Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Did anyone else see this video? BU at MSG?

Posted by sigmanu@CU 
Did anyone else see this video? BU at MSG?
Posted by: sigmanu@CU (---.nbcuni.com)
Date: December 08, 2009 10:09AM

Well we all believe it is well past the time to move on....I was surfing earlier this am and found this video, the first I had seen of the tieing goal....as well as our second on the breakaway.

Around 4:30 in is the equalizer. Couple observations....I hear no whistle, but we were all pretty loud at the time. Greening's defensive effort on the feeds to the slot area is weird, out of balance, and pretty weak....speaking of weak, The weak side defense is sad. The first guy is left along in front and the digger/goal scorer is untoucheed. Looks like they were either winded or relying on Scrivens too much.

Check it out:

Also, I've never been a ref, but why are two refs standing next to each other outside the zone 5 feet from each other? Do they stay out of the zone on purpose?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2009 11:55AM by sigmanu@CU.

Re: Did anyone else see this video? BU at MSG?
Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 08, 2009 11:56AM

Doesn't it look like the ref on the left side who skates in right after the goal is about to wave his hands to signal no goal?

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: December 08, 2009 03:06PM

mnagowski
Doesn't it look like the ref on the left side who skates in right after the goal is about to wave his hands to signal no goal?

I didn't see anyone that looked like they were about to wave it off. Then again, I was a little nauseous from having watched the first minute or two of the video that I may have not seen everything clearly.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2009 03:06PM by Jordan 04.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: December 08, 2009 03:09PM

Jordan 04
mnagowski

I didn't see anyone that looked like they were about to wave it off. Then again, I was a little nauseous from having watched the first minute or two of the video that I may have not seen everything clearly.
Make yourself feel better by watching

this, which I found in the sidebar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2009 03:10PM by ugarte.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 08, 2009 08:09PM

Ah - now that DOES feel better!!

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: December 08, 2009 08:43PM

ugarte

Make yourself feel better by watching

this, which I found in the sidebar.

Thank you so much for posting this and saving this thread. The MSG video made me so dizzy, I couldn't even make it past the first couple of minutes to see the tying goal. I would have thought that, in today's digital age, people would know they need to move veeerrryyyy slllooowwwlllyyy when filming.

At least the video gave me a feel for the dominating CU fan presence everyone was talking about. Despite ordering tickets early from Cornell and being assured they were in the Cornell section, my wife and I ended up with many other CU fans in the middle tier at the other end. The BU band and students filled the tier above us and more BU fans filled the tier below us. We did alright, but the cheers sounded more like 60:40 BU from here.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 08, 2009 09:12PM

Larry72

Nice. Thanks. I remember sitting is some sort of trucker bar/diner on the NW end of Eugene, OR watching that game (what was it a noon EST start?). Scrambled eggs, hash browns and beer for breakfast. And a Cornell 2OT win to go to Buffalo. :-)

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 09, 2009 09:40AM

Rita
Larry72

Nice. Thanks. I remember sitting is some sort of trucker bar/diner on the NW end of Eugene, OR watching that game (what was it a noon EST start?). Scrambled eggs, hash browns and beer for breakfast. And a Cornell 2OT win to go to Buffalo. :-)
If it was Eugene, I'll bet there was something extra in the hash browns.

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: December 09, 2009 10:43AM

Trotsky
Rita
Larry72

If it was Eugene, I'll bet there was something extra in the hash browns.

Intriguing. What??twitch

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: December 10, 2009 06:32PM

Rita
Larry72

Yeah, it was a noon start. Those Sunday games keep getting later - Minneapolis 2:30, Green Bay 4:00 IIRC and 8:00 at Grand Rapids (all times local). Fortunately, I had just enough cushion in the flight schedule to accomodate the first two going into overtime. Drove to the other two, so it was easier to handle the timing. I'm pretty sure the later Sunday times do diminish the number of Cornell fans in attendance who would want to be back at work or school on Monday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login