Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Q Pregame

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Q Pregame
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: February 03, 2010 08:05AM

I didn't think this deserved it's own thread, so I started Q pregame. Article from the IJ via ECAC website on Jillson.

Re: Q Pregame
Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: February 03, 2010 09:56AM

Q has a history of giving us trouble. Their people still crow about eliminating us from the ECAC tournament on our own ice a couple years ago. And it's homecoming for them with lots of promotions to generate a big, loud crowd. Hope they don't get well against us, or that we look ahead to Princeton.scared

Posted by: profudge (---.bluebird.ibm.com)
Date: February 03, 2010 10:23AM

Jim's Link did not work for me try this one:
Ithaca Journal - Jillson

Posted by: sah67 (---.dynamic.amnh.org)
Date: February 03, 2010 11:01AM

Per the Jillson article, Riley Nash will be out of the lineup again this weekend, but is expected back for Brown/Yale the following weekend.

Date: February 03, 2010 06:01PM

profudge
Ithaca Journal - Jillson
That is really interesting. The difference is an extra /1124/ in the link of my post from the ECAC. I still had the article up and when I refreshed it, I got the page not found sign. I went back to the ECAC site and you can't retrieve it from there either as they still have the old link. Why would the IJ change the address once it's been posted online?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2010 06:19PM

Jim Hyla
profudge
Ithaca Journal - Jillson
That is really interesting. The difference is an extra /1124/ in the link of my post from the ECAC. I still had the article up and when I refreshed it, I got the page not found sign. I went back to the ECAC site and you can't retrieve it from there either as they still have the old link. Why would the IJ change the address once it's been posted online?
Maybe the link was a temporary pointer from the daily page, not the actual permalink?

Date: February 05, 2010 01:28PM

No where else to post this, but an interesting quote
from the Troy Record.
Appert noted that since the ECACH went to the 12-team, four-bye format, “the stats bear out that your best chance to get to the ECAC finals is to secure one of those top four spots.”
Yeah, duh. The best chance to get to the finals is to be one of the best teams. Did he learn that in college?

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: February 05, 2010 03:02PM

Under the not worthy of its own thread tag, a reminder for those of us not going to Q tonight, the Union - Clarkson game is being televised on the NHL Network at 7 pm. popcorn

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: February 05, 2010 04:00PM

Rita
Under the not worthy of its own thread tag, a reminder for those of us not going to Q tonight, the Union - Clarkson game is being televised on the NHL Network at 7 pm. popcorn
but the Q game is being televised too - CBS College Sports.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: February 05, 2010 04:06PM

jkahn
Rita

The Cornell game doesn't start until 8:05 pm (and is not available on my cable network :`-( ), so we can watch about half the Clarkson game before tuning into Cornell. Go Clarkson, right?

Posted by: Robb (---.203-62.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: February 05, 2010 05:01PM

Rita
jkahn
Rita

The Cornell game doesn't start until 8:05 pm (and is not available on my cable network :`-( ), so we can watch about half the Clarkson game before tuning into Cornell. Go Clarkson, right?
I'm going for Union. If Clarkson wins, Union will lose the common opponents comparison point with MSU, and they will go ahead of us in PWR wins (we're tied right now). We're not in particular danger of losing the Union comparison, and we control our own destiny with them anyway, so I say go U!

Date: February 05, 2010 05:06PM

Robb
Rita
jkahn
Rita

I'm going for Union. If Clarkson wins, Union will lose the common opponents comparison point with MSU, and they will go ahead of us in PWR wins (we're tied right now). We're not in particular danger of losing the Union comparison, and we control our own destiny with them anyway, so I say go U!
Thanks for keeping us on track.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2010 05:38PM

Robb
NCAA supremacist.

Step 1: win the ECAC
Step 3: profit

I'm rooting for Clarkson.

First Period
Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2010 08:16PM

Free audio:

[www.streamaudio.com]

Posted by: nshapiro (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 05, 2010 10:00PM

Matt Moulson was interviewed between periods on the Q radio broadcast. He and (mostly) Kotsopolous were commenting that scoring is not up enough to justify crackdown on rough defense. Moulson agreed that a grinder like him would be better off, since other smoother offensive players would suffer more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login