Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Beanpot Tournament

Posted by TimV 
Beanpot Tournament
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 05:04PM

Commentators open up talking about how "special" this tournament is. In the background you can see Harvard taking the ice and there are zero fans in the stands. Zero. I am not making this up.

Re: Beanpot Tournament
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2010 05:31PM

BC up 1-0 early.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 06:05PM

2-0 now. BC scored 4x4.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2010 06:16PM

Harvard Hoovering badly, 3-0.

Date: February 01, 2010 06:16PM

Danny Biega turnover leads to #3. WHRB announcers are really ranking on them.

Posted by: RichH (167.225.107.---)
Date: February 01, 2010 06:53PM

Dang. I'm working in Cambridge this week, so I was hoping to get to the early game to watch the sucking. Maybe I'll head over for the late game.

The Beanpot Patsies living up to their unofficial nickname again.

Date: February 01, 2010 07:14PM

4-0 now

Date: February 01, 2010 07:25PM

5-0, getting very chippy, Ryan Grimshaw of Harvard out with a 10-minute misconduct before the goal, Harvard's Luke Greiner gets a 10-minute misconduct after.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2010 07:26PM by nyc94.

Date: February 01, 2010 07:27PM

6-0 now, Richter yanked with 5:58 to go.

And another Harvard player gone: Moriarty off for two minutes for roughing and a 10-minute misconduct.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2010 07:31PM by nyc94.

Posted by: RichH (12.189.157.---)
Date: February 01, 2010 07:37PM

God. If this happens every year, why is the ECAC bending over backwards to accommodate the schedules for this garbage team?

Are we sure Tufts or MIT doesn't have a club team to replace Harvard in this thing? I'm sure they can take their pounding better and bring more fans, too.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2010 07:38PM by RichH.

Date: February 01, 2010 07:39PM

6-0 is the final

Posted by: gored (---.mia.fl.atlanticbb.net)
Date: February 01, 2010 08:02PM

Is there an online feed of the games?

Date: February 01, 2010 08:16PM

gored
Is there an online feed of the games?

From the Sucks thread:

Re: HARVARD SUCKS
Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com) [ PM ]
Date: February 01, 2010 06:03PM

Yeah the beanpot is online here [myp2p.eu]
You got to download Streamtorrent [groups.google.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: February 02, 2010 10:50AM

Ah, my favorite sports "columnist" to hate, Dan Shaughnessy had the following piece of dreck titled "In a truly sorry state" in today's Boston Globe:

Danny S.
Here’s what really killed me. Last night’s Harvard roster had only one guy from Massachusetts (Chris Huxley of Weymouth). Harvard had 11 players from Canada, one from Sweden, and one from Croatia. Boston University, last year’s national champion, featured two kids from Massachusetts (out of 21). Northeastern had four Bay Staters and Boston College a whopping 11.

Not to sound like a WTKK talk show host, but the lack of locals took something out of it for me.

Oh, provincial, provincial, provincial New England. Harvard were always the ones giving us guff for having *gasp* Canadians from our internationally-known institution on our hockey team. Now they're criticized because they don't have enough "local boys." What goes around, comes around.

Hey Dan, maybe you and Doug Woog can go get a drink somewhere while the rest of the world goes elsewhere.

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: February 02, 2010 03:58PM

Shaughnessy comes across as somewhere between factual/lamenting and whiny. Massachusetts isn't producing the level of players as before, or other places, including New York State, turned up the heat. Better that BC and BU shop around for talent and win back to back national titles.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 02, 2010 04:08PM

RichH
Ah, my favorite sports "columnist" to hate, Dan Shaughnessy had the following piece of dreck titled "In a truly sorry state" in today's Boston Globe:

Danny S.
Here’s what really killed me. Last night’s Harvard roster had only one guy from Massachusetts (Chris Huxley of Weymouth). Harvard had 11 players from Canada, one from Sweden, and one from Croatia. Boston University, last year’s national champion, featured two kids from Massachusetts (out of 21). Northeastern had four Bay Staters and Boston College a whopping 11.

Not to sound like a WTKK talk show host, but the lack of locals took something out of it for me.

Oh, provincial, provincial, provincial New England. Harvard were always the ones giving us guff for having *gasp* Canadians from our internationally-known institution on our hockey team. Now they're criticized because they don't have enough "local boys." What goes around, comes around.

Hey Dan, maybe you and Doug Woog can go get a drink somewhere while the rest of the world goes elsewhere.
The complaint seems especially silly in regards to Harvard, where the student body as a ole is not (I assume) dominated by local kids. Why should the hockey team be all Bay Staters when everyone else isn't?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2010 06:10PM by KeithK.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: February 02, 2010 06:08PM

Danny S.

So our three guys from Massachusetts is as many as Harvard and BU combined.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 02, 2010 06:19PM

RichH

Danny S.

Shaughnessy is a douche. Last year he proclaimed BU's win over Miami to have been the greatest college hockey game ever. Made me wonder if he ever watched any other games, given that during last year's playoffs alone, you could easily have picked 4 or 5 other games that were just as good.

Date: February 02, 2010 06:45PM

Killer
Shaughnessy is a douche.
The only thing standing between him and biggest fool in the Boston media is Mike Barnicle.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 02, 2010 08:12PM

I didn't think Shaughnessy was criticizing any of the schools. He was lamenting the changing (disappearing?) face of Massachusetts hockey.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2010 09:17PM

The Boston Globe from the Red Sox Series of the 1970s through the late 1980s was the 1927 Yankees of newspaper sportswriting. Other than a couple Boston Herald-level guys writing college hockey, it was like reading Sports Illustrated 7 days a week, only the ink came off on your hands. People like Bob Ryan have gone from boy wonders to borderline retirement age, but they still have more good days than bad.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 03, 2010 02:04PM

Killer
Shaughnessy is a douche.

This is a truer fact than 1+1=2 for base n > 2. I used to read his articles every now and again, as a sort of morbid curiosity. But these days I actively stay away from him -- I don't want to give him the page clicks.

Date: February 08, 2010 02:59PM

Harvard freshman defenseman Danny Biega will miss Monday’s Beanpot consolation game against Northeastern after receiving a league-imposed suspension for a check from behind in Friday night’s road contest against Brown.

[www.uscho.com]

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nyc.deshaw.com)
Date: February 08, 2010 03:43PM

Looks like the League took the high road. The self-interested move would have been to drag their feet for a day and then hit him with a suspension to be served during the next League game.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 08, 2010 08:31PM

JasonN95
Looks like the League took the high road. The self-interested move would have been to drag their feet for a day and then hit him with a suspension to be served during the next League game.
Nah. Harvard was going to lose to Northeastern whoever they put out there. So might as well do it right.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 08, 2010 08:55PM

KeithK
JasonN95
Nah. Harvard was going to lose to Northeastern whoever they put out there. So might as well do it right.

Hm, yup, Harvard lost to Northeastern...as expected.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 08, 2010 08:57PM

Trotsky
Killer
Shaughnessy is a douche.
The only thing standing between him and biggest fool in the Boston media is Mike Barnicle.
I somehow missed this post earlier. The world is about to come to an end, because we agree. Again.

Date: February 08, 2010 09:43PM

judy
KeithK
JasonN95

Outscored this year 10-1 in the Beanpot. Why does the league bend over backwards to facilitate this again?

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 08, 2010 09:45PM

RichH
judy
KeithK
JasonN95

Outscored this year 10-1 in the Beanpot. Why does the league bend over backwards to facilitate this again?

They're delusional?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2010 09:52PM

RichH
judy
KeithK
JasonN95

This year they only bent over halfway. Harvard played 2 games last weekend.

Date: February 08, 2010 10:19PM

Very strange...I just noticed that there's a Bully Hill Vineyards ad on the boards near the red line.

Posted by: sockralex (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2010 10:59PM

RichH
Very strange...I just noticed that there's a Bully Hill Vineyards ad on the boards near the red line.

Yeah, that's standard at the TD Garden. I think there's one at Nassau, or wherever the Islanders play, as well. Not sure if the Sabres have one, for some reason I think they do. Definitely an interesting way to advertise the winery, but not as creative as writing it on a goat.

Posted by: munchkin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2010 11:00PM

RichH

I noticed that when I was there for the Caps/Bruins game last week; I was surprised by it.

Posted by: kingpin248 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 08, 2010 11:15PM

sockralex
RichH

Yeah, that's standard at the TD Garden. I think there's one at Nassau, or wherever the Islanders play, as well. Not sure if the Sabres have one, for some reason I think they do. Definitely an interesting way to advertise the winery, but not as creative as writing it on a goat.
There is indeed a Bully Hill ad on the boards at the Nassau Mausoleum Coliseum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login