Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell at Princeton. Any info?

Posted by edge88 
Cornell at Princeton. Any info?
Posted by: edge88 (156.111.113.---)
Date: January 31, 2010 03:48PM

Hello,

I'm taking my little Brother to the Cornell at Princeton Game this weekend. It's his first Cornell Hockey game (or first hockey game for that matter) and he is super excited. I was wondering if you guys had any info to share, like what would be the best section to get tickets in. or other useful information.

Thanks

Re: Cornell at Princeton. Any info?
Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 04:10PM

It is cold. Dress warmly.

You can walk up to the ticket office day of game at 6pm and get SRO tickets. You can usually find an empty seat to sit in.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 04:50PM

judy

You can walk up to the ticket office day of game at 6pm and get SRO tickets. You can usually find an empty seat to sit in.
Judy speaks the truth. No matter how good Princeton is, no matter how sold out Princeton says the rink is, Hober Baker Arena's 2000 seats are more than enough for Princeton and Cornell fans.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 05:39PM

billhoward
judy

Judy speaks the truth. No matter how good Princeton is, no matter how sold out Princeton says the rink is, Hober Baker Arena's 2000 seats are more than enough for Princeton and Cornell fans.
And there will be Cornell fans pretty much all over the rink. So there isn't a specific out of town section to shoot for.

Posted by: Scott Kominkiewicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 05:48PM

I've gotten my share of free tickets and heavily discounted tix at Baker Rink as well. Just hang around the ticket booth area and look like you need tickets. Look out for people giving them away or trying to dump extras.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2010 06:04PM

After the game go to Hoagie Heaven at 22 Nassau St for a huge, disgusting, fat-laden, bizzare combination sub prepared by non-English speaking possibly illegal artisans. At least as good as Hot Truck with more variety diversity. (Sorry, but it IS Princeton after all.)banana

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 07:41PM

If it's a sure thing, I'll be there +1.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 08:08PM

So you order your sandwich with bleached bread.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.175.46.200.psinetpa.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 08:22PM

I'm flying home from Panama that afternoon, If my flight's on time, I'll be there.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 09:03PM

+ 1 or 2. No CCGP block this year. Shame.

Posted by: jeffdav_CU91 (---.fanniemae.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 09:41AM

+1 - looking forward to it

Hobey Baker Rink is a great place to watch hockey - not a bad seat in the whole place...

Our group is trying to decide where to go before and after the game. Either the Alchemist & Barrister or Triumph Brew Pub...both of which have great beer. maybe we'll hit both drunk

Posted by: lhayes (---.clsphila.org)
Date: February 01, 2010 10:41AM

I'll be there plus 9. This year the price of the Cornell game is the same as all other Princeton games ($10) -- unlike the last year or so, when they upped the price of the Cornell game, presumably to gouge Cornell fans. Any idea what made them see sense?

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 01, 2010 11:15AM

I'll be missing this game for the first time in several years, but I did just spend the last two hockey weekends in Ithaca, so I don't mind so much.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: HeafDog (206.208.181.---)
Date: February 01, 2010 12:25PM

Me plus some non-negative integer. Not sure yet who I'm gonna be able to cajole into going with me. Email me at gjh2 at cornell if you want to carpool from NYC.

Posted by: judy (63.240.196.---)
Date: February 01, 2010 02:26PM

The woman on the phone said that only SRO tickets are left and they seemed to have gotten more phone calls on this game than they have in past years.

I'll be there +2 and cupcakes.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-75-195-67.myvzw.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 02:49PM

jeffdav_CU91

Hobey Baker Rink is a great place to watch hockey - not a bad seat in the whole place...

Our group is trying to decide where to go before and after the game. Either the Alchemist & Barrister or Triumph Brew Pub...both of which have great beer. maybe we'll hit both drunk

Is this a widely held opinion or is the imbibing of spirits necessary to enjoy the rink?

Date: February 01, 2010 02:51PM

marty
jeffdav_CU91

Is this a widely held opinion or is the imbibing of spirits necessary to enjoy the rink?

It might keep you warm. I know people have said they put in heating sometime in recent history but I really don't believe that, except when I'm in the bathroom.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 03:57PM

Quinnipiac is also running low on tickets, according to the person I spoke with today.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 01, 2010 04:43PM

jeffdav_CU91
Our group is trying to decide where to go before and after the game. Either the Alchemist & Barrister or Triumph Brew Pub

A great, great bar ...

FOR ME TO POOP ON!pain

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 01, 2010 04:53PM

To clarify, when they say SRO only they also mean you can only buy them the day of the game starting at 6PM apparently. I guess we are going to make the trip and take that risk, so it'll be me +2.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: February 02, 2010 09:52AM

My son has a hockey game in Bridgewater so I was thinking of taking the whole family (wife - Cornell '91, plus 3 future male Cornell grads who are rabid hockey players) down to Princeton? For an abundance of clarity, there's very little risk that we get shut out from seeing the game? I will have 4 angry people for a 2.5 hour drive home if we somehow don't get in.......

Thanks to anyone with a view here.

Date: February 02, 2010 10:24AM

RatushnyFan
My son has a hockey game in Bridgewater so I was thinking of taking the whole family (wife - Cornell '91, plus 3 future male Cornell grads who are rabid hockey players) down to Princeton? For an abundance of clarity, there's very little risk that we get shut out from seeing the game? I will have 4 angry people for a 2.5 hour drive home if we somehow don't get in.......

Very little risk. No guarantees, but very little risk. Has anybody here ever actually gotten shut out of a Princeton game? I've certainly never heard of it happening.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: February 02, 2010 10:51AM

Beeeej
RatushnyFan

Very little risk. No guarantees, but very little risk. Has anybody here ever actually gotten shut out of a Princeton game? I've certainly never heard of it happening.

Basically that. You're probably better off showing up on the early side of 6 as opposed to the late side. I also haven't heard of being shut out of a Princeton game. Their rink may be "sold out" but there are usually still quite a few seats you can park yourself in. Just get up and move if someone shows up with tickets claiming those seats.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: February 02, 2010 11:00AM

jeffdav_CU91
Hear, hear! It's a Saturday, why choose just one? drunk

Posted by: FaithfulForever (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2010 02:26PM

I'm also going to purchase standing room only seats. For those who've been there in recent years, is there a chance my family of four will find seats together?

I haven't posted here in ages, but I've been reading. I'm Lisa, Class of 1992. Anybody at Cornell during my time there would know me as the "newspaper lady." I'm the one who brought a ton of newspapers to the game to make sure everybody had a sheet for introductions.

Is Princeton's security relatively friendly? Can we "read" the newspaper during Princeton player introductions and then throw it at our friends and family in the stands? I've done this at many away games in the past, but the Frozen Four is the last time I saw a Cornell hockey game in person (family obligations getting in the way).
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2010 02:32PM by FaithfulForever.

Date: February 02, 2010 03:28PM

FaithfulForever
Is Princeton's security relatively friendly? Can we "read" the newspaper during Princeton player introductions and then throw it at our friends and family in the stands? I've done this at many away games in the past, but the Frozen Four is the last time I saw a Cornell hockey game in person (family obligations getting in the way).

Yes, Princeton's fine with the newspapers during introductions (though they were justifiably ticked when we did it during their pregame senior night introductions a year or two ago). But as always with road games, do not, do not, DO NOT throw the newspapers on the ice.

As for four seats together, just get there early enough and you should be fine. You just might have to move once or twice if the actual seat-holders show up.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: February 02, 2010 03:41PM

We've been going to Princeton hockey something like 10 years running, bought tickets in advance once, standing room seats the other nine. With standing room seats:

1. They've always been available and we've gotten there anywhere from 6:15 up throuugh (once) 7:10 when we ran late
2. You can always find seats, togther (at least 2 + 2 + 2 ...)
3. The seats we found the SRO way were invariably between the blue lines and twice they were the row behind the Cornell bench.

... if you're still nervous, dispatch someone from your dinner party a little after 6, have them buy the SRO tickets, finish dinner, and then walk in at 6:50 or whenever. Many of us keep hoping for a replay of Ryan Vesce Night about 5 years ago when the wee lad had 7 points in our 7-0 victory.

Posted by: Robb (---.76-83.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: February 02, 2010 04:38PM

FaithfulForever
I'm also going to purchase standing room only seats. For those who've been there in recent years, is there a chance my family of four will find seats together?

I haven't posted here in ages, but I've been reading. I'm Lisa, Class of 1992. Anybody at Cornell during my time there would know me as the "newspaper lady." I'm the one who brought a ton of newspapers to the game to make sure everybody had a sheet for introductions.

I definitely remember you! Class of '94 here, and always used to go to the games with my '92 brother. You would in no way ever remember me. :)

Just be glad you got out of there before 93 and 94... :(

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nyc.deshaw.com)
Date: February 02, 2010 04:44PM

Robb
FaithfulForever

I definitely remember you! Class of '94 here, and always used to go to the games with my '92 brother. You would in no way ever remember me. :)

...and 95. (Says the guy from the Class of '95.) cry

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 02, 2010 05:56PM

JasonN95
Robb
FaithfulForever

...and 95. (Says the guy from the Class of '95.) cry
*shrug* You just needed to stay for grad school through '98 like some people.

Date: February 03, 2010 03:22PM

There's talk of the "snowpocalypse part 2" for this weekend in the DC area. I think if that's the case, it may be just me unless my +2 are not wimps and are willing to brave the storm.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 03, 2010 03:25PM

judy
There's talk of the "snowpocalypse part 2" for this weekend in the DC area. I think if that's the case, it may be just me unless my +2 are not wimps and are willing to brave the storm.
We had 6 inches last night and everybody got to work. They're learning.

Posted by: munchkin (---.bu.edu)
Date: February 03, 2010 04:03PM

Trotsky
judy
We had 6 inches last night and everybody got to work. They're learning.

That's questionable since MCPS (Montgomery County) had a snow day today.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2010 06:55PM

I'll be there +1. Bought tickets in 125 because I had heard (I guess erroneously) that they had discontinued the standing room policy. This will be my second time at Baker Rink, the first being my freshman year, when we lost 3-0 on two Darroll Powe goals (Flyers suck!). That was during winter break, and I remember driving back to my parents' house through the snow after the game. We'll probably be up for going out in Princeton after the game at least for a little bit, especially after a win.

Where are most people planning on parking near the rank? Just finding street parking on Nassau Street and walking over there? Or is there a better option?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.155.115.200.in-addr.arpa)
Date: February 03, 2010 07:19PM

Ronald '09
I'll be there +1. Bought tickets in 125 because I had heard (I guess erroneously) that they had discontinued the standing room policy. This will be my second time at Baker Rink, the first being my freshman year, when we lost 3-0 on two Darroll Powe goals (Flyers suck!). That was during winter break, and I remember driving back to my parents' house through the snow after the game. We'll probably be up for going out in Princeton after the game at least for a little bit, especially after a win.

Where are most people planning on parking near the rank? Just finding street parking on Nassau Street and walking over there? Or is there a better option?

First off, the Flyers don't suck.

Second, there's a parking garage right next to the rink.

Posted by: cbuckser (76.197.13.---)
Date: February 03, 2010 07:59PM

Beeeej
Has anybody here ever actually gotten shut out of a Princeton game? I've certainly never heard of it happening.

Due to a work obligation, I showed up during the second period of the game in Jan. or Feb. 1999 and was told that the SRO tickets were all gone. After she heard my sob story, the ticket seller gave me a comp tickets that a Cornell player didn't use.

Posted by: BMac (---.fm.shawcable.net)
Date: February 03, 2010 08:41PM

I'll be there +3....

Date: February 04, 2010 04:01PM

judy
But you're still bringing cupcakes, right? dribble

Date: February 04, 2010 04:06PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Ronald '09

First off, the Flyers don't suck.

Second, there's a parking garage right next to the rink.
Probably easier to park in the garage than find street parking on/around Nassau, as well, assuming one doesn't mind walking back there after going out after the game.

Date: February 04, 2010 04:06PM

Josh '99
judy

Yes, I need to use up part of the Choc/Raspberry stout I bought, and no, I can't drink that much stout by myself. Thanks for reminding me to go look at the recipe to put together my shopping list.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 05, 2010 04:03PM

Only 6 inches, eh?

Don't forget this classic moment:

[clipmarks.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2010 04:18PM

Killer
Only 6 inches, eh?

Don't forget this classic moment:

[clipmarks.com]

[www.comedycentral.com]

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 06, 2010 01:30AM

Josh '99
judy

I'm going to now change my answer to no, there will not be cupcakes at Princeton unless someone else brings them. I already had a fun little "adventure" of locking myself out of the house tonight and so far the roads look like they haven't been plowed much from DC all the way up to Princeton (yay, [www.trafficland.com]). So yes, I am wimping out as well, but I don't have a deathwish.

I'm hoping the team gets there safely and from there, back to Ithaca safely.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2010 01:32AM by judy.

Posted by: shand35 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2010 12:21PM

With the heavy snowfall in the area, has anyone heard confirmation that it's game-on?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2010 01:43PM

shand35
With the heavy snowfall in the area, has anyone heard confirmation that it's game-on?
I haven't, but I would tend to assume the game will be played unless I heard otherwise.

Posted by: BMac (---.Princeton.EDU)
Date: February 06, 2010 02:11PM

Called the Princeton ticket office around noon- "As of 11:30am, game is still scheduled to play. Please check back later or online at Princeton tiger sports something something"

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 06, 2010 02:12PM

Josh '99
shand35
I haven't, but I would tend to assume the game will be played unless I heard otherwise.

FWIW, New Jersey Transit, except for some busses, seems to be up and running, even in South Jersey. PATCO too. I would also assume that the game is still on.

Yet I won't be there, because SEPTA is run by a bunch of lazy, incompetent wusses.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login