Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Brown Tickets (FYI)

Posted by Lisa McGill 
Brown Tickets (FYI)
Posted by: Lisa McGill (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 03:19PM

I'm moving this out of Harvard Roll Call just in case...

On Anne '85's advice, I just called the Brown ticket office. When I asked about buying tickets at the door, the guy snickered. He said that it wasn't likely, and that the Cornell side was almost sold out. Having said which, he proceeded to get me five tickets together, three rows up from "the catwalk" (the sidewalk that spilts the bleachers midway up), on the blue line. help

So, maybe the Cornell side is almost gone, or maybe it's almost gone by Brown standards. Either way, if you're like us and you bought tickets at the door in the past, you might want to call.

Brown ticket office: (401) 863-2773

Re: Brown Tickets (FYI)
Posted by: Adam '01 (205.217.105.---)
Date: February 12, 2003 03:32PM

Just had no problem getting 5 tickets together 4 rows above the catwalk thing.

As an FYI, he said to GET THERE EARLY IF YOU WANT PARKING NEAR THE RINK.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 04:00PM

Thanks to Rich for directions to Brown that he posted on another thread. A small quote from that website(my emphasis):[Q]The Scoop on Tickets:
All seating at Meehan is essentially general admission. Students receive free admission for all home games simply by showing ID and are not issued tickets. However, most students sit on the south side of the building, closest to the main entrance, in the area of Sections C, D, and E. The Brown University Band often occupies the majority of Section B.
Visiting fans generally congregate on the north side of the building, although they can also be found scattered through the upper sections on the south side, mixed in with students and non-student Brown supporters. The most dedicated and organized visiting fan groups, such as the enormous entourage that follows the Cornell Big Red, can occupy the majority of the north side.
Meehan Auditorium sells out about as often as Le Stade Olympique for an Expos game, so getting tickets will almost never present a problem. Crowds are somewhat bigger when Brown plays traditional rivals such as Harvard and Providence College, or when Brown hosts teams with large traveling fan bases, such as Cornell and Clarkson. The easiest way to get tickets is to walk up to the Meehan box office before the game. Tickets are readily available, and the lines are short or nonexistent. If you subscribe to the “better-safe-than-sorry” approach, contact the Ticket Office.[/Q]So is it general admission or not? I'lltry and call for tickets tomorrow, I guess.

Posted by: jy3 (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 04:01PM

yes, parking stinks at bruno. especially if there are other athletic events going on. there was a track meet when i visited a few years back!

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 04:07PM

It is not general admission.

I think what that blurb was trying to say is that, as attendance at Brown has been awful during recent years, you could pretty much sit wherever you wanted to--as if it were general admission.

A year or two we were asked to leave the seats we had plopped ourselves in by a couple of nonagenarian Brown season-ticket holders, because the seats we were in happened to be theirs.

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 04:10PM

Friends, apparently, Brown has renovated Meehan and there is a new luxury "skybox." My colleagues at Brown will try to sneak us in for a look, and maybe some free food. :-P

Posted by: Adam '01 (205.217.105.---)
Date: February 12, 2003 04:16PM

The skybox is really Buddy's jail cell. :-)

Posted by: jd212 (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 05:27PM

Everybody is always so worried about getting tickets. There is ALWAYS a way to get into a game, even if they say it is sold out. Very rarely will an arena turn away people. Very often people (especially students) don't show up to a game and they are more than willing to sell more tickets. I have been up to Cornell numerous times for home weekends without tickets, and I have managed to find a way to get in (and always with tickets at face value.) Trust me, if I can get into Lynah, you guys can get into Bright or Meehan. If you want to go, just go. There will be a way to get in. Has anyone truly ever the had the experience at a rink where they have tried every possible method to get in and was unsuccessful?

Date: February 12, 2003 08:23PM

No, I've never been shut out, but it's taken some real creative work to get in. One game at RPI we were meeting some friends from Hartford and I had called and reserved 4 seats. Unfortunately, the box office did not have the order and they were sold out. They passed me around to see if Cornell might have mistakenly gotten the tickets and eventually let me into the rink through the team entrance. A quick look to the fans in the Cornell Club of the Capital District and I got 4 stubs, with which we all talked ourselves in through the gate.

But having been that close once, I don't want to have to do it again.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: February 13, 2003 04:15PM

Just ordered my ticket from Brown.

I was told there were 582 remaining. Based on recent past experiences at Meehan, I'm skeptical there's such great demand. And my ticket is allegedly in the row right above the so-called "catwalk." Maybe they removed 1,000 seats to build the skybox.

Date: February 13, 2003 04:56PM

I just got mine as well.(Better safe than sorry.) They asked Cornell or Brown side, when I said Cornell, they said, it figures. laugh So, I guess we will have alot of fans there.

See everybody tomorrow, with candy. I'll be late however.:-/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login