Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

"Section D Tonight"

Posted by Beeeej 
"Section D Tonight"
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 19, 2010 05:04PM

I've long threatened that if I ever found it again, I would scan in my copy of "Section D Tonight" from the first Cornell hockey game I ever attended, in November of 1987. Well, I found it again. Since the forum has a limit of three attachments per post, the front and two inside pages are attached here, and the back will be attached to the next message. Enjoy!

(For those wondering, D used to be the main student section, back when Cornell defended the scoreboard end for two periods. 1987-88 was the first season the ends were switched, and nobody told the students buying season tickets in advance, so people in D were mighty peeved.)

By the way, is anybody willing to take credit for publication of this long-dead newsletter?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: "Section D Tonight"
Date: February 19, 2010 05:05PM

Here's the back page.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jacob 03 (150.108.60.---)
Date: February 19, 2010 06:01PM

Beeeej
Here's the back page.

That's actually pretty cool, Beeeej. Thanks.

Date: February 20, 2010 03:00PM

Jacob 03
Beeeej
Here's the back page.

Oh, my pleasure. Now let's see if I can find the Cornell Lunatic's parody hockey program that I know is buried somewhere in my stuff as well.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2010 03:02PM

Beeeej
Jacob 03
Beeeej
Here's the back page.

Oh, my pleasure. Now let's see if I can find the Cornell Lunatic's parody hockey program that I know is buried somewhere in my stuff as well.

I have a copy if needed.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2010 04:23PM

Thank you for sharing.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: February 20, 2010 08:01PM

I love the encouragement to shout Bullshit on any Cornell penalty, no matter how blatant.

Posted by: Travis 02 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2010 08:19AM

That could be a useful publication distributed about Lynah before games. A few dedicated folks could pull if off: a committee to update the material on the flyer for a given game, and perhaps TA's with access to the copy machines, and a few reams of paper. Might be helpful!

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2010 10:58AM

Travis 02
That could be a useful publication distributed about Lynah before games. A few dedicated folks could pull if off: a committee to update the material on the flyer for a given game, and perhaps TA's with access to the copy machines, and a few reams of paper. Might be helpful!

Judging by the number of iPhones and Blackberries I saw in the student section last week, you might just need to start a thread on eLynah.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2010 05:21PM

This is essentially what we mock Colgate for printing each year.

Posted by: fatchance72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2010 09:42AM

ebilmes

Exactly right. I like to think we're better than this.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 22, 2010 04:30PM

fatchance72
ebilmes

Exactly right. I like to think we're better than this.
I haven't seen what Colgate prints (haven't been there since 1999) but I doubt they're printing what amounts to a home grown program. I can understand mocking the cheers part (though I printed somethig similar myself for the home opener back in the mid 90's) but not the rest of it.

Posted by: Tom Tone (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2010 10:17PM

But maybe it will stop people from saying "See ya, you lose" after penalties and "Hey...you suck" during the start of the 3rd.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2010 11:54PM

Here's Colgate's from last year for some comparison.

Attachments:
open | download - Colgate_cheer_sheet.PDF (43.5 KB)
Posted by: Tom Lento (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2010 01:15AM

Tom Tone
But maybe it will stop people from saying "See ya, you lose" after penalties and "Hey...you suck" during the start of the 3rd.

Whatever happened to "see ya, ass-goos!" I really hoped that would become the new penalty box cheer. . .

Posted by: schoaff (---.endlessloopsoftware.com)
Date: February 23, 2010 08:36PM

Heh, if the game you saw was the St. Lawrence game on Friday, then your first game was mine as well. I didn't have season tickets that year but I had a racquetball class that let out just as the extra tickets went on sale at the office in the squash courts.

Date: February 23, 2010 08:40PM

schoaff
Heh, if the game you saw was the St. Lawrence game on Friday, then your first game was mine as well. I didn't have season tickets that year but I had a racquetball class that let out just as the extra tickets went on sale at the office in the squash courts.

Yup, St. Lawrence on Friday. Brought by the late Harlan Williams, Jr. '88.

- Steve Worona

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login