Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 3 BU 3 (Final)

Posted by mhand06 
Cornell 3 BU 3 (Final)
Posted by: mhand06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 28, 2009 08:27PM

LETS GO RED!!!
GOALS:
CORNELL:
2nd Goal by: Locke, Jillson and assist to patrick kennedy

1st goal by: Sean, Whitney (power play goal) assisted by brendon nash and colin greening

3RD goal by: Blake Gallagher Assisted by: sean Whitney and brendon Nash

BOSTON UNIVERSITY:
1st goal BU shorthanded
2nd Goal BU
Edited 14 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 10:37PM by mhand06.

Re: Cornell 2 BU 0 (first period)
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 08:43PM

Cornell would be smart to stay out of the penalty box. BU's power play seems to find the backdoor open rather easily.

Re: Cornell 2 BU 0 (first period)
Posted by: mhand06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 28, 2009 08:46PM

yup i agree...

Re: Cornell 2 BU 0 (2nd period)
Date: November 28, 2009 09:13PM

Soft shorty for BU, 2-1. Momentum has shifted significantly.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 09:37PM

Great atmosphere here at MSG. How's it coming across on Redcast?

Posted by: Tom14850 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 28, 2009 09:44PM

Picking up a little bit of the atmostphere. I'm just hearing a little bit of the cheering vaguely in the background. Can't see the crowd much. I'm not hearing any cornell chants.

Posted by: jas27 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 09:59PM

Redcast live score bar at bottom of feed just read Cornell 3 Harvard 2. Switched back to BU at the end of the PP. Not sure how long it was on there. Strange. Am I going crazy?

Date: November 28, 2009 10:05PM

jas27
Redcast live score bar at bottom of feed just read Cornell 3 Harvard 2. Switched back to BU at the end of the PP. Not sure how long it was on there. Strange. Am I going crazy?
Seems to switch back and forth.

Re: Cornell 3 BU 2 (3rd period)
Date: November 28, 2009 10:15PM

Penalty in the offensive zone with three minutes to go.wtf

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.dsl.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 10:18PM

6x3 now as the Big Red take another penalty. And BU pulls the goalie.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 10:18PM by Chris 02.

And another brain-dead penalty makes it a 5x3 and now a 6x3.pissed

Posted by: scoop85 (---.rdns.blackberry.net)

Down 2 men. Miracle if we get through this

Re: Cornell 3 BU 3 (3rd period)
Posted by: Chris 02 (---.dsl.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 10:21PM

3-3. Damn

Date: November 28, 2009 10:22PM

Cornell did everything imaginable to give that goal to BU. You have to play SMART hockey in important games. Cornell didn't do that against Quinnipiac and didn't again tonight.

Re: Cornell 3 BU 3 (Final)
Posted by: andyw2100 (---.hrbgpa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 10:59PM

Based on what I could see on Redcast, it certainly looked like that play should have been blown dead. It looked like the puck was under Scrivens, and the BU player dug it past him, from under him. I wonder if this too was not a reviewable play, or if somehow MSG did not have the review system in place. Tough way to not win a game.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 11:04PM

I concur that, from what I could see on Redcast, that third goal looked pretty sketchy. Anyone have a good angle on it? (Besides Ritchie?)

And however braindead B Nash's penalty was in the late third, the crosscheck and slash by the BU player that came before it were also pretty damn obvious. There was some nasty stuff from BU going quite uncalled in the final frame.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 11:06PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (128.189.82.---)
Date: November 28, 2009 11:07PM

The only thing I could determine from the Redcast on that third goal was that the ref behind the net was pointing emphatically at it, so there was no question at least in his mind.

Date: November 28, 2009 11:14PM

Scersk '97
Anyone have a good angle on it?

Lauren '06
The only thing I could determine from the Redcast on that third goal was that the ref behind the net was pointing emphatically at it, so there was no question at least in his mind.

Lauren, I meant that I'd like to hear from anyone who was at the game and was not that particular ref, i.e., I would like to know whether Ritchie should've blown the play dead. Yes, he obviously thought he had the right angle, but trickle out plays like that are often for crap.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 11:15PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 11:43PM

Scersk '97
Scersk '97
Anyone have a good angle on it?

Lauren '06

Lauren, I meant that I'd like to hear from anyone who was at the game and was not that particular ref, i.e., I would like to know whether Ritchie should've blown the play dead. Yes, he obviously thought he had the right angle, but trickle out plays like that are often for crap.

I sat in section 336 so I was right behind our team and had a good view. I did see a stick going into scriven's location after he stopped the puck. The goal was very questionable.

I am not sure if the puck came to a full stop and maybe that's why Ritchie called in a goal. However, the puck did slow down considerably and it kinda rolled into the goal after the stop so I do kinda question the ref's call.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 11:43PM

I may be entirely insane, but I'm pretty sure I heard Ritchie blow the whistle before the puck squirted out and past the line, and I was sitting right behind the net. Either way, the puck was pretty well invisible underneath Scrivens before it squirted through, and the BU player definitely got it through by pushing Scrivens in some manner.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 11:47PM

If I was going to blame anyone for blowing the late lead I'd have to say "the people in Section 415 that started Winning Team/Losing Team with 4 minutes left in the game." 20 seconds later Cornell took the first of a number of bad penalties essentially guaranteeing a BU goal.

Date: November 28, 2009 11:55PM

ugarte
If I was going to blame anyone for blowing the late lead I'd have to say "the people in Section 415 that started Winning Team/Losing Team with 4 minutes left in the game."

Wow, that's dumb. Everyone knows that "winning team, losing team" is only done with [Cornell goals - Opponent goals - 1] minute(s) left.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 11:57PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: sah67 (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: November 29, 2009 12:02AM

As far as B Nash, I was impressed by his backhand slapshot...too bad he ripped it past Scrivens and not the BU goalie.

Posted by: Lenny 01 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 29, 2009 12:16AM

I was sitting behind the goal. I thought I heard a whistle too (maybe the other ref?), with the ref waving his arms. I think that what Cornell was arguing afterward. However, if he blew, you would think they would reconcile that.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.mysmallplanet.com)
Date: November 29, 2009 12:27AM

Third goal seemed to be a crease violation when they showed the replay at MSG. But as others have said, Ritchie had no doubt that it was a goal. I question why it would not have been reviewed, since either the crease violation or the whistle would have negated the goal.

Tie which felt like a loss. Stupid mental errors and zero clean goals for BU.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 29, 2009 12:31AM

After we took the 2-0 lead, BU had better puck possession most of the game. Scrivens was outstanding, but for the shortie. We didn't get enough rubber on the BU sieve, who was shaky. Nice to see that the team didn't get too down after they tied it up, and in fact we had the better opportunities in OT. I really thought Collins was going to get one on the two-on-one.

As far as the tying goal, 19 out of 20 times you see that play blown dead.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 29, 2009 12:39AM

To be fair, the ref(s?) were letting the players jam at the goalie's all game long. I don't like it, but at least they were consistent, it was around the 20th time that they jammed for multiple seconds with no whistle.

Posted by: Oat (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 29, 2009 12:41AM

scoop85
As far as the tying goal, 19 out of 20 times you see that play blown dead.

Perhaps the referee actually had sight of the puck the whole time. From the blue line, it looked like the BU guy really got his stick up in Scrivens' butt and dug it out. Did Scrivens have it or did he not? Can anyone confirm?

Posted by: Oat (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 29, 2009 12:46AM

DeltaOne81
To be fair, the ref(s?) were letting the players jam at the goalie's all game long. I don't like it, but at least they were consistent, it was around the 20th time that they jammed for multiple seconds with no whistle.

I thought a few cornell penalties early in the third period were questionable.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 29, 2009 01:57AM

ebilmes
Third goal seemed to be a crease violation when they showed the replay at MSG. But as others have said, Ritchie had no doubt that it was a goal. I question why it would not have been reviewed, since either the crease violation or the whistle would have negated the goal.

Tie which felt like a loss. Stupid mental errors and zero clean goals for BU.
I don't think they were in the crease until after the puck, therefore OK. The question of whether Scrivens had the puck and they pushed it away is another question. Scrivens didn't charge the ref as if he said he had it, so I suspect he didn't know where it was and it was still visible in front and BU poked it in. Afterward Scrivens did look behind him.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 29, 2009 01:59AM

Which team were the moral victors?
a. It was a moral tie
b. BU
c. CU
d. No one kept moral score

Date: November 29, 2009 02:02AM

imafrshmn
Which team were the moral victors?
a. It was a moral tie
b. BU
c. CU
d. No one kept moral score
Our sister.

Date: November 29, 2009 02:14AM

I'd love to see the overhead camera for the last goal. The more I look at it, the more I think the puck was still uncovered and pushed in.

Posted by: SirJW (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 29, 2009 02:20AM

I was sitting center ice just above the glass and the group I was with all heard the whistle before the goal. The captain and the coach both pleaded their case to no avail.

Does anyone have info about the jerseys being auctioned off? Both teams had the Red Hot Hockey patch on the jerseys so I figure they will be up for grabs.

Date: November 29, 2009 07:43AM

There was talk of the phantom whistle on the redcast. Before it became apparent that there would be no review, the radio guys wondered whether the whistle would be audible on the replay. So they heard it too.

Whichever one of the officials blew the whistle should have had the balls to tell Rictchie, "I blew my whistle before the puck crossed the goal line. Maybe I shouldn't have, since it was your call, but since I did it has to be a no-goal."

Posted by: Kyle Rose (173.85.59.---)
Date: November 29, 2009 08:37AM

andyw2100
Whichever one of the officials blew the whistle should have had the balls to tell Rictchie, "I blew my whistle before the puck crossed the goal line. Maybe I shouldn't have, since it was your call, but since I did it has to be a no-goal."
The officiating was pretty sloppy in general: I counted at least 5 times in which the ref got in the way of the puck.

Date: November 29, 2009 09:29AM

Kyle Rose
andyw2100
The officiating was pretty sloppy in general: I counted at least 5 times in which the ref got in the way of the puck.

I haven't gone back and watched the replay (I don't even know if I can, as I am not a Redcast subscriber--I just bought these last two games because I was going to be out of town for the Colgate game and not in NYC for this game), but I thought the short-handed goal was awfully close to offsides (meaning I yelled "offsides" at the TV as the play went-down, before the goal). The replays of the goal they showed on the broadcast didn't show a wide enough shot to tell, but the original shot did, I think.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.dsl1-field.roch.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 29, 2009 12:03PM

andyw2100
Based on what I could see on Redcast, it certainly looked like that play should have been blown dead. It looked like the puck was under Scrivens, and the BU player dug it past him, from under him. I wonder if this too was not a reviewable play, or if somehow MSG did not have the review system in place. Tough way to not win a game.

Since all plays in the NHL are now reviewed through the War Room in Toronto, it's possible MSG no longer has in house video replay equipment or officials to operate it.

Date: November 29, 2009 12:20PM

andyw2100
Kyle Rose
andyw2100

I haven't gone back and watched the replay (I don't even know if I can, as I am not a Redcast subscriber--I just bought these last two games because I was going to be out of town for the Colgate game and not in NYC for this game), but I thought the short-handed goal was awfully close to offsides (meaning I yelled "offsides" at the TV as the play went-down, before the goal). The replays of the goal they showed on the broadcast didn't show a wide enough shot to tell, but the original shot did, I think.
Well, I've watched that over as well, and I think he was onside. At 97:20 on my broadcast the puck is just at the blue line and the other skaters skate is on the center ice edge of the blue line. So although I can't get it to the exact second of the puck going over it looks OK.

As an aside, although I also yell "offsides", I don't think you can be offsides, just offside.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login