Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Soon... but not soon enough...

Posted by Doug '08 
Soon... but not soon enough...
Posted by: Doug '08 (---.sip.msy.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 31, 2009 02:06AM

We will all again be basking in the surreal aura that is CORNELL BIG RED HOCKEY. Nothing unites Cornellians (except for maybe dunbars,which has DEFINITLY inspired this post right now) more than the hallowed grounds of Lynah rink... an adrenaline rush like no there. This is our place on earth.

One day a naive "facetimer" comes to his first game. Opponents for the today: crimson of harvard. Just his luck, he has stepped right into a bloodboath. THe crowd shows up (on time), makes noise, and are in some way bonded to each through a frentic lunacy best known to the lynah faithful. We are in the zone. This, as his first game, has him instantly mesmerized by the passion, LOUDNESS, intensity, energy and SPIRIT in our holy battleground. For this is where we do WAR, the Cornell faithful come prepared, with jerseys, signs, COWBELLS, shirts, hats, newspapers, video cameras, PEP BANDS, and the most, raucous, witty, and create the most electrified feeling in all of sports. Ken Dryden used to skate down there... so did Joey-N, Dan Lodboa, Brock Tredway, and hundreds of legends passed.

Paying no regard for his real "seat" the facetimer is making his presence felt ON the ice and in the stands. The Lynah Faithful CAN change the outcome of a game. In fact, in this game, they just willed a fresh-legged Mike Kennedy off the bench and into a rush...3rd period, Cornell down by 1 to its arch rival at home... clock running down... he dekes, the chrow is already on its feet, deaf with anticipation... Now only one man to beat... Richter steps out... Kennedy makes his move, shoots...

Re: Soon... but not soon enough...
Posted by: sah67 (---.dynamic.amnh.org)
Date: August 31, 2009 09:15AM

Doug '08
Cornell down by 1 to its arch rival at home... clock running down... he dekes, the chrow is already on its feet, deaf with anticipation... Now only one man to beat... Richter steps out... Kennedy makes his move, shoots...

Ahem...Krantz had already tied it before Kennedy's heroics innocent

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.sip.msy.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 31, 2009 09:28AM

Hah, true indeed. I hope you all will excuse my drunk ramblings after a long night of boozing!

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.223.---)
Date: August 31, 2009 12:21PM

Doug '08
Hah, true indeed. I hope you all will excuse my drunk ramblings after a long night of boozing!

You were home by 1 and consider it a long night? it must have started rather early.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: August 31, 2009 12:34PM

Love the drunk typos. laugh

Posted by: BCrespi (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 31, 2009 04:52PM

Dpperk29
Doug '08

You were home by 1 and consider it a long night? it must have started rather early.

Weren't you raised in/around Ithaca? If you can't get it done by 1, you're doing it wrong.

Date: August 31, 2009 08:47PM

BCrespi
Dpperk29
Doug '08

Weren't you raised in/around Ithaca? If you can't get it done by 1, you're doing it wrong.

Just because the bars close doesn't mean it's time to stop boozing.

But then again, not everyone is an engineering major with a need to keep warm.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 31, 2009 09:51PM

Dpperk29
BCrespi
Dpperk29
Doug '08

Just because the bars close doesn't mean it's time to stop boozing.

But then some of us who were engineering majors, and then added some biology to that, know that EtOH cools you, not warming you.drunk:-P

Posted by: tretiak (---.104.149.24.cable.rdfr.cablerocket.net)
Date: August 31, 2009 10:10PM

so doug did you drunk dial o'byrne before or after starting this thread?

p.s. kensy came out of the penalty box when he was sprung on that game-winning breakaway goal against harvard. that was one of the best recent cornell hockey moments
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 10:16PM by tretiak.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: September 01, 2009 12:07AM

Dpperk29
Doug '08

I think I have all my Daylight saving settings right...he posted after 2 EDT.

Also, I miss being in *any* Ithaca bar on a Sunday night and I did get some goosebumps from Doug's post. As well as every time I watch this youtube video, may it never die:

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 01, 2009 09:12AM

Josh '99

Doug '08
Ken Dryden used to skate down there... so did Joey-N, Dan Lodboa, Brock Tredway, and hundreds of legends passed.

And you've got to give him credit for knowing his limitations and not even attempting "Nieuwendyk."

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: September 01, 2009 02:13PM

Dpperk29

You need to keep warm... so you left Ithaca.

To go to...Clarkson????

Cue up the Corona commercial with Dpperk29 on his beach chair in sunny Potsdam...banana

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: September 01, 2009 03:42PM

andyw2100
Josh '99

Doug '08
Ken Dryden used to skate down there... so did Joey-N, Dan Lodboa, Brock Tredway, and hundreds of legends passed.

And you've got to give him credit for knowing his limitations and not even attempting "Nieuwendyk."

Why isn't that in the spelling guide?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: September 01, 2009 04:51PM

French Rage
I assumed all real fans knew how to spell it.

Date: September 01, 2009 06:20PM

TimV
Dpperk29

You need to keep warm... so you left Ithaca.

To go to...Clarkson????

Cue up the Corona commercial with Dpperk29 on his beach chair in sunny Potsdam...banana

I need to keep warm because I left Ithaca for Clarkson. Moving to the North Country to keep warm is like going to an AA meeting looking for drinking buddies.

and potsdam is actually a rather sunny place in the winter. Once you get down below -10 or so the clouds disappear and the sun is blinding.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: September 01, 2009 07:03PM

CowbellGuy
French Rage
I assumed all real fans knew how to spell it.

But they wouldn't know how to spell Schafer or Pokulok?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr1.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: September 01, 2009 07:58PM

But real fans don't know how to spell Syphilis?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: September 02, 2009 02:43PM

If you don't know Nieuwendyk you know you don't know Nieuwendyk.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login