: August 11, 2010 09:09PM

Since D'Amigo is now gone from Troy I thought it important to update/ fix my prior post. The west end of Houston is being renovated. And there will be dark beer served in section 7. Exactly how we'll get the beer into the rink is yet to be determined.

Posted by: profudge (---.bluebird.ibm.com)
Date: August 12, 2010 03:01PM

Check out Adam's article titled
College Hockey News: Adam Wodon
Between the Lines: The Tipping Point?
College Hockey Continues to Bleed Talent
At: CHN: Between The Lines

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 13, 2010 09:46PM

I guess this is as good a place as any: INCH profiles Eposito.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: August 24, 2010 06:46AM

marty
Since D'Amigo is now gone from Troy I thought it important to update/ fix my prior post. The west end of Houston is being renovated. And there will be dark beer served in section 7. Exactly how we'll get the beer into the rink is yet to be determined.

Perhaps I was hasty in announcing the sale of beer in section 7. We will now be serving a full bar (cash only).

RIP 2010-2011

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login