Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros - July 2010

Posted by David Harding 
Alumni in the Pros - July 2010
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: July 04, 2010 03:29PM

Link to the translation
Google translates Official Website Hockey Club "Torpedo"
Frontline club of the National Hockey League for the San Jose Sharks' Ryan Veske in the new season will play in the Nizhny Novgorod "Torpedo". The NHL 2009/2010 party two matches stars AHL held for "sharks" of 9 games in which they noted three abandoned washers and 2 tally. In addition, 28-year-old striker has played 35 matches for farm-club (Worcester Sharks) and they scored 30 points (14 +16).

The fan comments sound just like any other place, too, enthusiastic, questioning, responsive.

chuvstvuetsyab that based torpedo collect the second knight. in the new season will be a lot of fine and fights. if only the result will not be harmed

mich
How do you get that? The stats for both look, a fine double of 58 minutes last season in the league from which came such men as Segdon.Vse Good will.

winked You swim my "shark" - all four fin! winked

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2010 10:15AM by Beeeej.

Ken Dryden on the NHL network
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 06, 2010 09:05PM

NHL network is showing three Canadiens' Stanley Cup games from the '70s tonight, Wednesday, and Thursday, giving a chance to see Ken Dryden in action. Note how Ken in his pads looks pretty much like a human being, not the Pillsbury doughboy. Check your local listings for times. They're shown multiple times each.

Re: Ken Dryden on the NHL network
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: July 07, 2010 08:11AM

It didn't need it's own thread, but CU announced Steve Wilson to join the CU Athletic Hall of Fame. Here's his bio from the release:

Steve Wilson '97, Men's Ice Hockey
Wilson was a three-time first-team All-Ivy and a two-time All-ECAC first-team selection. A defenseman, he had 16 goals, 74 assists, and 91 points for his career. He also graduated with the most games played in Cornell history (128), missing only one contest in four years. Wilson played on two ECAC championship teams (1996 and '97), two Ivy League championship teams (1996 and '97) and two NCAA tournament squads. Wilson was named to the 1993-94 All-ECAC Rookie Team. A three-time recipient of the Wendell and Francella Earle Award for outstanding academic achievement, he served as co-captain his senior year when the Big Red made it to the NCAA quarterfinals before falling to North Dakota.
I didn't realize Mitchell Alva posted the whole release on "Other Sports", sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2010 08:13AM by Jim Hyla.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - July 2010
Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 07, 2010 03:39PM

Good news. David LeNeveu is back on our side of the pond. He signed a 1-year, 2-way deal with the Blue Jackets.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.dr01.glvv.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: July 07, 2010 05:07PM

Matt Moulson has filed for arbitration:

Posted by: redice (---.sub-75-237-195.myvzw.com)
Date: July 07, 2010 05:17PM

cbuckser
Good news. David LeNeveu is back on our side of the pond. He signed a 1-year, 2-way deal with the Blue Jackets.

Great news..If he doesn't make the NHL, we'll be able to go to Syracuse to watch him play. YAY!!!

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: amerks127 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: July 07, 2010 08:48PM

redice
cbuckser

Great news..If he doesn't make the NHL, we'll be able to go to Syracuse to watch him play. YAY!!!

Unfortunately, when Edmonton moved its affiliate Oklahoma, Columbus moved its prospects to Springfield and Syracuse is now affiliated with the Anaheim Ducks. So here's hoping he gets traded?

Posted by: underskill (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 08, 2010 08:13AM

[www.torontosun.com]

Scrivens at Leafs' prospects camp.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.dr01.glvv.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: July 08, 2010 11:37AM

Cornell hockey team awaits word from Riley Nash: [www.theithacajournal.com]

Open spots tempting for Nash: [hurricanes.nhl.com]

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: July 08, 2010 03:20PM

pfibiger
Cornell hockey team awaits word from Riley Nash: [www.theithacajournal.com]

Open spots tempting for Nash: [hurricanes.nhl.com]

Even with Riley Nash in the system, I still can't bring myself to root for the Hurricanes. Yeah, I do still hold a grudge about their leaving Hartford pissed. The rest of my family, however, is more forgiving, so when Riley does join the Hurricanes (hopefully for the 2011-2012 season!!), I can get my nephew a "NASH" jersey to replace the "STAAL" one that he will have outgrown by then.

Posted by: jts15 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 09, 2010 12:57PM

More speculation on Nash...
[www.kuklaskorner.com]

Posted by: ebilmes (---.eastfowl2.iit.edu)
Date: July 09, 2010 02:52PM

jts15
[www.kuklaskorner.com]

I think the more realistic attitude is seen in other recent stories about Nash, which have expected him to compete with several other Canes prospects for the two open spots at center. As much as it would be nice to see him jump straight into the third line, I think that's a little ridiculous.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 09, 2010 03:05PM

ebilmes
jts15
[www.kuklaskorner.com]

I think the more realistic attitude is seen in other recent stories about Nash, which have expected him to compete with several other Canes prospects for the two open spots at center. As much as it would be nice to see him jump straight into the third line, I think that's a little ridiculous.

Do people really think Riley will play centre in the NHL? I always assumed he would move to wing. I can't find the statistics to back me up or prove me wrong anywhere, but my impression from watching is that he never wins a big faceoff.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 09, 2010 05:15PM

Ronald '09
but my impression from watching is that he never wins a big faceoff.

That used to be the case, but he definitely improved last season.

Date: July 14, 2010 12:43AM

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: July 14, 2010 01:54PM

cbuckser
Here is the latest Riley Nash speculation.
Interesting side note from that article:

that article
Also lost to graduation was the ECAC’s defenseman of the year Justin Krueger, who was drafted by Carolina in the seventh round of the 2006 Entry Draft. As an aside, Carolina will lose their rights to Krueger if he isn’t signed by August 1. There’s some speculation that he’ll return to his native Germany, but the Canes are trying to get him under contract for Charlotte.

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: July 15, 2010 01:51PM

Talk of Moulson's upcoming arbitration hearing is picking up. He's getting a few mentions on some blogs as well as nhl.com though mainly from the angle of "has most to prove"

[sports.yahoo.com]

[www.nhl.com]

[www.lighthousehockey.com]

Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.179.---)
Date: July 16, 2010 08:19PM

Raymond Sawada signed a one-year, two-way contract extension with the Stars. His AHL salary is $10,000 higher, but his NHL salary is over $100,000 lower.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: July 17, 2010 07:04PM

Article, via ECAC website, on Scrivens in the Spruce Grove Examiner.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: July 18, 2010 12:35PM

Not exactly the right thread, but this Ithaca Journal announcement of the Teeter's 60th Anniversary.bananacheer

Date: July 19, 2010 01:11PM

I posted about Riley Nash signing in the Riley Nash thread. Like all entry-level deals, it's a two-way contract. This contract's NHL base pay is a couple of hundred thousand dollars below the entry-level maximum of $900,000. His bonuses are also well below than the max.

Date: July 26, 2010 01:03PM

According to ECAC Gallagher to go to Finland.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: July 26, 2010 11:20PM

Jim Hyla
According to ECAC Gallagher to go to Finland.
Wikipedia on the new team Jokerit.
Offical Jokerit web site with the announcement.

Google translates
Dehner and Gallagher probation
Young North American players Jeremy Dehner and Blake Gallagher joined the team on Monday, Jokerit probation. Both the American defender Dehner that kanadalaishyökkääjä Gallagher seeking game places the period commencing on the team.

Each player has had a successful university career. Gallagher, 22, played four seasons at Cornell University and Dehner, 23, in turn, the University of Massachusetts Lowell. Dehner was at the end of last season's experience in the AHL through the Norfolk team. Both have been in previous years with their own young team activities.

Both initial period of probation of at least three weeks and includes four games. However, it is possible that the probationary period will always be training matches until the end of September to early.

Jokerit has hired pelaajakoordinaattorikseen Ville Siren, acting as his own work alongside Pesti. His main professional activity is a St. Louis Blues NHL team in the European Scout functions.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.rutgers.edu)
Date: July 27, 2010 10:43AM

Moulson avoids arbitration: 1 year, $2.45 million.

[www.tsn.ca]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 10:44AM by Ronald '09.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.inet6.dpw.com)
Date: July 27, 2010 11:15AM

Ronald '09

[www.tsn.ca]

I think that's huge a steal for the Islanders if Moulson puts up similar numbers to last year. Probably the smartest move Garth Snow has made as GM.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: July 27, 2010 01:01PM

There are probably some questions about whether he can replicate his accomplishments last season. I thought he competed hard on nights where many of the Isles seemed to have given up. He'll get what he's due after another good season.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: July 27, 2010 01:18PM

Seems like a good deal for both sides. Matt gets paid off on what may have been a fluky season (and if not, as RatushnyFan says, he'll get paid more handsomely if he repeats). And the Islanders have to give money to somebody(s) to get above the floor, so why not to the guy who scored 30 for you last year?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 28, 2010 12:56AM

amerks127
Ronald '09

[www.tsn.ca]

I think that's huge a steal for the Islanders if Moulson puts up similar numbers to last year. Probably the smartest move Garth Snow has made as GM.
That's not all that high a standard of comparison.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: July 28, 2010 08:51AM

Josh '99
Hey now. :-(

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: July 28, 2010 08:57AM

RatushnyFan
There are probably some questions about whether he can replicate his accomplishments last season. I thought he competed hard on nights where many of the Isles seemed to have given up. He'll get what he's due after another good season.
I watched him a lot last season, and his game grew tremendously. The only "worry," if that's the right word for an Isles fan, is that there was such a dearth of talent he could come from an obscure pick-up to a first liner on the strength of camp and pre-season play. As the Isles continue to load up on young talent, there will be a lot more competition.

Matt played a great two-way game down the stretch and he earned a ton of respect and almost cult status among longtime Isles fans. I think he could be a very good 2/3 liner in the longterm even as the club's fortunes turn. The Tavares links don't hurt, either.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2010 09:00AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: July 28, 2010 09:30AM

I read that cult writeup yesterday. Interesting conclusions, all very positive. One question in my mind is how Long Matt wants to commit in turn to the Islanders. They are the first team to give him a real chance across a full season but at the same time................well, just look at their history over the last decade. Maybe he misses Doug(las).

Posted by: amerks127 (---.inet6.dpw.com)
Date: July 28, 2010 01:22PM

Josh '99
amerks127
Ronald '09

[www.tsn.ca]

How high is 15yr/$67.5m?

Date: July 28, 2010 01:33PM

Trotsky
RatushnyFan
I watched him a lot last season, and his game grew tremendously. The only "worry," if that's the right word for an Isles fan, is that there was such a dearth of talent he could come from an obscure pick-up to a first liner on the strength of camp and pre-season play. As the Isles continue to load up on young talent, there will be a lot more competition.

Matt played a great two-way game down the stretch and he earned a ton of respect and almost cult status among longtime Isles fans. I think he could be a very good 2/3 liner in the longterm even as the club's fortunes turn. The Tavares links don't hurt, either.
I don't know, that sounds too much like a baseball discussion for me.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: July 28, 2010 03:05PM

amerks127
Josh '99
amerks127
Ronald '09

[www.tsn.ca]

How high is 15yr/$67.5m?
Must've been pretty high on something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login