Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

game video

Posted by upperdeck 
game video
Posted by: upperdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 07, 2009 06:03PM

anyone else find it annoying that there is no clock in the video feed?

Re: game video
Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.srmd01.resnet.ubc.ca)
Date: November 07, 2009 06:03PM

Yes.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 07, 2009 06:21PM

I keep a running tally in my head.

Posted by: judy (12.187.81.---)
Date: November 07, 2009 06:33PM

Does anyone know if redcast supports an audio only feed? I'm not sure if the hotel's internet is going to be able to support a continuous video stream.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 07, 2009 06:38PM

Does anyone know why the audio volume is so hard for them to keep constant? Do they have a monkey running around in the media box, ripping cables out and clawing at knobs?

Posted by: tretiak (---.chem.ucsb.edu)
Date: November 07, 2009 06:40PM

Does anyone know why the audio volume is so hard for them to keep constant? Do they have a monkey running around in the media box, ripping cables out and clawing at knobs?

the rally monkey needs an offseason job. who are you to judge?

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.stonybrook.edu)
Date: November 07, 2009 06:40PM

Kyle Rose

I think that because it's the pregame, the guys in the box have other things going on, so they aren't paying attention to the audio on the feed.

Date: November 07, 2009 07:16PM

I wish they had a non flash option.. I find myself out wanting to listen/watch often where WHCU doesnt come in and cell phones dont do well with this option. I emailed the sidearm crew and the cornellbigred.com site (jh295@cornell.edu)

they really need a better quality feed for video and audio, a non flash based solution, and an audio only feed.. all simple to to do if they care.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 07:28PM by upperdeck.

Date: November 07, 2009 08:42PM

had a conversation with the CU rep.. his comment were that this is the highest quality video around. (which I find hard to believe). also that they have never had anyone ask for an audio only feed.

he also says that flash is the media of choice for collegese.. without realizing how much it limits its use.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 07, 2009 08:51PM

Did anybody else have their video freeze shortly after Cornell tied the game at 3?

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.srmd01.resnet.ubc.ca)
Date: November 07, 2009 08:52PM

I've been freezing randomly all night, twice right before Cornell scored.

Date: November 07, 2009 09:04PM

upperdeck
he also says that flash is the media of choice for collegese.. without realizing how much it limits its use.
I'm sure Apple fanbois are annoyed that it won't work on their precious iPhones, but no matter how proprietary it is, Flash is currently the best cross-platform solution for streaming video. I say this with some authority, working in the field as I do.

Date: November 07, 2009 09:10PM

it also wont work on windows mobile phones or stream to most gane player browsers either. the flash was written in flash 10 so it likely never will. it doesnt help they APP they ave written doesnt allow scaling of the window size or forward and backward scrolling easily.

Date: November 07, 2009 09:12PM

upperdeck
it also wont work on windows mobile phones
(1) No one uses Windows Mobile.
(2) Why should I have sympathy for WM users when I don't have sympathy for the much more numerous iPhone users?

or stream to most gane player browsers either.
Translate to english, please. Can't figure it out from the context.

it doesnt help they APP they ave written doesnt allow scaling of the window size or forward and backward scrolling easily.
Flash is not the culprit here: bad application developers are. They'd screw it up no matter what platform they used.

What platform would you like to see used for streaming video? You let me know, and I'll tell you what's wrong with it. I am not saying Flash is ideal, just that it is the best of a plethora of poor choices.

Date: November 07, 2009 09:46PM

Everyone I know has a windows mobile phone or a blackberry that has a data plan. I personally know of no-one who has an Iphone. I sure wouldnt give up my phone for an Iphone..

If you want to watch/listen on iphone/ windows phones/ Ps3/Wii you are out of luck with flash.

I dont know what the answer is.. I do know that the solution before we got this one supported all those platforms..

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2009 09:51PM

Cornell's partners really should be supporting handheld mobile devices.

It's easy to find fault with the audio, frozen video, and crappy instant [sic] replay, but we've come a long way in 5 years. Just not far enough.

Date: November 07, 2009 09:56PM

upperdeck
I dont know what the answer is.. I do know that the solution before we got this one supported all those platforms..
FWIW, I agree with you that I personally preferred the previous solution. But Flash is the best overall solution because it causes the least problems for providers and users by integrating the controls with the streaming client: if you have working Flash, you will have access to all the content, and most users are watching on a computer and have Flash.

Flash is currently bad on the margins (e.g., cell phones), but given how much rich content is available only through Flash, bitching at your provider to get Macromedia to support Flash on your platform is going to solve more problems than, and be less futile than, trying in vain to get Cornell to bend over backwards to support your phone.

Date: November 07, 2009 10:00PM

cornell could always just push the content out to justin.tv for free. Money seems to be the major issue. I wonder just how much cornell is losing in this deal?

Re: game video [for minor sports]
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2009 10:06PM

I watched about 20 minutes of the women's volleyball game. It must be a godsend if you're a parent or sibling of a player and can't make it to Ithaca. That has to be revenue negative - viewers relative to how many people buy a package because of, say, volleyball. I bet it's one of the things schools have to do to be competitive in recruiting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login