Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Sucks

Posted by gored 
Sucks
Posted by: gored (---.mia.fl.atlanticbb.net)
Date: December 03, 2009 12:14AM

I still can't believe how much Sucks Univ is living up to their name. Did they seriously lose to Brown at home? And only one win with all those great recruits?
This is my favorite Sucks U season of all time.

Re: Sucks
Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 03, 2009 01:47AM

This could have been added to one of several other threads.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 03, 2009 08:14AM

Who polices the thread police? panic

Date: December 03, 2009 08:40AM

Sorry, I was away for a bit.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 03, 2009 11:56AM

If this were USCHO people would start five different "Harvard Sucks" threads.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 03, 2009 01:44PM

jtwcornell91
Only if Harvard joined Hockey East.

Posted by: jas27 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 03, 2009 10:13PM

Here's hoping Donato keeps landing those recruits from prep schools. Great academic schools and littered with talented players.

The thing I love about hockey, and in particular college hockey, is that it exposes what talent really is: just talent.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 12:47AM

jas27
The thing I love about hockey, and in particular college hockey, is that it exposes what talent really is: just talent.
Reminds me of that line from Miracle. Something like: "The reason all-star teams fail is that they rely entirely on an individual's talent. What the Soviets do is take that talent and use it in a system for the betterment of the team."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 12:48AM by Kyle Rose.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 07:25AM

Kyle Rose
jas27
Reminds me of that line from Miracle. Something like: "The reason all-star teams fail is that they rely entirely on an individual's talent. What the Soviets do is take that talent and use it in a system for the betterment of the team."
Sounds like a bunch of commies.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 08:12AM

Kyle Rose
jas27
And then make them wear uniforms that give the color red a bad name.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.coxfiber.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 08:44AM

jtwcornell91

If Harvard had fans there would be five different "Fire Donato!" threads on USCHO.

Date: December 04, 2009 09:33AM

Actually that is an interesting point of discussion. What do you guys think of Donato's future? This is his 6th season and he is essentially .500 for his career. Including this year, three of the last 4 will be losing campaigns. The two best years were the first, with Mazzoleni's players. How long will Sucks keep him?
From our prespective, the longer the better if they perform so poorly.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 11:50AM

billhoward
Kyle Rose
jas27
And then make them wear uniforms that give the color red a bad name.
The Soviets gave "red" a bad name because communism is inarguably evil. OTOH, that the Soviets were the greatest hockey team in the world for two decades is a point of pride for the players and coaches involved, regardless of the political system under which they lived.

Date: December 04, 2009 01:06PM

Communism is inherently useful if you're a party leader and get to drive on leaders-only center lanes through Moscow. That saves you time going to your next five-year-plan meeting. Plus that Joe Stalin did more for ZPG than Planned Parenthood ever did.

I never thought much about Communism in school because it was so bad as to be off the charts. Going way bacK: Too bad there was no right side to pick in the Vietnam war.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2009 03:49PM

gored
Actually that is an interesting point of discussion. What do you guys think of Donato's future? This is his 6th season and he is essentially .500 for his career. Including this year, three of the last 4 will be losing campaigns. The two best years were the first, with Mazzoleni's players. How long will Sucks keep him?

I disagree; from our perspective, we should want Sucks to do as well as possible, especially out-of-conference and in the NCAAs, but lose to us. I'm a fan of Hahvahd-bashing and ridiculing their one-and-done recent history in the NCAAs, but I also believe a rising tide lifts all ECAC boats, and we shouldn't be the only team in the conference that manages more than sixty minutes of tourney time when we make it there.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 04:07PM

Beeeej
gored
Actually that is an interesting point of discussion. What do you guys think of Roll's future? This is his 7th season and he is essentially .500 for his career. Including this year, two of the last 4 will be losing campaigns. The two best years were his first two with his own players, but they've declined since. How long will Clarkson keep him?

I disagree; from our perspective, we should want Clarkson to do as well as possible, especially out-of-conference and in the NCAAs, but lose to us. I'm a fan of Knight-bashing and ridiculing their reasonably futile recent history in the NCAAs, but I also believe a rising tide lifts all ECAC boats.

FBYP.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2009 04:07PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2009 04:35PM

Scersk '97
Beeeej
gored
Actually that is an interesting point of discussion. What do you guys think of Roll's future? This is his 7th season and he is essentially .500 for his career. Including this year, two of the last 4 will be losing campaigns. The two best years were his first two with his own players, but they've declined since. How long will Clarkson keep him?

I disagree; from our perspective, we should want Clarkson to do as well as possible, especially out-of-conference and in the NCAAs, but lose to us. I'm a fan of Knight-bashing and ridiculing their reasonably futile recent history in the NCAAs, but I also believe a rising tide lifts all ECAC boats.

FBYP.
FYP, to emphasize the changes.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 11:42PM

Jim Hyla

S'cool. Seriously, both Harvard and Clarkson have been woefully inconsistent over the last few years, and it's not good for anyone.

Just imagine what this year would be like if both were their normally competitive selves? I think the ECAC would be back to national relevance. Only Q, Union, and us? Not so much.

Date: December 06, 2009 10:25AM

In my opinion, I would love for everyone in the ECAC to be competitive (with us being the best), EXCEPT Sucks. Truthfully, if we are going to be behind someone in the league, I would much rather it be Q or Yale than Sucks. Maybe I will hate Yale more in a few years, but for now there is no comparison to Sucks.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2009 11:27AM

Scersk '97
Jim Hyla

S'cool. Seriously, both Harvard and Clarkson have been woefully inconsistent over the last few years, and it's not good for anyone.

Just imagine what this year would be like if both were their normally competitive selves? I think the ECAC would be back to national relevance. Only Q, Union, and us? Not so much.

I think Yale will certainly be in the mix as well.

Date: December 06, 2009 11:31AM

gored
In my opinion, I would love for everyone in the ECAC to be competitive (with us being the best), EXCEPT Sucks. Truthfully, if we are going to be behind someone in the league, I would much rather it be Q or Yale than Sucks. Maybe I will hate Yale more in a few years, but for now there is no comparison to Sucks.
Beating which team in the ECAC finals would give us the most satisfaction?

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 06, 2009 12:44PM

billhoward

Beating any team in the ECAC finals would give us the most satisfaction.

That's how I see it.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2009 12:44PM by Jordan 04.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 18, 2009 11:46PM

A bit off-off topic, but Sucks and Yale were then only two Ivy men's soccer team that did not post a 3.00 gpa (or better) for the 08-09 academic year. [www.cornellbigred.com]

Date: December 19, 2009 11:35AM

David Harding
A bit off-off topic, but Sucks and Yale were then only two Ivy men's soccer team that did not post a 3.00 gpa (or better) for the 08-09 academic year. [www.cornellbigred.com]
Maybe the tests were culturally biased.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: December 19, 2009 12:24PM

David Harding
How dumb do you have to be to not get at least a B average at Ha+rva+rd?

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 21, 2009 05:13PM

KeithK
How dumb do you have to be to not get at least a B average at Ha+rva+rd?

At least dumb enough to have attended Hahvahd in the first place...

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 21, 2009 05:51PM

Give My Regards
At least rich enough to have attended Hahvahd in the first place...

FYP.

Seriously, though. No effort, no pressure, and all the prestige in the world for the rest of your days. Many things, most of them unattractive, but none of them "dumb."

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: December 21, 2009 05:54PM

Trotsky
Give My Regards

FYP.

Seriously, though. No effort, no pressure, and all the prestige in the world for the rest of your days. Many things, most of them unattractive, but none of them "dumb."
Hardly a "fix" as it is now easier for most people to attend Harvard than it is for them to attend Cornell, as Harvard picks up the tab for most applicants of modest means.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.122.207.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: December 21, 2009 06:37PM

ugarte
Trotsky
Give My Regards

FYP.

Hardly a "fix" as it is now easier for most people to attend Harvard than it is for them to attend Cornell, as Harvard picks up the tab for most applicants of modest means.

[www.campusgrotto.com]

Looks like Harvard is cheaper even without that. I don't know how reliable campusgrotto.com is as a source, but this is the data it compiled for October...

Total Cost: [www.campusgrotto.com]
Cornell #32, Harvard #112

Tuition Only: [www.campusgrotto.com]
Cornell #63, Harvard #139
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2009 06:38PM by Lauren '06.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 21, 2009 09:55PM

Lauren '06
ugarte
Trotsky
Give My Regards

FYP.

[www.campusgrotto.com]

Looks like Harvard is cheaper even without that. I don't know how reliable campusgrotto.com is as a source, but this is the data it compiled for October...

In the recent edition of Spirit, Andy Noel wrote that "Financial aid disparity in our league must be eliminated or the Ivy League as we know it will disappear."

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.60.172.18.ded.snet.net)
Date: December 22, 2009 10:46AM

ithacat
Lauren '06
ugarte
Trotsky
Give My Regards

FYP.

[www.campusgrotto.com]

In the recent edition of Spirit, Andy Noel wrote that "Financial aid disparity in our league must be eliminated or the Ivy League as we know it will disappear."

I've long said the same thing. So far, the results don't really bear it out if you limit the view to ivy championships. Only Cornell has been particularly anomalous in the 4-5 yrs since these aid programs took off at HYP. (http://ivyleaguesports.com/documents/alltimechamps.asp). Of course, we're only just now getting to the point where full rosters are made up of athletes recruited under the backdrop of aid imbalance. I still think P and Y's sudden ascent in hockey is more than coincidence.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 27, 2009 11:46AM

jtwcornell91

Sorry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login