Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Albany Roll Call

Posted by Beeeej 
Albany Roll Call
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2010 03:14PM

I'm EDIT: now definite, having finalized my transportation. I expect to get there in time for the basketball game, and I imagine I'll end up at Bayou if that's the consensus viewing favorite.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 05:20PM by Beeeej.

Re: Albany Roll Call
Posted by: ajh258 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2010 03:18PM

hmm... i think i'm not gonna be able to make it today, couldn't finish my essay on time

be there tomorrow.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 09:08AM by ajh258.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2010 03:25PM

I'll be there +1, with the Anbinder party in Section 118.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: sockralex (170.202.22.---)
Date: March 16, 2010 03:25PM

I'll be there with my girlfriend. We'll be at either Bayou or Jillian's for Basketball - depends on if Jillian's learned from last year and makes a veggie option avaialble beyond french fries.

Posted by: judy (---.z190-90-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 16, 2010 03:32PM

Yes. Last year for Albany!

Didn't we do Bayou last year for the bball? They gave us our own room.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2010 03:33PM

I'll be there, and yes we plan to take possession of Bayou again for hoops.

Date: March 16, 2010 03:44PM

jtwcornell91
I'll be there +1, with the Anbinder party in Section 118.

Just don't bring any wet salmon products.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 03:46PM

Me + 2, both days

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 03:50PM

Me, my wife Jaime, and one of my two daughters. (The other has play rehearsals and is mad as hell she can't go.)

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 16, 2010 04:15PM

*sigh*

See you in Atlantic City.

Posted by: Will (66.152.125.---)
Date: March 16, 2010 04:47PM

I'll be there with my wife Kristie. Come find us in Sec. 115. We'll be at Bayou for hoops as well if we can get to Albany in time.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 04:57PM

I'll be there. Seat's in section 120, but who knows where I'll really sit.

I'll try to get there in time for BBall at the Bayou.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 05:37PM

Me plus 0-3 more. Probably 3 as my daughter's best friend wants to go, even if she doesn't. Don't know if I can get them going early enough for b'ball. I ordered tickets from CU, who knows where. Candy if they'll let me.

Posted by: dbilmes (69.183.41.---)
Date: March 16, 2010 05:54PM

I'll be there, both for the hoops at the Bayou and of course, the hockey games! Not looking forward to trekking to the Boardwalk in future years.

Posted by: KateWithThe8 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 06:33PM

Jon and I will be there! Look forward to seeing everyone! Let's Go Red!

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 06:46PM

I'm there with Somers, somewhere in section 118.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 07:38PM

I'll be there with my girlfriend and my wife. She is one and the same.

She puts up with season tickets at the Houston Morgue, a yearly "hockey trip" to Ithaca, "same seats next year" tickets at the Knickerbocker/Pepsi/TU Center and a host of other infractions on my part. She seems to love me more than hockey and of course the feeling is mutual. Here is to Janice whether she brings a book or not!

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 08:50PM

I'll be there + 2

Posted by: Robin (76.119.237.---)
Date: March 16, 2010 10:29PM

Elliot and I plan to be there, both for basketball viewing and hockey. No idea where our seats are, but they are somewhere on the CU side (not that that's hard to get). The CU ticket office was too busy with the "long line" at the window to let me know at time of order.

Robin

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2010 11:04PM

I want to go, and I have been to every Albany game Cornell played. I can't make it this year, though. We have a new good luck charm whom I would have loved to bring next year if the tournament wasn't moving to AC. :-(

The Cornell men and women are both undefeated against Harvard during my little girl's lifetime (all two weeks of it) and she slept on my lap while I kept track of the games on my computer.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 11:24PM

I'm there, somewhere in that corner of the rink + 1 or 2.

Posted by: Robb (---.72-70-69.static.videotron.ca)
Date: March 16, 2010 11:26PM

Does it make me a bad fan if I say I'm going to be there on Saturday, but only if Cornell wins on Friday?

I'd hate for my first live game in 2 years to be an ECAC consolation. :`-(

Posted by: Lauren '06 (128.189.230.---)
Date: March 16, 2010 11:51PM

Debating whether to isolate myself from the internet for the weekend and wait for the NHL Network day-after broadcasts...

Date: March 17, 2010 12:02AM

cth95
I want to go, and I have been to every Albany game Cornell played. I can't make it this year, though. We have a new good luck charm whom I would have loved to bring next year if the tournament wasn't moving to AC. :-(

The Cornell men and women are both undefeated against Harvard during my little girl's lifetime (all two weeks of it) and she slept on my lap while I kept track of the games on my computer.

Congratulations!

The daughter that we're bringing with us went to her first Cornell hockey game when she was three weeks old. It was a playoff game against Princeton in 1994. You can't start 'em too young!

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2010 12:15AM

andyw2100
cth95

Congratulations!

The daughter that we're bringing with us went to her first Cornell hockey game when she was three weeks old. It was a playoff game against Princeton in 1994. You can't start 'em too young!

That's really cool. I could beat that at 2 1/2 weeks, but I can't convince my wife. If it is any consolation, my daughter was really active inside my wife's belly at the BU game in MSG. The band (unfortunately at the BU end) and the cheering really seemed to get her going.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2010 02:02AM

andyw2100

Jeff Lopatka.

Posted by: jputterman24 (---.c3-0.bkl-ubr2.sbo-bkl.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 17, 2010 06:45AM

looks like the local cornell club is pushing jillians for the basketball tv viewing

[ccgcd.alumni.cornell.edu]

Date: March 17, 2010 08:55AM

RichH
andyw2100

Jeff Lopatka.

...scored the game-winning goal in OT. Cornell won 5-4 and advanced. We won't talk about what happened after that.

Posted by: profudge (---.bluebird.ibm.com)
Date: March 17, 2010 10:08AM

I'll be in Albany for B'ball and weekend; +1 for hockey (my brother).

P.S. Know anyone who wants a ride up on Friday AM from Candor NY through Binghamton to Albany and back mid day on Sunday ?

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 17, 2010 11:35AM

andyw2100
RichH
andyw2100

Jeff Lopatka.

...scored the game-winning goal in OT. Cornell won 5-4 and advanced. We won't talk about what happened after that.
Nothing happened after that game. We finished the season as ECAC Playin Champions. And a wonderful championship it was!

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: March 17, 2010 11:49AM

I'll be there with wife and 3 kids on Saturday if we're in the championship game. Can't make it on Friday............or to the early Saturday game (hopefully not applicable)

Posted by: lhayes (---.clsphila.org)
Date: March 17, 2010 01:37PM

I'll be there Saturday with my husband (trainbow) and 3 others.

Posted by: HeafDog (206.208.181.---)
Date: March 17, 2010 06:31PM

Me +0.

Also, PM me if you need a ride from NYC or back to NYC. I have space for a couple more in my car. I am leaving the UWS at 8am Fri and would be returning to NYC at the earliest possible opportunity.

Posted by: Robin (76.119.237.---)
Date: March 17, 2010 07:48PM

Has anyone called the Bayou?

Posted by: billhoward (---.87-94-b.business.telecomitalia.it)
Date: March 18, 2010 12:08AM

Stuck on a plane Friday that only gets back in time for the 7 p.m. game Friday not 4 p.m. ... but +2 Saturday should we advance. When I booked 10 days ago I had trouble believing we would be by any possibility in the early game Friday.

Date: March 18, 2010 12:36AM

Robin

Yes, I did. I played phone tag with a manager, whose voicemail to me basically said "can you call back tomorrow? Today is St. Patrick's Day so it's a little crazy." So I have his number, and I'll give him the details and post back here with the response. I estimate somewhere in the 20-30 range for the basketball game.

And, of course, there's also Jillians, as the alumni club says.

Bayou or Jillians
Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 02:15AM

So, is the verdict that the eLf crowd is going to the Bayou? And not Jillian's?

Date: March 18, 2010 08:15PM

RichH
Robin

Yes, I did. I played phone tag with a manager, whose voicemail to me basically said "can you call back tomorrow? Today is St. Patrick's Day so it's a little crazy." So I have his number, and I'll give him the details and post back here with the response. I estimate somewhere in the 20-30 range for the basketball game.

And, of course, there's also Jillians, as the alumni club says.

OK, so I called Bayou back today at the appointed time, and the manager wasn't in. So I talked with the woman who answered the phone, and basically explained the whole deal about a bunch (20-30) of hockey fans who want to watch a basketball game around noon. She seemed to be ok with it, and said she'd be working. So at least somebody there knows we're coming. I explained that we got a bunch of tables and booths last year, which worked well.

I'll try to get there between 11:30 and noon and set it up. I made it clear when she said they had a big table in a room without any tvs that that wouldn't be acceptable.

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr4.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 09:32PM

I'll be coming, and giving Brian Sullivan crap the entire car ride to Albany for picking Union to win it on Saturday.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2010 09:39PM

Last minute change of plans?

Date: March 18, 2010 09:53PM

judy
I work at a pool, and since the flooding in Boston damaged some of the plumbing in the basement it's closed through until Monday meaning I don't have to be there Friday and Saturday as was scheduled.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 18, 2010 11:10PM

Sure, the "flooding" damaged the plumbing in the basement. Very clever. A true CU hockey fan. shifty

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 19, 2010 09:03AM

munchkin
judy
I work at a pool, and since the flooding in Boston damaged some of the plumbing in the basement it's closed through until Monday meaning I don't have to be there Friday and Saturday as was scheduled.

That's one of those signs that would definitely have people scratching their heads:

"Pool closed due to flooding"

Date: March 19, 2010 09:37AM

Killer
munchkin
judy

That's one of those signs that would definitely have people scratching their heads:

"Pool closed due to flooding"

The flooding itself wasn't really the problem, it's that the chlorine tanks ended up under water so instead of being fed into the pool above very slowly and in a controlled manner, over 100 gallons ended up mixed with the rain water in the pit (the area under the pool where water goes before it's fed into the pumps and filters). Even though most of the flood waters have been cleaned up there is still chlorine gas and liquid residue from the huge amount that ended up in the pit. So even though the pool deck and the locker rooms didn't have water damage, the air quality on deck is not safe for patrons. It's just easier to say flood damage.

But clearly, my first thought when finding out I had no work on Friday or Saturday was that I go could to Albany.

Date: March 19, 2010 09:47AM

Just ran into Jeff Hopkins '82 at a rest area on I-87, shortly after the register clerk vocally admired the Ken Dryden autograph on my game-worn. :-)

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.newimagent.com)
Date: March 19, 2010 11:29AM

Beeeej
Just ran into Jeff Hopkins '82 at a rest area on I-87, shortly after the register clerk vocally admired the Ken Dryden autograph on my game-worn. :-)

Beat me to it. :-D

Now in Albany. See everyone later!

LGR!!!

Posted by: Robb (---.72-70-69.static.videotron.ca)
Date: March 19, 2010 06:43PM

See y'all tomorrow!!!!!!

Whoo hooo!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login