Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Florida Hockey Classic (Estero) what to do [2010]

Posted by billhoward 
Florida Hockey Classic (Estero) what to do [2010]
Posted by: billhoward (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 27, 2009 05:07PM

12/2010 update: This thread started for 2009 tournament. Others have done a nice job adding and updating for 2010. It's about as good as a holiday tournament can be. See below for info on 2010 Cornell post-game parties at Olympia Grille a mile from the rink. - BH (The body of this message below is about 2009.)

A couple people asked for an update to the Florida Hockey Classic FAQ from 2006. Actually, not much has changed, unless you own real estate in the Fort Myers - Naples area, in which case the change is: You were in the epicenter of the real estate bubble now bust, and you're hosed. By now, you're probably down there already if you're going although sometimes some cheap flights come up last minute (check Monday, which in the past has been the day airlines rejigger their airfares). Here's an update to that FAQ:

Q: What is it? When? Where? Who?
A: Four-team college holiday hockey tournament. Cornell always plays because Craig Brush '70 is a key exec at the facility and put the event together.
A: Tuesday 12/29 and Wednesday 12/30, 4 pm and 7:30
A: Tuesday game 1, Maine (9-7-1) vs. Princeton (4-8-1), game 2 #4 Cornell (7-2-2) vs. #3 Colorado College (11-4-3). Losers and winners meet same time, next day. If there's a tie after 5 minutes of OT, it goes down as a tie for the standings and the season record, and then there's a shootout to determine winner/loser of the tournament game. (That's how Cornell won the tournament last year vs. an overachiever Colgate team - OT shootout.)
A: Germain Arena (formerly TECO Arena), Estero, Florida, on the west coast, about as far south as Miami. [www.germainarena.com], 239-948-7825 x1000

Q: Where do I fly into? Can I drive?
A: Fort Myers, Fla. which is RSW. Also check Tampa, 2-2.5 hours north.
A: Ithaca-Estero is 1400 miles.

Q: Does it sell out?
A: The rink holds 7,000 or so and they list about that many tickets sold in the box score. So far there have always been seats available at the gate, even when Notre Dame or Ohio State played (the West Coast of Florida attracts Midwesterner retirees more than the East Coast). This should especially be the case since many of the first day game one fans bail out after the early game, and the championship seems to draw less well than than the day one game.

Q: Where do I get tickets?
A: At this point, just get them at the arena.

Q: Is it warm in late December?
A: Not always Caribbean warm / bathing suit warm but virtually always shorts and T-shirt warm. The odds are 50-50 you can go swimming in an outdoor hotel pool. Speaking of warm, the ushers and everyone who works at the rink are supremely friendly. A lof the ushhers bristle at the shouted "Red!" during the anthem but otherwise they're all smiles.

Q: What else to do?
A: Huge shopping mall (Miromar Mall) right at the facility (quarter mile away, part of the same complex). Beaches. Drinking. Visit your retired grandparents and see how small a one- or two-bedroom retirement condo can be. Check out distress sale real estate.

Q: Any ways I can save money?
A: Park at the shopping mall and walk 5-8 minutes to the rink to save five bucks.

Q: What's nearby?
A: Naples 20 miles south. Nice Ritz-Carlton (if you're an alum whose stocks have recovered)
A: Marco Island 40 miles south
A: Miami 140 miles east across I-75 (Alligator Alley)
A: Fort Myers 15 miles north.
A: Tampa (alternate airport) 150 miles north
A: Orlando / Disney World 200 miles northeast. The Champs Sports football bowl game is Dec. 29 (first night of hockey classic) at 8 p.m., Miami vs. Wisconsin.

Q: Can I stay home and watch on TV?
A: Not this year on broadcast TV (cable, satellite) but online via [b2tv.com]. Also Cornell's audio webcast is available.

Q: Will Cornell win?
A: This is Cornell's 10th year in the tournament, with three titles to show for the first nine years: 2003, 2005, 2008. Its tournament record is 7-8-3. To win this year, Cornell has to get past the #3 team and then (more likely) a Maine team with a 5 or 6 game unbeaten streak.

Q: How stupid is this: The two best teams, CC and Cornell, play in the first round.
A: Cornell and Maine are hosts. They traditonally (correct me if I'm wrong) don't meet in the opening round. It probably makes sense not to forcibly pair two teams from the same league in round one. And at the start of the season Princeton was the better team on paper, so Cornell - on paper, before the season started - had the easier draw. Cornell and CC don't play that often. Cornell has a 3-1 record vs. CC including that 3-2 victory in the 2006 NCAAs to set up the heartbreaking 1-0 OT game vs. Wisconsin.

Q: Lot of Cornellians there?
A: A couple hundred. Biggest group of attendees are Cornellians virtually every year, although Notre Dame had an asesome turnout a couple years back, ditto Ohio State.

Q: Is this cool for the players or what?
A: They may get to go home for Christmas for a day or two but if they do, they often wind up flying back on Christmas Day or the day after, and there are no non-stops Vancouver-to-Fort Myers. They get perhaps day at the beach after the tournament before heading north. It still beats the Syracuse Hockey Invitational Tournament (locale and acronym) of a generation ago by a long shot.
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 01:55PM by billhoward.

Re: Florida Hockey Classic (Estero) what to do 2009
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 27, 2009 06:24PM

A few things to add (in bold) to billhoward's Florida guide.

billhoward
A couple people asked for an update to the Florida Hockey Classic FAQ from 2006. Actually, not much has changed, unless you own real estate in the Fort Myers - Naples area, in which case the change is: You were in the epicenter of the real estate bubble now bust, and you're hosed. By now, you're probably down there already if you're going although sometimes some cheap flights come up last minute (check Monday, which in the past has been the day airlines rejigger their airfares). Here's an update to that FAQ:

A: Four-team college holiday hockey tournament. Cornell always plays because Craig Brush '70 is a key exec at the facility and put the event together.
A: Tuesday game 1, Maine (9-7-1) vs. Princeton (4-8-1), game 2 #4 Cornell (7-2-2) vs. #3 Colorado College (11-4-3). Losers and winners meet same time, next day. If there's a tie after 5 minutes of OT, it goes down as a tie for the standings and the season record, and then there's a shootout to determine winner/loser of the tournament game. (That's how Cornell won the tournament last year vs. an overachiever Colgate team - OT shootout.)
A: Germain Arena (formerly TECO Arena), Estero, Florida, on the west coast, about as far south as Miami. [www.germainarena.com], 239-948-7825 x1000

A: The rink holds 7,000 or so and they list about that many tickets sold in the box score. So far there have always been seats available at the gate, even when Notre Dame or Ohio State played (the West Coast of Florida attracts Midwesterner retirees more than the East Coast). This should especially be the case since many of the first day game one fans bail out after the early game, and the championship seems to draw less well than than the day one game.

A: Not always Caribbean warm / bathing suit warm but virtually always shorts and T-shirt warm. The odds are 50-50 you can go swimming in an outdoor hotel pool. Speaking of warm, the ushers and everyone who works at the rink are supremely friendly. A lof the ushhers bristle at the shouted "Red!" during the anthem but otherwise they're all smiles.

Wunderground.com says in the 60's on Tuesday, a bit warmer on Wednesday. The rink is very chilly, bring a sweatshirt if you are cold sensitive!

A: Huge shopping mall (Miromar Mall) right at the facility (quarter mile away, part of the same complex). Beaches. Drinking. Visit your retired grandparents and see how small a one- or two-bedroom retirement condo can be. Check out distress sale real estate.

Two mega outdoor malls with shops and restaurants. Gulf Coast Town Mall down the road at the corner of Ben Hill Griffin Road and Alico Road. Coconut Point Mall in Estero on Route 41, just a bit (2 miles?) south of the 41/Corkscrew Road intersection. GC Mall has PF Changs, Outback, Carabbas, Miller's Ale house among others. Coconut Point has a California Pizza, TGIF, The Grape (kind of like a wine and tapas bar, great for a (girly) lunch IMHO), several Italian restaurants.

A: Park at the shopping mall and walk 5-8 minutes to the rink to save five bucks.

A: Naples 20 miles south. Nice Ritz-Carlton (if you're an alum whose stocks have recovered).

Rookery Bay in South Naples. I haven't been yet, but I heard that it is worth the trip.
The Butterfly Estates in downtown Ft. Myers would be a cool place to visit, particularly if you have young kids. There is a restaurant on the premises.
A: Orlando / Disney World 200 miles northeast. The Champs Sports football bowl game is Dec. 29 (first night of hockey classic) at 8 p.m., Miami vs. Wisconsin.

A: Not this year on broadcast TV (cable, satellite) but online via [b2tv.com]. Also Cornell's audio webcast is available.

A: This is Cornell's 10th year in the tournament, with three titles to show for the first nine years: 2003, 2005, 2008. Its tournament record is 7-8-3. To win this year, Cornell has to get past the #3 team and then (more likely) a Maine team with a 5 or 6 game unbeaten streak.

Q: How stupid is this: The two best teams, CC and Cornell, play in the first round.
A: Cornell and Maine are hosts. They traditonally (correct me if I'm wrong) don't meet in the opening round. It probably makes sense not to forcibly pair two teams from the same league in round one. And at the start of the season Princeton was the better team on paper, so Cornell - on paper, before the season started - had the easier draw. Cornell and CC don't play that often. Cornell has a 3-1 record vs. CC including that 3-2 victory in the 2006 NCAAs to set up the heartbreaking 1-0 OT game vs. Wisconsin.

A: A couple hundred. Biggest group of attendees are Cornellians virtually every year, although Notre Dame had an awesome turnout a couple years back, ditto Ohio State.

A: They may get to go home for Christmas for a day or two but if they do, they often wind up flying back on Christmas Day or the day after, and there are no non-stops Vancouver-to-Fort Myers. They get perhaps day at the beach after the tournament before heading north. It still beats the Syracuse Hockey Invitational Tournament (locale and acronym) of a generation ago by a long shot.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 27, 2009 06:38PM

Rita
A few things to add (in bold) to billhoward's Florida guide.

billhoward

Wunderground.com says in the 60's on Tuesday, a bit warmer on Wednesday. The rink is very chilly, bring a sweatshirt if you are cold sensitive!

Two mega outdoor malls with shops and restaurants. Gulf Coast Town Mall down the road at the corner of Ben Hill Griffin Road and Alico Road. Coconut Point Mall in Estero on Route 41, just a bit (2 miles?) south of the 41/Corkscrew Road intersection. GC Mall has PF Changs, Outback, Carabbas, Miller's Ale house among others. Coconut Point has a California Pizza, TGIF, The Grape (kind of like a wine and tapas bar, great for a (girly) lunch IMHO), several Italian restaurants.

A: Naples 20 miles south. Nice Ritz-Carlton (if you're an alum whose stocks have recovered).

Rookery Bay in South Naples. I haven't been yet, but I heard that it is worth the trip.
The Butterfly Estates in downtown Ft. Myers would be a cool place to visit, particularly if you have young kids. There is a restaurant on the premises.

A: A couple hundred. Biggest group of attendees are Cornellians virtually every year, although Notre Dame had an awesome turnout a couple years back, ditto Ohio State.

Thomas Edison and Henry ford had there winter homes in Fort Myers, they have been made into a pretty cool museum, but probably only really interesting for the nerdier hockey fans.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 27, 2009 09:12PM

billhoward
I feel like you could just shorten that to say:

A. No.

Posted by: billhoward (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 27, 2009 09:19PM

Josh '99
billhoward
I feel like you could just shorten that to say:

A. No.
Especially since I lived in Calvin Coolidge's home town for a couple years.

Posted by: Robb (12.25.106.---)
Date: December 27, 2009 09:30PM

Dpperk29
Thomas Edison and Henry ford had there winter homes in Fort Myers, they have been made into a pretty cool museum, but probably only really interesting for the nerdier hockey fans.
Been there. Enjoyed that.

<----------- NERD!

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 27, 2009 09:43PM

billhoward

Back when CU, Maine and tOSU were all co-hosting, they would rotate the pairings every year, so we opened with Ohio State in 2000, NMU in 2001, and Maine in 2002. But when the Buckeyes dropped out so they could host a holiday tournament to prepare for their awful WZHA invitationalFrozen Four, that seemed to change to the "tradition" Bill describes above of Cornell and Maine not meeting in the semis.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (140.239.101.---)
Date: December 28, 2009 02:21PM

billhoward

La Bamba is a pretty good mexican restaurant in the miromar mall, with many beers on tap. It is only 5 minute walk from the rink, and the service is fast enough that you can walk over between games, eat and get back for the 2nd game.

Date: December 28, 2009 04:38PM

billhoward

TECO/Germain Arena also has a sports bar inside the building, which opens long before the game. Note, however, that the tables with a view of the ice are reserved for Everblades season ticket holders during the game, so don't bother trying to stake one out.

The downside for drinking is that everything except the mall is a long drive from the arena. Your best bet for postgame carousing is to get a hotel within a mile or so of downtown Fort Myers, which has a reasonable nightlife, despite the closing of Liquid Cafe.

Photo Gallery
Posted by: ebilmes (199.72.180.---)
Date: December 28, 2009 10:36PM

From Cornell's practice:
[www.news-press.com]

Re: Photo Gallery
Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 28, 2009 10:41PM

ebilmes
From Cornell's practice:
[www.news-press.com]

University of Cornell hockey practice at Germain Arena on Sunday December 27, 2009.

Date: December 28, 2009 11:24PM

ebilmes
From Cornell's practice:
[www.news-press.com]

What is this year's over/under on mistakes in the local newspapers? "University of Cornell"? Must be the new guy on the job. I thought our basketball team being in the NC$$ tournament would have given us some (proper) name recognition.

Date: December 28, 2009 11:38PM

Rita
ebilmes
From Cornell's practice:
[www.news-press.com]

What is this year's over/under on mistakes in the local newspapers? "University of Cornell"? Must be the new guy on the job. I thought our basketball team being in the NC$$ tournament would have given us some (proper) name recognition.

Also, which alternative Cornell fight song with they pipe in instead of "Davy"?

Posted by: rmandel (---.aep.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 29, 2009 06:15AM

What is the significance (if any) of the orange jersey in picture 11? Coach? Injured player?

Re: Florida Hockey Classic (Estero) - why sloppy hockey?
Date: December 29, 2009 10:32AM

This article in USA TODAY by Justin Bourne gives a former player's perspective on pre- and post-holiday hockey.

Posted by: tretiak (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 29, 2009 10:42AM

What is the significance (if any) of the orange jersey in picture 11? Coach? Injured player?

Injured player. Orange means don't check and avoid all physical contact if possible.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 29, 2009 12:50PM

Rita
"University of Cornell"? Must be the new guy on the job.

Anybody with more than 2 days' sports writing experience in that state is living in Urban Meyer's laundry room this week.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 12:17AM

Any hotel/motel recommendations?

Posted by: ajh258 (---.res-wired.cornell.edu)
Date: December 04, 2010 02:04AM

stayed at a La Quinta by the airport. Can't complain, better than a Howard Johnson's and had internet and a pool.

[www.kayak.com]|118845408.ORBITZHOTEL,ORBITZHOTEL.0|-225933544.CHEAPTICKETSHOTEL,ORBITZHOTEL.0|-1274840237.HOTELSDOTCOM,EXPEDIAHOTEL.0&cp=13-75-133&idx=118&&ro=false&pg=1

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 09:17AM

We've stayed at a Wynstar near the airport on Daniels Blvd right off I-75. It features decent rates, free breakfast, free internet, and if you hang out by the pool during the day there are usually members of a women's swim team from up north getting some pool time in before their meet at the nearby college.
[www.wynstarinn.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2010 09:25PM by dbilmes.

Re: Florida Hockey Classic (Estero) where to stay 2010
Date: December 04, 2010 11:32AM

David Harding
Any hotel/motel recommendations?

Things are very spread out in the area, and there's not much right by the rink besides outlet malls. So you have to decide where you want to stay and when you want to do your driving. There are a few nice bars in downtown Fort Myers, so if you want to walk home from there, there are some reasonable hotels about a mile away. I think we stayed in the Quality Inn a few times.

Alternatively, you can stay closer to the rink in Bonita Springs, so you'll have a half-hour drive to the games rather than an hour.

I think some people have had decent beach house experiences, but remember that in December, it's not necessarily beach weather in Florida.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (60.191.32.---)
Date: December 04, 2010 05:42PM

FWIW, I stayed at a Motel 6 in N. Fort Myers. What can I say? I'm cheap, and I don't need fancy. And as John said, it's not beach weather then.

Plenty of restaurants nearby, but internet is extra (approx. $3/day).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2010 04:59AM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Re: Florida Hockey Classic (Estero) what to do [2010]
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 06:12PM

The opponents for Cornell and Maine change every year but some things remain the same:

Decent weather, 50-50 chance of it being beach weather (Estero is not much farther north than Miami). The rink staff is super-friendly, the opposite of the TSA people who now have carte blanche to grope you in the name of national security. If you forget to buy tickets in advance, you can always find tickets at the arena. What you paid for the sausage-with-peppers, pretzel, and beer at Prudential Center Thanksgiving weekend will feed a family of three in Estero.

Games this year are:

Weds Dec 29
Cornell - St Cloud State, 4:05 pm
Maine - Miami 7:35 pm

Thursday Dec 30
Consolation 4:05
Title 7:35

TV coverage is uncertain. I don't recall broadcast TV being there the past couple years. The [cornellbigred.com]; site shows a TV link to Redcast, so that's something.

National rankings as of Nov 29 (both polls):
6 Miami
9 Maine
NR Cornell
NR St Cloud State
Cornell obviously got the better draw and the early game gives fans the option of a leisurely dinner or seeing a great hockey game at 7:35.

Cornell and Maine are co-hosts every year. Maine is 12-8 with four titles in ten years. Cornell has won three times: 2008, 2005, 2003. Cornell's record:
2009 - 4 (Maine won)
2008 - 1 (beat Colgate)
2007 - 3 (UMass Lowell)
2006 - 2 (Maine)
2005 - 1 (beat UMD)
2004 - 3 (BC)
2003 - 1 (beat Ohio State)
2002 - 4 (Maine)
2001 - 4 (NMU)
2000 - 2 (Maine)

I thought the best, strongest tournament was 2003, where Cornell beat Ohio State in the title game in OT (a goal by Greg Hornby avoiding a shootout, IIRC) after beating Notre Dame in the opener. Attendance was good that year.

Date: December 04, 2010 06:14PM

What kind of motel charges three bucks a day for WiFi? It's either free or $10-$12 a day.

Date: December 04, 2010 09:32PM

billhoward
What kind of motel charges three bucks a day for WiFi? It's either free or $10-$12 a day.

Similarly, hotels are typically divided into those that gouge you to use the phone and those with free local calls and no direct-dial long distance option (because they can't be bothered).

I've actually stayed in that Motel 6 in North Ft. Myers too (back when internet at a Motel 6 was dialup to a free AOL trial), but found it a hassle because no one else was staying anywhere near.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.res-wired.cornell.edu)
Date: December 04, 2010 10:50PM

ajh258
stayed at a La Quinta by the airport. Can't complain, better than a Howard Johnson's and had internet and a pool.

[www.kayak.com]|118845408.ORBITZHOTEL,ORBITZHOTEL.0|-225933544.CHEAPTICKETSHOTEL,ORBITZHOTEL.0|-1274840237.HOTELSDOTCOM,EXPEDIAHOTEL.0&cp=13-75-133&idx=118&&ro=false&pg=1

Wifi was free here.

Re: Florida Hockey Classic - post-late-game parties Olympia Grille
Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: December 06, 2010 01:53PM

There is a post-game reception both nights, 10:30ish, after the late game ends, at Olympia Grille just off the arena/shopping mall tract. Hosted by the Class of 2004 but open to all. [edit update to directions:] If the Olympia Grille is a 21253 Stoneybrook Golf Blvd (not Drive, not Road), then it is kitty-corner [or catty-corner depending on your upbringing] across from the SE corner of the Miromar Outlet.

Exit the rink parking lot heading east (big pond and mall buildings would be to your right).
Turn R on Ben Hill Griffin Pkwy and go S 0.5 mi to the traffic light
Cross Corkscrew Rd, road becomes Stoneybrook Golf Blvd
Go 100 yards, turn left (first left on the map), you're there.

(As I understand it, no Cornell or Cornell Club events pre-game or in the building. (Shop at Miromar Outlet Mall instead.))

This is a cut and paste from here on down:
Please join the Class of 2004 for a happy hour for all Cornell alumni at Olympia Grill and Sports Lounge
21253 Stonybrook Golf Dr, Estero FL 33928 [Google has it as Blvd; I think it's Stoneybrook Golf Blvd not Drive]- BH]
10:30pm or immediately following the second game
December 29 and 30, 2010

For more information:
The Florida College Hockey Classic - [floridaeverblades.com]

Olympia Grill and Sports Lounge - [www.yelp.com]

Cornell Class of 2004 - [classof04.alumni.cornell.edu]

Questions? rachel.a.krug @ gmail.com
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 03:06PM by billhoward.

Posted by: Rita (129.171.150.---)
Date: December 06, 2010 02:14PM

billhoward
There is a post-game reception both nights, 10:30ish, after the late game ends, at Olympia Grille just off the arena/shopping mall tract. Hosted by the Class of 2004 but open to all. The bar is nearby but not walking distance (more like 1.5 driving miles from the red line). If you recall, the rink is bounded on the left (west) by I-95 I-75, on the right or east by Ben (not Benny) Hill Griffin Pkwy, and to the immediate south (same tract) is Miromar Outlet, and the local road on the southern edge is Corkscrew Drive; the bar is at the intersection with Stoneybrook Golf Drive (not Stoneybrook Golf Road, which is the extension of Ben Hill Griffin). The bar appears to be about a half mile past (to the east or northeast of) the mall. (As I understand it, no Cornell or Cornell Club events pre-game or in the building. (Shop at Miromar Outlet Mall instead.))

This is a cut and paste from here on down:
Please join the Class of 2004 for a happy hour for all Cornell alumni at Olympia Grill and Sports Lounge
21253 Stonybrook Golf Dr, Estero FL 33928 Drive not Road; at intersection of Corkscrew Drive - BH]
10:30pm or immediately following the second game
December 29 and 30, 2010

For more information:
The Florida College Hockey Classic - [floridaeverblades.com]

Olympia Grill and Sports Lounge - [www.yelp.com]

Cornell Class of 2004 - [classof04.alumni.cornell.edu]

Questions? rachel.a.krug @ gmail.com

I'm quite familiar with the area, and I'm confused by the directions. I will try and take a ride by the Olympia Grill and provide better directions from the rink.

Also, if you do find yourself by I-95, you will be in Miami/East coast of Florida and not in Estero anymore! :-P

Date: December 06, 2010 02:53PM

Rita, so that's why, the last time we were heading north on the interstate, the ocean was on our left. I'll fix the directions on my post to make them a bit clearer on account of when I look it up online by the bar's name, I get the address as 21253 SToneybrook Golf Blvd ... not Drive. That makes it kittycorner across from the SE corner of the Miromar Outlet and if you park at the mall outlet (and save the $5 parking), then you could walk to the bar. Driving, it shows as 1.0 miles. Going diagonally on foot, a bit less.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 03:09PM by billhoward.

Posted by: Rita (129.171.150.---)
Date: December 06, 2010 03:06PM

billhoward
Rita, I'll fix the directions on my post to make them a bit fuzzier on account of when I look it up online, I get the address as 21253 SToneybrook Golf Blvd ... not Drive, not Road. That makes it kittycorner across from the SE corner of the Miromar Outlet.

The Stoneybrook golf course/community is across from the Miromar mall (there is also a CVS at that corner) and before you go into the community there is a bar at the enterance that used to be called "Stoney's". I think it is under new managment and probably a new name. I'm not sure what else is on Corkscrew (and not at the mall). I'll be in Estero this weekend, and can drive by it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login