Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Dryden & Nieuwendyk Jersey Retirement Video

Posted by CowbellGuy 
Dryden & Nieuwendyk Jersey Retirement Video
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 01, 2010 05:56PM

More videos from this past weekend coming soon.

Re: Dryden & Nieuwendyk Jersey Retirement Video
Posted by: kozaczkies (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2010 03:40PM

I'm surprised we haven't gotten Ken Dryden to be a convocation speaker. Maybe I have a little bit of hockey bias... but he would of been a huge upgrade from Danny Glover. Ugh.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 02, 2010 04:16PM

kozaczkies
I'm surprised we haven't gotten Ken Dryden to be a convocation speaker. Maybe I have a little bit of hockey bias... but he would of been a huge upgrade from Danny Glover. Ugh.
While he would violate the "no current politician" rule (well, my rule anyway), Dryden would still be a really good choice. He might not even feel the need to give a typical politican-campaign speech since he doesn't have very many constituents in Ithaca.

Posted by: kozaczkies (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2010 04:47PM

KeithK
While he would violate the "no current politician" rule (well, my rule anyway)...
Looks like Pelosi will be the 2010 speaker...
[cornellsun.com]

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2010 05:03PM

kozaczkies
KeithK
While he would violate the "no current politician" rule (well, my rule anyway)...
Looks like Pelosi will be the 2010 speaker...
[cornellsun.com]

[elf.elynah.com]

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2010 06:24PM

KeithK
kozaczkies
While he would violate the "no current politician" rule (well, my rule anyway), Dryden would still be a really good choice. He might not even feel the need to give a typical politican-campaign speech since he doesn't have very many constituents in Ithaca.

Ironically, I think most objective opinions would consider Dryden to be far to the left of Pelosi. Imagine that: universal early-education and childcare for children of working mothers.

Date: March 02, 2010 06:39PM

mnagowski
KeithK
kozaczkies

Ironically, I think most objective opinions would consider Dryden to be far to the left of Pelosi. Imagine that: universal early-education and childcare for children of working mothers.
Dryden far to the left of Pelosi or far to the left of Pelosi's current agenda given the US electorate?

Either way, I have no desire to have Dryden the Canadian MP come to speak at convocation about his political views and policy agenda. See my "no politician" rule. Dryden the well accomplished alum speaking on topics appropriate to graduation speeches is a different matter.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2010 07:02PM

KeithK
mnagowski
KeithK
kozaczkies

Dryden far to the left of Pelosi or far to the left of Pelosi's current agenda given the US electorate?

Both.

Either way, I have no desire to have Dryden the Canadian MP come to speak at convocation about his political views and policy agenda. See my "no politician" rule. Dryden the well accomplished alum speaking on topics appropriate to graduation speeches is a different matter.

So let's wait and see if Pelosi the accomplished leader makes a speech appropriate to graduation speeches before bitching about her.

Date: March 02, 2010 07:30PM

mnagowski
So let's wait and see if Pelosi the accomplished leader makes a speech appropriate to graduation speeches before bitching about her.
But it's fun bitching about Nancy. And her political agenda has a more dircet affect on my life. And she didn't just have her jersey retired by the Big Red. (Now that would be an occasion to bitch!)

Posted by: Lauren '06 (128.189.82.---)
Date: March 02, 2010 07:39PM

KeithK
mnagowski
But it's fun bitching about Nancy. And her political agenda has a more dircet affect on my life. And she didn't just have her jersey retired by the Big Red. (Now that would be an occasion to bitch!)
If Nancy Pelosi had played ice hockey at Cornell memorably enough to have her jersey retired, I very much doubt it would be an occasion to bitch.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2010 07:46PM

Lauren '06
KeithK
mnagowski
If Nancy Pelosi had played ice hockey at Cornell memorably enough to have her jersey retired, I very much doubt it would be an occasion to bitch.
Think of who you're talking to :-D and I'm bolt

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2010 07:53PM

Need to get some hockey fans on the Student Assembly or whatever student group that chooses the Convocation speaker. After attending the talk given by Ken Dryden and Bill Bradley moderated by Jeremy Schapp last spring, I think Dryden would make an excellent Convocation speaker, regardless of his politics.

Date: March 02, 2010 09:01PM

Lauren '06
KeithK
mnagowski
Agreed. But she didn't! She didn't even go to Cornell! The nerve of that woman!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login