Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Polls 12/14

Posted by snert1288 
Polls 12/14
Posted by: snert1288 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: December 14, 2009 03:42PM

Cornell moves up to 4 in USCHO after a weekend off! And up one to 3 in the INCH poll

[www.uscho.com]
[www.insidecollegehockey.com]

edit: #4 in the USA Today Poll as well. And women drop to #8.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2009 03:48PM by snert1288.

Re: Polls 12/14
Posted by: margolism (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 14, 2009 04:25PM

We're off for a couple more weeks, so maybe we'll close in on #2 before Florida.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 14, 2009 04:42PM

The voters are impressed by the players' academic credentials. Insert Harvard joke here. Plus, when you play a game, there are 3 outcomes and 2 are not good for a top 10 team. We will not lose a game for 3 weeks, at the very least. (Apologies to Texas football coach that "there are three things that can happen when you pass the football ... and two of them are bad.”)

Posted by: drs48 (---.wholefoods.com)
Date: December 14, 2009 07:31PM

....I think that Woody Hayes said that....

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr4.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 14, 2009 08:12PM

The elusive first place vote is gone though. Whichever writer gave it to us should have more faith and give it back.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 14, 2009 09:08PM

munchkin
The elusive first place vote is gone though. Whichever writer gave it to us should have more faith and give it back.
Well if you remember last weeks thread on the polls:
Jim Hyla
munchkin
We got the elusive first place vote this week. I wonder how long it'll stick around.
Well, since we're not playing, it'll probably be gone next week.twitch
B-]

Date: December 14, 2009 10:49PM

Jim Hyla
munchkin
Well if you remember last weeks thread on the polls:
Jim Hyla
munchkin
We got the elusive first place vote this week. I wonder how long it'll stick around.
Well, since we're not playing, it'll probably be gone next week.twitch
B-]
I'm sticking with that writer should continue to give it to us until he/she has a reason to take it away. I'm looking forward to going to the UNH game to see how well they fare against the top team in Hockey East, hopefully a win in that game will resecure the vote.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 14, 2009 11:10PM

munchkin
I'm sticking with that writer should continue to give it to us until he/she has a reason to take it away.
Here's a good reason: maybe he thought some other team was more deserving?

I have successfully kept myself from bitching about this for years, but I'm finally fucking sick of it. The reason Cornell moves in the polls even when it doesn't play is that the voters are adjusting the positions of the other teams that are playing. This is not fucking rocket science, people. Good lord, get over it already.

Date: December 14, 2009 11:45PM

How serious do you think I'm being? Because it's not very... this is a distraction for me while in the midst of grad school finals. These polls don't mean much, especially several months away from championship time. It's the PWR where Cornell is tied for 16th that makes a bigger difference when trying to analyze where teams lie in relationship to each other. I'm more mocking the writers for the random first place votes that seem to jump around at the beginning of the season, although with this week's poll the votes seem to have settled as only two teams got first place votes.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 15, 2009 07:19AM

Kyle Rose
munchkin
I'm sticking with that writer should continue to give it to us until he/she has a reason to take it away.

I have successfully kept myself from bitching about this for years, but I'm finally fucking sick of it. The reason Cornell moves in the polls even when it doesn't play is that the voters are adjusting the positions of the other teams that are playing. This is not fucking rocket science, people. Good lord, get over it already.

Easy, Kyle!
Have an eggnog, dude!!
Maybe the Ithaca Journal will give us that vote back next week??

wtf

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 15, 2009 09:19AM

Johnny 5
Kyle Rose
munchkin

Easy, Kyle!
Have an eggnog, dude!!

wtf
LOL. Sorry, I'm just sick of reading the same fallacious argument week to week during the regular season. It would be fine if people recognized it as an obvious joke (e.g., Jerk/Typical), but it's clear that some people take it seriously, as if they really don't understand why Cornell moves around when they don't play.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.kivasystems.com)
Date: December 15, 2009 03:50PM

Kyle Rose
Johnny 5
Kyle Rose
munchkin

Easy, Kyle!
Have an eggnog, dude!!

wtf
LOL. Sorry, I'm just sick of reading the same fallacious argument week to week during the regular season. It would be fine if people recognized it as an obvious joke (e.g., Jerk/Typical), but it's clear that some people take it seriously, as if they really don't understand why Cornell moves around when they don't play.

[insert jerk/typical loop here]

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 15, 2009 08:08PM

Man, you unleashed a vipers' nest here. It's like the black & white-era war movies: Before the GIs (the farmboy, the kid from Jersey, the Southerner, the poet from California) land on hostile shores to fight the dirty Hun, they fight among themselves. We've got three weeks here with no enemy action. All we're missing is, "It's quiet here, Sarge." "Yep, too quiet."

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: December 15, 2009 11:51PM

billhoward
Man, you unleashed a vipers' nest here. It's like the black & white-era war movies: Before the GIs (the farmboy, the kid from Jersey, the Southerner, the poet from California) land on hostile shores to fight the dirty Hun, they fight among themselves. We've got three weeks here with no enemy action. All we're missing is, "It's quiet here, Sarge." "Yep, too quiet."

So which one of us is going to get killed during the Florida tournament?

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 16, 2009 12:12AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
billhoward

"Killin pigs ain't kosher, Sarge" said Silverberg as he refused to go over Pork Chop Hill.nospam

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 16, 2009 01:13PM

Jeff Hopkins '82

The one in a red shirt.

Uh oh.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 16, 2009 01:53PM

Kyle Rose
Johnny 5
Kyle Rose
munchkin

Easy, Kyle!
Have an eggnog, dude!!

wtf

In my spare time from job-hunting, I've been working on numerous angles and mathematical models to predict our movement when we don't play. Right now my best lead seems be the abundance of winter moths. We've been seeing a lot this year, and last week's record temperatures (Thursday?) resulted in a huge presence. Obviously, this caused us to rise from 5th to 4th. Still trying to figure out where that 1st place vote went, though. The moths don't seem to have a handle on that one.

Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: December 16, 2009 01:57PM

Killer
Kyle Rose
Johnny 5
Kyle Rose
munchkin

Easy, Kyle!
Have an eggnog, dude!!

wtf

In my spare time from job-hunting, I've been working on numerous angles and mathematical models to predict our movement when we don't play. Right now my best lead seems be the abundance of winter moths. We've been seeing a lot this year, and last week's record temperatures (Thursday?) resulted in a huge presence. Obviously, this caused us to rise from 5th to 4th. Still trying to figure out where that 1st place vote went, though. The moths don't seem to have a handle on that one.

Working on mathematical models in your spare time to predict poll movement when Cornell doesn't play? Sounds like something Kramer would be doing on Seinfeld :-}

Date: December 16, 2009 05:54PM

scoop85
Killer
Kyle Rose
Johnny 5
Kyle Rose
munchkin

Easy, Kyle!
Have an eggnog, dude!!

wtf

Working on mathematical models in your spare time to predict poll movement when Cornell doesn't play? Sounds like something Kramer would be doing on Seinfeld :-}

However, if present trends continue & we avoided playing any games until the playoffs we could conceivably be seeded #1!

smashfreak

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: December 16, 2009 06:04PM

scoop85
Killer
Kyle Rose
Johnny 5
Kyle Rose
munchkin

Easy, Kyle!
Have an eggnog, dude!!

wtf

I was going to say it sounded like something JTW would be doing in real life. :-}

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 17, 2009 09:55AM

Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82

The one in a red shirt.

Uh oh.

So (moving from war movies to cop movies) who gets the line "I'm getting too old for this shit"?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: December 17, 2009 10:05AM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82

The one in a red shirt.

Uh oh.

So (moving from war movies to cop movies) who gets the line "I'm getting too old for this shit"?

Sounds like a poll question JTW!

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: December 17, 2009 11:40AM

Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82

The one in a red shirt.

Uh oh.
I've got a bad feeling about this.

Date: December 17, 2009 12:37PM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82

The one in a red shirt.

Uh oh.

Danny Glover?

doh

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 17, 2009 06:03PM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82

The one in a red shirt.

Uh oh.

"Just one damn week to retirement!"

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 17, 2009 06:04PM

Johnny 5
jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82

The one in a red shirt.

Uh oh.

Danny Glover?

doh

We don't do thread wins, but, thread win.

Date: December 18, 2009 09:38AM

Trotsky
Johnny 5
jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82

The one in a red shirt.

Uh oh.

Danny Glover?

doh

We don't do thread wins, but, thread win.

Thank you, thank you. And, no Googling, either!

I will frame this and put it next to my autographed Ken Dryden jersey!!

banana

ECAC article at INCH worth a look
Posted by: lynah80 (---.MED.UPENN.EDU)
Date: December 18, 2009 07:12PM

[insidecollegehockey.com]

INCH’s FIRST HALF ALL-ECAC HOCKEY TEAM

G-Ben Scrivens, Cornell: The league’s leader in goals-against average and save percentage will continue to be cursed by “it’s a product of the system” stereotyping, but his play has gradually improved all season.

D-Tom Dignard, Yale: The standout from the defending league champs missed the end of last season due to injury, but has been right back in the mix this year after missing the first couple games. He has 11 points in nine games.

D-Mike Schreiber, Union: The Dutchmen don’t get much offensive punch from the blue line, but they don’t need it. The senior has contributed four goals and eight assists in 16 games.

F-Brandon Wong, Quinnipiac: A dozen goals and a dozen assists for Wong leads the way for one of the nation’s most pleasantly surprising teams this year. Wong has four game-winning goals.

F-David McIntyre, Colgate: A premier player previously known for his goal-scoring proficiency has been more of a setup man this year, with a league-leading 14 assists.

F-Colin Greening, Cornell: He is second on the Big Red in scoring with 16 points and sets the physical and emotional tone for Cornell.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 07:14PM by lynah80.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login