Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Another New Recruit

Posted by scoop85 
Another New Recruit
Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2009 02:58PM

BRP reporting that Swedish defenseman Joakim Ryan has committed to Cornell for 2011. Looks like another excellent pick-up.

http://bigredpuckhead.blogspot.com/

Re: Another New Recruit
Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.stonybrook.edu)
Date: December 05, 2009 03:05PM

A Swedish defenseman!!!! He's already got good size at 6'0", 190 lbs. as a 16 year old.

Välkommen!!!

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2009 03:16PM

imafrshmn
A Swedish defenseman!!!! He's already got good size at 6'0", 190 lbs. as a 16 year old.

190 pounds? Are we sure he didn't eat a 16-year-old?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 03:20PM

jtwcornell91
imafrshmn

At 190 pounds, "midgets" aren't what they used to be.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 05:30PM

Two Swedes named Murray and Ryan. Thank God for mixed marriages. cheer

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 10:50PM

jtwcornell91
imafrshmn

I hope he's ill-tempered. I miss having an ill-tempered Swede on the team.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2009 01:42PM

Tom Lento
jtwcornell91
imafrshmn

Apparently our favorite Swedish defenseman got close and "chummy" with Jerome Iglina last night in the Shark tank.

CBC's HNIC post-game show had a brief interview with Jerome and they showed some of the hits. Jerome commented on how big Murray was and how he can pack a hit and how Murray might be as wide as he is tall :).

Maybe Murray ate a 16 yr old for his pre-game meal:-}.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2009 02:47PM

Tom Lento
Perhaps Elin Woods has eligibility left.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2009 02:48PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 06, 2009 10:02PM

He also apparently runs cross country and plays lacrosse. I wonder if the experience with Milo has changed Mike's attitude about two-sport players. It would be quite cool to see a Cornell athlete who plays D in hockey but also plays lacrosse. The last time we had one of those, we did quite well in both. popcorn
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2009 10:03PM by Swampy.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2009 10:08PM

Swampy
He also apparently runs cross country and plays lacrosse. I wonder if the experience with Milo has changed Mike's attitude about two-sport players. It would be quite cool to see a Cornell athlete who plays D in hockey but also plays lacrosse. The last time we had one of those, we did quite well in both. popcorn

I thought Harry Orr was a forward, no?rock

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2009 10:24PM

TimV
Swampy

no, he played D.

Date: December 06, 2009 10:31PM

TimV
Swampy

No, he only scored like one (97 points in 3 years as a defenseman in varsity hockey and 20 points in I think only one season as a middie in lacrosse). wow
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2009 10:32PM by Swampy.

Date: December 07, 2009 07:44AM

TimV
Swampy

Harry came to Cornell as a forward and played forward on the freshman team and as a sophomore on the varsity. Ned converted him to defense his last two years. This was common practice with Ned. Bruce Pattison was another conversion and another All-American at defense. Steve Giuliani was another conversion. Of course, the best known conversion was Dan Lodboa, MOP of the 1970 NCAA tournament and named to the NCAA tournament 50th anniversary team, along with Ken Dryden.

Ned wanted offense from his defensemen, and, for whatever reason, size at defense didn't matter as much 40 years ago. If Harry weighed 165 I'd be surprised. Sure could move the puck, though. Kind of like his namesake on the Bruins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2009 11:09AM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: December 07, 2009 11:22AM

Wow. Great long-term memory Al. Thanks.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 07, 2009 11:51AM

There was also Bob Rule in lacrosse / hockey on the 1970 championship team although Rule was mostly a desperation move to have a backup to goalie Brian Cropper. And Glen Mueller in basketball and lacrosse circa 1972. Bill Murray, sort of the Douglas Murray (size, checking ability) of the early 1970s played soccer and helped Cornell to the Final Four as well as hockey, but he gave up hockey at the strong urging of the coaching staff to concentrate on hockey his senior year, but it turned out to be a went-nowhere year on the heels of those two final four appearances.

In fairness to the single sport ethic, the schedule is getting longer and there's even more off season conditioning involved. (Was it David Peace who said off season conditioning used to be the aluminum curl?) In the case of hockey-baseball, as long as baseball doesn't cut further into academics, it seems the harm is more baseball than hockey.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: December 07, 2009 12:16PM

Swampy
Not to put a damper on everyone's two-sport enthusiasm, but is there any reason to believe he's actually going to also play lacrosse at Cornell? It seems safe to say that every year, tens of thousands of high school two-sport or three-sport athletes pick just one to continue with in the NCAA.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 07, 2009 12:22PM

IIRC, Mueller played basketball because the team was desperate for anyone who could play at all (I seem to recall a rash of injuries and resignations from the team (?)), so they recruited from the other Cornell squads and Bill agreed to play. Honestly, I remember watching some of the guys on our track team horsing around on the court one day and thinking that they could probably beat the official basketball team. Hell, with the multi-Heps triple jump champions, Jim Leonard and Jorman Granger, and Paul Baginski, a 6' 8" 275 lb discus thrower, all of whom had some b-ball skills, we probably could have put together a team that would have given them a run for their money.

Date: December 07, 2009 01:03PM

billhoward
There was also Bob Rule in lacrosse / hockey on the 1970 championship team although Rule was mostly a desperation move to have a backup to goalie Brian Cropper. And Glen Mueller in basketball and lacrosse circa 1972. Bill Murray, sort of the Douglas Murray (size, checking ability) of the early 1970s played soccer and helped Cornell to the Final Four as well as hockey, but he gave up hockey at the strong urging of the coaching staff to concentrate on hockey his senior year, but it turned out to be a went-nowhere year on the heels of those two final four appearances.
My classmate, Bruce Cohen, was a three-time All-American attackman and subsequent Hall-of-Famer in lacrosse, and also a high-scoring attack in soccer (led the Ivy League in goals-scored twice, and they named him honorable mention All-Ivy screwy ). He played guard on the frosh basketball team, as well.

Bruce was a legitimate two-sport star. Tough as nails, and a helluva nice guy. Engineer, too.

Date: December 07, 2009 03:28PM

Josh '99
Swampy
Not to put a damper on everyone's two-sport enthusiasm, but is there any reason to believe he's actually going to also play lacrosse at Cornell? It seems safe to say that every year, tens of thousands of high school two-sport or three-sport athletes pick just one to continue with in the NCAA.
What's this ... injecting a note of reality into our musings? Do you recall so many of us wondering whether Matt Moulson, having finished his Cornell hockey career, might pick up a lacrosse stick his senior spring? I suspect it was just us, not Matt, thinking that.

Date: December 07, 2009 05:12PM

Killer
IIRC, Mueller played basketball because the team was desperate for anyone who could play at all (I seem to recall a rash of injuries and resignations from the team (?)), so they recruited from the other Cornell squads and Bill agreed to play. Honestly, I remember watching some of the guys on our track team horsing around on the court one day and thinking that they could probably beat the official basketball team. Hell, with the multi-Heps triple jump champions, Jim Leonard and Jorman Granger, and Paul Baginski, a 6' 8" 275 lb discus thrower, all of whom had some b-ball skills, we probably could have put together a team that would have given them a run for their money.
[Drifting here] The team was desperate for bodies; I just don't recall if Glenn (Bill? I thought Glenn) Mueller was a recruited player not a walk-on.

[Really drifting OT:] Regardless, the most (retroactively) famous hoops player of the era turned out to be Bruce Hulse '74 (same year as Christopher Reeve), who went on to a successful career in modeling. There was also some racial unrest on the football though it was localized. Barrett Rosser, an imposing NFL-size black quarterback, was relegated to backup behind a three-year white starter, and some of the players thought the coach's choice wasn't color-blind. Remember this is only 2-3-4 years after the spring fling campus shutdowns (no spring exams 3 years running!) and the takeover of the Straight. The Justin Milo flap would have been a minor flare-up in comparison.

The then hoops coach, Tony Coma, came in from mostly black Cheney State (PA) and Cornell's hopes were he could peacefully blend the black and white elements of a team that wasn't performing very well. He managed to annoy most of the black players, who up and left, and in doing so got his lifelong wish: to be written up in Sports Illustrated. Unfortunately the story was not headlined, "Cornell's Peacemaker Coach Returns Big Red to Ivy Prominence" but "Low in Cayuga's Waters." I remember talking to Frank Dolson, sports editor of the Philadelplhia Inquirer (which covered Cheney State's DIII or DII exploits) and Dolson said he couldn't believe a school like Cornell didn't dig deeper before hiring Coma. So on the one hand you have a Cornell athletic administration making brilliant hires in the 1960s (Ned Harkness, Richie Moran) and then just a few years later some dubious hires. Some critics said the long-time dean of athletics had gotten too caught up in his US Olympics role. But, heck, it's all a long time ago.

My fondest memory is the lanky center of the basketball team, Lynn Locki, recounted going back to his home in Michigan and telling his friends what was happening in Ithaca. "They'd roll on the floor laughing and say, 'Stop, Lynn, stop.'"

Personally, I kind of like the current memories of taking down Penn and Princeton in the same year and getting to the NCAAs.

Two Sport Athlete
Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: December 07, 2009 05:30PM

Perhaps Cornell's most prominent two sport athlete in the last 50 years is Bruce Arena, a lacrosse middie and soccer goalie who excelled at both on a national level.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: December 07, 2009 06:39PM

billhoward
Josh '99
Swampy
What's this ... injecting a note of reality into our musings? Do you recall so many of us wondering whether Matt Moulson, having finished his Cornell hockey career, might pick up a lacrosse stick his senior spring? I suspect it was just us, not Matt, thinking that.
Not really? It was a terrible idea, if we actually wondered that, given that he was an NHL draftee with a potential future career as a professional hockey player and no sense risking that future with another team that he would be joining mid-season. It might've been just you, not "us", thinking that.

Re: Two Sport Athlete
Date: December 07, 2009 09:38PM

jkahn
Perhaps Cornell's most prominent two sport athlete in the last 50 years is Bruce Arena, a lacrosse middie and soccer goalie who excelled at both on a national level.
Most recent star two-sport athlete is probably Jeomi Maduka, several-time All-American in track and Ivy basketball player of the year.

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr4.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 07, 2009 09:56PM

Al DeFlorio
jkahn
Most recent star two-sport athlete is probably Jeomi Maduka, several-time All-American in track and Ivy basketball player of the year.
She didn't play Basketball her senior year to completely focus on track. Here's my question, how many of the multi-sport athletes actually played both sports all 4 years?

Date: December 07, 2009 10:15PM

munchkin
Al DeFlorio
jkahn
She didn't play Basketball her senior year to completely focus on track. Here's my question, how many of the multi-sport athletes actually played both sports all 4 years?
Well, none did when freshmen were ineligible for varsity teams. Bruce Cohen played both lacrosse and soccer all three years he was eligible. He missed one season of lacrosse with an injury, but stuck around to get a five-year undergraduate engineering degree and played lacrosse that spring, making first-team All-America.

It was not unusual in the 1960s for someone to play both lacrosse and football. Ting Vanneman '67 was an All-East second team offensive tackle in football and captain of the 1967 lacrosse team as a defenseman. Our own TimV also played both lacrosse and football, and still threatens to suit up when the game gets close.woot

Date: December 07, 2009 10:35PM

No size, no speed, no chance.

Posted by: Swampy (---.219.128.131.dhcp.uri.edu)
Date: December 08, 2009 02:13PM

Al DeFlorio
munchkin
Al DeFlorio
jkahn
Well, none did when freshmen were ineligible for varsity teams. Bruce Cohen played both lacrosse and soccer all three years he was eligible. He missed one season of lacrosse with an injury, but stuck around to get a five-year undergraduate engineering degree and played lacrosse that spring, making first-team All-America.

It was not unusual in the 1960s for someone to play both lacrosse and football. Ting Vanneman '67 was an All-East second team offensive tackle in football and captain of the 1967 lacrosse team as a defenseman. Our own TimV also played both lacrosse and football, and still threatens to suit up when the game gets close.woot

Not to drift too far, but what the hey. "Jim Brown," need I say more?

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: December 08, 2009 03:02PM

Swampy
Al DeFlorio
munchkin
Al DeFlorio
jkahn

Other non-Cornell two-sport stars in recent years include Charlie Ward, Julius Peppers and Ron Curry, all of whom were basketball/football. Antonio Gates could have been a two-sport star but his first college coach (Nick Saban) wouldn't let him and he preferred basketball ... so he bailed on Michigan State and didn't play any college football(!). There are plenty of football/track two-sport athletes in college, mostly WR/sprinters.

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.library.cornell.edu)
Date: December 08, 2009 05:16PM

jkahn
Here's my question, how many of the multi-sport athletes actually played both sports all 4 years?

Here's one:
Jaimee Reynolds '02 Lacrosse and Volleyball, All American, Ivy POTY, NCAA Woman of the year finalist.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2009 05:16PM by Bahnstorm.

Date: December 08, 2009 05:17PM

ugarte
There are plenty of football/track two-sport athletes in college, mostly WR/sprinters.
Bo Roberson at Cornell in the 50s. Brian Westfield in the early 60s.

Another football/lacrosse star that requires mention is Eamon.

Posted by: msphi81 (---.cst.lightpath.net)
Date: December 09, 2009 09:21AM

I believe another two sport player was Brock T (77-81). He was a great goal scorer in ice hockey for several years but I believe he was also an outstanding soccer player his freshman year.

Date: December 09, 2009 10:21AM

Then, of course, Ned Harkness was very rare as both a two-sport coach and even more so, as one who had undefeated seasons in both sports.

Date: December 09, 2009 12:18PM

Swampy
Brown brings to mind Jim Nance, star running back at Syracuse and Patriots' Hall of Fame member, and two-time NCAA heavyweight champion in wrestling. The Lehigh wrestling coach called Nance the best heavyweight wrestler he'd ever seen.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: December 09, 2009 02:52PM

ugarte
Swampy
Al DeFlorio
munchkin
Al DeFlorio
jkahn

Other non-Cornell two-sport stars in recent years include Charlie Ward, Julius Peppers and Ron Curry, all of whom were basketball/football. Antonio Gates could have been a two-sport star but his first college coach (Nick Saban) wouldn't let him and he preferred basketball ... so he bailed on Michigan State and didn't play any college football(!). There are plenty of football/track two-sport athletes in college, mostly WR/sprinters.

And Toby Gerhart (football/baseball)!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2009 02:53PM by French Rage.

Date: December 10, 2009 12:17AM

Al DeFlorio
Swampy
Brown brings to mind Jim Nance, star running back at Syracuse and Patriots' Hall of Fame member, and two-time NCAA heavyweight champion in wrestling. The Lehigh wrestling coach called Nance the best heavyweight wrestler he'd ever seen.
As has been said about Brown & lacrosse.

Date: December 12, 2009 09:44PM

Joakim Ryan-to-Cornell story also in the Newark Star Ledger. Ryan: "Once you're in the rink at Cornell (52-year-old Lynah Rink), it's unbelievable."

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 12, 2009 10:42PM

billhoward
Joakim Ryan-to-Cornell story also in the Newark Star Ledger. Ryan: "Once you're in the rink at Cornell (52-year-old Lynah Rink), it's unbelievable."

Imagine how well the staff could recruit if the "outside the rink" experience had the same wow impact that the game atmosphere has.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 12, 2009 11:37PM

ithacat
billhoward

Imagine how well the staff could recruit if the "outside the rink" experience had the same wow impact that the game atmosphere has.

Care to elaborate? I think the "outside the rink" experience at Cornell is wonderful.

Date: December 12, 2009 11:58PM

mnagowski
ithacat
billhoward

Care to elaborate? I think the "outside the rink" experience at Cornell is wonderful.

There's a joke in there, right?

Date: December 13, 2009 09:24AM

ithacat
mnagowski
ithacat
billhoward

Gorges. The Farmers Market. Ithaca Commons. Dragon Boat Racing. Johnson Art Museum. Cornell Lacrosse. Sapsucker Woods. Willard Straight Theater. Ruloffs. St. Patrick's Day Dragon. Slope Day. Cornell Wrestling. Cayuga's Waiters. Cornell Plantations. I don't see a joke.

Was it a case of "It's Saturday night, and YOU CAN'T SCORE"???nut

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 09:26AM by TimV.

Posted by: Robb (207.253.234.---)
Date: December 13, 2009 05:10PM

TimV
Gorges. The Farmers Market. Ithaca Commons. Dragon Boat Racing. Johnson Art Museum. Cornell Lacrosse. Sapsucker Woods. Willard Straight Theater. Ruloffs. St. Patrick's Day Dragon. Slope Day. Cornell Wrestling. Cayuga's Waiters. Cornell Plantations. I don't see a joke.

And you didn't even touch on the best that Cornell has to offer outside the rink: the amazing faculty and student body. One of the most dynamic, vibrant, enthusiastic, competitive, intelligent, curious, hard-working and interesting collections of people you'll find anywhere on the planet.

Oh, to be 20 and back at Cornell!

Posted by: Lauren '06 (128.189.80.---)
Date: December 13, 2009 05:32PM

Robb
Oh, to be 21 and back at Cornell!
I so rarely do FYPs, but seriously.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 13, 2009 06:38PM

Lauren '06
Robb

They wrote the lyric before New York raised the drinking age. drunk

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Robb (207.253.234.---)
Date: December 13, 2009 06:50PM

Lauren '06
Robb
Heh. True story: my first drink was on my 21st birthday - wine coolers from Wegman's. Could I be any studlier?

Date: December 13, 2009 11:04PM

TimV
ithacat
mnagowski
ithacat
billhoward

I'm being more literal: the hallways masquerading as a concourse, the bathrooms that look like they're from a 50s Greyhound station, the concessions with room temperature creamers that curdle in coffee, the Word produced section signs taped in the hallways...you know, the stuff that's outside the rink but inside the building. That's how I read his quote. Cornell and Ithaca are too rich in their offerings to have been that to which he was referring.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 11:45PM

ithacat
I'm being more literal: the hallways masquerading as a concourse, the bathrooms that look like they're from a 50s Greyhound station, the concessions with room temperature creamers that curdle in coffee, the Word produced section signs taped in the hallways...you know, the stuff that's outside the rink but inside the building. That's how I read his quote. Cornell and Ithaca are too rich in their offerings to have been that to which he was referring.

OK, but I'm sure the typical recruiting trip features much more than what we see as fans. Things like the new locker rooms, training equipment, and technical outfitting that were made available to the student-athletes and coaching staffs as part of the recent renovation probably make MUCH more of an impact on recruits than the coffee creamers or the bathrooms the fans use. IIRC the main purpose of the renovation in the first place was to update the facilities for the athletes in order to close the recruiting gap, not to give fans a hallway.

Date: December 14, 2009 02:29PM

Robb
Oh, to be 20 and back at Cornell!
35 and a moderately good looking professor would work, too.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: December 14, 2009 02:46PM

RichH
ithacat

OK, but I'm sure the typical recruiting trip features much more than what we see as fans. Things like the new locker rooms, training equipment, and technical outfitting that were made available to the student-athletes and coaching staffs as part of the recent renovation probably make MUCH more of an impact on recruits than the coffee creamers or the bathrooms the fans use. IIRC the main purpose of the renovation in the first place was to update the facilities for the athletes in order to close the recruiting gap, not to give fans a hallway.

Don't forget the skating treadmill!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: December 14, 2009 03:53PM

French Rage
I want to try the skating treadmill. I presume it's only for the varsity athletes, though.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 14, 2009 05:09PM

Kyle Rose
French Rage
I want to try the skating treadmill. I presume it's only for the varsity athletes, though.
Make a big enough donation and you can probably work something out.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: December 14, 2009 05:37PM

KeithK
Kyle Rose
French Rage
Yeah, but a big enough donation and I could just buy one myself. My only interest is in trying it for about 30 seconds.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 14, 2009 06:05PM

Kyle Rose
KeithK
Kyle Rose
French Rage
Yeah, but a big enough donation and I could just buy one myself. My only interest is in trying it for about 30 seconds.

A small donation then.

Date: December 14, 2009 09:40PM

RichH
ithacat

Agreed, but just because it's not the most important doesn't mean it's not important -- ok, maybe not the coffee (although I'd love to see a Gimme! espresso cart). An empty Lynah is not very impressive. A lot of recruits use those hallways and concessions and restrooms, especially on unofficial visits. Obviously, I'm in the new arena camp (it's a small camp, I know).

"As I have mentioned previously, athletes choose schools with their eyes, and we need to provide that 'WOW' for them in the complex."
- Peyton Manning on his million dollar donation to Tennessee.

I used to think Manning's quote was entirely related to facilities. With the recent issue surrounding UT's use of their Orange Pride group, I'm not so sure anymore. burnout

Date: December 14, 2009 10:47PM

ithacat
RichH
ithacat

Agreed, but just because it's not the most important doesn't mean it's not important -- ok, maybe not the coffee (although I'd love to see a Gimme! espresso cart). An empty Lynah is not very impressive. A lot of recruits use those hallways and concessions and restrooms, especially on unofficial visits. Obviously, I'm in the new arena camp (it's a small camp, I know).

"As I have mentioned previously, athletes choose schools with their eyes, and we need to provide that 'WOW' for them in the complex."
- Peyton Manning on his million dollar donation to Tennessee.

I used to think Manning's quote was entirely related to facilities. With the recent issue surrounding UT's use of their Orange Pride group, I'm not so sure anymore. burnout

Hummm,I wonder what Stanford did to land Tiger Woods. I don't think it could have been the golf course. Do you? cheer

Date: December 15, 2009 02:37PM

Right. Men think only through their eyes and brains.

Meanwhile, Verizon continues to claim more coverage in more places than AT&T, but VZ still trails the Tiger coverage map.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.194.---)
Date: December 15, 2009 05:08PM

billhoward
Meanwhile, Verizon continues to claim more coverage in more places than AT&T, but VZ still trails the Tiger coverage map.

I'm still laughing over this. rock

Date: December 15, 2009 08:03PM

ithacat
billhoward

I'm still laughing over this. rock
I'm funnier than Ugarte (okay, in my dreams I am) but don't have the looks for stage or TV, or the voice for radio. So I'm reduced to this. But thank you, you're too kind. Actually, I'm dying to see Ugarte on stage, if, like the Nets, he came to NJ. His YouTube videos are polished and remind me of the talent on the pro golf circuit: The difference between the show and the supporting circuit is like one stroke a game. I like that he's funny without the usual crutches of obscenity and sex.

Date: December 17, 2009 11:51AM

billhoward

I'm funnier than Ugarte (okay, in my dreams I am) but don't have the looks

You're uglier than Ugarte??? Seriously???wtf

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: December 17, 2009 04:08PM

TimV
billhoward

I'm funnier than Ugarte (okay, in my dreams I am) but don't have the looks

You're uglier than Ugarte??? Seriously???wtf
WIN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login