Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros - November 2009

Posted by KeithK 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Alumni in the Pros - November 2009
Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: November 01, 2009 05:23PM

sah67
Douglas Murray scored his first goal of the year as the Sharks dispatched the Hurricanes 5-1 this afternoon.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - November 2009
Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 01, 2009 07:23PM

KeithK
sah67
Douglas Murray scored his first goal of the year as the Sharks dispatched the Hurricanes 5-1 this afternoon.

Thanks Keith...I was completely oblivious to the date when I posted this.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2009 07:27PM by sah67.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 01, 2009 09:36PM

Bitz was (is?) injured so I didn't get to watch him today. Boo.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 03, 2009 12:45PM

Nice Moulson pass to set up Tavares last night. Matt is now 6-5-11-6 in 14 GP, and his TOI has been high even though he only has the 1 point on the Isles' 4-game winning streak.

Posted by: jts15 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2009 09:01AM

Moulson and Cornell get a mention from Stan Fischler.

[www.hockeyjournal.com]

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: November 04, 2009 11:02AM

Notice the New England Hockey publication ad to the right of the column- Harvard's Biegas on the cover and an article on Justin Milo inside. No online edition that I can find.

Date: November 06, 2009 09:26PM

Our old friend Yann Danis, in net for the Devils tonight, held Matt Moulson off the scoreboard as the Devils beat the Islanders 2-1.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 07, 2009 12:01PM

sah67
Our old friend Yann Danis, in net for the Devils tonight, held Matt Moulson off the scoreboard as the Devils beat the Islanders 2-1.

I was at the game last night, and while Matt didn't play poorly, the Devils are so positionally strong on defense, that the Islanders as a whole never really got much going, except for the one play they scored on when former Colgate defenseman Cory Murphy was way out of position.

Danis played a strong game and couldn't do anything about the one goal but also wasn't challenged much. It's really amazing how well the Devils are playing defensively without Martin and Oduya, and now without two of their top defensive forwards, Pandolfo and Niedermayer. I was very happy with the final results of the game, but would not have minded if the game had to be 2-1, the one goal coming off of Moulson's stick.

Date: November 07, 2009 08:10PM

Byron Bitz back in the lineup tonight, scores his 2nd goal of the year, beating Ryan Miller of the Sabres to give Boston a 3-0 lead.

Matt Moulson also has an assist as the Islanders lead Atlanta 3-1.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 08:12PM by sah67.

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2009 08:28PM

Moulson adds a goal to his assist.

nevermind
Date: November 07, 2009 08:45PM

wrong thread.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 08:46PM by sah67.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 08, 2009 09:42PM

Posted by: cbuckser (---.ospd.ca.gov)
Date: November 11, 2009 12:22PM

Congrats to Matt Moulson, who got engaged on Monday.

Posted by: jkahn (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: November 11, 2009 07:13PM

Moulson scores at 1:02 of the first period, after the Caps scored at 8 seconds in.

Posted by: CUontheslopes (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2009 08:29PM

jkahn
Moulson scores at 1:02 of the first period, after the Caps scored at 8 seconds in.

He's now leading the team in points. He's been quite a revelation for a team needed a boost. I don't think anyone (except perhaps the most optimistic CU fan) saw this coming. Good for him. It's great to see him succeed, even if he isn't a Ranger...

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 11, 2009 08:31PM

CUontheslopes
jkahn

He's now leading the team in points. He's been quite a revelation for a team needed a boost. I don't think anyone (except perhaps the most optimistic CU fan) saw this coming. Good for him. It's great to see him succeed because he isn't a Ranger...

:-P

Date: November 11, 2009 09:51PM

Moulson misses in the fifth round of the shootout. Still going on. Is this the first time a Cornell player has participated in one? Nieuwendyk must have gotten an opportunity or two the first year after the lockout or 15 games he played the next year.

On a side note, what a terrible way to decide a game. Glad the ECAC hasn't implemented them yet.

EDIT: Just looked it up. Nieuwendyk was 2-9 in his career. That's a ton of attempts considering he didn't play much in the "shootout era."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2009 09:57PM by Ronald '09.

Date: November 12, 2009 10:10AM

Ronald '09
On a side note, what a terrible way to decide a game. Glad the ECAC hasn't implemented them yet.

Hopefully we can ride out this fad until it chokes on its own idiocy. Yes, I am still saying the same thing about the DH rule.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 12, 2009 12:15PM

Trotsky
Ronald '09

Hopefully we can ride out this fad until it chokes on its own idiocy. Yes, I am still saying the same thing about the DH rule.
Hey, if someone as stubborn as I am can be convinced that the DH is horrible then there must be hope. (Then again, I'm a purist in almost everything sports related so it was probably inevitable.)

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: November 12, 2009 12:27PM

KeithK
Trotsky
Ronald '09

Hey, if someone as stubborn as I am can be convinced that the DH is horrible then there must be hope. (Then again, I'm a purist in almost everything sports related so it was probably inevitable.)
Wait... you needed to be convinced? I thought that your opinions about sports were formed in the early 1900's and then stored in carbonite until you were born.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 12, 2009 12:41PM

ugarte
KeithK
Trotsky
Ronald '09

Wait... you needed to be convinced? I thought that your opinions about sports were formed in the early 1900's and then stored in carbonite until you were born.
FYP**]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 12, 2009 01:56PM

ugarte
KeithK
Trotsky
Ronald '09

I suspect Keith had the same experience I did of first learning about baseball by following the Yankees as a kid, after the AL had adopted the DH. We didn't realize how dumb it was until we thought to question it.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: November 12, 2009 02:33PM

jtwcornell91
ugarte
KeithK
Trotsky
Ronald '09

I suspect Keith had the same experience I did of first learning about baseball by following the Yankees as a kid, after the AL had adopted the DH. We didn't realize how dumb it was until we thought to question it.
Pretty much.

Though you're probably right about the carbonite. :-D

Date: November 12, 2009 04:17PM

Actually, W G Sumner wrote in 1883... bolt

Edit: Never mind, that's Kyle.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2009 04:18PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: November 12, 2009 04:20PM

KeithK
Trotsky
Ronald '09

Damn that forward pass!
3 points for a basket? What?!
Etc.

FWIW, I agree with you on the DH, but my opinion about the DH has nothing to do with purity (which I read as something like immutability; correct me if I'm wrong), but rather is the result of a philosophy about baseball lacking the special teams that exist in most other sports, as evidenced by the rules about substitutions.

Posted by: AnneDVM (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: November 12, 2009 05:10PM

CUontheslopes
jkahn

He's now leading the team in points. He's been quite a revelation for a team needed a boost. I don't think anyone (except perhaps the most optimistic CU fan) saw this coming. Good for him. It's great to see him succeed, even if he isn't a Ranger...

Well, perhaps I am the most optimistic CU fan, but having watched many of his games in Manchester, I definitely saw this coming. Matt has good positional sense, great hands when the puck comes to him, and a strong sense of defensive responsibility. He doesn't look fast, but he makes it to where he needs to be a lot of the time, and is able to capitalize when he gets a chance. All he needed was a chance with an NHL team that doesn't suck as badly as the Kings sucked last year and a coach who isn't looking to blame the team's failure on young players who aren't the real problem. Of course, it helps to get off to a strong start so that you continue to get the icetime to continue your success...

Date: November 12, 2009 05:37PM

Kyle Rose
KeithK
Trotsky
Ronald '09

Damn that forward pass!
3 points for a basket? What?!
Etc.

FWIW, I agree with you on the DH, but my opinion about the DH has nothing to do with purity (which I read as something like immutability; correct me if I'm wrong), but rather is the result of a philosophy about baseball lacking the special teams that exist in most other sports, as evidenced by the rules about substitutions.
I am a purist - most evident with baseball but also with other sports - but that doesn't mean I want to roll back changes that occurred in what I consider a sport's "pre-history". I don't have any problem with the forward pass or the myriad of changes that occurred in baseball in the 1880's.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 13, 2009 01:26AM

Douglas Murray was the third star in San Jose's 3-2 shootout loss to Dallas earlier tonight. Ryan Vesce is back up with the Sharks but played only about five minutes and missed as San Jose's last player in the shootout.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: November 13, 2009 07:50AM

ECAC site has link to interview with Nieuwendyk on NHL Live, but at present I can't get it to work.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 13, 2009 09:32AM

KeithK
I am a purist - most evident with baseball but also with other sports - but that doesn't mean I want to roll back changes that occurred in what I consider a sport's "pre-history". I don't have any problem with the forward pass or the myriad of changes that occurred in baseball in the 1880's.
Then I was right that you are just arbitrarily choosing a date to regard as pre-modern/modern, and rejecting changes after that. You are free to do that, but it doesn't make a convincing argument IMO.

Date: November 13, 2009 10:27AM

AnneDVM
Well, perhaps I am the most optimistic CU fan, but having watched many of his games in Manchester, I definitely saw this coming. Matt has good positional sense, great hands when the puck comes to him, and a strong sense of defensive responsibility. He doesn't look fast, but he makes it to where he needs to be a lot of the time, and is able to capitalize when he gets a chance. All he needed was a chance with an NHL team that doesn't suck as badly as the Kings sucked last year and a coach who isn't looking to blame the team's failure on young players who aren't the real problem. Of course, it helps to get off to a strong start so that you continue to get the icetime to continue your success...

It also helps to be playing on a line with two of the most talented young players in the world. banana

Date: November 13, 2009 02:13PM

Kyle Rose
KeithK
Then I was right that you are just arbitrarily choosing a date to regard as pre-modern/modern, and rejecting changes after that. You are free to do that, but it doesn't make a convincing argument IMO.
Who said I'm trying to convince anyone? I'm comfortable just knowing that I'm right. :-P

Posted by: kingpin248 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 13, 2009 07:35PM

Moulson has assists on both of Tavares's goals against Carolina tonight.

Posted by: Luke 05 (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: November 13, 2009 08:51PM

I didn't watch the game but heard Vesce scored the lone goal for the Sharks in their SO loss to the Stars last night.

Date: November 13, 2009 10:18PM

Luke 05
I didn't watch the game but heard Vesce scored the lone goal for the Sharks in their SO loss to the Stars last night.
The Sharks did lose to the Stars last night. But you everything else wrong.
[scores.espn.go.com]

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 13, 2009 11:38PM

Ryan got demoted today so he could get more ice time. He has impressed his coaches, and he is expected to return to San Jose in the not-too-distant future.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 14, 2009 09:15PM

[stars.nhl.com]
HHOF Notebook: Will Newy be next?

Date: November 14, 2009 10:07PM

jeff '84
[stars.nhl.com]
HHOF Notebook: Will Newy be next?
Not necessarily next (there's something of a backlog at the moment if I recall correctly) but he'll be there soon enough.

Date: November 15, 2009 06:44PM

Moulson vs. Bitz tomorrow (Monday) night at 7pm on NESN.

Date: November 15, 2009 07:37PM

Al DeFlorio
Moulson vs. Bitz tomorrow (Monday) night at 7pm on NESN.

And on MSG+ for those in the NYC area.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2009 10:06PM

Moulson story in Newsday

[www.newsday.com]

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize it required a login. For some reason I could read the whole thing the first time I clicked.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2009 10:29PM by ebilmes.

Posted by: nr53 (---.sub-75-192-180.myvzw.com)
Date: November 16, 2009 12:59AM

ebilmes
Moulson story in Newsday

[www.newsday.com]

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize it required a login. For some reason I could read the whole thing the first time I clicked.

Fwiw I could read it without logging in

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2009 01:14AM

ebilmes
Moulson story in Newsday

[www.newsday.com]

newsday.com is now a log-in site, however you are allowed to view one article a day without logging in

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: November 16, 2009 12:22PM

There's a thread over on the hockeysfuture.com board about Lindstrom saying that Murray should be invited to play on the Swedish Olympics team. Seems like fairly good praise though I haven't read the article they reference since I don't read Swedish...

[hfboards.com]

Posted by: HockeyMan (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2009 01:57PM

nr53
There's a thread over on the hockeysfuture.com board about Lindstrom saying that Murray should be invited to play on the Swedish Olympics team. Seems like fairly good praise though I haven't read the article they reference since I don't read Swedish...

[hfboards.com]

The article says that Lidstrom wants Murray on the team for his hard-nosed, physical play, which, Lidstrom stresses, is especially valuable on the smaller North American ice surface. He says Murray is a very tough competitor, hard to play against, and he notes that Murray and Holmstrom have had some tough battles when the Sharks and Wings play. It's an "un-Swedish" style play, the article says, mentioning Murray's crushing hit on the Russian Morozov at the '08 world championships that led to a one-game suspension. "I would never say no" to playing in the Olympics, Murray is quoted as saying by phone from St. Louis. "It's always been a dream to play on the national team ever since I was small."

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: November 16, 2009 02:34PM

NHL.com

feature article on Moulson at nhl.com

Posted by: BCrespi (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 16, 2009 02:50PM

NHL.com
Moulson said he considers himself more a worker than a goal scorer, saying all those days of shooting pucks at goaltenders taught him one thing.

"I learned I need to score all my goals from the blue paint in," he said. "My best attribute is probably just getting to those areas where you can score."

Pretty funny quote from the closest thing to a sniper on the great teams of 03-06.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 16, 2009 04:58PM

HockeyMan
nr53

[hfboards.com]

The article says that Lidstrom wants Murray on the team for his hard-nosed, physical play, which, Lidstrom stresses, is especially valuable on the smaller North American ice surface. He says Murray is a very tough competitor, hard to play against, and he notes that Murray and Holmstrom have had some tough battles when the Sharks and Wings play. It's an "un-Swedish" style play, the article says, mentioning Murray's crushing hit on the Russian Morozov at the '08 world championships that led to a one-game suspension. "I would never say no" to playing in the Olympics, Murray is quoted as saying by phone from St. Louis. "It's always been a dream to play on the national team ever since I was small."
I'm confused - are the Olympics going to be played on 200x85 ice this winter?

Also, I have a hard time imagining Murray was ever small. I kind of think he was like 5'11" and 175 pounds when he started grade school.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 16, 2009 05:02PM

Josh '99

Yes.

[www.vancouver2010.com]

The 2010 Olympic Winter Games ice hockey tournaments are played on a North American ice surface which is four metres narrower than international rinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2009 05:04PM by nyc94.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 16, 2009 07:17PM

Moulson just scored a goal in the first period.

Date: November 16, 2009 07:31PM

"Chara runs into Moulson -- and Chara's the one that goes down!"

Posted by: jputterman24 (---.c3-0.bkl-ubr2.sbo-bkl.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 16, 2009 07:38PM

After Moulson scored against the Bruins tonight, NESN did a 30 second thing on how Moulson and Bitz were roommates at Cornell and showed them on a split screen along with their college stats. not sure if there will be a video online somewhere.

Date: November 16, 2009 08:21PM

jputterman24
After Moulson scored against the Bruins tonight, NESN did a 30 second thing on how Moulson and Bitz were roommates at Cornell and showed them on a split screen along with their college stats. not sure if there will be a video online somewhere.
The best line, after the announcers talked about Moulson's texting messages to Bitz during last spring's Stanley Cup playoffs, was one saying to the other: "I remember when the Ivy guys used to write letters to one another."

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2009 08:34PM

BCrespi
NHL.com
Moulson said he considers himself more a worker than a goal scorer, saying all those days of shooting pucks at goaltenders taught him one thing.

"I learned I need to score all my goals from the blue paint in," he said. "My best attribute is probably just getting to those areas where you can score."

Pretty funny quote from the closest thing to a sniper on the great teams of 03-06.

Which is from where (at least it seemed that way on the NHL.com video clip) he scored tonight's goal. B-]

Posted by: cbuckser (76.197.13.---)
Date: November 16, 2009 08:38PM

Matt got his second of the night, on a centering pass from Richard Park late in the second period.

Date: November 16, 2009 08:38PM

Moulson tallies another to put the Isles up 2-1.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2009 08:49PM

With 10 goals, Matt now has more in a single season than all but 2 Cornellians. Lance Nethery had 11 in 33 games in 1980-81.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2009 09:00PM

Natural Hat Trick by Matt Moulson!!!! 11 goals on the season!! (Edit)Uh oh - spoke too soon. Looks like Matt didn't score that 3rd goal!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2009 09:07PM by Larry72.

Date: November 16, 2009 09:03PM

Larry72
Natural Hat Trick by Matt Moulson!!!! 11 goals on the season!!
Where was this production his senior year?

Sorry, did I just piss on the communal cornflakes? ;-) Really, I'm happy for him: he's worked hard, so it's nice to see him succeed. Go Matt!

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.stonybrook.edu)
Date: November 16, 2009 09:10PM

Congrats Matty Moulson!

Date: November 16, 2009 09:11PM

Kyle Rose

38 points, down from a career high of 42.

Date: November 16, 2009 09:13PM

Larry72
Natural Hat Trick by Matt Moulson!!!! 11 goals on the season!! (Edit)Uh oh - spoke too soon. Looks like Matt didn't score that 3rd goal!

He will not retain credit for the goal, I don't think. Either way, it wouldn't be a natural hat trick, since there was a Bruin goal in the middle of it.

Date: November 16, 2009 09:13PM

Larry72
NHL site has him with the goal. Not a natural hat trick, however -- Boston has one in the middle.

Date: November 16, 2009 09:14PM

Trotsky
Kyle Rose

38 points, down from a career high of 42.
Thank you, Dr. Stats. :-)

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 16, 2009 09:15PM

I'm pretty sure he didn't score it....yup, just changed it to Tavares. It was pretty clear on the replay that he didn't touch it, and he went and pointed to Tavares that he scored it right after.

Date: November 16, 2009 09:16PM

Moulson officially loses his goal to Tavares.

Date: November 16, 2009 09:39PM

And with those 2 goals, Moulson has tied Sidney Crosby with 10 goals apiece. Pretty unbelievable. Great for him and great for CU hockey.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2009 09:57PM

There have been a few posters here over the past few years that have been dismissive of Moulson's professional aspirations -- in fact I recall someone posting something to the effect that he "wouldn't be surprised if Moulson were back in the AHL before the season was over."

Time to eat a little crow, gentlemen?

Posted by: ftyuv (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 16, 2009 10:47PM

Grumble. I never thought I'd be so upset at a Cornellian's success.

Date: November 16, 2009 11:26PM

On NHL.com, there is a nice game recap with Moulson as the 1st star.

Date: November 17, 2009 12:19AM

Kyle Rose
Larry72
Well, he has to work a lot harder now because he's carrying mediocre linemates. No such difficulties at Cornell. :-D

Date: November 17, 2009 07:51AM

Josh '99
Kyle Rose
Larry72
Well, he has to work a lot harder now because he's carrying mediocre linemates. No such difficulties at Cornell. :-D

Still throwing stones despite moving into a glass house the last few weeks? :-P

NY Rangers 23
NY Islanders 23

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr1.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 17, 2009 08:03AM

Moulson was one of the 3 Stars of the Day from the Puck Daddy Blog. And with 3,000+ subscribers that's a lot of people seeing his name as the #1 star of the day.

Posted by: Robb (---.106-92.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: November 17, 2009 08:37AM

munchkin
Moulson was one of the 3 Stars of the Day from the Puck Daddy Blog. And with 3,000+ subscribers that's a lot of people seeing his name as the #1 star of the day.
Don't knock it. That's like 38% of the national NHL audience, I think. worry

Posted by: ftyuv (74.9.47.---)
Date: November 17, 2009 09:55AM

Wow, I just took a look at the NYI-BOS highlights. The Rask giveaway that lead to Moulson's second goal reminded me of the GWG against McKee at Wisconsin in '06.

NYI against BOS

Wisc. against Cornell (warning: may cause some people to cry... again)

Date: November 17, 2009 12:06PM

Jordan 04
Josh '99
Kyle Rose
Larry72

Still throwing stones despite moving into a glass house the last few weeks? :-P

NY Rangers 23
NY Islanders 23
I never claimed the Rangers were good, and even if they aren't it still doesn't preclude me from making fun of the Islanders. :-}

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr1.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 17, 2009 12:16PM

Robb
munchkin
Don't knock it. That's like 38% of the national NHL audience, I think. worry

I wasn't knocking it. For a hockey blog, that's a big subscriber number.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 17, 2009 01:55PM

HockeyMan
nr53

[hfboards.com]

Murray's grandfather played for team Sweden, so its a huge honor for Doug.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 17, 2009 02:14PM

Josh '99

They're using GM Place. And in order to have time to get the place Olympic-ready (and undo all that afterwards), the poor Canucks are going to be on an NHL-record 14-game road trip from Jan. 30 to March 13.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2009 02:14PM by CowbellGuy.

Date: November 17, 2009 02:21PM

Jordan 04
Still throwing stones despite moving into a glass house the last few weeks?
Moulson's linemates are Tavares and Okposo. I'm pretty sure he was kidding. B-]

Date: November 17, 2009 02:29PM

Trotsky
Jordan 04
Still throwing stones despite moving into a glass house the last few weeks?
Moulson's linemates are Tavares and Okposo. I'm pretty sure he was kidding. B-]
No, he was right. I was insulting Tavares and Okposo.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.26.132.---)
Date: November 17, 2009 02:36PM

Point of order: They took Okposo off that line. Richard Park took his place.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: November 17, 2009 05:53PM

The Rancor
HockeyMan
nr53

[hfboards.com]

Well, it would be if he is chosen. I mean, I'm sure Lidstrom is a voice worth listening to, so it will carry some weight, but did I miss something about Lidstrom being involved in team selection?

Date: November 17, 2009 06:02PM

Jordan 04
Well, way to prove my point about untalented linemates. :-D

Date: November 17, 2009 06:03PM

ugarte
The Rancor
HockeyMan
nr53

[hfboards.com]

Well, it would be if he is chosen. I mean, I'm sure Lidstrom is a voice worth listening to, so it will carry some weight, but did I miss something about Lidstrom being involved in team selection?
It seems likely that he'll be the captain now that Mats Sundin retired, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that he might have some role in team selection.

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: November 17, 2009 06:34PM

Today's main photo on the front page of the Burlington (VT) Free Press sports section was a large, color shot of Moulson celebrating one of his goals.

Date: November 18, 2009 04:50PM

Jordan 04
Shows you how good an Isles fan I am these days.

Posted by: adamw (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 18, 2009 10:28PM

Trotsky
Jordan 04

I believe that's temporary, because Okposo was out a couple games with H1N1

Date: November 18, 2009 10:34PM

adamw
Trotsky
Jordan 04

It's been that way since he's returned.

Multiple Player Articles On ECAC Website
Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: November 19, 2009 12:24AM

Things are looking good when we have 4 alumni with articles on the ECAC website at the same time. I don't think I have ever seen this with any team.

Moulson(2): [slam.canoe.ca]
[www.nhl.com]|NHL|home

McCutcheon: [www.winnipegsun.com]

O'Byrne: [www.montrealgazette.com]

Vesce: [www.ecachockey.com]

Re: Multiple Player Articles On ECAC Website
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 19, 2009 11:47AM

cth95
Things are looking good when we have 4 alumni with articles on the ECAC website at the same time. I don't think I have ever seen this with any team.

Even if the title of that one does manage to get the idiom wrong, as usual. (Sorry, pet peeve.)

Posted by: fullofgas (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2009 05:30PM

CowbellGuy
cth95

Even if the title of that one does manage to get the idiom wrong, as usual. (Sorry, pet peeve.)

You should just flaunt it. For all intensive purposes there are less problems we can hone in on. Lets move towards a new understanding in this crazy doggy dog world.:-P

Posted by: adamw (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 19, 2009 09:11PM

Jordan 04
adamw
Trotsky
Jordan 04

It's been that way since he's returned.

Right - but I heard Isles broadcasters say the other day that eventually Okposo will go back. May not happen, who knows, but I think they said that.

Posted by: Robb (---.203-62.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: November 20, 2009 03:21AM

fullofgas
CowbellGuy
cth95

You should just flaunt it. For all intensive purposes there are less problems we can hone in on. Lets move towards a new understanding in this crazy doggy dog world.:-P
OW - MY EYES!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

Date: November 20, 2009 09:39AM

fullofgas
CowbellGuy
cth95

Well, since you mentioned this crazy dog world...;-)

the 25-year-old looked not unlike the rambunctious dog that’s about to be unleashed to chase squirrels in the park.

There are two dogs at the Animal Shelter I have been volunteering at that fit this description to a tee, and one of them is named, ironically, OBI. OBI is a lanky Irish Wolfhound mix 8 month old puppy that when he first came to the shelter reminded me Ryan O'Byrne (name and his puppy awkwardness :)). The other guy is CHIEF, a yellow lab/ Dobey (?) mix. If you are coming down for the Everblades tourney in Estero (the shelter is about 30 minutes down the road from arena), I can make the introductions :).

Ryan must be really straining at the leash now, because he didn't play on Tuesday night. Maybe tonight vs. the Caps?

Posted by: ftyuv (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 20, 2009 08:48PM

Bitz just made a great play, hustling to force a 2-on-1 and feeding Lucic for the tying goal against Buffalo.

Date: November 22, 2009 10:34AM

Ryan Vesce is back up with San Jose, and had an assist against Anaheim last night.

It sounds like it might be a very short term call-up; Setoguchi is out for a few days and someone else has the flu.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2009 11:35AM

Rita
Ryan Vesce is back up with San Jose, and had an assist against Anaheim last night.

It sounds like it might be a very short term call-up; Setoguchi is out for a few days and someone else has the flu.
Thanks, keep up the updates. For those of us who don't follow all the teams, it's nice to hear what's going on. And I can keep my thread updated.

Posted by: redfanbytradition (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 22, 2009 01:53PM

Seems like everyone is jumping on the Moulson bandwagon.

ESPN

Date: November 22, 2009 02:25PM

redfanbytradition
Seems like everyone is jumping on the Moulson bandwagon.

ESPN

Great article!

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login