Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

USCHO Picks Union

Posted by Beeeej 
USCHO Picks Union
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 18, 2010 10:49AM

Brian Sullivan picks Union over Cornell in the title game. I loved his explanation for his pick of Cornell over Brown in the semis:

I really, really like Brown. The Bears play with heart, they play all-out hockey, and I really hope that they're teaching opponents a thing or two about desire along the way. That said, in the interests of picking with my mind and not my heart, I have to go with Cornell. The Big Red are the dream-crushers, they play in games that end streaks and crush passion. They are the soul-devouring juggernauts of the league, because they are so systematically thorough in every aspect of the game that they will completely suck every ounce of energy out of your lineup. It's not a flaw or a criticism — it's a very, very powerful attribute, and nobody does it like Cornell.

[www.uscho.com]

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: USCHO Picks Union
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 11:16AM

Yeah, but this is what I really like:

There is no question that the Red will also pack the house this weekend, bringing the league’s largest fan base to the Times-Union Center once more. If there’s any part of this team that relies on its past, it’s the fans: Legions of Cornell students have swayed to “Hail Cornell” and jumped about to “Give My Regards to Davy;” it’s an inimitable facet of the Ithaca experience.

One team, one season, will never kill that kind of loyalty, nor can any one year elevate such devotion to something beyond … but boy, one year can resonate for a long, long time in the hearts of those who care. The Big Red have a lot of those hearts, and the power to make them beat in unison.

Read more: [www.uscho.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 11:47AM

Jim Hyla
Yeah, but this is what I really like:

There is no question that the Red will also pack the house this weekend, bringing the league’s largest fan base to the Times-Union Center once more. If there’s any part of this team that relies on its past, it’s the fans: Legions of Cornell students have swayed to “Hail Cornell” and jumped about to “Give My Regards to Davy;” it’s an inimitable facet of the Ithaca experience.

One team, one season, will never kill that kind of loyalty, nor can any one year elevate such devotion to something beyond … but boy, one year can resonate for a long, long time in the hearts of those who care. The Big Red have a lot of those hearts, and the power to make them beat in unison.

Read more: [www.uscho.com]

Wow, that's...that's...better than the Scrivens quote, in terms of frameability.

When did USCHO decide to hire writers?

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 12:31PM

I'll say it now. If we lose to Union in the final on Saturday I will take the blame for the following comment last Friday night:

So if you're a Union fan when do you just give up and stop hoping that your team will ever win in the playoffs? Geez, losers in both of the two longest games in history.
Note to the Woofing Gods: I did not mean to taunt you with this comment. I was honestly empathizing with the long suffering Union fan.
:-D

Posted by: ajh258 (132.236.214.---)
Date: March 18, 2010 12:44PM

It seems like Sullivan might have underestimated the difficulty of Union's schedule. They just walked away from a long weekend against Quinnipiac and are facing the tougher opponent on Friday night. If they manage to beat SLU and make it to Saturday, they have to face our team, who hopefully had an easier night and a few extra hours of rest.

In addition, we just beat them recently at home and there were some questionable calls during the tie we had earlier this season. And by his logic of "youth, vigor, and heart" over our "system", Brown should be standing in the championship with their "heart" instead.

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nyc.deshaw.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 01:01PM

Beeeej
Brian Sullivan picks Union over Cornell in the title game. I loved his explanation for his pick of Cornell over Brown in the semis:

I really, really like Brown. The Bears play with heart, they play all-out hockey, and I really hope that they're teaching opponents a thing or two about desire along the way. That said, in the interests of picking with my mind and not my heart, I have to go with Cornell. The Big Red are the dream-crushers, they play in games that end streaks and crush passion. They are the soul-devouring juggernauts of the league, because they are so systematically thorough in every aspect of the game that they will completely suck every ounce of energy out of your lineup. It's not a flaw or a criticism — it's a very, very powerful attribute, and nobody does it like Cornell.

[www.uscho.com]

Any chance I'll be able to pick up a t-shirt that says Cornell on the front and “The Soul-Devouring Juggernauts of ECAC Hockey." on the back?

Date: March 18, 2010 01:09PM

ajh258
It seems like Sullivan might have underestimated the difficulty of Union's schedule. They just walked away from a long weekend against Quinnipiac and are facing the tougher opponent on Friday night. If they manage to beat SLU and make it to Saturday, they have to face our team, who hopefully had an easier night and a few extra hours of rest.

In addition, we just beat them recently at home and there were some questionable calls during the tie we had earlier this season. And by his logic of "youth, vigor, and heart" over our "system", Brown should be standing in the championship with their "heart" instead.

Brown clearly wins the NCAA Championship of "Heart."

Ah, the bookends to a season...

Date: March 18, 2010 01:33PM

ajh258

Careful there, you might want to bow down and pray for forgiveness.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 01:59PM

JasonN95
Beeeej

[www.uscho.com]

Any chance I'll be able to pick up a t-shirt that says Cornell on the front and “The Soul-Devouring Juggernauts of ECAC Hockey." on the back?
I am so tempted to put one together at Cafe Press.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 18, 2010 02:06PM

Jim Hyla
ajh258

Careful there, you might want to bow down and pray for forgiveness.

AHHH THE GODS OF CU HOCKEy! PLEASE sPARE MY PATHETIC LIFE! smashfreak

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 18, 2010 02:09PM

JasonN95
Beeeej

[www.uscho.com]

As awesome a phrase as that is, I kind of resent the implication that our guys don't play with heart. Some poster on a USCHO thread about the tournament mentioned that Brown's seniors are fired up because they want to win something before they graduate. Maybe so, but you can be damn sure our seniors are fired up too.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: March 18, 2010 02:18PM

Josh '99
JasonN95
Beeeej

[www.uscho.com]

As awesome a phrase as that is, I kind of resent the implication that our guys don't play with heart. Some poster on a USCHO thread about the tournament mentioned that Brown's seniors are fired up because they want to win something before they graduate. Maybe so, but you can be damn sure our seniors are fired up too.

Oh no, not another "heart-intensity" debate. :-O

LGR!!

Posted by: sockralex (170.202.22.---)
Date: March 18, 2010 02:30PM

Rita
Josh '99
JasonN95
Beeeej

[www.uscho.com]

LGR!!

I think "momentum" is a much more valid forecast of future game results. Simple physics! The "heart" argument adds biology to the equation and just muddies the water.

Both teams want it bad; that's what makes playoff hockey the best at any level.

Posted by: RichH (167.225.107.---)
Date: March 18, 2010 02:34PM

sockralex
Rita
Josh '99
JasonN95
Beeeej

[www.uscho.com]

LGR!!

I think "momentum" is a much more valid forecast of future game results. Simple physics! The "heart" argument adds biology to the equation and just muddies the water.

Except the really, really little pee-wees. They just want the post-game pizza.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: March 18, 2010 02:43PM

RichH
sockralex
Rita
Josh '99
JasonN95
Beeeej

[www.uscho.com]

LGR!!

(on nitpick) Aren't the really, really little hockey players called "mites"? I thought Pee-Wees were ~12-13 age group, Squirts ~9-11, and Mites 8 and under. ;-) (off nitpick).

Hey, pizza (especially when served with adult beverages) can be a very good motivator, just ask any current or former graduate student :-}!

Date: March 18, 2010 02:51PM

Rita
RichH
sockralex
Rita
Josh '99
JasonN95
Beeeej

[www.uscho.com]

LGR!!

(on nitpick) Aren't the really, really little hockey players called "mites"? I thought Pee-Wees were ~12-13 age group, Squirts ~9-11, and Mites 8 and under. ;-) (off nitpick).

No, thanks!! I was actually wondering what the correct terminology was when composing that.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: March 18, 2010 03:23PM

Brown is the David Eckstein of college hockey.

Date: March 18, 2010 03:37PM

Jordan 04
Eckstein isn't enough of a prick to be Brown. Brown is the Larry Bowa of college hockey.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 05:54PM

Josh '99
Jordan 04
Eckstein isn't enough of a prick to be Brown. Brown is the Larry Bowa of college hockey.

1) Don't dis the Phillies asshole

2) Bowa actually won a championship. moon

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 18, 2010 08:55PM

RichH

Apparently some pee-wee girls teams even play without facemasks just to get some McDonalds food. At leat that is what they showed during the Olympics about 10,000 times.bang

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 09:46PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Josh '99
Jordan 04

1) Don't dis the Phillies asshole

2) Bowa actually won a championship. moon
I'm not dissing the Phillies, just Bowa because he's an asshole and if winning a championship is a disqualifier then Eckstein has also. :-}

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr4.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 09:51PM

Does anyone have words for Brian that they want personally conveyed? He and I have the 3 hour ride to Albany tomorrow to discuss why he should have chosen Cornell over Union in the championship game.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 19, 2010 09:45AM

For me, the Soul-Devouring juggernauts comment totally superseeds that he picked Union. That quote has legs and could live on for years.

So, no. No comments. The next 6 games will be decided on the ice.

Posted by: ganderson (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2010 03:51PM

I'm stunned by the lack of Cornell Hockey-related stuff on Cafe Press. Best I could find was this:

[www.cafepress.com]

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 19, 2010 05:30PM

If Cornell polices their marks (and they do) Cafe Press will take down unsanctioned items offered for sale.

Posted by: Robb (---.72-70-69.static.videotron.ca)
Date: March 19, 2010 06:45PM

ugarte
If Cornell polices their marks (and they do) Cafe Press will take down unsanctioned items offered for sale.
I wonder how long it will take Cornell to trademark "Soul Destroying Juggernauts."

Date: March 19, 2010 07:03PM

I would say that CU fairly well devoured Brown's soul this afternoon.

A nice appetizer for a juggernaut.

dribble

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 19, 2010 07:26PM

Robb
ugarte
I wonder how long it will take Cornell to trademark "Soul Destroying Juggernauts."

Have you been to Day Hall? Clearly the administration invented it!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2010 09:09PM

French Rage
Have you been to Day Hall? Clearly the administration invented it!

No, that would be "leeches," not "juggernauts."

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 19, 2010 09:30PM

I don't know about you guys, but to me stopping Union's dream run during the last year in Albany is like the perfect storm of soul-crushing juggernauttery.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.corp.tfbnw.net)
Date: March 19, 2010 10:06PM

French Rage
I don't know about you guys, but to me stopping Union's dream run during the last year in Albany is like the perfect storm of soul-crushing juggernauttery.

Oh, I agree, but Cornell has a history of losing to Union at inopportune moments. I believe Cornell was also Union's first ECAC win as a D-I program. Given the history, I'm mostly hoping Cornell isn't Union's first win in a championship game.

That way I can properly celebrate the soul-crushing juggernauttery of my favorite hockey team.

Date: March 19, 2010 10:31PM

Tom Lento
French Rage

Oh, I agree, but Cornell has a history of losing to Union at inopportune moments. I believe Cornell was also Union's first ECAC win as a D-I program. Given the history, I'm mostly hoping Cornell isn't Union's first win in a championship game.

That way I can properly celebrate the soul-crushing juggernauttery of my favorite hockey team.

Let's keep this straight: We devour souls. We do not simply crush them. smashfreak

Posted by: Trotsky (---.tvc-ip.com)
Date: March 19, 2010 11:23PM

Roy 82
Tom Lento
French Rage

Let's keep this straight: We devour souls. We do not simply crush them. smashfreak

Crush dreams. Devour souls. Yeah, that's nice. :-)

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 19, 2010 11:37PM

Tom Lento
I believe Cornell was also Union's first ECAC win as a D-I program.
That never happened. And I didn't bring a friend to the game and say "This should be a lot of fun. Union never wins."

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2010 08:30AM

Tom Lento
I believe Cornell was also Union's first ECAC win as a D-I program.

It was their second. Which didn't make it any easier to stomach.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2010 11:52AM

Trotsky
Roy 82
Tom Lento
French Rage

Can we take their lunch money too?

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2010 11:37PM

Apparently.

Jason Klump says in his blog that Cornell fans as usual cannot win with class because they did a Winning team-Losing team cheer.moon

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.newimagent.com)
Date: March 20, 2010 11:42PM

Roy 82
Apparently.

Jason Klump says in his blog that Cornell fans as usual cannot win with class because they did a Winning team-Losing team cheer.moon

Fuck him.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 12:06AM

Roy 82
Apparently.

What were we supposed to do, give the Union players a certificate of participation, a pat on the back and an "atta boy"? rolleyes This was a hockey game not some tea-party (the one with tea and scones, not the political one ;-)).

Posted by: redice (---.sub-75-194-79.myvzw.com)
Date: March 21, 2010 12:12AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Roy 82
Apparently.

Fuck him.

A couple of comments: To the Union fan who said on Friday night: "If Cornell plays that way against us on
Saturday, we'll have no problem. Fuck You!

To the Union fan who stood in the 118-119 aisle to yell "Let's Go Union" during the national anthem: Fuck you too!!

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.stonybrook.edu)
Date: March 21, 2010 12:31AM

Rita
Roy 82
Apparently.

What were we supposed to do, give the Union players a certificate of participation, a pat on the back and an "atta boy"? rolleyes This was a hockey game not some tea-party (the one with tea and scones, not the political one ;-)).

In the USCHO world and forum, moral victories trump actual victories and gaining/giving respect--for programs and fanbases--is of top importance. It's the same way in a lot of other college sports, too. These fans, dedicated as they may be, see themselves as a part of the school/team they cheer for. I don't really understand the phenomenon. Certainly there's always been the perceived condescension of fans from established programs by the new kids on the block, as if they say "your team doesn't belong at this level". I've never personally interacted with fans from those teams, so I don't know how much of this is true and how much reflects an inferiority complex. While Cornell has been a successful program on the national stage in the last decade, I've never thought that our fans were of the snobbish sort (except for the odd pretentious jerk, to be honest). My personal opinion on the "winning team - losing team" chant is that it's really great at Lynah or during the regular season, but a bit meanspirited for what should just be a jubilant and appreciative celebration. But I digress; there will always be haters like Klump.

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 12:37AM

Roy 82
Apparently.

Klump also mistook the team's traditional stick salute to the fans as a salute to Yale when we lost the OT game at Lynah a few weeks ago, and felt the need to try to pick silly fights with Cornell fans on the USCHO forums:

Klump
Cornell even saluted Yale as they left the ice. I've never seen that before in a regular season game.

Cornell Fan
And you didn't see it here. Clearly you have never been to a game at Lynah before. The beating of the sticks on the ice until the visiting team leaves always precedes and is part of the salute to the fans.

Klump
did you make it all the way from Florida to see it? Or you just assume? Because Cornell wouldn't do that? I saw with my eyes. It was obvious what was happening and Kennedy confirmed it. You got dominated. You haven't been the best for 2 straight years now. Deal with it.

Actually I have been to plenty of games at Lynah, including four Cornell losses, the first three being to Quinnipiac. That included a playoff sweep a few years ago. And that did not happen any of the previous times. I would surely remember that. Sure, they may always beat their sticks on the ice first before raising them to the crowd. But they don't all face the visiting team as they leave. This time it was pronounced and drawn out. A true sign of respect.

Just another fair and balanced USCHO arena reporter asshole
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2010 12:44AM by sah67.

Date: March 21, 2010 12:42AM

Roy 82
Apparently.

Even I can't get upset over Winning team-Losing team cheer.:-D

Posted by: ajh258 (206.53.157.---)
Date: March 21, 2010 12:54AM

sah67
Roy 82
Apparently.

Jason Klump also mistook the team's traditional stick salute to the fans as a salute to Yale when we lost the OT game at Lynah a few weeks ago. He felt the need to argue over the course of several pages on the USCHO Yale thread that it was clearly Cornell paying homage to a superior and more talented team, and not the usual salute to the fans. wtf

Why do we care about what this clown says? He clearly does not know anything about our traditions and did not even make the effort to at least google these traditions before commenting on them.

To hell with his comments and like Jeff said, "Fuck him".

Posted by: reilly83 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2010 12:59AM

sah67
Roy 82
Apparently.

Jason Klump also mistook the team's traditional stick salute to the fans as a salute to Yale when we lost the OT game at Lynah a few weeks ago. He felt the need to argue over the course of several pages on the USCHO Yale thread that it was clearly Cornell paying homage to a superior and more talented team, and not the usual salute to the fans. wtf

Whaddya think he's been smokin'? upto

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 01:11AM

ajh258
sah67
Roy 82
Apparently.

Why do we care about what this clown says? He clearly does not know anything about our traditions and did not even make the effort to at least google these traditions before commenting on them.

To hell with his comments and like Jeff said, "Fuck him".
What do we care what he says? The fact that an ass like him gets so upset about our traditions must mean we're doing the right things!

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 01:20AM

Roy 82
Apparently.

He apparently missed the lengthy ovation Union received from the whole building (including those classless winners...) during the presentation of the second place trophy.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 08:28AM

Klump should be praising Cornell fans for the fact that we show up and we care. Despite the reports on the USCHO game blog that the crowd in the arena was about 50-50, there were definitely more Cornell fans there despite the fact that Union is just a 30-minute ride away. Without Cornell's large and enthusiastic fan base, there would have been a lot less excitement in the tournament during the years it was held in Albany.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.dhcp.gnvl.sc.charter.com)
Date: March 21, 2010 09:35AM

reilly83
sah67
Roy 82
Apparently.

Good question. [www.thehour.com]

Posted by: redice (---.sub-75-195-24.myvzw.com)
Date: March 21, 2010 09:50AM

dbilmes
Without Cornell's large and enthusiastic fan base, there would have been a lot less excitement in the tournament during the years it was held in Albany.

You're so right. I've gone to that tournament when the Cornell team/fans were not there. It was like a morgue in that building!!

The ECAC probably should have found some very quiet way to offer transportation from Ithaca to Albany for students who did not have a way to get there. The tournament might have been more successful in Albany.

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 10:02AM

DisplacedCornellian
reilly83

Win.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2010 10:28AM

DisplacedCornellian
reilly83
sah67
Roy 82
Apparently.

wow

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2010 06:46PM

Speaking of sportsmanship, traditions, etc., what was the deal with Union leaving the ice last night before the first place trophy was awarded? Perhaps my recollection of other years is wrong, but I would have sworn in the past the second place team watches the first place team receive the trophy and then leaves the ice. Is my memory way off, was that a show of poor sportsmanship by Union towards Cornell, or did they possibly just not know better, having never been to the finals before?

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 09:53PM

andyw2100
Speaking of sportsmanship, traditions, etc., what was the deal with Union leaving the ice last night before the first place trophy was awarded? Perhaps my recollection of other years is wrong, but I would have sworn in the past the second place team watches the first place team receive the trophy and then leaves the ice. Is my memory way off, was that a show of poor sportsmanship by Union towards Cornell, or did they possibly just not know better, having never been to the finals before?
I can't remember what has been done in the past but I don't consider it bad sportsmanship. You shook the other guys hands, you lined up after getting beaten. hy should you have to stand quietly and watch the champions celebrate? That's about the winning team and for me it's fine for the losing team to respectfully depart.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2010 10:20PM

KeithK
andyw2100
I can't remember what has been done in the past but I don't consider it bad sportsmanship. You shook the other guys hands, you lined up after getting beaten. hy should you have to stand quietly and watch the champions celebrate? That's about the winning team and for me it's fine for the losing team to respectfully depart.

Perhaps "Bad Sportsmanship" was too harsh a term. I'll revise that to "poor form." And the reason to stay would be that it's an awards ceremony. You don't get your award and then leave before the ceremony is complete. You don't have to stay for the celebration, but leaving before the ceremony has been completed just seems wrong. Have you ever seen the guy (or gal) who comes in second at Wimbledon leave the court before the winner gets his or her trophy? It's just not done.

I looked through old photos Age has posted on eLynah, and I could only find one, from 2003. Harvard can be seen leaving the ice as the award is being presented. So from that picture it looks like Harvard stuck around a little longer than Union did, but not much longer. (I seem to remember teams leaving only once the celebration started in earnest, but I fully acknowledge I may not be remembering correctly.)

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr4.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 21, 2010 10:34PM

JasonN95
Beeeej

[www.uscho.com]

Shirts are now in the works. More details to come.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 11:34PM

andyw2100
KeithK
andyw2100

Perhaps "Bad Sportsmanship" was too harsh a term. I'll revise that to "poor form." And the reason to stay would be that it's an awards ceremony. You don't get your award and then leave before the ceremony is complete. You don't have to stay for the celebration, but leaving before the ceremony has been completed just seems wrong. Have you ever seen the guy (or gal) who comes in second at Wimbledon leave the court before the winner gets his or her trophy? It's just not done.

I looked through old photos Age has posted on eLynah, and I could only find one, from 2003. Harvard can be seen leaving the ice as the award is being presented. So from that picture it looks like Harvard stuck around a little longer than Union did, but not much longer. (I seem to remember teams leaving only once the celebration started in earnest, but I fully acknowledge I may not be remembering correctly.)

That's the one I remember. The one image I have of Harvard post-game in watching the video from 2003 is of Mazz (the Rat) giving a wave of his hand after the 2nd place trophy was awarded, ordering his team off the ice. In fact, that's the #2 thing that comes to mind whenever I think of Mazzolini. The first is from the 1997 NCAA regional when he coached Miami telling his team not to pack their bags in Grand Rapids before their game with us, because they were going to be staying for the 2nd day. Suck it, Mazz.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:44AM

Towerroad
Trotsky
Roy 82
Tom Lento
French Rage

They're going to work for us, so we sort of give them their lunch money.

Date: March 22, 2010 11:44AM

Trotsky
Towerroad
Trotsky
Roy 82
Tom Lento
French Rage

They're going to work for us, so we sort of give them their lunch money.
Sometimes we also give them our lunch money, and in exchange they give us our burgers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login