Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Harvard Roll Call (2/15)

Posted by bigggreddd77 
Harvard Roll Call (2/15)
Posted by: bigggreddd77 (---)
Date: January 31, 2003 02:29PM

Not that we can by any means look past our next 3 games, especially after last night against 'Gate...

(groan...#@%$!%!)

Buuuuut...I haven't gotten to a Cornell hockey game all year and I'm getting REALLY pumped for going to the Harvard game at Bright on 2/15. I was wondering who is going to be there and in what sections?

I'm in Section 9, Row F, seats 1 and 2

Are there any Cornell sponsored/related festivities that surround the game there or what? Certain bar that people may go to afterwards?

Anywaaaay...was just curious... Give a shout if you're going to be there.

Re: Harvard Roll Call (2/15)
Posted by: Will (128.253.12.---)
Date: January 31, 2003 02:36PM

I'll be there. I forget where my seats are (I'm at work right now and the tickets are in my apartment). It'll be a great game, no doubt about it.

Posted by: Adam '01 (205.217.105.---)
Date: January 31, 2003 03:13PM

I'll be there with a group of 5. I know of 3 others who are going to be there in a different group.

Posted by: A-19 (---)
Date: January 31, 2003 03:15PM

10 of us will be there in the "cornell section, " section 14-- according to the cu box office. we're in rows D and E.

-mike

Posted by: Big Ben 03 (---)
Date: January 31, 2003 04:22PM

I'll be tagging along with OOTGWGROV and some other people.

Posted by: melissa'01 (---)
Date: January 31, 2003 04:31PM

Count me and Judy in ... as if we'd miss that one!!! :-D

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---)
Date: January 31, 2003 04:35PM

I'll be there with five others,

Section 14 Row G Seats 1-6

Can't wait. . .:-))

Posted by: judy (---)
Date: January 31, 2003 06:27PM

and I think we have the seats right behind Jason.
workin' my way to switiching my off fridays. :-)

Are y'alls going to Brown too? I've got my "adopted little sisters" coming with us to Brown (since they live 5 min. from the Brown rink) and they love us (the faithful).

Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: January 31, 2003 06:58PM

I will not be there. :`(

Posted by: atb9 (---)
Date: January 31, 2003 08:09PM

Will be sitting in the Harvard student section again with 6 other of the faithful.

Posted by: Section A (---)
Date: January 31, 2003 11:14PM

Well, I don't know any of you guys (or gals) personally, but for what it's worth, I'll be there with 3 of my friends. And as a sophomore, this is my first trip to Bright. :-)

Posted by: A-19 (---)
Date: January 31, 2003 11:22PM

anyone know the layout of the rink? we have seats 17, 16, 15 , 14, 13 in two rows, and i was under the impression that sect 14 was alot like our section A, so that we would be on the aisle, not all the way to the left by the locker rooms. any ideas?

-mike

Posted by: Mike Hedrick 01 (---)
Date: February 01, 2003 01:36AM

There is a schematic on the Harvard Athletics site under ticket's and Men's hockey (I'm too lazy to go get the link myself right now).

I'll be in section 9 myself, which I believe is in the corner. It will be a first introduction to the Faithful for the friend who is going with me, so I hope we make it a good one!

Posted by: Robb (---)
Date: February 01, 2003 06:59AM

From what I remember, section 14 is dead center ice, bit I haven't been there in a couple of years. Someone else should know for sure.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: February 01, 2003 08:54AM

Robb wrote:

From what I remember, section 14 is dead center ice, bit I haven't been there in a couple of years. Someone else should know for sure.
Sections 5 and 17 are center ice. Section 14 is like Section A in Lynah--on the end line of the goal where the home team shoots twice (at least I think that last phrase, based on long-suppressed, very unpleasant memories of last year's game, is true).

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---)
Date: February 01, 2003 09:59AM

Here's the link [gocrimson.ocsn.com] .

The rink, as Al said goes like:
                  ...............................5......................           .
              ....  8                      Hvd bench                     1..       
          ....                                                                ..24    
       11                                                                        .. 
          ....                                                                 ....   
              .... 14                CU                            20   ....        
Well, at least something like that.
Unfortunately, maybe not, my family is in Sec. 1. But hey, I'm bringing my mother-in-law to her first game. Quite an initiation, I suspect.

Date: February 01, 2003 10:51AM

Thanks to the good folks at the Cornell Club of Boston, I'm in Section 17, row F, seat 10, Jim.

The CCOB is having a pre-game reception at 3pm at the Dillon Field House, but you probably need tickets in advance so they can plan on your coming and order accordingly. Plenty of food, cash bar, unnamed speakers, and the Big Red Band. They also have a "free" post-game party in the Dillon Lounge, apparently for all Cornell fans. Tom P., correct me if I've got any of this wrong, please.

Date: February 01, 2003 11:17AM

Thanks, we'll probably try and be there. See if you can get details on signing up.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---)
Date: February 01, 2003 11:42AM

Al is very much correct. The Cornell sections run from Section 14 all the way to Section 20 and that side of the rink should be virtually all Cornell. I'll be there with 400 of my closest 'friends'. The Cornell Club had only about 1/3 of the tickets in these sections so I really don't know who else has tickets in any of these sections but presumably they went to those who called the box office for 'Cornell section' tickets.

The Cornell Club of Boston welcomes anybody coming from Cornell to its pre-game festivities in the Dillon Lounge in the Dillon Field House adjacent to Bright Arena. We'll be there beginning at 3 p.m. right up until game time. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door and includes dinner, the entertainment, a game program and more. At this point, 160 people are currently attending which will make it the biggest gathering before the game.

If anybody needs information on tickets or directions to the arena, seat locations, etc. feel free to e-mail me If you would like to buy tickets to the reception in advance without sending money, you can find me next weekend after the Dartmouth and Vermont games at Lynah behind Section A and I'll be happy to sell you tickets. After the game, everybody is welcome for free to come over to the Dillon Lounge for a place to gather.

For those of you who don't have tickets to the game, HARVARD WILL PUT ALL OF ITS STANDING ROOM TICKETS ON SALE AT 9 A.M. THIS MONDAY MORNING FEBRUARY 3RD. YOU CAN CALL THE HARVARD BOX OFFICE AT 617-495-2211.

Date: February 01, 2003 12:31PM

If CCOB is using the same caterer as the last two years, the food will be terrific!:-P

Posted by: Josh '99 (---)
Date: February 01, 2003 04:11PM

I'll be there. I have a single ticket in section 8, so I'll probably try to work my way around to be near other Cornell folks.

Date: February 01, 2003 08:50PM

Awesome...looking forward to cheering with you Judy!

I'm not gonna be at Brown...but I'll hopefully be at Princeton...hoping that my ticket request comes through.

Posted by: gtsully (---)
Date: February 01, 2003 10:35PM

Wouldn't miss it - I haven't missed a Harvard game, playoffs of otherwise, in five years, and I'm not gonna stop now, when the game is a short bus ride from my place...

I'll be there as part of a group of five within a larger group of 50 - my fraternity is having their regional conference in Boston that weekend, and a bunch of guys (and family members, I assume) will be in town. We're all meeting at John Harvard's before the game, and I'm bringing my roommate, who didn't even go to an ECAC school, but did go to the UHN game with me last year and can't wait to check out a Harvard game, based on what I've told him and what he's seen so far.

Posted by: Micaela (---)
Date: February 02, 2003 01:29PM

For some reason unknown to me, John Harvard's (restaurant/bar) has turned into the Cornell pre/post game venue. After last year's game, there were so many Cornellians that we sang the alma mater and Age did the cowbell cheer. Aside from the benefits of convenient location (easy walk to rink) and amazing chicken pot pie, there's a certain panache to taking over the bar bearing your rival's name that I find immensely appealing.

Date: February 02, 2003 04:46PM

Micaela said:[Q]John Harvard's (restaurant/bar) has turned into the Cornell pre/post game venue. [/Q] Yes, but wouldn't it be nice to support the CC of Boston and go to their pre/post game party? No, I'm not trying to say you have to, just that they are there for the team and fans every year and I plan on supporting them until they do a bad job of it.

So I vote for Dillon Lounge.:-)

Posted by: Denison '71 (---)
Date: February 02, 2003 06:23PM

For those such as myself who don't know, where is the Cornell Club in Boston & what credentials do you need to visit?

Date: February 02, 2003 08:56PM

Check Tom's post above.

Date: February 02, 2003 09:37PM

There is no "physical" Cornell Club in Boston like the one in New York. It's an organization of Cornell alums in the area who plan events (e.g., dinners, museum visits, outings of other sorts, and group gatherings at Boston-area athletic events) for members of the group. Most major metropolitan areas have such a Club. There's a section in the back of Cornell Magazine, or whatever it's called now, that lists upcoming events all across the country.

The specifics on the pre- and post-Harvard game events are in Tom P.'s posting above.

Posted by: Beeeej (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 01:44AM

I'll be there with a couple of non-CU Boston friends. Section 18. I'm taking the bus up and back so that I don't lose eight good hours of studying time. rolleyes

Beeeej

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 02:03AM

I will CU in Cambridge in 4 days. Our seats are Section 16, Row C and seats 7-11. The group will include: Tom Tseng '87, wife Rebecca Smith, friends Jill M. '88, Nora B. '93, her beau John (nc). Others will include Joanna E. (from Harvard, but engaged to a JGSM grad). :-))

PS: We will also be at Brown on Friday nite. Happy Valentine's Day!

Posted by: McManus '03 (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 02:15AM

I'll see yall at Brown and Harvard.

I've got Standing room tix for the Harvard game. Anyone know how strict they are there about where people have to stand for that?

Justin McManus
--

Co-President of the Doug Murray Section B (now shirtless) fan club

Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 03:11AM

John Harvard's became the default gathering place because (1) beer (2) it was close to the rink (3) beer (4) it was close to the T (5) beer (6) the food was excellent (7) beer and (8) there were tables big enough for large groups. There may have been a ninth reason that I'm blanking on...

Posted by: gwm3 (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 09:29AM

I'm pretty sure you can stand just about anywhere behind the last row of seats, all the way around the rink. I had standing room tickets two years ago, and we stood center ice, right behind the CU section (well, one of the CU sections ;-) ). I thought it was a great place to watch the game from, plus you don't have to worry about some 112 year old Harvard fan behind you asking you to sit down.

Posted by: cnunlist (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 09:38AM

I will be at Brown Friday night but desperately need tickets for Harvard on Saturday. Does anyone have any ideas on how to score last minute tickets? Is it possible to get them at Bright the night of the game from scalpers?

Cabot Nunlist class of '97

Date: February 11, 2003 09:50AM

Cabot, I don't know how early you're able to get to Cambridge, but my advice:

Get there very early and be creative. That's all I'm gonna say. :-)

Posted by: jeh25 (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 09:56AM

You could try getting to the rink at 3pm and hiding in the bathroom for 4 hours. Might want to bring a book and a snack.

Date: February 11, 2003 10:14AM

Don't even need to hide. Just hang something around your neck and "look official." Might wear a tie and just act like you belong there.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 10:44AM

John E Hayes '98 '00 wrote:

Might want to bring a book and a snack.
To the bathroom? EW! yark

Posted by: melissa'01 (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 11:26AM

You don't even need to hide in the b-room. Judy and I showed up a few hrs early 2 years ago, sat in the stands and remained inside through the game. yup. who says harvard is full of bright minds?

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 11:29AM

There was a women's game in the afternoon 2 years ago. Don't know if they'll just let you in since nothing's going on this year.

Posted by: melissa (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 11:45AM

ooops. yeah. forgot that part.

Today's Crimson
Posted by: nyc94 (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 12:10PM

From this mornings Harvard Crimson sports section:

"Because as Harvard proved last year—when things looked much, much worse than they do now—there is life A.B. (After Beanpot).

That part of the puck calendar starts this weekend, with the Crimson’s absolutely critical home series with an upstart Colgate (3-1 in its last four games) and rival Cornell, which is now two points ahead of Harvard atop the ECAC standings and—as always—might have a fan or two more than the Crimson this weekend at Bright Hockey Center."

At least this year they admit we're a rival.

Date: February 11, 2003 07:57PM

also, last year, when we did try to walk in at 5:50 (with tickets) the guy at the door told us to come back in a few minutes.

Posted by: Lisa McGill (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 08:15PM

We'll be Section 9, Row J, Seats 10-11 (with some others, thanks to Beaber who graciously did ticket duty).

In related news, has anyone checked on the Brown ticket situation? Is buying at the door still safe, as it has been in past years?

Posted by: KateThe15Fan (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 08:19PM

JDeafV and I have tickets in Section 14, Row G, Seats 11 and 12. We also have a few other small assorted groups coming with us.

We already have tickets for Brown, so can't give you advice there.

Here's to a great weekend ahead! Is it Friday yet? Safe travels to everyone!

Date: February 11, 2003 08:48PM

Brown's usually pretty empty. The 50 fans + their marching band aren't really all that loud...but they do have a little gang of...what...12 year olds (?) that like to harass us...

Posted by: Ex-Long Die Guy (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 10:08PM

...to whom is yelled "your mom's a whore!" :-D

Posted by: Jeff Hardgrove '01 (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 10:37PM

as per original subject... "present"

Yeah, anyway, Section 18 at the game, by the food at the CCOB reception, and by the bar at John Harvard's.

Posted by: WillC18 (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 10:52PM

SEC 14, Row H, Seat 14

LGR!!!

Dude, you are not getting a Dell!!!

Place your bets. . .Saturday Referee (2/15)
Date: February 11, 2003 11:13PM

So who would like to start the line on which of our distinguished referees will be working Saturdays game? Will it be:

(a) Alex Dell

(b) Scott Hansen

(c) Dan Murphy

(d) Tim Kotrya

Thoughts anyone???rolleyes

Okay, don't call me paranoid. . . but did anyone else notice that our two conference losses were with Alex Dell as a the referee. Is it just me or is that a little odd?

Re: Place your bets. . .Saturday Referee (2/15)
Posted by: Will (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 08:00AM

Well, this season, Dell has also officiated our 3-0 win over Princeton, our 3-2 away win over SLU(t), and our 8-1 win over Vermont this past weekend. I don't think he can be blamed for our two losses, but I admit it is a little odd that he happened to be present for both of Cornell's ECAC losses.

Date: February 12, 2003 10:01AM

Judging from these posts, it seems that the "Cornell section" might actually extend from Section 9 through Section 20. Bloody awesome.

And it's doubtful that Dell will work our game this weekend. He's worked a lot of games this season and there are child labor laws, after all.

:-P

Posted by: cquinn (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 10:42AM

If Dell does ref the Harvard game, Hornby better be on his best behavior. (Hornby's best behavior being relative, of course.) Wasn't Dell the ref who kicked him out of both the Colgate game and the Vermont game?

Posted by: rhovorka (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 01:09PM

Yeah, but the Vermont DQ was kind of a no-brainer.

And, if you'll remember, Dell was actually trying to wave off Colgate's winning goal.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 01:53PM

FWIW, I talked to a guy at the Brown ticket office this morning. He's been getting a lot of calls from Cornell fans, and he's betting that the game this Friday will sell out. I didn't ask how many tickets are left at the moment, and I'll believe it when I see it, but I thought I'd pass along the information.

Re: Place your bets. . .Saturday Referee (2/15)
Date: February 12, 2003 01:54PM

That's all I was saying. . .it's just a little odd.:-)

Posted by: Mike Hedrick 01 (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 05:16PM

Jeff! What's up?! I'm flying up from DC for the game - I can't wait. I'll be in section 9 and hopefully some of the pre/post-game festivities.

At least the Red is giving us plenty to cheer for while our Rangers stumble through yet another season.

Date: February 12, 2003 06:55PM

Ok. Make that a negative. Apparently we ARE missing that one. And - no - our tix aren't up for grabs. Sorry for those without. Tho we won't be there we'll be listening to the web feed intently. To everyone going - make LOTS of noise ... and don't let them forget who really owns Lynah East! ;-)

Date: February 12, 2003 10:42PM

to explain...in a moment of stupidity while I was cleaning my room, I came across the envelope with the hockey tickets...I looked at it and thought...I already saw this game!...thinking that this was for the november game...and tossed the envelope in the trash...which went down the trash shoot a couple of hours later...which was over the weekend and since then has probably been burned by the incinerator(sp?)...don't ask me what I was thinking but I was fearful for my life when I realized what I'd done...

all right y'alls...cheer loud and cheer proud!
however, I will be at brown...

Date: February 12, 2003 11:16PM

Come on, check the other threads. You can always find a way in. Go for it.

Posted by: Adam '04 (---)
Date: February 13, 2003 01:58AM

Talk to my brother.:-D

Date: February 13, 2003 02:01AM

yes, email me. . .:-D

Date: February 13, 2003 09:56AM

Definitely come. You'll get in, just be creative.

Hell, I'm willing to bet if you offered $20 to a kid in a Harvard shirt approaching the rink, he/she would gladly hand over a ticket.

Posted by: SteveL (---)
Date: February 13, 2003 09:59AM

Count another 3 in for the Brown / Harvard combo.
Does anyone know what the pahking is like near Meehan?

Date: February 13, 2003 10:07AM

From the travel guide:

Parking is usually plentiful and free. The easiest and most convenient place to park is in Brown University Lot 2, the large parking area that serves the Athletic Complex. On rare occasions, particularly when basketball games or other events are also taking place, hockey fans will find Lot 2 filled. If you’re brave, you can find a spot along the nearby streets, including Hope, Cushing, Bowen, Lloyd, and Brook. If you’re smart, proceed east on Lloyd Avenue from the intersection with Hope and Brook, behind Meehan and the Pizzitola Center to Lot 90, a large parking area that is still convenient to Meehan and almost never full. Finding Lot 90 can be somewhat tricky, since access is through an essentially unmarked opening in the fence that surrounds the AC. If you reach Arlington Ave, you’ve gone too far. If you park in Lot 90, you can follow the sidewalk between the Olney-Margioles Athletic Center and the Central Heating Plant and proceed up the stairs to Lot 2 and, eventually, Meehan Auditorium.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---)
Date: February 13, 2003 10:15AM

[Q] I'm willing to bet if you offered $20 to a kid in a Harvard shirt approaching the rink, he/she would gladly hand over a ticket. [/Q]

Warning: This might not work. According to the guy at the Harvard ticket office, if you have a student ticket you need to show a student ID. If this is correct, the student would need to hand over his/her ticket and ID, which might cost more than $20.

Posted by: colo83 (---)
Date: February 13, 2003 10:16AM

I' ve always been able to park in the lot by the main entrance if I arrive 90 min. before faceoff. Short walk to "downtown" for a libation or three in the interim. Coming from NH and surviving a few hours at Mohegan
in the afternoon should make for a hair- raising V-day.

Date: February 13, 2003 12:02PM

ARE YOU FOR REAL??? So there are going to be 2 empty would-be Cornell fan filled seats behind me? I mean...I don't mean to pour salt in your wounds...but that is just...

!#^$!%^@%^#!$&#&!!!! nut

Please fill us in on the heartwrenching moments after this realization was made... How many other peoples tickets were incinerated on your behalf? How did you explain it to them? How did they react? If they are still talking to you, you have some very good friends... (Yeah...there are MANY more important things in life...but...oy!)

Date: February 13, 2003 12:18PM

For some reason, I tend to think of the most random things when I'm stressed and driving...so you can imagine my shock and frustration when the scene unfolded in my mind and I tried to convince myself that it was a figment of my imagination due to too much work and being tired while I battled with the traffic trying to get onto 395 into DC (for those of you familiar with that fun and exciting time around here!)...and I thought I was going to die, not from the traffic and the drivers around here (I can rant about that too), but from being killed by Melissa. Forget going to yoga (where I was originally heading)...I went straight home to check on the tickets and then I was going to go start drinking...
I only had two tickets in my possession...

Don't worry, I think the current plan is that we're going to go one way or another. I just got my Brown tickets.

Date: February 13, 2003 12:21PM

Judy, this just occured to me. If you paid for your tickets with a credit card, there should be a record of the purchase. You'll have it on your credit card statement and the ticket office will have it on their purchasing records. See if there is a way for them to issue new tickets if you present a photo ID and the purchasing credit card at the harvard box office.

Posted by: jd212 (---)
Date: February 13, 2003 12:37PM

It's worth a shot, but you have no way to prove you actually destroyed the tickets. Don't think they're willing to give out new tickets when you might have not really "lost" them. But you never know. They are not the brightest over there. ;-)

Date: February 13, 2003 01:06PM

For the record tho - I was not upset. These things happen.
Worse case scenerio - I'd end up listening to the game over the net while in my own home, sleep in my own bed (and get more than 5-6 hrs!!!) , get done all the cleaning I've been meaning to do AND be able to watch Hockey Day in Canada on Center Ice ... all while saving some cash on food, gas, etc.
Of course - if we are able to secure Harvard tix I'll be there with bells on ... maybe literally.

Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: February 13, 2003 01:36PM

Melissa wrote:

Of course - if we are able to secure Harvard tix I'll be there with bells on ... maybe literally.
If you show up with bells on, literally, I'll... well, nothing, really, but I'll think it's really funny. :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login